New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GitP WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne group (thread II)

So, why is it so empty in here? Where is everyone?
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    So, why is it so empty in here? Where is everyone?
    I am so dissapointed by you I didn't come.

Edit: Don't read too deeply into that.
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2011-01-07 at 10:08 PM.
    trill in da playground

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe one of you can help:

When I started the game a few minutes ago, suddenly the black bars at the sides of my widescreen screen were gone and the image is stretched. It only seems to do that with Warcraft 3, other games still have the black bars. And when I last played the game, I still had them.
    Anyone an idea why it now stretches and how I get it back?

It's a Radeon HD 4650. I allready tried disabling and again enabling GPU scaling, but to no effect.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

4. - Top - End - #934
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry Yora, can't say I know of a solution.

---

I think Winterwind is gone until Monday (at least, that's what I was told), thus no reminder, thus:

Tomorrow's Sunday and thus the melee session. Hope to see you guys there.
    Last edited by The Orange Zergling; 2011-01-08 at 09:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Orc in the Playground

Check the in game resolution settings... thats all I can think of. Sorry for being absent the last couple of days, turns out being busy is a drag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    It's not depressing, it's the playground.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Turns out setting the refresh rate to 60 Hz did the trick.
    Modern monitors are weird.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

Why do so many people claim, they will, then not come to sessions? (Not specifically meaning you, Yora. )

Then again, apparently some people don't realize that this group exists. It is the best group though.
    trill in da playground

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for posting the reminder in my place, Bane!
    I kinda forgot to say I wouldn't be around, sorry for that.

As for what's with the dozens of people who express interest but then never come... hey, that's what I've been asking myself for years.
    My guess is that they initially hope they will have time soon (and keep not having it when the time of the session comes around again), and then they forget (which is pretty impressive, if you consider there are people who have been getting a reminder PM weekly from me for the last two years who have not once shown up for a session, but still never told me to not send them PMs anymore ).

EDIT (13th January): I almost forgot, reminder: Tomorrow is our next custom map session - I hope to see you all there.
    EDIT (15th January): And reminder again, tomorrow's our next melee session. Hope to see you all there, and really looking forward to it - it's been so long since I got to attend one of these sessions...
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

9. - Top - End - #939
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Just in case you don't remember me from January 14, I am in fact interested.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Alright - added you to the list. Once more, welcome, and may you have a comfortable stay.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey guys, battle net name is same as here, I guess I am interested in both custom and melee. How do we find the games when they are up?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

Hi, welcome aboard - I hope you like it here!

We meet on the Azeroth (USEast) server, in channel op GitP - if you come to the channel during session time (the sessions start at 4 PM EST, Friday and Sunday respectively, we always wait for a while before going into a game at the session's beginning in case more people show up) you should find us there. Otherwise, the gamename is usually always 'GitP' (GitP1, GitP2, etc., if for some reason we find we have to split up or GitP is unavailable (usually due to the game ending and somebody being absent from keyboard when it does for an extended period of time).

We have a channel bot that can tell you who is online, too - if you type ".fl", it should tell you who's around (if it doesn't happen to be offline at the time, which is rather rare).

Lastly, the first post of this thread contains a list of the names of all the members of the group (including their BNet names), so you can just try checking some of these names if you log on and nobody's around - me, The Orange Zergling, Legoshrimp, Anatharon, Bunny of Faith, The Fiery Tower, SirSigfried, u-gotNOgame, Nohwl and CynanMachae would be some of the people (in no particular order) who tend to be online the most frequently.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ettin in the Playground

Hi, welcome aboard - I hope you like it here!

We meet on the Azeroth (USEast) server, in channel op GitP - if you come to the channel during session time (the sessions start at 4 PM EST, Friday and Sunday respectively, we always wait for a while before going into a game at the session's beginning in case more people show up) you should find us there. Otherwise, the gamename is usually always 'GitP' (GitP1, GitP2, etc., if for some reason we find we have to split up or GitP is unavailable (usually due to the game ending and somebody being absent from keyboard when it does for an extended period of time).

We have a channel bot that can tell you who is online, too - if you type ".fl", it should tell you who's around (if it doesn't happen to be offline at the time, which is rather rare).

Lastly, the first post of this thread contains a list of the names of all the members of the group (including their BNet names), so you can just try checking some of these names if you log on and nobody's around - me, The Orange Zergling, Legoshrimp, Anatharon, Bunny of Faith, The Fiery Tower, SirSigfried, u-gotNOgame, Nohwl and CynanMachae would be some of the people (in no particular order) who tend to be online the most frequently.
    What custom maps are you using? Only the ones that have guides on the first page?

