New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lightbulb Making an Evangelion...from D20 mecha compendium stats

It's been some time but hey I need some help I'm trying to stat out eva-esque mechs using the system layed out in the D20 mecha compendium.Upwards of a thousand points is expected but beyond that I have no real idea how these are going to cost. So hey giant's can I get a helping hand?
    Spoiler
    Show

There was a time when I marched across the fields of battle, crushing those who opposed my lord and master. There was a time when I stared into the heart of darkness itself and did not tremble. These days are past me now. My lord is dead by my hand and I have shunned the light that once guided me. I do not seek your pity, I only seek the vengeance that is rightfully mine.
    - The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:
    Thank you Haruhi for the amazing Avatar.

Fullmetal Alchemy

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Making an Evangelion...from D20 mecha compendium stats

Is this thread to vague? Or am I asking to much at once? I'm honestly working on a setting based on the fanfic Shinji and 40K and kind of need the evas for it to really work...I keep running into dead ends myself and I was curious if anyone here might be skilled at mech statting.
    Spoiler
    Show

There was a time when I marched across the fields of battle, crushing those who opposed my lord and master. There was a time when I stared into the heart of darkness itself and did not tremble. These days are past me now. My lord is dead by my hand and I have shunned the light that once guided me. I do not seek your pity, I only seek the vengeance that is rightfully mine.
    - The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:

Fullmetal Alchemy

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lo! Here my ancient wisdom! Before there were tieflings, the original DiceFreaks had an entire thread devoted to d20 anime characters and monsters. Glorious, it was, mighty and proud! For in those hallowed halls were such legends as Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Goku, and even the Evangelion 01. The 01 alone had two versions; one at a decent CR 24, the other at a much heftier CR 56. Get ye now to DiceFreaks and ask about, see if any man or Darkwind there still holds this beautiful information. Oh, and get the Akira while you're there, too.

Back to normal talk now... There's always been a problem with d20 Eva which has detracted people from it: the scale difference. On one level, you have massive amounts of roleplaying and fluff revolving around normal human beings, albeit unique and neurotic ones. (God, can you imagine the end-game there? "Okay, Shinji, make a Will save against immature bitching or stop in your tracks and turn the whole world in orange-ade. What? Oh, you failed, huh?") On the other side, there are the massive action-centric Angels and Evas, destroying and fighting one each other without characterization or cause. I imagine Angels could probably be made by making a kaiju, pseudonatural, or both from just about any monster with enough elbow-grease. But like I said, the scale has detracted alot of people.

Which is why I LOVE the concept of a d20 Shinji and Warhammer 40K stats set. The 'ground combat', so to speak, has been vastly maximized. What with Rei, Kaworu, Shinji (temporarily), and for that matter possibly anyone compatible with an Eva having the capability for psionic powers, things just got a whole lot more interesting. Not to mention, the introduction of the 'angel-spawn' with Matriel, ground troops for the angels, continues to excite, to say nothing of the fact that Evas are no longer the only mechs on the planet any more. And as technology keeps advancing, it is entirely possible, if not probable, that space-settings would be a viable option. Imagine; it's the dark future, Shinji sacrificed himself during third impact and through martyrdom has raised himself to almost Christ-like levels of full-blown worship and adoration, beginning the Imperial Cult (which, of course, he sought to avoid throughout the entire story, going to great lengths to insure that he was not worshiped, but, he's dead now, so...). A united mankind is reaching out to space to bring the war back to the Angels on their home-world in revenge. All the while, the Angels do not rest easy, as they send not just single units, but hordes of monsters to earth. SEELE, now not unlike a cult, continues its crucible, sowing dissent and breeding mutants. All across the world, nations take up arms via mechs, led by the NERV's remaining Children in glorious war for the late Emperor. Oh yeah... I think I just had me a creationgasm...

