New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: 1.01 Let the Adventuring begin!

Pavis seems to ignore the city guardsmen and calmly walks his way to the bulletin board. After inspecting the job offers he turns to face the newcomers.
    I have no quarry with you guardsman. But I have no intention of cooling my heels in your jail-pen while there's perfectly good boar out there, waiting to be hunted. Now out of my way, and let the wretch go while you're at it, there's food to be had, and the little one tends to be helpful in that goal.

diplomacy

(1d20+2)[17]

Or do you want to keep our good King Beefeater waiting for his meat?

intimidate

(1d20+2)[4]
    Pavis Genove, Lv 1 Man-At-Arms
    Wielding a black handled longsword, cheap riding lance, large crossbow, and wearing a light suit of chain-mail.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bryan sits down at his table and resumes scarfing down his mutton and ale. Never smart to get in trouble on an empty stomach, I always say, as the small snake slithers up his leg.

Snake's hide: 28
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2009-05-28 at 02:30 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Sergeant Slaughter
    The guards and Sergeant Slaughter are too busy looking over the people to notice Bryan's snake slither to its hiding spot.

Sergeant Slaughter takes another look around the room to make sure everything is more or less under control. He then tells his two subordinates in leather armor to help for a perimeter before someone tries to escape through a window or something. With that the two soldiers run out. Turning his attention back to the bar he says,

Alright, now that we've gotten everything settled down I am going to explain the situation to you all so there's no misunderstanding. You are all to be placed under arrest for inciting and participating in public violence. You, he points to Pavis, believe that Sir Warren is a thief. That maybe true, but that does not give you cause to assault him without alerting the proper authorities first. Rest assured we shall investigate and try to recover anything of yours that he may have stolen from you. But at the same time you will answer for your actions. If he is indeed guilty of thievery, your sentence will be reduced only to that of the rest of the people here. Now we are just going to wait until Captain Garcia arrives and can help me sort out this mess.

-----------
    Initiative Order

Pavis
    City Guard
    Lewyd
    Bryan
    Crowd
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-06-04 at 12:49 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd quickly pipes up.

Sentence? Um, if I'm not guilty of anything, I don't get a sentence, right?

Lewyd raises his metal sheet as a makeshift shield, almost expecting to be hit for speaking out of turn.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bryan applies a poison to his arrow while pretending to still be drinking he ale and munching on his mead.

Sleight of Hand 22

6. - Top - End - #36

Crowd

Most of the people stay still, but a two more spring up for a quick escape. They spring for two different windows. As each sticks his head into a window a sap hits him in the face causing him to stagger back. You hear voices from the outside say, [color='blue"]We have the perimeter secured.[/color]

-----------
    Out of game

At this point you can either delay action until Captain Garcia comes (a couple of minutes later) or you can remain in initiative if you want to do something before Captain Garcia arrives. If you delay action until his arrival, you will be restrained in the meantime with hand shackle, but no leg shackles.

-----------
    Initiative Order

Pavis
    City Guard
    Lewyd
    Bryan
    Crowd

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Delay Action

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Captain, I shall never again be the victim of laws that protect only the rich gentry and foppish liars of the merchant's guilds! Defend yourself!

straight up kill-a-mother****er charge attack vs captain
    (1d20+5)[9]

damage
    (4d6+4)[18]
    Wielding a black handled longsword, cheap riding lance, large crossbow, and wearing a light suit of chain-mail.

9. - Top - End - #39

City Guard

In preparation, Sergeant Slaughter had started to undo some shackles he had on hand. Preoccupied with fumbling with his set of hand irons, the captain fails to notice Pavis charging. Pavis hurtles himself and his deadly lance guard-captain-ward. Unfortunately, in his enthusiasm, Pavis momentarily forgets to properly counter balance his lance. As he nears the captain, still fumbling with the hand irons, Pavis's lance strays off its mark and into the ground. With the lance momentarily stuck into the floor of the bar, Pavis accidentally pole vaults himself over the captain and into one of the heavily armored guardsman. The force of the impact seems to have knocked out the guardsman cold. Amazingly Pavis manages to land on his feet.

Sergeant Slaughter, surprised by the sudden attempt at his life drops his shackles.

