New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Default Is there any accounting of the Erfworld rules, or plans therefore?

I've been wondering, does there exist a project or plan to compile actual rules for the game world of Erfworld? I did a brief accounting of what rules I could discern a little while ago, in an attempt to better-match Erfworld with existing strategy games, but it would interest me greatly if there exists already a project or plan to create such rules, or if the creators had already expressed interest in formalizing their rules at some point.

At the very least, speculating how the game works on a fundamental level has been as much fun for me as following the plot development, and having somewhere to discuss theories and speculation with regards to how Erfworld works would be nice. The communications and command hierarchy systems alone are impressively developed, I tried to code a quick model for how communication networks would work and it was a real challenge to imagine.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Is there any accounting of the Erfworld rules, or plans therefore?

I think that's being included in the published book.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've personally been working on an actual game and ruleset for Erfworld, though that is, at least for now, just to amuse myself.

It's probaly nothing like the way the world actually works, but it mimics it nice enough.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rob wanted all suspected canon and speculation that to happen on hie ErfWiki. We're in the process of inplementing that right now. You can help if you want.

ErfWiki

Be aware that we have already done a lot of work (Ie. everything I could think of), and some things might not be on the exact page you would expect. So hunt around before starting a new page that may be redundant. Wild speculation doesn't last very long (anyone can get rid of your work, if its not accepted), and should still take place on forums, so it isn't a place for personal speculations, just those that are commonly accepted.