Also, I highly suggest that you check out a campaign on the d20 Modern boards called 'Undocumented Features'. It. Is. EPIC. Basically, one day, a virus started infecting every known computer on the planet. Over the next 23 hours, things go straight to Hell. A strange fogs surrounds all major cities on Earth. Most of the human population that was anywhere near some kind of digital device disappears. In their place, 'Fictions' start showing up; characters from video games, comics, anime, literature, fan fiction, television, movies, you name it. In utter chaos, the vanished humans return, completely adapted to this new world, some with strange powers and equipment. The goal of the campaign is to figure out the details of the mystery virus, and how (or if you want to) reverse it. The world is a dangerous place now; between daikaiju, Super Saiyans, Daleks, Mandalorians, Cylons, dragons, demons, and every other kind of antagonist imaginable, most humans, and practically all Fictions, want to go back home and get things to normal. Not much has been done for Eva: a journal entry from a Shinji's diary has been found, along with Misato's and Gendo's (who are both statted out, levels 14 and 12 respectively.), and 'Red-Eyes' (Kaworu and Rei) are their own races. Because a single character can be drawn from different sources, there are usually multiples; different versions of Shinji, Rei, etc. I'm keeping an eye on the setting myself. Still rather curious how Shinji from Warhammer 40K would work in this world. I can imagine, with Lelouch and Light combination level of scheming, that he would probably kill any versions of him or his father that wouldn't work for him.

My word, how long have I been ranting now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I'd actually probably use the RIFTS Glitter Boy as a start, rather than trying to shoehorn it into d20 Modern...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

I recently came up with some mecha stuff for Fudge, if your interested. And it is much less labor intensive than that pokemon project. But I don't know how close the Evangelion mechs are to Code Geass mechs, so that gets in the way.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Haha impressive rant to say the least. Using Rifts and Fudge is viable but personally I've found that D20 mecha compendium can make a lot of power. Some of their sample mecha are nearly as powerful as what I can imagine an Eva being.

Knaight I hear you there. As for the level of power, a code geass mech well....it's a paltry comparison.
    Last edited by black dragoon; 2009-04-23 at 07:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

- The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:

Fullmetal Alchemy

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Well the fudge system I had made was aimed at late Code Geass Mecha. Which are pretty damn impressive to say the least.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

8. - Top - End - #8

So I've heard. Have you seen any Evangelion episodes though? Try the first three to get a good idea of what you are running them against.
    Spoiler
    Show

- The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:

Fullmetal Alchemy

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yeah, I'm not really sure you can compare a 50 ft. tall Knight-Mare to a 500 ft. tall Eva, mecha which are more or less Jesus in bio-mechanical robot form. That's not an exaggeration, either. The Evas are, literally, half-God. They bend reality on a regular basis, and their entire point of creation was to further the evolution of mankind as a whole.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really sure you can compare a 50 ft. tall Knight-Mare to a 500 ft. tall Eva, mecha which are more or less Jesus in bio-mechanical robot form. That's not an exaggeration, either. The Evas are, literally, half-God. They bend reality on a regular basis, and their entire point of creation was to further the evolution of mankind as a whole.
    Not quite... Spoilered for the safety of those who haven't seen it...

Spoiler
    Show
    The Evas were basically bio-machines created based on the research of Adam, the first angel to be discovered by humans. Unit 01, in particular, was created with the mind/spirit of Shinji's mother.

The project to advance the evolution of Mankind was a completely different project, which was considered to be vastly more important. In fact NERV's whole point was to delay the Angel's attacks until the system could come online, in which case it no longer mattered because all of mankind would have entered a gestalt-matrix. It was strongly hinted that this project is the reason why the Angels were attacking in the first place.

That doesn't mean, however, that they are on an order of magnitude more powerful than any other mech. In the first place, they have an AT field, which can literally stand up to a neutron bomb at ground zero, a nuke at ground zero, and any other form of conventional weapon. In fact, the only thing which can truly pierce an AT field, is another AT field, which the Evas produce, as well as Angels.

In other words, if it doesn't generate an AT field, it don't do jack or squat. So it's plot armor, but the Angels have the golden bee bee which can penetrate the plot armor. Makes for an interesting show, anyways, although the final episode was seriously schizophrenic.

No mech firing mere lasers or missiles or rail guns would stand a hope in hell of doing more than scratching the paint of an Eva. It couldn't even seriously threaten an Eva's pilot, which is the only way to really piss off an Eva. Which would be a bad idea anyways, since they have a tendency to go berserk when you do that, which bypasses their Achilles Heel of power supply and basically gives them infinity plus one strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

The Oedipal trait is quite necessary.
    Last edited by Faulty; 2009-04-23 at 11:15 PM.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

12. - Top - End - #12

That's the first time I've ever heard of and eva being a bio-mechanical Jesus.
    Also it wasn't exactly a delaying tactic (spoilered for obvious reasons)

Spoiler
    Show

The angels are trying to cause third Impact on their terms instead of Seele's. As shown by Kauro(sp?) when he goes straight to the heart of the matter and realizes with disdain that the large figure hanging in terminal dogma is actually Lilith and not Adam as they thought all along.
    Spoiler
    Show

- The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:

Fullmetal Alchemy

13. - Top - End - #13

Alright so what do we know for sure about the Evas? Beyond the obvious facts? Also a friend of mine suggested an interesting way of handling the AT field. It could be that it's a constant effect such as a constant bonus to HP that regenerates every round back to full. When you toss in angels regeneration abilites that makes the suckers about unstoppable till you can break it down and get at the core.
    Spoiler
    Show

- The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:

Fullmetal Alchemy

14. - Top - End - #14

*pulls out CPR kit*

Alright I have a point value. Two thousand five hundred points. This seems to be a fairly appropriate number given two thousand is considered enough to build a super robot that can save the planet in a normal setting. Also I will actually post stats eventually It's just the joys of college holding me up.
    Spoiler
    Show

- The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:

Fullmetal Alchemy

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

The fudge system for Code Geass style mechs will work. You just have to scale everything way up, which isn't particularly difficult. On the AT field, just have only AT field things able to punch through it. Done.

-- ChubbyRain

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

The only problem with making an AT field as portrayed in Shinji and Warhammer 40k is that it can do practically anything. Practically give them Reality Revision as a spell like ability at will...

Anyone else who has read that Fic have any ideas/thoughts on the matter?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Perhaps high Will Saves or an in-game Sync ratio system could be devised. Or magic. We could always call it magic. That's basically what it is. Don't deny it. You know it's true.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

well of course it's magic....but that's only slightly beside the point.

maybe some kind of skill (or psudo-skill) system to replicate sync ratios? like the ride skill, but you only have to make the check every few rounds or so...or whenever you go through some kind of mental shock and/or decide to 'contemplate your navel' (>.>). Then maybe some method off of that to determine what abilities are available to you by using the AT field.

y/n/m?

19. - Top - End - #19

Haha actually we were sticking to the more traditional view of the AT fields simply because well...yeah scary scary stuff. As for synch ratios I actually figured you almost need to fail your will saves. Look at Shinji and Asuka they are both pretty easy to manipulate.

But, a skill system would actually be a pretty sensible thing. Given the fact that it makes a little more sense in certain respects and also allows for AT field shenanigans.
    Last edited by black dragoon; 2009-04-28 at 08:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

- The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:

Fullmetal Alchemy

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

...Neo Granzon could totally pwn an AT Field...

Anyways, I think Asuka uses her AT Field offensively in End of Evangelion, at the very least. Unless I'm wrong about that entirely...

I know in the show, the characters seem to do best whenever they're suffering severe mental trauma... hm. I think that strong emotions in general are part of sync ratios, the problem of course being the lack of strong positive emotions in Eva. Of course, the end of the world isn't as end of the worldy as it could have been had Shinji not started to figure things out in those last two episodes, so obviously positive feelings do work in Eva.

Are you just using the canon Eva pilots or adding more?
    i am gendum

I am Lord Guilford of /m/

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I do believe there is a certain leaning towards 'Shinji and Warhammer 40K', HIS HAND GUIDES US ALL!
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

22. - Top - End - #22

Right now we are just trying to get an eva off the ground. So we are focusing on the most basic aspects of the behemoths. Which means raw stats really for the time being.
    Spoiler
    Show

- The Black Dragoon

Homebrew:

Fullmetal Alchemy

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ha! I knew they'd show up sooner or later!

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedros
    I'm afraid no stats for 01 were posted, but I do have the next best things.

Evangelion Unit 00

Titanic Humanoid
    Wounds: 480 WP 957 VP (66d8+10)
    Initiative: +15 (+7 Dex, +8 Superior Initiative)
    Speed: 190 ft. (38 squares)
    AC: 82 (-16 size, +20 natural, +51 armour, +7 Dex, +10 deflection), touch -11, flat-footed 75
    Base Attack/Grapple: +49/+94
    Attacks: Progressive knife +63 mêlée (4d6+37 slashing or piercing +4d8 sonic/19-20/x2); or Lance of Longinus +85 mêlée (8d6+64); or slam +62 mêlée (4d6+25); or stomp (vs gargantuan or smaller) +57 mêlée (8d6+37); or AT–Field +43 mêlée, treats target as flat footed (8d8+10 force)
    Full Attack: Progressive knife +63/58/53/48 (4d6+37 slashing or piercing +4d8 Sonic/19-20/x2); or Lance of Longinus +85/80/75/70 mêlée (8d6+64 +6d6 divine); or 2 slams 62 mêlée (4d6+25) and 1 bite (berserker only) +57 mêlée (4d6+25).
    Space/Reach: 130 ft./135 ft.
    Special Abilities: AT-Field strike
    Special Qualities: AT-Field, berserker, power cable, reinforced armour, sensor suite
    Saves: Fort +38, Ref +43 Will +28
    Abilities: Str 60 (+25), Dex 24 (+7), Con 30 (+10), Int 2 (-4), Wis 11, Cha 31 (+10)
    Skills: Jump 22 (+113), Spot 22 (+28), Listen 22 (+28), Climb (+37), Swim (+37), Tumble (+11), All others by Ability Score
    Feats: Acrobatic, Alertness, Athletic, Awesome Blow, (Great) Cleave, Great Fortitude, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Run
    Epic Feats: Dire Charge, Epic Fortitude, Epic Reflexes, Epic Speed, Epic Will, Perfect Health, Superior Initiative
    Environment: Tokyo 3
    Organization: Solitary (unique), or with Units 01 and 02
    Challenge Rating: 22
    Treasure: See Possessions
    Alignment: Neutral
    Advancement: 66-127 Titanic, 128+ Macro-Fine

A rather lanky 132 foot tall blue armoured humanoid with a single glowing mechanical eye, and prominent shoulder-blades. It carries a long, thin red spear that has twin prongs twisted into a double helix. A thick cable extends from its back. Evangelion Unit 00 speaks no languages, is 132 feet tall, and weighs approximately 1280 tons.

Possessions:

Progressive Knife: A progressive knife is an Evangelion-scale vibrodagger. It provides a +1 enhancement bonus to attack rolls, and deals damage as a Titanic dagger, as well as an additional 4d8 sonic damage. Because it is made from high-tech superalloys, it weighs 30 tons, has hardness 20 and 85 HP. The blade is retractable, and in the event of the blade being sundered, a secondary blade can be extended as a swift action. There is insufficient additional length for the blade to survive a second sunder attempt. Replacing the blade can be done at 1/3rd the cost of the weapon. The knife is commonly wielded two-handed.

Other progressive weapons exist (known examples are katana, glaives, axes (hand-, battle- and great-), longspears, and naginata, although any slashing or piercing mêlée weapon could be feasibly constructed as progressive weapons) but they do not possess the replaceable blade function of the progressive knife. They deal damage as Masterwork Titanic examples of their type, all have hardness 20, 1/3rd more HP than normal for weapons of that size, and all deal +4d8 sonic damage.

Evangelion units have ranged weapons at their disposal, however Unit-00 is never deployed using anything other than Titanic versions of conventional masterwork weapons.

Lance of Longinus (Major Artifact): The Lance of Longinus contains the original spear used by the Roman soldier of the same name to stab Jesus. It has been endowed with the power to instantaneously slay any being, even God. It deals a base damage of 8d6, is a +27 Titanic longspear, can be thrown at any target within line of sight with no range penalties, and only requires a successful touch attack or ranged touch attack to hit. It weighs approximately 375 tons. Creatures with regeneration or fast healing that are impaled by the lance lose their regeneration or fast healing for the duration of the impalement. It deals an additional 6d6 divine damage to any target it hits, ignores hardness and damage reduction, deals lethal damage to creatures with regeneration, and will destroy an AT-Field, divine shield (destroying a divine shield requires the Lance to succeed on a rank check against the deity that created it, using its effective divine rank of 20), wall of force, prismatic wall, or prismatic sphere it hits (all layers in a prismatic effect are destroyed). The Lance is unaffected and can strike a target behind the AT-Field, divine shield, wall of force, or prismatic effect. Targets struck by the lance must succeed on a DC 105 Will save or die. This affects all creatures, even those immune to death effects, including deities. Creatures slain by the Lance count as being slain by a divine rank 20 greater deity. In addition, specifically regarding the Evangelion units, wounds caused to an Evangelion unit by the Lance are proportionately carried over to that unit’s pilot.

