New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground
    Default [House] Natural Spell

Well I read a post about CoDzilla, in the "Gaming (d20 and general RPG)" forum just after re-reading the epic handbook, and it seems to me that one of the biggest things making druids over powered is natural spell, and the automatic metamagic spells in the epic rules inspired me to create this.

Natural Spell [General]
    Prerequisites
    Wis 13, wild shape ability.
    Benefit
    You can complete the verbal and somatic components of all 0-, 1st-, 2nd-, and 3rd-level spells while in a wild shape. You substitute various noises and gestures for the normal verbal and somatic components of a spell.
    You can also use any material components or focuses you possess, even if such items are melded within your current form. This feat does not permit the use of magic items while you are in a form that could not ordinarily use them, and you do not gain the ability to speak while in a wild shape.
    Special
    You can gain this feat multiple times. Each time you take the feat, the spells of your next three lowest spell levels can now be cast while in a wilds shape.

Thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [House] Natural Spell

Well... It adds to the costs of taking natural spell, which is good. But, it still doesn't address the real problem that is natural spell. Which is having a druid shapeshifting into a legendary dire animal with some 40 strength and constitution and then casting Storm of Vengence.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illathid
    Well... It adds to the costs of taking natural spell, which is good. But, it still doesn't address the real problem that is natural spell. Which is having a druid shapeshifting into a legendary dire animal with some 40 strength and constitution and then casting Storm of Vengence.
    Maybe a metamagic feat with a +1 or +2 level increase would work for you?
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

I agree with the first reply. It doesn't really address the problem.

I always equate Natural Spell to Still Spell. They are both feats that allow you to take advantage of two abilities at once (spellcasting and armor/wildshaping); thus, they both have a +1 modifier to spell level.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Perhaps make this epic then make one with a +1 adjustment?