Also a little word of warning: I have not played this game in a while, so do not be surprised if I am horrible.
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-01-15 at 05:01 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    What custom maps are you using? Only the ones that have guides on the first page?
    Not even close to that.

Rabbits vs. Sheep, Castle Fight, Desert of Exile, MTG TD, Legion TD, occasionally DotA nowadays, too, Dark Deeds, Element TD, Mad Balls, Elimination Tournament, SWAT, Regicide, Obsidian Depths, The Black Road, Pyramid Escape, Uther Party (1&2), Pest Invasion, Battle Tanks... would be just a small selection of the more frequently played ones that came to my mind first.

Also, we're always happy to try out new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Also a little word of warning: I have not played this game in a while, so do not be surprised if I am horrible.
    Don't worry, that won't be a problem.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2011-01-15 at 05:02 PM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

15. - Top - End - #945
    Troll in the Playground

I resent that, and deny this list.

Most of us use Xfire or Skype, so there's that.

Realistically, aside from us, who actually comes? 742, as Nooblade stopped, LeperKhan stopped, and Tannish dissapeared.
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2011-01-16 at 08:10 PM.
    trill in da playground

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

It varies. Eve is almost always there, aye (though usually not at the beginning of sessions, which is why I didn't mention her), and other than that, it's the whole bunch of people who show up once in a while - Istari, Battleship789 and atomsized would be just three of the people aren't there more often than not, but show up at least once every few months.

In any case, reminder: Tomorrow is our next custom map session. I hope to see you all there!
    EDIT(22nd January): And tomorrow is our next melee session. Hope to see you all there!
    Incidentally, since we have a few people moderately new to melee - if you have any questions about build-orders, strategies and such, feel free to post them here, and I (and the others, too, I think) will try to answer them to the best of mine/our capabilities.
    EDIT(27th January): Custom session tomorrow. Hope to see you all there!
    EDIT (29th January): Melee session tomorrow. Hope to crush see you there!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

17. - Top - End - #947
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hey guys, I am currently computer-less, so i wont be able to get on for a while. Sorry. :(

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

Darn, just remembered the game. Sorry .

19. - Top - End - #949
    Troll in the Playground

I've discovered something awesome.

Something Awful's WC 3 clan, Clan TOWA.
    trill in da playground

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anatharon View Post

...why am I not surprised by them playing in precisely that way?

There are entire clans built around mass towers (fortunately, rather rare). Usually, their strategies involve harrassment heroes like Blade Masters, Wardens etc., and massing a huge number of batriders, mortars or similar units to raze an enemy base in one single quick strike.

I think it's good they are out there to keep people on their toes and stay vigilant and spontaneous in the face of cheese, but I'm glad they are as rare as they are. It would be sad if the game turned from "Who can micro the best while picking the best strategies and multitasking?" to a mere rock-paper-scissors as cheese meets counter-cheese.

EDIT (3rd February): Also, reminder, tomorrow is our next custom map session - hope to see you all there.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

21. - Top - End - #951
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

This is the funniest stuff I have read in a while.
    I hate towering usually but against such rotten sports such as these, they deserve it.
    Game IDs
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam ID: LibertarianSDR
    Classic Bnet: Libertarian_SDR

22. - Top - End - #952
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be disappearing for a little while.

In a day or two, potentially, rather.
    Last edited by Inhuman Bot; 2011-02-05 at 12:22 PM.
    trill in da playground

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be disappearing for a little while.
    Aww... well, have fun, then, whereever you may be going.

In a day or two, potentially, rather.
    Oh, in that case, we may yet see each other at the

(Reminder:) Melee session, tomorrow!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

24. - Top - End - #954

I may make it this time, as I recently found my install discs. Unfortunately, I've not played Melee WC3 in about 4 years.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, melee is like riding a bike - you don't forget how to do it. Though you can get totally out of shape.
    Alrighty, welcome to the group, then, and have a comfortable stay.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ettin in the Playground

Some events have come up and I doubt I will be able to attend today's event. I might, but it is not likely.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'm back online. Heck yes.

28. - Top - End - #958

So it turns out 4 o'clock is a bad time for me, sorry I wasn't there.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

Reminder: Tomorrow is our next custom map session. I hope to see you all there.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ettin in the Playground

I probably will not be able to attend any matches for at least a week.