New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 40 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default East Coast Guardians (IC) Issue #3

In the last issue:
    The Guardians are a national team of superheroes, devoted to stopping crimes and protecting the American people. Feeling they haven't done enough, a new team is forming in The Big City to protect the East Coast of America. Vulcan, a member of the original group, has been given the responsibility to get the new team into shape. But with a low turnout and low morale, he has a lot of work ahead of him.

After the fights with Dog-Walker and Angel of Mercy, half the new team is in the hospital. Seeing no other alternatives, Vulcan and Ms. Stills have decided to call in their second choices.

April 22, 2009 - Noon

You are meeting at a restaurant with some unpronounceable French or Japanese name, you can't really tell either way. The restaurant is empty of customers, save for the table you are at. The entire restaurant has been rented out, probably costing quite a bit to do so. At the head of the table is Ms. Stills, a young woman in a sensible business outfit; On her left is a young man in a black suit, with a fairly stern face; And on her right, the seat is empty.

While they're dressed properly for the restaurant, the other guests are not. Several costumed heroes are at this table, enticed by the free food and the possibility of moving out of the D-list.

A older gentleman, in his fifties at least, enters the restaurant with cane in hand. He heads to his seat next to Ms. Stills, whistling as he does so.
    "Hi Everybody!" he shouts.
    "Hi Dr. Frank!" shout the two in the suits.

"So, I guess you all know why you're here, right?"
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2009-07-23 at 10:55 AM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: East Coast Guardians (IC) Issue #3

Green hound

" Heard rumours, gonna take a guess. You're searching people to fill in while your team recover."
    the green hound looks around him at the collection of superheroes around him
    Lieutenant Ferret, Gravatar ... good god, is that The Caped Lemming ?! the man is a total ...
    Then he looks at himself, making no illusion about his own capabilities.
    "So ,with all due respect, what could make you so desperate as to start looking into the bargain bin ?"
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-04-30 at 04:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

One second be back in a blur.
    There is a streak of black that moves out of the restaurant and returns in an instant. When the blur fades Alex is seated in a domino mask and suit.
    To join the new guardians team. Presumably...
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

"Are you suggesting that you yourself belong in it? Besides, the one guy we really want is off painting eyeballs." Frank seems familiar to you, but you can't place him precisely.

"And Mr. Tanzarian, I knew the last man in that costume. You can't possibly be worse, but you are much ruder."

OOC:
    The only heroes there are the ones playing. Don't state their names directly.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

"Eh, I'm not bad at what I do, but compared to what I heard about somme of the guardians... Well I KNOW I'm second rate."
    He pause a bit and raise an eyebrow (not that anyone can see it under that helmet he wears)
    "Painting eyeballs...? "
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-04-30 at 04:31 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Jake Wollok, better known as Impact, sits uncomfortably in his seat. He'd gotten off work only about twenty minutes ago, and was still in his flannel shirt and jeans. [COLOR="Navy"]"You asked us here because you need more people to join your team, and having so many hospitalized on their first time out didn't help much."
    Last edited by The_Reaper; 2009-04-30 at 04:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

"Painting eyeballs...? "

"The man makes creepy paintings, what else can I say?"

"You asked us here because you need more people to join your team, and having so many hospitalized on their first time out didn't help much."

"Use your inside voice, please. So it seems you all know why you were invited. We know exactly what your powers and abilities are. The problem we have on the team is that the current members don't work well together. We're hoping that it's not true for you guys and gals."
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2009-04-30 at 04:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Rude? I apologize if I was offensive or presumptuous. Just thought I should dress right for a job interveiw. And hey for the record... He jerks his thumbs back at his chest.
    Team player.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Inside voice? What is this, kidnergarden?" He does speak a little softer though. "So, what's your deal anyway? Is there some special reason you keep having to lower your standards?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Looking at The Black blurr
    Showoff
    Turning back to the doctor.
    " I've mostly worked solo in my ... officious capabilties. I'm willing to do my best, here, but it might require a small time of adaptation"
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-04-30 at 05:23 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

"Is there some special reason you keep having to lower your standards?"

"Well, I honestly don't know. Linda?"

Ms. Stills speaks, she sounds rather bored. "There is something big going on. That's all you need to know."

"Well said."