Heat Shield: Unit 00, under certain circumstances, may be sent into battle using a heat shield. This is a Macro-Fine tower shield, and requires 2 hands to be used effectively. When using this heat shield as cover, it also provides cover to one Titanic creature standing directly behind the user, or any number of smaller creatures capable of fitting in the space of a Titanic creature. It provides a +30 shield bonus to AC, has a maximum Dex bonus of +2, an armour check penalty of –15, weighs 650 tons, has hardness 25, and 1,750 HP. The shield has fire resistance 3,000, and confers that resistance to its user when dealing with attacks from the front.

Special Qualities:

AT-Field (Su): An AT-Field is the light of a creature’s soul. Evangelion units have the ability to manifest this as a physical shield as a swift action. This provides damage reduction 50/AT-Field neutralization (the damage reduction may only be penetrated when another being with an AT-Field is within 1 mile of the Evangelion unit), and a deflection bonus to AC equal to the Evangelion unit’s Charisma modifier. Against all attacks when it has not been neutralized, it counts as a divine shield capable of blocking 150 points of damage for every point of Charisma bonus the Evangelion unit has. The shield recovers all of its HP at the beginning of each round. An Evangelion unit may strike with its AT-Field as a natural weapon against targets which do not possess an AT-Field. The invisible nature of the field and its extent mean that targets count as flat-footed against it. AT fields use the Eva’s Charisma modifier instead of Strength for calculating damage and attack bonus, and deal force damage, with a base damage of 8d8.

Berserker (Ex): Once per day, an Evangelion unit can attempt to wrest control from its pilot, and act independently. This will only be performed as an act of self-preservation under dire circumstances. The pilot must make a Pilot Evangelion check to keep the unit under control - failure to do so results in the Evangelion flying into a berserker rage, which works as a 20th level barbarian’s rage. A berserk Evangelion will not use weapons other than its natural weapons, and will attack all perceived threats mercilessly until either they or it are eliminated, or its rage subsides (after 17 rounds in this case). Berserk Evangelion units can continue to operate even without electrical power, although they have the need to eat, breath and sleep while in this state.

Power Cable (Ex): Evangelion units receive external power through a cable inserted into their spine. While it is connected, they possess mechanical life-support and do not need to eat, sleep or breath, and don’t feel the effects of fatigue or exhaustion. If broken (the cable has an AC of 19, benefits from half of the Eva’s Dex bonus to AC if the Eva does, have hardness 15, and 40 hitpoints per 5 foot section), the Eva may resort to its backup batteries, which provide enough power for 6 hours of minimal life support, 5 minutes of normal activity, or 10 rounds of intense combat, after which the Eva shuts down (unless it happens to go berserk). External batteries can be fitted which triple the endurance, but at a –2 penalty to the unit’s Dexterity score.

Reinforced Armour(Ex): An Evangelion Unit has over 12,000 plates of armour grafted onto its body. These are made of a selection of advanced composites and high-tech alloys. It provides a +51 armour bonus to AC, and due to its built-in nature, has no maximum Dex bonus or armour check penalty. Its weight is already included in the weight of the unit. It provides the unit with fire resistance 10, cold resistance 10, electricity resistance 10, acid resistance 10, light fortification and damage reduction 5/-. The armour also acts as bindings, and an Evangelion unit with intact armour gives its pilot a +5 circumstance bonus to prevent the Eva going berserk. A berserk Eva breaks the bindings, which has the effect of removing the armour’s fortification and reducing the armour bonus to +45 and the resistances to 8 each.

Sensor Suite (Ex): An Evangelion unit provides its pilot with a built-in heads up display, which gives a variety of methods of long-range communication, and a set of various sensing devices. This gives a +4 racial bonus to Spot and Listen checks, low-light vision, and reduces the penalty for range on Spot checks to –1 for every 10 ten million feet.

