Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Erfworld 161 - tBfGK 148

In which Parson discovers the concept of angst.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 161 - tBfGK 148

Ouch. All that needs to be said.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Heh, so that was the order that he stopped short of issuing...

on the brite side, that means while he is a 'fighter' and a 'general' at heart, he is not driven by revenge and won't in his eyes murder someone...kill in battle, fight for survival, order assasination to win war...fine...murder the 'effectively' helpless...no.

That thought should give him some measure of peace.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Juan View Post
    That thought should give him some measure of peace.
    Did you see the look on his face? I think "You are a remarkable warrior" was supposed to be dripping in irony. He's just had to acknowledge his dark side: he is perfectly capable of quite a lot of stuff we don't approve of in the real world.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    In which Parson discovers the concept of angst.
    I think he had discovered it quite earlier already. It's just that now that nothing's happening since Wanda has finished her exposition and Stanley is not back yet, he has nothing else to do but wallow in it.

And he still hasn't ordered Misty's corpse exhumed and decrypted. Tch, tch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

I thought the comic was going to end on page 148?

This isn't the conclusion, right?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm glad he didn't backlash Maggie, even if he thought about it...

WW Game Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Played: 21
    Devil: 1
    Wolf: 2
    Wolf Alpha: 1
    Co-Narrator: 2
    Narrator: 1
    Villager: 13
    Other (Weird): 1

Trophies
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, boop and now he knows.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

9. - Top - End - #9
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    Did you see the look on his face? I think "You are a remarkable warrior" was supposed to be dripping in irony. He's just had to acknowledge his dark side: he is perfectly capable of quite a lot of stuff we don't approve of in the real world.
    I suspect that Maggie meant it simply as a statement of fact. How Parson feels about it is another matter....

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Can't see the comic yet. No fair.
    "Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight ... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly only when I'm gettin' paid, but ... eating people alive? Where's that get fun?" - Jayne

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I wonder whether it is possible to decrypt a caster save decrypt a person that croaked more than a turn ago. Don't corpses vansih during the "clean-up"-phase at dayroll? Or did she get a funeral (claimed and moved a corpse) and now somewhat has the same status as a cloth golem fur?

Would like to see here back save and sound. Anybody noticed tha amount of casters in GK?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

So the command Parson was about to issue on this page was going to be a command for Maggie to sacrifice herself. Hmmmm... It was nice to see that confirmed.

On a side note, Sizemore seems pretty content right now.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    That is, I believe, because the body disappeared at the beginning of the turn after she died. Decrypting may be powerful, but it cannot work on a nonexistent or thoroughly destroyed body (as was the case with Bogroll).

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Desastro View Post
    Anybody noticed that amount of casters in GK?
    Not surprising, they once held 11 cities. If you take the ones from Faq there's only three remaining. It looks like popping a caster is really something that doesn't happen very often.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    That is, I believe, because the body disappeared at the beginning of the turn after she died. Decrypting may be powerful, but it cannot work on a nonexistent or thoroughly destroyed body (as was the case with Bogroll).
    Bodies disappear unless they get uncroaked or moved. I suspect burying counts as moving, unless they could bury her without moving her, which seems unlikely.
    "Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight ... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly only when I'm gettin' paid, but ... eating people alive? Where's that get fun?" - Jayne

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't get it, exactly what did Maggie do to Misty and Jack?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inst View Post
    I don't get it, exactly what did Maggie do to Misty and Jack?
    When the link was severed, she shielded herself from the backlash, so those two took more than they would have otherwise.

If she hadn't done that, Misty might not have croaked and Jack might not have gone stark raving mad.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."
    Spoiler
    Show

Baiyan, God of Joy, by GryffonDurime, while the C.U.T.E Scardycat and Dreamer are by Tomb Raven.

18. - Top - End - #18

ClericGirl

And meanwhile, Sizemore rebuilds...

19. - Top - End - #19

If bodies disappear at the start of the next turn - why where there all these bodies left to Decrypt for Wanda when a new turn had started?

20. - Top - End - #20

GK's turn was before the RCC's turn. So the bodies of the enemies are still there until the RCC's turn. Then again, if everyone has left the battlespace and the RCC has disbanded (which seems likely), I wonder what that means for the bodies.

EDIT: Also, there was a decrypted Gobwin on the last page. So I dunno.
    Last edited by datalaughing; 2009-05-17 at 11:29 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    EDIT: Also, there was a decrypted Gobwin on the last page. So I dunno.
    I bet that Wanda moved all the bodies around during the eruption so that even after they were croaked they still counted as "moved" because on some level there was a conscious application of force.

