New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: 1.01 Let the Adventuring begin!

Well, if you can find something to use as rope, I could magic us up a badger that we could tie to the ceiling. I'll just mentally order it to drop the rock as soon as someone enters the cell. I would suggest trying another of my devilishly useful vipers as a rope, but I'm not entirely certain it would work.
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2009-08-24 at 12:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Upon hearing the word "rope", Lewyd takes off his shirt and begins ripping it into even strips, tying them together with a fair amount of precision. In a few moments, he has makeshift cloth rope. While tying the rope to the top of one of the bars for an anchor, the hunter makes a quick check over the quality of the metal.

Search 26

After his inspection, Lewyd finishes knotting one end of the cloth rope to the bars.

Use Rope 12

Okay Bryan, get that badger, and I'll tie it to the ceiling. Then we can start a ruckus and drop a rock on the guard who comes in to check on us.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bryan summons a badger commands it to try and crawl up lewyd's leg onto his shoulder before letting itself be tied up.

Channeling check = 14

You know, Lewyd, I could make you a wooden weapon or piece of armor if you would like.

Edit: Mana cost 3. 6 Mana remaining.
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2009-08-26 at 04:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd makes a few funny faces as the badger climbs up him, a few claws scraping his bare back. He proceeds to fasten the cloth rope to the badger, securing it to the ceiling.

Use Rope 13

I guess that's secure enough...and yeah, I think some kind of bludgeon might help.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Halfling in the Playground

Using his years of trap related knowledge, Lewyd scrutinizes the iron bars for any defects he can exploit. He shakes the bars here and there, eventually coming to the conclusion that the whole set of bar are, in fact, loose. Why given enough strength one could easily pull off the whole front of the cell! But why settle for that when you can drop a rock on someone?

Fixated with this new idea Lewyd managed to tie the rope around the bars and tie in the badger. Lewyd feel a bit of a chill without his shirt.

Curiously enough, both Lewyd and Bryan realize they haven't been caught by a guard amidst their antics. In fact they haven't seen a guard since they were thrown in jail.
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-08-27 at 12:02 AM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alright then, let's see if I can make you a maul. After that, we just have to see if we can get the attention of our rather inactive guards.

Channeling check: 14
    Mana cost: 2
    Mana remaining: 4

Greatclub stats from IH PHB: 1d10 x2, Cudgel (club); bludgeoning, power

Bryan claps his hands together and appears to pull a heavy wooden club out of his left hand with his right, which he then hands to Lewyd. Alright, I can only hold that club in this plane of existence with the power of my will for about twenty minutes, and we've got less than that left with the badger. Time to get this show on road and make some noise. By the way, mind if we try and recover my bow at some point? I'm kind of useless without it.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

We'll make getting our stuff back first priority. Security in this place doesn't seem too stiff, so it might take them a while before they notice a guard is gone. Here, let me get this plan jump started.

Lewyd slams the cudgel against the iron bars a few times with a good deal of precision but an underwhelming amount of force. After letting a few clangs resound in the air, Lewyd makes his best attempt at faking an impossibly loud death rattle.

Bluff 18

Suddenly realizing that he has a large, lethal weapon in his hands, Lewyd quickly tosses the club to a corner of the cell and dives on top of it, attempting to obscure it from vision. His delicate frame does not do a very good job.

Bryan, tell them I was choked on a badger. That should get their attention.

8. - Top - End - #68

Lewyd heave the cudgel towards the bars. The resulting clang rings in the cell, scaring the badger. Fearing for it's life the badger makes repeated attempts to escape its restraints. The poor animal, however, only manages to jump outward before it's tether reels it back in. After a a few failed tries our two inmates hear large screeches as the iron bars start lurching forward with each of the badger's jumps. After a few more attempts the badger manages to yank the left half of the iron bars from their place and the whole thing comes crashing down to the ground. Good thing Bryan and Lewyd happened to be on the right side of the cell.

Curiously enough the fallen bars seem to leave behind a wooden wall (though quick reasoning leads you to conjecture that the wall is really a door). The iron bars must have just been a veneer. What a cheap jail cell. In any event it seems a small reflective shard was caught between the iron-bar-veneer and the wooden door.

Item Get: Small reflective object

Damage to Badger: 3 HP.
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-08-27 at 09:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aaaaagh, I can't take being cooped up like this anymore!

Bryan begins throwing himself into the wooden door as hard as he possibly can.

(Taking 20 on strength check to break down door, = 19)

Edit: Forgot that Bryan also examins the shiny object, appraise 25.
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2009-08-27 at 09:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Bryan comically bounces off of the wooden door. The thick slab refuses to budge. Bryan does, however, manage to indirectly trample the badger underneath the faux iron and wood cell door.

Damage to Badger: 1 HP

With little more to do, Bryan decides to take a look at the small reflective object. Looking directly at it, he finds that the small shard is perfectly polished and that he can see himself. After staring for a bit, Bryan discovers that he can see what he saw.