" I've mostly worked solo in my ... officious capabilties. I'm willing to do my best, here, but it might require a small time of adaptation"

"We don't expect you to try, but you should all try to try."

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

12. - Top - End - #12

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"Something big, you obviously want us to help, but at the same time you're keeping us in the dark about it? Okay..."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

"Sir, I'm used to work on a Need to Know basiss.
    He mimics a small ironic gest of military salute
    "But, just for the reccords I'd like to add that in my experience what you don't know about tend to stab you in the back later. The more we know the more we can prepare, the more efficient we'll be .""
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-04-30 at 05:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

A large, hefty young woman, dressed in an orange bodysuit and mask, sits nearby. She's already put away a great deal of food, but as the meeting starts she listens intently.

"I resent being called 'bargain bin'." she says. "I'm just new to the scene, that's all. I'd be more than happy to work with a team starting out. I'm probably gonna need someone to show me the ropes anyway. The Prof's a smart guy, but he's all science and not much practical know-how."
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

"Eh, didn't meant any ofense..."
    He turns to the girl in orange
    "You're gravatar right ? "
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-04-30 at 06:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

She smiles.

"In person! I'm surprised you've heard of me, really. My only real claim to fame are a few fights with The Plastic Surgeon."
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

"Green Hound. Gathering info is pretty much what I do. Didn't heard about this "Plastic Surgeon" guy, though. A new villain ?"
    He shake his head sadly
    "They really are growing more and more uninspired by the minute. What next ? The plant Waterer ? The Garbage disposer ?"
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-04-30 at 06:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, he got his powers in the same accident that gave me mine. He freaked out when his face got burned by the accident, and now uses his power to shapeshift people to make them ugly. Getting revenge on the "beautiful people" he calls it. He can't really hurt my self-esteem like he does his normal victims, so he just gives me a stick-thin supermodel body to weaken my powers. Real piece of work."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Looking over at gravatar Alex is a bit taken aback.
    So you fight a Plastic Surgeon who tries to make you thin? Huh, How... empowering.
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2009-04-30 at 06:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"Eh, I guess so. I didn't pick his lame gimmick. And before you even think it, I'm not some fat acceptance advocate. Under this flab is solid muscle. I only maintain this physique because the heavier I get, the stronger my powers are. I try to build both muscle and fat equally to keep my powers at peak form. You wouldn't believe how many "fat women's rights" activists get on my case and ask me to endorse them. They don't have superpowers that depend on weight, they just live an unhealthy lifestyle. I don't like putting up with that "empowerment" bull. Yeah, I'm empowered, but I don't wanna be some figurehead for a bunch of whiners who claim to want empowerment but all they want is some freakin' attention!"

She pauses, and then rolls her eyes.

"Sorry, I get a little touchy on that whole "empowerment" thing. Makes me seem one-dimensional."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Actually that's a lot more reassuring then if you had gone of on a "I y'am what I y'am speech.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Shaking his shoulder , trying not to laff.
    "He H He.. Don't worry anyway. Believe me . Nobody, and I really mean the Nobody, in this community is entitled to pass psychological jugement on you. Those that aren't frothing at the mouth are usualy pretty neurotic or completly self absorbed."
    Glance sideway at the Black blurr (although it's visible due the the helmet)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-04-30 at 06:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

"Muscle is denser than fat. If you worked out a bit more, you'd be stronger still then."
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2009-04-30 at 06:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Alex raises his hand.
    Teacher, can I call both self absorbed and team player? I'm working on my college transcript and I need the extra extracurriculars.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UglyPanda View Post
    "Muscle is denser than fat. If you worked out a bit more, you'd be stronger still then."
    "I know that. That's why I work out every day. Just because I bulk up on calories is no excuse not to build my normal strength too."

26. - Top - End - #26

DwarfBarbarianGuy

When Gravitar finishes her rant, Impact gives her a thumbs up and says in a dry tone, "You go girl."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"Not impressed, huh? You know, I've read about you, Impact. They call you the ultimate average joe superhero."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh great. We've got a media sweetheart in our midst. At least that will give someone to deal with the leeches".
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2009-04-30 at 07:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Impact opens his mouth to retort, but pauses to think. "Actually, you're right. How on earth do I make lifting hundreds of tons look unremarkable?" He looks genuinely confused.