New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Tales of Kyou II: The Darkness (Game Thread)

*joins in the undead dance*
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2009-06-10 at 11:50 PM.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Recaiden

Really. He needs to die.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Orc in the Playground

Recaiden. Need we ask why?

(join the rhyming game!)
    I reserved the right to be wrong. I just try not to exercise it.

Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

Reaciden.

(join the rhyming game!)
    Never!

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by RedScholarGypsy View Post
    Recaiden. Need we ask why?

(join the rhyming game!)
    If we kill him, do we get apple pie?

6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Recaiden, just to finish this, hopefully.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #698
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now seems like an opportune time.

Hello, Villagers of Kyou! I'm Yuki-Joro!

Your lynch of Recaiden is going to earn you a beast action today. As will your lynch of me tomorrow. Unless, of course, you decide to lynch me today to save more of your villagers. Choices choices.

In any case, I come bearing more news than that, oh yes! JX has sold you out from day one. The man who claims to be on your team and just hunting wolves knows that his win condition is close, so he could give a good damn less about if you guys live or die, and as usual, I have PMs to prove said feelings.

Here's his original plan to get Murska lynched and FC pole'd.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by Jontom Xire
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Murska
    Hey, since I kinda don't want myself(the role) to die just yet, if you'd be willing to bane FC for at least one night before baning yourself for the rest of the game?

It'd have the added benefit of pretty much stopping anyone from lynching you, which probably wouldn't happen anyway but still, and you'd be un-nightkillable afterwards, so it'd be rather safe. I don't think the wolves would attack you tonight, either.
    Just thought you would like to know.

How about (unless things change) you kill Cassie tonight and then fail to kill FC the next night (because I'll be baning him).

After Cassie gets killed I can publically post Murska's PM and maybe get him lynched.

I'll then announce that I'm not going to bane FC any more, and then when it turns out that I did bane him I can claim a major ploy on my part. I bet EVERYONE would buy it.

After that you can night kill FC and then I can claim I was protecting myself because I was sure you would attack me and I just guessed wrong. Or I can claim to have been baning someone else on Team Good. You lose one night kill and stand to get some good info from me once Team good start giving me people to bane.

Here's where JX leaked who Cessie was to us.

Kyohuen: Well, that was a nice kill wasn't it? Now they can't prove who Jontom's baning. On that topic Jontom claims that FC told him Festy is Cessie. He doesn't believe it himself, but do with it what you will. My scry turned up DarkComet as being a standard villager.

Short, so need for a spoiler for that one.

Here's the final betrayal of Murska

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by Jontom Xire
    Quote:
    You know the wolves then?
    Don't you? Kyouhen? Maybe?

Quote:
    Anyway, that was a possibility but I didn't count on it, it was just something of a bonus. I should try to draw the flak off Aegnor, see, if possible.

You have more experience than me, what'd be the best way to get the wolves to think I'm Cessie?
    Umm, well I could approach them (Kyouhen) and tell him I'm hacked off with Fleeing Coward and want to help them. Then subsequently I could tell them that you contacted me as Cessie and asked me to bane you.

It may not work though because I do get a bonus victory if Cessie is alive at the end.

I can't believe FC was stupid enough to believe I would side with the wolves when Cessie is their biggest danger and I want her alive. Duh! He is such a dunce!

So there it is folks. JX played you like a record the whole way. I dunno about you all, but he turned this from a crushing defeat for the wolves into... well... this. A lot closer. I'd be pretty angry if I were you. Also, before the inevitable "But I'm on your side now!", let me suggest that perhaps that's only because he ran out of wolves he was in contact with. Strangely his plans with us stopped right after Kyohuen died.

I'll let you guys decide what to do with that today. As for my point, I'll point at Mustiado

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    CatMuffin Wolfwood courtesy of Onasuma.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #699
    Troll in the Playground

Doesn't matter. Kill Recaiden now, and we'll see what happens. If we go after Mustiado again, then Recaiden will protect himself again.

There is a chance that Mustiado is being controlled by Amanojaku. Though, it doesn't say that he can force his victim to give long-winded speeches.

The point is, it's now or never folks.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Firbolg in the Playground

Right, kill Mustiado now.

Also, away notice.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #701
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm a little confused by Mustiado's post. He says "Here's where JX leaked who Cessie was to us". Ummm, where? Where in that post is there a single player name other than Murska (who as we know was not Cessie)?

Next he says "Here's the final betrayal of Murska". Umm, where? All I see is a PM where Murska is asking me to contact the wolves to tell them that he is Cessie and I'm proposing a plan of action and describing possible flaws with the plan. Murska approached me saying he wanted to be night killed by the wolves. I said I didn't know who they were (because I hadn't read the thread at that point) and he told me that Kyouhen had come out as a wolf. I went ahead with Murska's plan as he asked, and lo and behold it worked - the wolves night killed him.

My next point, not so much of confusion goes as follows. If I had, and I quote, "sold you out from day one", then why was I not in contact with the wolves since Kyouhen died? Why? I now believe that my follow up ploy from Murska's plan failed, the wolves did not contact me, because Mustiado suspected that actually it was just that. A ploy. That I was really only pretending to be helping the wolves, that actually I was just waiting to betray them.

===

I voided Mustiado last night action, so we're quite safe killing Recaiden who is probably Allyria. Once Allyria is dead we can lynch Mustiado. If you don't believe me, don't believe I'm helping you, then here's how we can test. Let's lynch Recaiden and if Mustiado's night action kicks in then we all know I'm lying.

Secondly, I know all the remaining masons plus the two people I scried as villagers, and none of them have died since I was given their names. Why not? Because I didn't give them away. not in thread and not by PM. Instead the wolves have been killing villagers. Not even the ones I scried. They're blind. They haven't got a clue any more.

So why is Mustiado trying to get me in trouble now? Because when we lynch Recaiden, aka Allyria, I fulfill my win condition. And secondly to try and win the game for the wolves. See it works like this. If we lynch Recaiden now Allyria is dead. There will be two wolves left and 8 villagers and me. The following morning there will be two wolves, 7 villagers and me. With a network of 4 masons and scried villagers combined, and Mustiado nearly guaranteed as the following day lynch, that leaves 3 suspects to find 1 wolf. Plus me using various night abilities such as scries. If the wolves waste a night kill on me (which doesn't help their win condition and may end up wasting a night kill if I'm baning myself) then it actually helps the villagers even more.

However, if we DON'T lynch Recaiden and lynch, say, me instead (worst case for villagers) then we end up with three wolves and 8 villagers. Tomorrow morning there will be 3 wolves and 7 villagers. If you lynch Mustiado (because Recaiden will be protecting himself) then there will be 2 wolves and 6 villagers and the following morning there will be 5 villagers and 2 wolves. Then you spend two days to lynch Recaiden at the end of which there will be 1 wolf and 3 villagers. At which point, depending on how lucky the wolves get killing masons, it will be an open game. Anyone might win.

So to sum up, believe me or don't believe me. I don't care and neither should you. Look instead to the numbers. I've made mistakes this game. Haven't lots of us made mistakes? But the sole and only reason that Mustiado posted what he did is because if we don't lynch Recaiden today it makes a huge difference to who wins and who loses. If you don't believe me go run the numbers yourself. Work out what happens next if you lynch me or Mustiado instead. This is a last ditch attempt to save Recaiden one last time. So you can lynch me as revenge for a supposed betrayal or you can lynch Recaiden and make victory that much more sure.

Oh and another reason to believe me? Another reason why Mustiado tried so hard to get you to lynch me? Because you can guarantee I am on your side:

1) I want Allyria dead as a victory condition.
    2) I want to survive until the end of the game and night baning while not getting lynched is number one best way to do that.
    3) I want to survive until the end of the game and having the game end as soon as possible, is number two best way to do that. The quickest way to end the game is to lynch 3 wolves rather than wait for 7 or 8 night kills.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Barbarian in the Playground

We aren't lynching JX for at least two days. First Recaiden, then Mustiado. If enough people are still suspicious by then we can lynch JX. If he is telling the truth and noone gets surprise beast action'd, then I don't think we should lynch him. Otherwise we'll dig through his three suspects.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #703
    Pixie in the Playground

Recaiden...

This day is weird...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

14. - Top - End - #704
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yay! Just what I was hoping for, the angry wall of text!

I know I'm getting lynched, JX, and so is Recaiden probably. I just wanted to inform the villagers that, contrary to what you say, you did turn over Cessie's name to us (Uncle Festy, for those who claim they don't see a name there), and I had the wrong name. It was FC you sold out, not Murska. Though I can't imagine calling people dunces makes many friends.

I just wanted the village to think about the fact that with the way the game was broken rather early on, and with the wolves found so early, we never should have gotten to this point, but for your brilliant plan of not protecting FC from night kills, giving us valuable information like the name of Cessie so you could stand apart from Team Good, etc. I just want you to get recognition!

Think about it village. He may be on your side now, but that's certainly no guarantee it'll stay that way. It should have never come to this.

Writer of the winning scene for Rebellion IV - Thanks guys! Zeus Trophy courtesy of Phase. Who rocks.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #705
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

It was FC you sold out, not Murska. Though I can't imagine calling people dunces makes many friends.
    To be honest I believe this and I don't give a damn. Who cares? Both of them were wildly attempting to kill each other anyways (or at least FC was really trying hard to kill JX). It WAS in JX's favor (at the time) to kill FC and FC had no real reason to go after JX. I dunno why he did though.

