New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Quicklings

1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Quicklings

Hey. i'm wondering if anyone can tell me te exact rules for a quickling for 3.5ed? cos i'm about to staring playing in a campign and i wanna be a quickling but i cannot find any rules for them... so if some one had the rules or knew i site or something where icould get the from that would be great...

Thanks heaps.
    The chickens main goal is to take over the world and destroy the human race. Poor Chickens. If only they had shot guns.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Quicklings

What's a quickling?
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Do you mean gibberlings?
    My world
    Spoiler
    Show
    I give you a shame less rip off.... but it is my world of Mythra
    my First Campaign
    Spoiler
    Show
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    (mine started with them in a Dwarven jail)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

^^ No no. Quicklings are quicklings. They are a type of evil fey that have been around since 1e. I had trouble finding updated rules for them though. The best thing I could find was this. However, it is 3.0, so I guess it's not what you're looking for. I'll keep looking

[Edit] Done a bit more searching, and from what I can find, quicklings haven't existed in any official books since 2e. Seems like you'll have to homebrew them.
    Last edited by Ceres; 2007-06-17 at 02:15 PM.
    OotSP :D
    Spoiler
    Show

My creations:
    Custom initiative system (shots)
    The Nameless [MitpII]
    D20 "total conversion" (will probably never be finished :P)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Good thing you're in the homebrew forum already!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Lizardfolk

what 2nd edition book were they in?
    Last edited by Tracersmith; 2007-06-17 at 09:02 PM.
    My world
    Spoiler
    Show
    I give you a shame less rip off.... but it is my world of Mythra
    my First Campaign
    Spoiler
    Show
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    (mine started with them in a Dwarven jail)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

The only thing I know about 1st edition is something my dad told me, namely that weight was done in gp's.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    The only thing I know about 1st edition is something my dad told me, namely that weight was done in gp's.
    Indeed. And you also gained as much xp from an adventure as the combined gp value of the treasure you found. Ahh, those were the days
    OotSP :D
    Spoiler
    Show

My creations:
    Custom initiative system (shots)
    The Nameless [MitpII]
    D20 "total conversion" (will probably never be finished :P)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

...and a Gold Coin weighed something obsecene, something like 10 or 20 to the pound. There was once an article in Footprints supporting the 1:10 ratio, but the guy was simply wrong. Real World Ancient and Medieval Gold Coins weighed in at around 4.5g (1/100 of a pound) with the largest later Gold Coins being around 9g (the weight of an (A)D&D 3.x Greyhawk Coin).

Needless to say, my (A)D&D coinage didn't weigh that much...
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quicklings were small creatures, usually no more than 3 feet in height, and were exceptionally rude/mean to anyone that could stand to listen to them. They LOVE to play pranks (often hurtful ones) and makes sure that anyone that can understand them knows how inferior they are to the quickling race.

-4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, -2 Charisma.

Even though they are Small Creatures, they have a base land speed of 40 feet, due to being..well...quicklings.

They speak Sylvan and Elven..but due to being quicklings, they speak so insanely fast that it's hard to keep track of what is being said. They don't pause between sentances, etc.

Get the Run feat for free, can also run indefinately, having no need to make a Constitutution check for fatigue.

1/Day: Dancing Lights, Daze, Expeditious Retreat (Swift Action). Caster level = to Character Level.

Prefered Class: Rogue.

Level Adjustment +0

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
    [Edit] Done a bit more searching, and from what I can find, quicklings haven't existed in any official books since 2e. Seems like you'll have to homebrew them.
    By quicklings haven't existed officially, do you mean as a player race or just as monsters? Since they were in the first 4e Monster Manual, I would think they'd have a 3.5e incarnation somewhere, since they wouldn't shove obscure stuff into the first monster manual of an edition, right?
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

Last edited by sigurd; 2009-06-15 at 09:09 PM.
    Logo by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

You can find another take on Quicklings if you have access to Arcana Unearthed or Arcana Evolved from Malhavoc Press. Sure, it's its own incarnation of d20 but you could probably modify it to whatever game you wanted to run w/ little difficulty, I'd imagine.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Most of the "missing" monsters from 2e and earlier were converted to 3e in Necromancer Games Tome of Horrors. Since the entire book is OGL, there wasn't any point to WotC making their own version, although they occassionally did. The quickling stats are here too. Also, the book was revised for 3.5 but only came out as a pdf. It's one of my favorite monster books and it even has the template for Dire creatures.

How hung up are you on the "official" version of monsters? I know Pathfinder has been relying heavily on the Tome of Horror monsters.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread