New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Default Misty, and rules about corpses.

Alright. if this has been discussed already, someone tell me, then we can kill this thread quickly.

Now, Back when Misty, the Lookamancer croaked, and Parson buried her, it was written in the Klog "Any corpses the arent moved or uncroaked disappear at the start of the next turn. Like cleaning."

Now at first I thought that happened unilaterally. As in, sun comes up, birds chirp, all the bodies from all sides disappear, like in Goldeneye 64, and then the first side gets its first turn.

But the last couple comics, with Wanda running about with the Pliers, instructed me otherwise. So then I thought, ok, each side has some corpses lying around. At the start of Jetstones turn, jetstone corpses disappear, and so on. This allows Wanda to go around uncroaking, Decrypting rather, enemy troops on turn 2.

But certainly by the value of Parsons Klog entry, at least the GK corpses should have vanished before Wanda could start tinkering.

But in the latest, we see a Gobwin in the corner. The only survivng GK troops were some uncroaked and 2 Rock Golems.

So, ah. When do corpses actually go away?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Misty, and rules about corpses.

Corpses disappear as the plot demands.

At the moment we have a Necromatic character who is in need of materials. The plot provides.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

I wonder if an uncroaked unit can be turned into a decrypted unit. For that matter, I wonder if she can do something similar to a living unit (i.e. turn it into a unit that requires no upkeep, or turn it to their side. Considering the units she's raising/decrypting, you'd think some of them would go back to their own camps if they had free will rather than just join Gobwin Knob.

Also, I'm guessing that if one of your units is killed on your turn, you have to raise it before your turn (either before your current turn ends, or during an enemy force's turn if your units are in the same hex). If its killed on an enemy turn, it probably vanishes at the start of the enemy force's next turn, etc.

The other thing to note is that you need enough ramains to perform it. I thought they'd have a completely unstoppable army considering what was killed in the last turn, but I guess a lot of the units would have been completely obliterated by the volcano just as Bogrol was burnt to nearly nothing by the aliance and subsequent lava flow.

I was curious about Misty as well, but unless some really strange stuff took place, she would have disappeared when Gobwin Knob's turn started again and Parson had all the tunnel troops uncroaked. But the other question is can it decrypt a caster?
    Always spread Vegimite behind your ears to prevent attack by drop bears.
    SHADOWGIRLS FLIPSIDE

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Charles already said it; corpses disappear at the turn of their death + 1. This gives every side a chance to uncroak any units, whether friend or foe. If you didn't have this, croakamancy would be broken from a lack of time to uncroak units.

The gobwins died on RCC's turn, thus their corpses will disappear on the start of RCC's turn - one full turn from when they died.
    Last edited by Pointyleaf; 2009-05-08 at 12:41 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm not sure the authors have quite managed to be consistent about this. Perhaps their ideas have evolved as the story has progressed.
    Alternatively, maybe corpses vanish one day after dying or being moved, whichever came last?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Alternatively, maybe corpses vanish one day after dying or being moved, whichever came last?
    Then just move all the corpses indefinitely. That ought to preserve them.

IMHO, Jetstone/Coalition is no longer in the region, no longer gets a "turn" in relation to Gobwin Knob, and does not disintegrate their corpses.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gloverboy View Post
    Now, Back when Misty, the Lookamancer croaked, and Parson buried her, it was written in the Klog "Any corpses the arent moved or uncroaked disappear at the start of the next turn. Like cleaning."
    That rule has the assumption that your people die on your turn, and vanish on your next turn.

We haven't had the start of the "next" turn yet. Everyone died on *Jetstone's* turn, not Parson's. Jetstone hasn't had their "next" turn yet.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pointyleaf View Post
    Charles already said it; corpses disappear at the turn of their death + 1. This gives every side a chance to uncroak any units, whether friend or foe. If you didn't have this, croakamancy would be broken from a lack of time to uncroak units.

The gobwins died on RCC's turn, thus their corpses will disappear on the start of RCC's turn - one full turn from when they died.

Correct.ni