What are you doing? I thought I told you to sit still. Curses among curses. Now I have to look up what appropriate actions I can take. He quickly sticks his hands in his pockets searching for something. He soon produces some kind of booklet, however he seems displeased that his other hand has found nothing. Great, I left my reading glasses at the barracks! This is why I can't do street patrol. Where's Captain Garcia?

The remaining armored guardsman prepares himself for what may end up in brawl.

----------
    Battle Status

Slaughter:
    HP: Fine

Guardsman 1
    HP: KOed

Guardsman 2

----------
    Initiative Order

Pavis
    City Guard
    Lewyd
    Bryan
    Crowd
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-06-23 at 12:58 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd continues to huddle behind his metal sheet, hoping it makes decent cover.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bryan walks over to Lewyd.

I bet 25 gold on the guardsmen.

12. - Top - End - #42

Crowd

Of the eighteen people left (correct me if I'm wrong) three more get up and try to charge Slaughter. I didn't survive the recession just to go to jail! Still fumbling with his document the captain is unable to counter attack, but he still manages to absorb the blows well enough.

If you are trying to kill me, even these days it is not easy.

The rest of the crowd remain on the ground and hope for the best: the fighting stops and everyone gets free hamburgers.

----------
    Initiative Order

Pavis
    City Guard
    Lewyd
    Bryan
    Crowd

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

After seeing Savage beset upon by bar patrons Pavis shouts Everyone! Escape this bar once I take care of their leader!!!

Non lethal large lance charge vs Captain
    (1d20+5)[11]

damage
    (4d6+12)[28]

14. - Top - End - #44

City Guard

Sergeant Slaughter drops is pamphlet in frustration. I give up. I tried going about this in an orderly fashion but clearly that's not what you want. Edwards, you're still up, right? Come help me with fool of a cavalryman. He spends a moment to more or less collect his frustration. Then after quickly taking a five foot step in to close the distance on Pavis he delivers a swift punch to Pavis's midsection.

Attack 19
    Damage 4 nonlethal

The captain drives his fist into Pavis, however Pavis manages to absorb a good amount of the blow. Pavis takes 4 nonlethal damage.

The other city guards man finds his way around the other patrons toward the fray. Lewyd and Bryan manage to remain unnoticed.

----------
    Battle Status

Slaughter
    Armed with: Bare Hands (trained)
    Engaged with: Pavis and two customers

Guardsman 1

Guardsman 2 (Edwards)

----------
    Initiative Order

Pavis
    City Guard
    Lewyd
    Bryan
    Crowd
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-07-02 at 06:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd turns back to Brian.

50 gold says the idiot takes out the other guard but loses to the Sergeant.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Brian looks at his feet and scuffs the floor with his boot. I would but I don't have 50 gold.

17. - Top - End - #47

Crowd

Both remembering he has a dagger on hand as well as realizing he's already assaulting a city guard captain, the on of the customers already assailing Sergeant Slaughter quickly pulls out a dagger and makes a quick attack. The second customer tries to continue is bear handed assault.

Cutomer 1, the guy with the dagger
    Attack 9

Customer 1 unfortunately misses. Customer 2 receives a debilitating blow to the head before he can even throw a punch.

----------
    Battle Status

Customer 1
    HP: Full
    Current Weapon: Dagger
    Engaged with: Sergeant Slaughter

Customer 2

----------
    Initiative Order

Pavis
    City Guard
    Lewyd
    Bryan
    Crowd

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Swinging his lance before him (and knocking over a table in the process) Pavis charges forward.

non lethal charge

(1d20+3)[21]

damage
    (4d6+12)[23]I SHALL BE VICTORIOUS!!!

19. - Top - End - #49

Pavis lunges at the guard captain with all his weight behind his lance. The lance hits Slaughter square in the abdomen, but instead of piercing through, the lance glances off. That isn't to say the lance doesn't tear a deep gash in the process. Slaughter staggers back for a second, but then rights himself. He only seems to get angrier.

Slaughter

I've had enough out of you! he bellows.

Taking Slaugher swings his meaty first Pavisward.

