New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default UK Games Expo (5th-7th June) Anyone Coming?

This

Two guys from my local games club have been running this show in Birmingham for the last two years, and this year it's running from Friday 5th - Sunday 7th June. It's a pretty good show, with a shed load of games to watch or try, loads of RPG stuff, and plenty of guys and girls in silly costumes. Last year Dr Who and the Daleks made an appearance, as well as Bobba Fett and an entourage of surly Stormtroopers. There was also plenty of stuff to attract the 'real wargamer' that thinks pen and paper games don't feature enough metal models.

The point of all this guff is, I'm going to be at the Expo on Saturday 6th, and I was just wandering whether any other playgrounders were thinking of making an appearance? With no UK meetup seemingly planned for a while, I thought something like this might be an opportunity to meet up with a few people and fire off some off-kilter jokes and make some silly faces for the camera again. I'm not going to try and sell that Expo or anything, I'm just going to be there, and if anyone else was planning on it I wouldn't mind meeting you.

It's not exactly Gencon, but it's a pretty good place for a geek to spend a few hours...along with a fair bit of money.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: UK Games Expo (5th-7th June) Anyone Coming?

I'ma graduating th'n!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!