New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Synchronized Swordsman (PRC)

Anersha and Aylia, Synchronized Swordswomen.[/center]

“You misunderstand; there may be two of you, but we are a pair. There is a very big difference between two swordsmen and a pair of swordsmen.”
    -Archos Trillben and Charles Vidik, Synchronized Swordsmen.

Everybody knows that teamwork in combat is important. However, there are some people who recognize just how important. They train and practice together until they know each other’s movements, behavior and skills as well as they know their own. A pair of Synchronized Swordsmen are in constant, almost subconscious communication, each supports the other in everything they do. Such a team is vastly more than the sum of its parts, and as they progress, they act as one entity with two minds.

Requirements
    Base Attack Bonus: +6
    Attributes: 13 Charisma, 13 Wisdom
    Alignment: Partners must be of compatible alignments - that is, not directly opposed on either the Good/Evil or Law/Chaos axis.
    Special: Partners must take levels of this class concurrently. The partners must spend at least a week together in intensive training.

Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Heal, Intimidate, Jump, Perform, Profession, Sense Motive, Swim, Tumble, and Use Rope
    Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + Int Modifier

HD: d10
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Got Your Back +1, Improved Aid
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Combat Cant, Synchronized Action
    3rd|
    +3
    |
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Got Your Back +2, Back to Back

4th|
    +4
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Improved Flanking, Set Up

5th|
    +5
    |
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +1
    |Hey, Get Up!, Got Your Back +3, Retaliatory Defense

6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |

7th|
    +7
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Got Your Back +4, Avenge the Fallen

8th|
    +8
    |
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |

9th|
    +9
    |
    +6
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Got Your Back +5

10th|
    +10
    |
    +7
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Of One Mind, Twinned Blades[/table]

Partners: If a synchronized swordsman is separated from his partner, or if the partner dies and cannot be resurrected, they may train with a new partner who has at least one level in synchronized swordsman. However, if the partners are of different synchronized swordsman levels, they only get the class features available to the one with fewer synchronized swordsman levels.

Got Your Back (Ex): At 1st level, the synchronized swordsmen begin to gain confidence in the presence of one another. Provided they started the turn within ten feet of each other, both partners receive a +1 circumstance bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws. At 3rd level, this bonus increases to +2, at 5th, it increases to +3, at 7th +4, and +5 at 9th level.

Combat Cant (Ex): At 2nd level, the partners become so familiar with one another that they can communicate to each other via a shorthand made up of expressions, gestures, in-jokes, and unfinished words. If two partners wish to communicate to one another, they may use this odd code. The partners understand each other perfectly, but anybody else must make a DC (10 + class level*2) sense motive check to understand them. Because the actual vocabulary is taken from some common language between the two partners, the combat cant does not qualify as a language, and spells such as tongues or comprehend languages provide no help in understanding the Cant.

Improved Aid (Ex): When a synchronized swordsmen makes an aid another check to help their partner, the bonus increases by 2.

Synchronized Action (Ex): At 2nd level, the partners have learned how to coordinate their movements. When a pair of swordsmen make initiative checks, they both use the better of their two checks.

Back to Back (Ex): At 3rd Level, two swordsmen learn to coordinate their movements such that they can operate in close quarters without getting in each other's way. Partners can occupy the same 5 ft. square, and are immune to flanking when they are doing so. In addition, if one partner fights defensively, or takes a full defense action, both partners receive the AC bonus.

Set Up (Ex): At 4th level, a pair of swordsmen learn to, even as they attack, set up their partner for a second attack. Being struck in melee combat by one partner provokes an attack of opportunity from the other once per round. This ability is not triggered by attacks of opportunity.

Improved Flanking (Ex): When two synchronized swordsmen of at least 4th level flank the same target, both swordsmen deal an additional 1d6 damage to that target. In addition, they act as a rogue of their class level +4 to determine if they can flank an opponent with Uncanny Dodge.

Hey, Get Up! (Ex): At 5th level, a synchronized swordsman can inspire their partner to push past physical limits. Once per day they may give a partner 10 * class level temporary hit points, these hit points cannot go above the partners maximum HP total.

Retaliatory Defense (Ex): At 5th level, a synchronized swordsman is able to defend against attacks in such a way as to make an opening for their partner. Attacking one partner in melee provokes an attack of opportunity from the other.