Attack 28
    Damage 11-1=10 nonlethal

Slaughter's fist slamms into Pavis's midsection. Everyone else in the bar watches on as Pavis begins to gasp for breath as the wind is knocked out of him. The adventurer staggers around for a bit more before his eyes roll upward into the back of his head and he collapses.

Does anyone else want to try?

Guardsman 2 (Edwards)

By the time Edwards makes to to Pavis, there is little he can do but check Pavis's pulse and breathing.

He's breathing again, and his pulse is fine. I'm sure he'll come back around soon. I'd better restrain him before he causes anymore trouble.

And with that he begins to bound Pavis's hands and feet.

----------
    Battle Status

Slaughter
    Armed with: Bare Hands (trained)
    Engaged with: one customer

Guardsman 1

Guardsman 2 (Edwards)

----------
    Initiative Order

Pavis
    City Guard
    Lewyd
    Bryan
    Crowd
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-07-22 at 11:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd shifts his eyes to the fight, and quickly back to Brian.

Well, good thing. Looks like I won't be owing you anything this time.

The hunter remains barely hidden behind his sheet of metal.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well shucks, looks like I just lost out on my chance to double my savings.

Bryan remains where he is with a slightly exasperated expression on his face, waiting to be taken to prison.

22. - Top - End - #52

Out of initiative

Mission Complete!

Gain: 150 xp

Lost: Dignity, Pavis

As Edwards binds Pavis, Slaughter turns to his last advisory. Seeing captain dispatch of the others so easily, he decides to cut his losses and surrender.

Now, Slaughter says, can we get this wrapped up?

Slaughter takes the lack of protest as an affirmation. He calmly watches over everyone, making sure no one makes any sudden escape attempts.

A few minutes later a voice from outside askes, Well, what do we have here?

Slaughter turns to face a man fitted in fullplate and a tower shield standing in the doorway. Good, you're finally here, Garcia. I didn't have enough men to restrain all of them and get them to the lock up without the risk of letting one escape. Now that you're here we can clean this mess up.

Garcia looks at Pavis and the other unconscious bodies. Garcia can't help but make light of the situation. You know, Slaughter, you really should try restrain yourself when dealing with normal citizens.

Hey, they left me with no choice. They attacked me.

Between both Garcia's and Slaughter's units, the two captains manage to restrain everyone without incident and begin to march everyone out of the door.
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-08-01 at 11:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

gurgle

Pavis vomits a bit.

24. - Top - End - #54

Mission Complete!

Gain: 10 xp

Lost: Pavis-even more dignity, Pavis-breakfast

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hey, don't you think we should turn him on his side or something?

26. - Top - End - #56

The guards herd you all into wagon and dive you off to the castle keep. You have no choice but to look at the man across from you and quietly contemplate what the guards have in store for you in the near future. The ride is, for the most part, uneventful. Pavis is still knocked unconscious.

The wagons pull to a stop. Guards begin the process of unloading the wagons of he prisoners. All are lead out and into what seems to be a rather stark entrance to the keep, presumably to castle cells. Captain Garcia decides to carry Pavis himself. While Bryan, Lewyd, and the other patrons are lead down a hall, Captain Garcia disappears around a corner along with Pavis. It seems like Captain Garcia has something special in mind.

Each prisoner is processed at the warden's desk. The officer behind the desk quickly fills a page in his log book with names and cell numbers. After a few minutes of waiting in line in the dank hallway, the guards shuffle Bryan and Lewyd into a cell together.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bryan makes a careful examination of the cell.

Alright, I'm gonna check and see if any of these stones are loose. You check on the bars. If we need to make a quick escape, I want to know if we can or not.

Search = 19
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2009-08-15 at 12:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

After making sure that no guards are around to spot his efforts, Bryan quickly starts feeling his way around the cell. Choosing first to focus on the walls, Bryan makes a semi-circle around the room, feeling his way around with his hands, occasionally knocking on any suspicious stones. This first search yields no interesting information.

Turning his attention to the ground, Bryan continues his search for something useful. After a minute or two he stumbles upon a stone that seems to be loose in one of the far corners of the room.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Lewyd....Lewyd, wake up you lazy bastard, I think I found something. And I thought I told you to check those bars!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Sure Bryan, those stones look heavy, but wouldn't I need an overly complicated device to be able to drop one on an unsuspecting target?