But one thing I do wonder is; once a unit is moved does it's disappear phase just get pushed back by one turn, or is it forever corporal after that? If number two it still might be possible for Misty to be called back from her in ground rest. I would not bet on it though. Decomposition seems to happen pretty quickly to the un-croaked, so if something is truly croaked it would happen even more quickly. Right?

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by datalaughing View Post
    Bodies disappear unless they get uncroaked or moved. I suspect burying counts as moving, unless they could bury her without moving her, which seems unlikely.
    [Sizemore's] Fairly convinced I'm batboop crazy now, since corpses which aren't uncroaked or moved disappear at the start of next turn. Like trash. Still, it seemed right. She deserves to rest.
    When read in context, this suggests that burying does not count as moving a corpse, and that movement requires something more than just moving a body around within the same hex.

As for the corpses, it has been suggested that they would disappear at the beginning of the Collation's turn, since that was when most of the killing took place. Otherwise, uncroaking units would be far more ineffectual, since by the time GK could act again, all the corpses would be gone.

(Not counting Wanda's mass uncroaking in the city, because she was already inthe same hex, but it makes sense seeing as it would allow her to retrieve and uncroak Manpower.)
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-05-17 at 11:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

I love elfworld and dont want it to end, but hasnt this gone past the battle for goblin knob?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Wot rule is

"Croaked units leave bodies, which exist as physical objects for a short time after croaking. Bodies disappear at the start of the next turn that their side has, unless moved/claimed (e.g. uncroaked, reanimated as golems, eaten, used for something else like the teddybearskin rug and mounted gwiffon head in Parson's room)Erf-b1-p035. In the event that their side is eliminated, unclaimed bodies disappear at the next nightfall. "

This seems to imply that 'moved' actually means that you must do something with them. It seems that 'used' would be a better wording that 'moved', assuming that is the meaning.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    When read in context, this suggests that burying does not count as moving a corpse, and that movement requires something more than just moving a body around within the same hex.
    I disagree. I think the context suggests that the corpse will not disappear. Sizemore thinks he's crazy because if they just left her alone (which I suppose it what they would normally do) she'd disappear. Instead Parson insists on moving and burying her, thus ensuring that her corpse won't disappear, which must seem very strange.

26. - Top - End - #26

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Krytha View Post
    I love elfworld and dont want it to end, but hasnt this gone past the battle for goblin knob?
    I think we're in the "epilogue" part of the Gobwin Knob story. They're just tying up loose ends while setting up the next chapter.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by raphfrk View Post
    The Wot rule is

"Croaked units leave bodies, which exist as physical objects for a short time after croaking. Bodies disappear at the start of the next turn that their side has, unless moved/claimed (e.g. uncroaked, reanimated as golems, eaten, used for something else like the teddybearskin rug and mounted gwiffon head in Parson's room)Erf-b1-p035. In the event that their side is eliminated, unclaimed bodies disappear at the next nightfall. "

This seems to imply that 'moved' actually means that you must do something with them. It seems that 'used' would be a better wording that 'moved', assuming that is the meaning.
    That would seem to imply that Misty's body would indeed survive, as being purposefully placed in a grave rather than simply allowed to vanish would seem to be a form of "claimed".

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Or Parson just might not want to out of respect.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Maggie is the 3rd worst monster on the mountain, Wanda is number 2, I wonder who number 1 is? So we see how Pason thinks of himself.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    That would seem to imply that Misty's body would indeed survive, as being purposefully placed in a grave rather than simply allowed to vanish would seem to be a form of "claimed".
    The turn count is:

Turn 1
    GK: Parson does the donut of death
    RCC: Ansom/Jillian win the lake battle
    Night: Stanley orders the link to be broken and the dwagons recalled

Turn 2
    GK: Link carries out Stanleys orders, Misty dies
    GK: Misty is moved and then buried
    GK: Stanley leaves
    RCC: Vinny + Jillian head to the pass
    RCC: Wanda sets off air defenses
    RCC: Vinny + Jillian switch alliance
    RCC: Webinar goes into tunnels

Turn 3
    TRANS: Jillian + Vinny make it to pass and are met by Caesar.
    GK: Misty's corpse should depop now
    GK: Stanley arrives at pass and is turned around
    GK: Parson wipes out Webinar
    RCC: Ansom breeches walls and makes the deal with Charlie
    RCC: Ansom about to take GK
    RCC: Parson deploys "uncroak volcano gambit"
    RCC: Parson jumps into portal

Turn 4
    GK: Parson & co return to GK

I think I may have missed a turn in the middle, but anyway. Misty was buried in turn 2. If that counts as moved, maybe that saves her body from de-popping at the start of GK's turn for turn 3. However, her body wasn't moved during turn 3, so it should depop at the start of GK's turn 4 turn.