Avenge the Fallen (Ex): At 7th level, the bond between the partners as grown so strong, that killing one only enrages and strengthens the other. If one partner dies, the other Rages as a barbarian of level equal to their character level.

Of One Mind (Ex): At 10th level, synchronized swordsmen have spent so much time and trained together so much that they have picked up talents from each other. A synchronized swordsman may use the base saving throws or skill ranks of their partner. In addition, if one partner is aware of a foe, both partners are. If the partners are adjacent and one is not flanked, neither is flanked. If one partner succeeds on a save to defeat an illusion, resist an enchantment, or see through a lie, both partners do.

Twinned Blades (Ex): At 10th level, the partners have reached a level of synchronization that makes them nigh-unstoppable in close-quarters. When they are occupying the same five-foot space, or if they are flanking the same foe, the partners may make a special full-attack action once per encounter. In this action, they both make full-attacks, alternating individual strikes (Partner A Attacks at his full AB, then Partner B attacks at his full AB, then Partner A does his second attack, and so on). If any attack deals at least two damage to a foe, then subsequent attacks to the same foe receive a +2 bonus to attack and damage. These bonuses stack for every attack that deals at least damage. (So, if Partner A's attack hits, then Partner B's attack receives a +2 bonus. If that hits as well, Partner A's second attack receives a +4 bonus). They can only use this tactic once per encounter.

Tome of Battle Expansion

Requirements
    Martial Maneuvers: Must know at least one White Raven maneuver.

Class Skills: Add Concentration to the list of class skills, as it is the key skill for the Diamond Mind discipline.

{table="head"]Level|Man. Known|Man. Readied|Stances Known
    1st|1|0|0
    2nd|0|1|1
    3rd|1|0|0
    4th|0|0|0
    5th|0|0|0
    6th|1|1|1
    7th|0|0|0
    8th|1|0|0
    9th|1|1|1
    10th|0|0|0
    [/table]

Maneuvers: At 1st, 3rd, 6th, 8th, and 9th level, a synchronized swordsman gains new maneuvers known from the Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, or White Raven disciplines. You must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. You add your full class level to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known.
    At 2nd, 6th, and 9th level, you gain additional maneuvers readied per day.

Stances Known: At 2nd, 6th, and 9th level, a synchronized swordsman learns a new martial stance from the Diamond Mind, Iron Heart, or White Raven Disciplines. You must meet a stance's prerequisites to learn it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to Salvonis for the pretty formatting.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-05-23 at 10:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Synchronized Swordsman (PRC)

I'll leave the balance comments to the professionals, but I love the flavor. However, I think it'd be incredibly bad for PCs, especially since this goes right down the same chute as a fighter's weapon focus problem, creating another glass jaw for melee characters is probably a bad idea.

Although, NPCs or Villains with this might be interesting, RP-wise(A reason to create Tomax and Xamot!)
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Awesome, and I love the concept of the paired PrC. It's well put together, quite straightforward, but I'd say a little underpowered. I suggest putting together some interesting additional power somewhere, something in a similar tune with Improved Flanking: being more effective when working as a pair.

Perhaps, a double attack ability where they may both attack the same target and both use the higher of the two attack rolls, or perhaps allowing some kind of co-feint that gives one a huge bonus to hit if the other takes a feint-esque action.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'll admit; it looks rather weak, especially for a PC class. Given that two characters are taking this, I'd like to see some really powerful teamwork abilities. The current abilities are rather few for such a class, and of fairly limited scope. I have no real suggestions at this point in time (I've been having a bad day, and am thus fairly uncreative at the moment), but I think it could use a significant boost both in terms of power and flavor (although it has a decent amount of that in concept, many of the abilities are, IMHO, a bit lacking).

Edit: Alright, I had a few ideas after all.

The Rogue's Opportunist ability seems PERFECT for this class. 1/round free Opportunity attack on an opponent your partner has struck in melee? Sounds good. One makes the opening for the other.

I'd also make Got Your Back scale at 1/2 level, rather than making it 5 separate abilities...gives you more room to flush out the class. It also doesn't make much sense with Skill checks...they're Swordsmen. I'd make it work if they're attacking the same foe (and make it a bonus to just Attack and Damage).