Item Get: Hand saw
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-08-27 at 09:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bryan continues throwing himself into the wall, attempting to do so in time with the latest catchy tune that is found agreeable to the bar wenches.

perform (drum) 7

12. - Top - End - #72

Bryan only manages to further damage the now engraged badger.

Damage dealt to badger: 2 HP
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-08-27 at 09:48 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd picks up the saw and begins sawing through the door.

14. - Top - End - #74

Lewyd picks up the hand saw and makes his way toward the door. He quickly realizes, though, that he doesn't have the proper angel to saw therough the door.

I can't use these things together.
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-08-27 at 09:41 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd stares in wild disbelief at himself, not quite sure why he just said that last line. After a moment, he shakes off his existential quandary and gains a brilliant idea. Taking the remnants of the cloth rope, he ties the handsaw to the back of the badger, giving it a deadly rotational attack.

Bryan, think you could get over the cabin fever and sic the badger on that door?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Uh, sure. You know, it's a good thing I command this guy mentally, there's no way I'd be able to describe this verbally.
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2009-08-27 at 09:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

The badger starts toward the door, but doesn't even manage to make it half way. The tether seems to be impeding the badgers progress.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd takes a moment to undo the knot tethering the badger to the iron bars.

Come to think of it, can you make the badger get angry at the door too? That might make things faster.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bryan picks up the badger, looks at it, looks at the door, looks back at the bager, shrugs and then throws the badger at the door as hard as he can.

You can not imagine how fun it is to order a badger to try and fly.
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2009-08-27 at 11:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

The badger ferociously attacks the door with a blur of claws, teeth, and rope-saw. Unfortunately the badger can't seem damage the door enough to do more than scratch the surface. Well that's not true. There a few moments where the saw comes dangerously close to Bryan, Lewyd, and the badger itself. Luckily disaster is averted.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hey Lewyd, try breaking this small reflective object with that hammer, maybe there's a key inside?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd shrugs, not having any better ideas. He applies the wooden greatclub to the shiny object with excessive amounts of force.

23. - Top - End - #83

Lewyd slams his hammer into the ground with prodigious amounts of force. As Lewyd strikes the small object, Bryan notices that the impact knocks the stone slab loose. He takes a look at the stone slab, then picks it up, revealing a wooden floor. Yet another veneer. A piece of paper falls from the back of the stone. It appears to be a rectangular piece with a dotted line down the middle.

Item Get: Dotted paper, small stone slab
    Last edited by 1hitparry; 2009-08-31 at 09:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Bryan jumps four times to turn in a complete circle.

Great!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd grabs the small stone slab and tosses it at the doorway.

Fire in the hole!

26. - Top - End - #86

Bryan's jumping creates a little circular target on the ground. This would be great for archery practice is arrows could stick into it and the target were more or less vertical. Unfortunately the target remains very hard and very horizontal.

As Bryan ponders his newly made circle thing, Lewyd heaves his stone doorward. Not long after his warning you hear a loud explosion accompanied by bright light. Both Bryan and Lewyd realize they have lost all sense of sight and hearing. Fearing for their lives they begin to frantically run around the room, only to run straight into a corner. As they slowly regain their hearing they catch a voice: Bomb has been planted. When they finally regain their sight they see the wooden door closing shut again and some sort of dangerous looking object on Bryan's Target.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Bryan, maybe you should get the saw-badger to take care of that...thing.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Channeling check: 11
    Mana Cost: 2

Bryan again claps his hands together, but this time he pulls out what appears to be a pair of wooden shears.

Oh no! It must be some kind of magical artifact with a kind of death throes ability. We don't want to be anywhere near it when it dies, but I may just be able to kill it in a way that doesn't set it off!

Bryan leaps over Lewyd towards the bomb and begins steadily poking and prodding it with his shears.

Disable Device: 12

Hey Lewyd, aren't you better at this kind of thing then me?

29. - Top - End - #89

Out of no where our duo hears Counter terrorists win.

Item Get: $500 each Oddly enough, $ is not the local currency.

And as if things weren't bizarre enough, they seem to have access to some kind of extra dimensional vendor.

Items for Sale:
    HE grenade $500
    Flash Bangs (banned)
    Riot Shield (banned)
    Kevlar $750
    Kevlar + Helmet $1000
    Night Vision Goggles (banned)

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

Lewyd calls out a few numbers into the air, and a small metal canister with a pin in it appears in his hands. Looking at the available resources, Lewyd picks up the badger, carries it with him to the end of the cell opposite the door, and sets it back down. He then adjusts the saw and rope so that the saw stands upright on the badger's back, handle down so as not to bring unnecessary harm to the critter.

Bryan, you should probably stand back for this.

The hunter then places the canister against the end of the sawblade, pulls it back to create tension in the blade, removes the pin, counts to two, and releases his hands to send the grenade flying towards the door.