Evangelion Unit 02

Production Type
    Titanic Humanoid
    Hit Dice: 480 WP, 957 VP (66d8+10)
    Initiative: +14 (+4 Dex +8 Superior Initiative, +2 divine)
    Speed: 270 ft. (54 squares)
    AC: 75 (-16 Size, +20 natural, +45 armour, +4 Dex, +10 deflection, +2 divine), touch -12, flat-footed 71
    Base Attack/Grapple: +49/+100
    Attacks: Progressive knife +68 mêlée (4d6+48 slashing or piercing +4d8 sonic/19-20/x2); or shoulder spike +67 mêlée (4d6+32 piercing); or slam +67 mêlée (4d6+32); or stomp (vs gargantuan or smaller) +62 mêlée (8d6+48); or AT–Field +43 mêlée, treats target as flat footed (8d8+10 force).
    Full Attack: Progressive knife +68/63/58/53 (4d6+48 slashing or piercing +4d8 sonic/19-20/x2); or 14 shoulder spikes +67 mêlée (4d6+32 piercing); or 2 slams +67 mêlée (4d6+32) and 1 bite (berserker only) +62 mêlée (4d6+32).
    Space/Reach: 90 ft./130 ft.
    Special Abilities: AT-Field strike, shoulder spikes
    Special Qualities: Angelic traits, AT-Field, berserker, power cable, reinforced armour, sensor suite
    Saves: Fort +40, Ref +46 Will +30
    Abilities: Str 75 (+32), Dex 18 (+4), Con 30 (+10), Int 3 (-4), Wis 11, Cha 31 (+10)
    Skills: Jump 22 (+154), Spot 22 (+30), Listen 22 (+30), Climb (+45), Swim (+45), Tumble (+10), All others by Ability Score + Divine Bonus
    Feats: Acrobatic, Alertness, Athletic, Awesome Blow, (Great) Cleave, Great Fortitude, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Power Attack, Run,
    Epic Feats: Dire Charge, Epic Fortitude, Epic Reflexes, Epic Speed, Epic Will, Perfect Health, Superior Initiative
    Environment: Tokyo 3
    Organization: Solitary (Unique), or with Units 00 and 01
    Challenge Rating: 38
    Treasure: See Possessions
    Alignment: Chaotic neutral
    Advancement: 66-127 Titanic, 128+ Macro-Fine

Description: A rather lanky 132 foot tall red armoured humanoid with four glowing mechanical eyes and prominent shoulder-blades. Evangelion Unit 02 speaks no languages, is 132 feet tall, and weighs approximately 1280 tons.

Possessions:

D-Type Equipment: Evangelion Unit-02 is, under very rare circumstances, sent into battle with the D-Type Equipment. This is a very heavy suit of armour that resembles a deep sea diving suit. It provides a +57 armour bonus to AC, grants acid, cold, and electrical resistance 50, fire resistance 120 and damage reduction 25/-. Creatures wearing the D-Type equipment take half damage from all pressure and concussive effects. It has an armour check penalty of –12, a maximum Dexterity bonus of 0, and reduces the Eva’s speed to 160 feet. The suit weighs 2000 tons.

Progressive Knife: A progressive knife is an Evangelion-scale vibrodagger. It provides a +1 enhancement bonus to attack rolls, and deals damage as a Titanic dagger, as well as an additional 4d8 sonic damage. Because it is made from high-tech superalloys, it weighs 30 tons, has hardness 20 and 85 HP. The blade is retractable, and in the event of the blade being sundered, a secondary blade can be extended as a swift action. There is insufficient additional length for the blade to survive a second sunder attempt. Replacing the blade can be done at 1/3rd the cost of the weapon. The knife is commonly wielded two-handed.

Other progressive weapons exist (known examples are katana, glaives, axes (hand-, battle- and great-), longspears, and naginata, although any slashing or piercing mêlée weapon could be feasibly constructed as progressive weapons) but they do not possess the replaceable blade function of the progressive knife. They deal damage as Masterwork Titanic examples of their type, all have hardness 20, 1/3rd more HP than normal for weapons of that size, and all deal +4d8 sonic damage.