Maybe an ability called something like Back to Back, which gives them a similiar bonus to Saves and AC when in adjacent spaces, or renders them immune to flanking in a similiar situation.

Just tossing ideas out there.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2009-04-29 at 09:34 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Needs more.

How about an ability that lets each one be treated a rogue of their character level + 4 for purposes of being able to flank beings with uncanny dodge for the other one to be able to sneak attack? The wording might need work. But that would help give the pair some good incentive to actually try to work together tactically.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Perhaps when adjacent to one another, they get a bonus to AC, and possibly some other minor functionality or ability.

Another possibility is that they get flanking bonuses whenever they both threaten a target, regardless of whether they're actually positioned on either side.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Perhaps they should share experience, so they're synchronized in leveling too.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Some Ability Ideas:
    Synchronized Strike: Getting hit by one partner in Melee provokes an attack of opportunity from the other once per turn.
    Synchronized Defense: Attacking one partner in melee, provided that partner is not flat-footed, provokes an attack of opportunity from the other once per turn.

Double Charge: Two Partners may, if possible, Charge a single foe simultaneously, in which case they both receive an additional +4 bonus to attack and damage.

Maybe some more later.

Edit: Also, I'm thinking of moving "I'll wait, you go" and "We'll both go" to 2nd and 4th level, since alot of their abilities rely on them being near each other.

Double Edit: An idea I'm throwing around for a high-level ability, "Vengence Fury", If one partner is killed in battle, the other Rages as a barbarian of a level equal to their character level.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-04-30 at 10:28 AM.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Vengeance Fury sounds great. I was just going to suggest it. Always good to have something the character can use to survive when the key to all his nifty abilities up and dies.

I was also going to suggest adding to the DC's to understand the Combat Cant. Since the the longer two partners travel together the more difficult it should get to crack their code. As it is, the difficulty tops out at 20. They may not be gaining any new levels in the class, but the levels and depths of their relationship with each other will certainly continue to gain in complexity. Maybe a +1 or 2 for each language that the partners have in common? Or would that overcomplicate things?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by DoomedPaladin View Post
    Vengeance Fury sounds great. I was just going to suggest it. Always good to have something the character can use to survive when the key to all his nifty abilities up and dies.

I was also going to suggest adding to the DC's to understand the Combat Cant. Since the the longer two partners travel together the more difficult it should get to crack their code. As it is, the difficulty tops out at 20. They may not be gaining any new levels in the class, but the levels and depths of their relationship with each other will certainly continue to gain in complexity. Maybe a +1 or 2 for each language that the partners have in common? Or would that overcomplicate things?
    I'm considering Renaming Vengeance Fury "You Bastard!" Or something to that effect.

AS for the Combat Cant, remember it's an Int check, a really high-level wizard with 30 Int has a 50/50 chance of figuring out what they are talking about. But I suppose I could make it 15+Synchronized Swordsman level.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-04-30 at 12:28 PM.
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I just had a thought. If I remove the once/round bit from Synchronized Strike, then a pair of Synchronized Swordsmen with high-dex and combat reflexes could set up a very nasty combo.

Let's assume they are both threatening the same target, and both have combat reflexes and dex 14, giving them 3 AoO's each per round. If a foe attacks one partner in melee, he provokes an AoO from the other. If that attack hits, the first partner (The one origionally attacked) ALSO gets an AoO, provoking another one from the second partner, and so on. With this setup (Which isn't unreasonable, considering it's a fighter based class), a pair of swordsmen attacked in melee would return one melee attack with six of their own. I don't know if that's overpowered, of if it's the sort of "Powerful Teamwork Ability" that Djinn was talking about.
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

At any rate, I love it for weird NPC encounters. The PRC of the Quirky Miniboss Squad.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Alright, I've decided Synchronized Strike and Synchronized Defense are definitely in, the question is, which version of Strike should I use.

