New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Will Ansom ever break free?

Perhaps in some vital but not decisive manner someday, or not at all - I don't think so... but it could be happen.

I wanted to hear Erffans thoughts :).

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Will Ansom ever break free?

Quote Originally Posted by Moechi_Vill View Post
    Perhaps in some vital but not decisive manner someday, or not at all - I don't think so... but it could be happen.

I wanted to hear Erffans thoughts :).

If the storyline or plot calls for it, sure. Otherwise, probably not.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

He's not even reanimated yet... For all we know, she's just going to take a dump on his corpse.

Maybe you could wait until he's raised as a tortured Death Knight before speculating about him breaking free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

The speculation at this point is a bit much. Lets discuss the likelihood of Ansom transforming into a 1000 ton Battle tank. Do you think the laser beams will come out of his nostrils or maybe each hair follicle will animate and chop up his enemies.

Super Battle Tank Ansom also needs a good theme song. Maybe he could go pimp slap Darth Vadar and steal his theme song.
    "If I could just interrupt your stunningly dysfunctional group dynamic for a moment to interject." -- Erfworld

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ishnar View Post
    The speculation at this point is a bit much. Lets discuss the likelihood of Ansom transforming into a 1000 ton Battle tank. Do you think the laser beams will come out of his nostrils or maybe each hair follicle will animate and chop up his enemies.

Super Battle Tank Ansom also needs a good theme song. Maybe he could go pimp slap Darth Vadar and steal his theme song.
    Ansome along with all the other croaked warlords will be uncroaked and then, when called for, merge in to a voltron-esque giant uncroaked robot. Lasers will then shoot not only out his nostrils but every pore on his body. The theme song will be by played by metallica on instruments made from bones and purified awesome. He will come decorated with a 42 on his chest because Ansome-giant-uncroaked-metallica-laser-robot is the only answer you need.

At least that's what I'd like to see.
    The five six star general of self promotion.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zz_tophat View Post
    Ansome along with all the other croaked warlords will be uncroaked and then, when called for, merge in to a voltron-esque giant uncroaked robot. Lasers will then shoot not only out his nostrils but every pore on his body. The theme song will be by played by metallica on instruments made from bones and purified awesome. He will come decorated with a 42 on his chest because Ansome-giant-uncroaked-metallica-laser-robot is the only answer you need.

At least that's what I'd like to see.
    Awesome. I never thought of a super-person wearing a 42. Pure Win.

But Ansom-giant-uncroake-metallica-laser-robot needs someone to fight. Having a super weapon is pretty useless unless you can fight someone with it.

What do you think about Jillian and TV going all Power Rangers. Jillian being the Pink ranger of course.
    Last edited by ishnar; 2009-04-25 at 02:47 PM.
    "If I could just interrupt your stunningly dysfunctional group dynamic for a moment to interject." -- Erfworld

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

But Ansom-giant-uncroake-metallica-laser-robot needs someone to fight. Having a super weapon is pretty useless unless you can fight someone with it.
    It can fight giant crap golems. Just get two dirtamancers who want to conquer the world and stick them in another trinity and you get a villain to fight for at least 3 seasons.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cnsvnc View Post
    It can fight giant crap golems. Just get two dirtamancers who want to conquer the world and stick them in another trinity and you get a villain to fight for at least 3 seasons.
    Yes this works, after all no real story of substance is needed when there is action!

Then again it does lead to some Merchandising problems, after all once the kids have their A.G.U.M.L.R. (Ansome-giant-uncroaked-metallica-laser-robot), Gobwin Knob launching pad + play set and their hampstard battle helmet what else is there to sell?

I'm thinking side kick...
    The five six star general of self promotion.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zz_tophat View Post
    Yes this works, after all no real story of substance is needed when there is action!

Then again it does lead to some Merchandising problems, after all once the kids have their A.G.U.M.L.R. (Ansome-giant-uncroaked-metallica-laser-robot), Gobwin Knob launching pad + play set and their hampstard battle helmet what else is there to sell?

I'm thinking side kick...
    I think the real merchandising problem is selling Crap golem dolls.

Child : "Mom, I want a Poo doll."
    Mom: "Like winnie the poo?"
    Child: "No, Poo like that brown stuff in a cesspit."

Really. Crap Golem just isn't a selling name. Poo Doll might work, if we add a pink ribbon to each one maybe.
    Last edited by ishnar; 2009-04-25 at 05:37 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

I think the real merchandising problem is selling Crap golem dolls.

Child : "Mom, I want a Poo doll."
    Mom: "Like winnie the poo?"
    Child: "No, Poo like that brown stuff in a cesspit."

Really. Crap Golem just isn't a selling name. Poo Doll might work, if we add a pink ribbon to each one maybe.
    See that would be targeting the wrong demographic, you want a crap golem action figure with turd shooters and fecal karate chop. You can use it being gross as a selling point to boys. I'm mean if you can use that angle to sell this product
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdAIt4MgnHc
    You can use it to sell anything.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Do we really want a Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo reference in the comic?
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Do we really want a Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo reference in the comic?
    Yes! Hanage Shinken = win.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

I think Ansom has too big of an impact on the story and too many main character relations to just be a mindless zombie goon from now on. I believe Wanda will make him into an upper tier uncroaked with some free will and rational thought. In time, Jillian, Vinnie and perhaps others will want to come to his rescue.

And when that happens, hilarity ensues.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

And you thought this thread was without present relevancy and potential...
    Well, thanks for your contribution, it brought up some healthy imagery (and a great anime I just need to watch!). :)

I don't know how many tons Ansom is now, but his weightclass can probably pimpslap a dragon. :D
    (For that sake I wonder how may tons a dragons is? Probably around 5-10.)

Quote Originally Posted by mrlovanhey View Post
    I think Ansom has too big of an impact on the story and too many main character relations to just be a mindless zombie goon from now on. I believe Wanda will make him into an upper tier uncroaked with some free will and rational thought. In time, Jillian, Vinnie and perhaps others will want to come to his rescue.

And when that happens, hilarity ensues.
    Yes, heart-breaking hilarity indeed. ^%^
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2009-04-30 at 01:26 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

I think Ansom is alive again, but bound to Stanley's service. As a 'turned' unit, we can expect his Loyalty score to be especially low. Low enough, that if he had to fight Zamussels, he might be able to break free somehow. Parson should know better than to test that, but the tenious nature of his position may force his hand.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like he doesn't want to.

Remember, Dune was better before they brought Duncan Idaho back to life.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Minion992929 View Post
    Looks like he doesn't want to.

Remember, Dune was better before they brought Duncan Idaho back to life.
    True.
    Sad but true.