Oh, and yes kill Recaiden

16. - Top - End - #706
    Orc in the Playground

Well, no sense in changing plans. let's kill recaiden, then mustadio, then decide from there. JX isn't necessary for the actual win condition, but we do it democratically and let those who want to screw JX vote for it in a few game days. When we have a safe lead and don't worry about wolves.
    I reserved the right to be wrong. I just try not to exercise it.

Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #707

There was a large thunder in the distance as the broken villagers gathered once again to decide what to do with Recaiden. He appeared to be protected by the same girl that had protected Kyouhen.
    They could not understand what was going on exactly, the murders; the kami… why was all this happening?

They had somehow managed to find Recaiden again. He had tried to escape Kyou but had been caught by the guards. But no one dared hurt him as they still remember what had happened last time.

“What are we going to do with him?” One of them finally asked glimpsing back at Recaiden that was sulking in the corner of the room, watched by two guards.

“Not the slightest idea, I say we just keep him here, and then he can’t hurt us right?” A loud creak made everyone inside the house to pay attention to the door that suddenly flew open.

“Allow me” said a cloaked figure standing in the doorway, “I know how to deal with this girl.”

The ones closest to the door backed away, nervously looking at each other, “By the kami, who are you to come here and make demands? Show yourself and w-“

The others looked at the suddenly quiet speaker that suddenly collapsed on the floor. “Don’t worry I think he is still alive, just out of breath.”

Recaiden whimpered in his corner, as one of the guards looked at him again he could see that he was no longer there. In his place was a young blond girl, she continued to whimper as the cloaked person came closer, none of the villagers dared to stop him.

The guards having no idea what was going on found themselves backing away from him as he came closer, he stopped right in front of whimpering girl.
    “So here you are… commander of the spirits, whimpering.”

“Please, don- don’t hurt me, I didn’t know…”

She cloaked figure shrugged “Dose it look like I care?”

There was suddenly a tension in the air and the girl let her mouth open as to scream, but no sounds were made. Her eyes slowly filled with tears, then with blood, then the very soul – the whole wrung inside out, dripping down into a black puddle on the floor.

There were screams, but not from the girl but the ones that had watched her die. The cloaked figure paid them no heed and gently walked outside again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arik stepped out outside again, the day was nearly over but he had done what was needed here, he had gained all the powers he needed to bring her back and make it all better again, even better than before.

Following him was the soul of two servants of different gods, a dead god and finally a spirit speaker. He turned to Allyria smiling, “Did you think that was all I was going to do with you? You will never stop paying for even being involved in her death as will everyone else. You will be my little puppet. Now puppet, make the spirits dace for me…”

“Yes… master…” Allyria the puppet said and then did her masters will.

Spoiler
    Show
    Recaiden was lynched, he was Allyria (Day baner). Arik have now gained her power and thus completed his victory condition. Now he only need to survive to the end of the game.

Night starts and ends in 24 hours

18. - Top - End - #708

About time you guys got rid of him
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

19. - Top - End - #709

This was hilarious.
    Thank you for a great game, Shadowcaller.

Is it said that this is the best I've done as a wolf?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #710

*High-fives Recaiden*
    Nice work. Never do that again. *twitches*
    Now Mustiado.

Show

21. - Top - End - #711

"No mockeries now for them; no prayers nor bells / Nor any voice of mourning save the choirs, -/ The shrill, demented choirs of wailing shells."

Spoiler
    Show
    No one was killed during the night.

Day starts and ends in 24 hours

22. - Top - End - #712

Mustiado. Die die die!

Show

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Mustiado, because I lost track of this game.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

24. - Top - End - #714

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "No mockeries now for them; no prayers nor bells / Nor any voice of mourning save the choirs, -/ The shrill, demented choirs of wailing shells."

Spoiler
    Show
    No one was killed during the night.

Day starts and ends in 24 hours
    Why? Why does this always happen?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #715

Karma?
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

26. - Top - End - #716

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Karma?
    I did nothing wrong. And I meant between games.
    No, I mean why are the other wolves so lazy/busy/forgetful? I sent in the kill all but 2 nights. (I think. I deleted the PMs when I died.)
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #717

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I did nothing wrong. And I meant between games.
    No, I mean why are the other wolves so lazy/busy/forgetful? I sent in the kill all but 2 nights. (I think. I deleted the PMs when I died.)
    Lady Luck's finally balancing the scales. The wolves have been unbelievably lucky this game considering their behaviour this game
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Mustiado

DEATH TO WOLVES!

29. - Top - End - #719
    Dwarf in the Playground

Because night ended very abruptly.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

Bye Mustiado.

And Night ended almost 28 hours after the Day post.

2:47 pm, Saturday to 6:17 pm, Sunday (my time).
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-06-15 at 12:22 AM.