Synchronized Strike: Getting hit by one partner in Melee provokes an attack of opportunity from the other (AKA, meatgrinder as they pass the AoO's back and forward.
    Synchronized Strike: Getting hit by one partner in Melee provokes an attack of opportunity from the other once per turn. (Still pretty nasty when combined with defense, but the "Pass" can only happen once per person. So it's Partner A Gets hit, partner B AoO's, triggering Partner A's AoO, which triggers another AoO from partner B (his first one was triggered by Synchronized Defense, so it didn't count for his Synchronized Strike that round).
    Synchronized Strike: Getting hit by one partner in Melee provokes an attack of opportunity from the other. Getting hit by an Attack of Opportunity does not trigger this (Okay, Now they can't pass AoO's anymore, but expect to see some nasty Greatsword and TWF combos as one partner Full Attacks, triggering AoO's for the other.
    Synchronized Strike: Getting hit by one partner in Melee provokes an attack of opportunity from the other once per turn. Getting hit by an Attack of Opportunity does not trigger this. (Okay, this was what I origionally intended, but I'm not sure how much I like it. People have been saying the class is underpowered, and an AoO-ping pong may be an effective way to handle that).
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Don't let one attack of opportunity trigger another, while it would be interesting, it's usually not good to balance a class with one really powerful ability. I'd say don't let them back and forth trigger with that, and add the rage when partner drops.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't see why they should have synchronized strike. At the very least, it shouldn't be called that. It makes them attack twice as fast. From the name, you'd expect something more along the lines of being harder to block when they both attack.

Perhaps you should make it give them a bonus if they both attack the same opponent at the same time (the one that goes first would make a readied action to use this ability). This would be in addition to Improved Flanking.

You could change it to giving one an attack of opportunity by something other than attacking the other automatically gives an attack of opportunity to the other.

If one or both of them use ranged weapons, can they make an Attack of Opportunity form a distance? I think they should be able to, at lest with synchronized defense.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Icewalker View Post
    Don't let one attack of opportunity trigger another, while it would be interesting, it's usually not good to balance a class with one really powerful ability. I'd say don't let them back and forth trigger with that, and add the rage when partner drops.
    Okay. What about allowing it multiple times per round, which means you can have one partner TWFing, triggering abunch of attacks from the other partner with a greatsword.
    Yeah, Synchronized Strike and Defense need new names. What it really is is partner A attacking an opponent, Partner B, who is familiar enough to recognize when and how A is going to attack, is ready to take advantage of that opponent's distraction. With Defense, A gets attacked, B knows how A defends well enough to know how to take advantage of that distraction.
    Maybe something like Twinned Strike and Retaliatory Defense.

Alright, if were not doing AoO-passing, we'll need another powerful class feature.

I may use the name "Synchronized Strike" For some thing where the two partners attack simultaneously, if both hit the enemy makes a fort save DC 10+ Damage Taken or else get's stunned.

Hmm, some other potential ideas

Two-Man Takedown: One partner makes a Trip check against an opponent, if this succeeds, the other partner may (provided they haven't gone yet), make a single attack at their highest base attack bonus on the now-prone foe. This attack automatically threatens a critical.

Edit: Also, maybe somthing that lets the partners occupy the same 5-ft square (Great for narrow tunnel fighting).
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-04-30 at 07:20 PM.
    [/Center]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Love the class. AoO passing seems like a good idea provided it's balanced. I really like the double charge idea two. Great class and I hope to see the finished product. *Slyly retreats without saying anything useful*
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

Wonderful Faithatar by smuchmuch

My meager homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Chivalry (n): A willingness to find excuses to beat people up.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I really like the two units in the same square idea. It makes sense, because the 5 foot square system is assuming you need some space to fight, and they could weave around one another without trouble. For one thing, I think when they share a square they can't be flanked.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    What [Synchronized Strike] really is is partner A attacking an opponent, Partner B, who is familiar enough to recognize when and how A is going to attack, is ready to take advantage of that opponent's distraction.
    Again, I don't see why that would mean they fight twice as fast. It should mean that they have a bonus on their attack.

Come to think of it, the same goes for normal attacks of opportunity. Why aren't they just bonuses if you attack that round?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DanielLC View Post
    Again, I don't see why that would mean they fight twice as fast. It should mean that they have a bonus on their attack.

Come to think of it, the same goes for normal attacks of opportunity. Why aren't they just bonuses if you attack that round?
    An AoO is reacting to a slight opening in the opponent's defense, which is why normal characters can only get off one in a round, as you'd have to be fast. I don't know if you fence but it's similar to a remese in my opinion. You see and opening and take it, you don't think. Which you'd expect would make them have some sort of penalty but i suppose it would get a little complicated.
    To know that just one life has breathed easier because you have lived, that is to have succeeded.