Portable Positron Rifle: Evangelion Unit 02 is sometimes sent into battle with a positron rifle, a Titanic energy weapon, which requires two hands to use. It has an internal battery capable of firing 12 shots. Firing it requires a full-round action. It has a range increment of 24,000 miles. It is capable of firing on semiautomatic, weighs 500 tons, contains a built-in electro-optical scope, deals 80d10 electrical damage, and 80d10 antimatter damage. If it penetrates (completely depletes the hitpoints of) an AT-Field or divine shield, the beam goes on to deal full damage (roll for damage again) against the possessor of the field.

Shoulder Spikes: Evangelion Unit-02 has 14 explosive-triggered spikes mounted in its shoulder blades. They can be used to make a mêlée piercing attack with a base damage of 4d6. As a full attack action, any number of remaining spikes can be fired at once. Once a spike has been fired, it cannot be used again, and replacing it requires a qualified engineering team. The spikes have a hardness of 20.

Special Qualities:

Angelic Traits (Su): Evangelion units are the descendants of Adam, and are on the borderline between mortal and deity. They gain damage reduction 15/Abrahimic religion, fast healing 10, and a +2 divine bonus to attack rolls, armour class, checks, difficulty class, initiative and saving throws.

AT-Field (Su): An AT-Field is the light of a creature’s soul. Evangelion units have the ability to manifest this as a physical shield as a swift action. This provides damage reduction 50/AT-Field neutralization (the damage reduction may only be penetrated when another being with an AT-Field is within 1 mile of the Evangelion unit), and a deflection bonus to AC equal to the Evangelion unit’s Charisma modifier. Against all attacks when it has not been neutralized, it counts as a divine shield capable of blocking 150 points of damage for every point of Charisma bonus the Evangelion Unit has. The shield recovers all of its HP at the beginning of each round. An Evangelion unit may strike with its AT-Field as a natural weapon against targets which do not possess an AT-Field. The invisible nature of the field and its extent mean that targets count as flat-footed against it. AT fields use the Eva’s Charisma modifier instead of Strength for calculating damage and attack bonus, and deal force damage, with a base damage of 8d8.

Berserker (Ex): Once per day, an Evangelion unit can attempt to wrest control from its pilot, and act independently. This will only be performed as an act of self-preservation under dire circumstances. The pilot must make a Pilot Evangelion check to keep the unit under control - failure to do so results in the Evangelion flying into a berserk rage, which works as a 20th level barbarian’s rage. A berserk Evangelion will not use weapons other than its natural weapons, and will attack all perceived threats mercilessly until either they or it are eliminated, or its rage subsides (after 17 rounds in this case). Berserk Evangelion units can continue to operate even without electrical power, although they have the need to eat, breath and sleep while in this state.

Power Cable (Ex): Evangelion units receive external power through a cable inserted into their spine. While it is connected, they possess mechanical life-support and do not need to eat, sleep or breath, and don’t feel the effects of fatigue or exhaustion. If broken (the cable has an AC of 19, benefits from half of the Eva’s Dex bonus to AC if the Eva does, has hardness 15, and 40 hitpoints per 5 foot section), the Eva may resort to its backup batteries, which provide enough power for 6 hours of minimal life support, 5 minutes of normal activity, or 10 rounds of intense combat, after which the Eva shuts down (unless it happens to go berserk). External batteries can be fitted which triple the endurance, but at a –2 penalty to the unit’s Dexterity score.

Reinforced Armour (Ex): An Evangelion unit has over 12,000 plates of armour grafted onto its body. These are made of a selection of advanced composites and high-tech alloys. It provides a +45 armour bonus to AC, and due to its built-in nature, has no maximum Dex bonus or armour check penalty. Its weight is already included in the weight of the unit. It provides the unit with fire resistance 10, cold resistance 10, electricity resistance 10, acid resistance 10, light fortification and damage reduction 5/-. The armour also acts as bindings, and an Evangelion unit with intact armour gives its pilot a +5 circumstance bonus to prevent the Eva going berserk. A berserk Eva breaks the bindings, which has the effect of removing the armour’s fortification and reducing the armour bonus to +40 and the resistances to 8 each.

Sensor Suite (Ex): An Evangelion unit provides its pilot with a built-in heads up display, which gives a variety of methods of long-range communication, and a set of various sensing devices. This gives a +4 racial bonus to Spot and Listen checks, low-light vision, and reduces the penalty for range on Spot checks to –1 for every 10 ten million feet.
    Kudos to Phaedros for finding them, and mega kudos to Phantom Llama for making them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Which is why I LOVE the concept of a d20 Shinji and Warhammer 40K stats set. The 'ground combat', so to speak, has been vastly maximized. What with Rei, Kaworu, Shinji (temporarily), and for that matter possibly anyone compatible with an Eva having the capability for psionic powers, things just got a whole lot more interesting. Not to mention, the introduction of the 'angel-spawn' with Matriel, ground troops for the angels, continues to excite, to say nothing of the fact that Evas are no longer the only mechs on the planet any more. And as technology keeps advancing, it is entirely possible, if not probable, that space-settings would be a viable option. Imagine; it's the dark future, Shinji sacrificed himself during third impact and through martyrdom has raised himself to almost Christ-like levels of full-blown worship and adoration, beginning the Imperial Cult (which, of course, he sought to avoid throughout the entire story, going to great lengths to insure that he was not worshiped, but, he's dead now, so...). A united mankind is reaching out to space to bring the war back to the Angels on their home-world in revenge. All the while, the Angels do not rest easy, as they send not just single units, but hordes of monsters to earth. SEELE, now not unlike a cult, continues its crucible, sowing dissent and breeding mutants. All across the world, nations take up arms via mechs, led by the NERV's remaining Children in glorious war for the late Emperor. Oh yeah... I think I just had me a creationgasm...

Also, I highly suggest that you check out a campaign on the d20 Modern boards called 'Undocumented Features'. It. Is. EPIC. Basically, one day, a virus started infecting every known computer on the planet. Over the next 23 hours, things go straight to Hell. A strange fogs surrounds all major cities on Earth. Most of the human population that was anywhere near some kind of digital device disappears. In their place, 'Fictions' start showing up; characters from video games, comics, anime, literature, fan fiction, television, movies, you name it. In utter chaos, the vanished humans return, completely adapted to this new world, some with strange powers and equipment. The goal of the campaign is to figure out the details of the mystery virus, and how (or if you want to) reverse it. The world is a dangerous place now; between daikaiju, Super Saiyans, Daleks, Mandalorians, Cylons, dragons, demons, and every other kind of antagonist imaginable, most humans, and practically all Fictions, want to go back home and get things to normal. Not much has been done for Eva: a journal entry from a Shinji's diary has been found, along with Misato's and Gendo's (who are both statted out, levels 14 and 12 respectively.), and 'Red-Eyes' (Kaworu and Rei) are their own races. Because a single character can be drawn from different sources, there are usually multiples; different versions of Shinji, Rei, etc. I'm keeping an eye on the setting myself. Still rather curious how Shinji from Warhammer 40K would work in this world. I can imagine, with Lelouch and Light combination level of scheming, that he would probably kill any versions of him or his father that wouldn't work for him.

My word, how long have I been ranting now?
    This is my first post over here at the Giant in the Playground forums, and I must say that the stats of the Evangelions are pretty... well, for the lack of a better term, *monstruous*. Like a good ol' D&D team would require a few anti-tank rockets, an anti-AT Field spell, and a crapload of luck.

And yup, as for what he said about the 'Undocumented Features' setting... I was somewhat lacking in ideas about what to add to the setting regarding Evangelion... sure, Tokyo-3 is in the setting (and SEELE and NERV have obtained an 'upgrade' in the threat levels because of all of the available firepower and allies out there), although I'm lacking about any plans for those factions beyond that.

As well, I haven't read much of 'Shinji and WH40k', so I dunno what to add from that story over there. Surely, a lot of people (and I mean, A LOT OF PEOPLE) do not like Shinji's wanna-be 'Neo-Imperiium of Man' (because a lot of them are just expecting the Inquisitors to start popping up-and surely do not like the idea of *Shinji Ikari* becoming a God-Emperor (and what the kid is truly thinking about said idea is something they do not care about)).

Maybe the Neo-Imperium of Man would be fighting the Eternal Churchill somewhere out there against the forces of Neo-Chaos (from 'Thousand Shinji' and 'The Open Door' ). I don't know.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by marcoasalazarm; 2010-02-10 at 03:25 AM.