My meager homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Okay, so abilities I'm adding.
    Back to Back: At 3rd Level, two swordsmen learn to coordinate their movements such that they can operate in close quarters without getting in each other's way. Partners can occupy the same five-foot square, and are immune to flanking when they are doing so. In addition, if one partner fights defensively, or takes a Full Defense action, both partners receive the AC bonus.
    Set-Up: At 4th level a pair of Swordsmen learn to, even as they attack, set up their partner for a second attack. Being struck in melee combat by one partner provokes an attack of opportunity from the other once per round. This ability is not triggered by Attacks of Opportunity.

Retaliatory Defense: At 5th level a synchronized swordsman is able to defend against attacks in such a way as to make an opening for their partner. Attacking one partner in melee provokes an attack of opportunity from the other.
    Avenge the Fallen
    : At 7th level, the bond between the partners as grown so strong, that killing one only enrages and strengthens the other. If one partner dies, the other Rages as a barbarian of level equal to their character level.
    And this next one may be overpowered
    Twinned Blades: At tenth level the partners have reached a level of synchronization that makes them nigh-unstoppable in close-quarters. When they are occupying the same five-foot space, or if they are flanking the same foe, the partners may make a special full-attack action once per encounter. In this action, they both make full-attacks, alternating individual strikes ( fPartner A Attacks at his full AB, then Partner B attacks at His full AB, then partner A does his second attack, ect ect). If any attack deals at least two damage to a foe, then subsequent attacks to the same foe receive a +2 bonus to attack and damage. These bonuses stack for every attack that deals at least damage. (So, if Partner A's attack hits, then partner B's attack receives a +2 bonus. If that hits as well, Partner A's second attack receives a +4 bonus). They can only perform this
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Looks great, can't wait to see the final product. As far as the capstone, it doesn'tt look that overpowered to me at all. You need to finish the last line though.

My meager homebrew

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I dunno, might be a little overpowered. I want to see the re-compiled class first, look over it. I love this concept still, so awesome.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Updated the OP with the Changes. I don't know about "You wait, I'll go" and "We'll both go". Their good abilities that are very useful, but I feel like they should show up earlier.
    [/Center]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

I think We'll Both Go should just be something they get extremely early, and just skip You Wait, I'll go. It's handy, pretty straightforward, and not particularly unbalancing.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Icewalker View Post
    I think We'll Both Go should just be something they get extremely early, and just skip You Wait, I'll go. It's handy, pretty straightforward, and not particularly unbalancing.
    Done. Moved Improved Aid (which seems pretty basic for the class) to 1st level, and put it in at second level as Synchronized Action.

After I get this to peoples satisfaction, I'm thinking of doing similar classes for Casters and Rogues. (Perhaps Dual Arcanists, and Dualists (Pun intended) or something)
    [/Center]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Looks good...I'd say it's quite balanced, but I'm not the best judge of such things.

Might want to drop skills to 4+int, odd numbers generally aren't used.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground

omg thats amazing
    My Homebrew Signiture.

Thank you Serpentine for my amazing avatar!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, Get up seems kind of useless -- by the time you get it, the chance of surviving an attack at 0 to -9 HP is going to be fairly low. In general, abilities based around that are just not very good, because it doesn't come up often enough to be worth it (and, what, at most it is an action to give a tiny number of temporary HP? Not very good even when it happens. The fact that you can only use it when you desperately need -- and not, say, before you're about to die-- is a flaw, not an advantage.)

Unless you mean for it to have the ability to bring back the dead, but that seems unlikely. (Although really, perhaps some form of an ability similar to Psionic Revivify once per day would be good.)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Hey, Get up seems kind of useless -- by the time you get it, the chance of surviving an attack at 0 to -9 HP is going to be fairly low. In general, abilities based around that are just not very good, because it doesn't come up often enough to be worth it (and, what, at most it is an action to give a tiny number of temporary HP? Not very good even when it happens. The fact that you can only use it when you desperately need -- and not, say, before you're about to die-- is a flaw, not an advantage.)

Unless you mean for it to have the ability to bring back the dead, but that seems unlikely. (Although really, perhaps some form of an ability similar to Psionic Revivify once per day would be good.)
    It's mainly there for flavor, though I may replace it with somthing more like Diehard, if the partners are within 50ft of each other.
    [/Center]