New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Lightbulb [Feats] My mind is a rock, unshakeable and firm

Just some random feats that popped into my head...

Grounded In Reality [General]
    Your mind actively rebels against that which isn't real.
    Prerequisite: Strongly Conscious
    Benefit: You no longer allow yourself to enter a REM state. Dream-based powers and spells that function only on those sleeping cannot affect you at all. You also gain a +2 bonus against illusion.
    Special: You still require sleep for the purpose of regaining spells and powers.

Strongly Conscious [General]
    Your mind is more grounded in reality than most.
    Prerequisite: Ability to dream, Iron Will
    Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus to save against dream-based powers and spells while your body resides in the waking world. As well, you only have to sleep half the standard ammount of time for your race to regain spells, spell slots, power points and similar.

Screaming Terror [General]
    Those that fear you cannot help by scream in mortal terror.
    Prerequisite: Fear Aura or ability to cast or manifest fear-based abilities
    Benefit: Whenever you cause a victim to become Shaken or more through an ability they cannot help but let out their horror. They scream, continuously, and are unable to speak or cast any spells with a verbal component for as long as they fear you. They may scream for up to one minute per point of constitution. After that they must make a Fortitude check each round or begin to take 1 point of non-lethal damage as their throats bleed. The save DC is equal to 10 + 1 per round after they have screamed longer than their Con score allows.
    Special: While a victim of this feat is screaming all those within 60 feet that hears them become edgy, taking a -1 penalty to checks against fear-based affects, including intimidation.
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2010-03-15 at 12:57 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [Feats] My mind is a rock, unshakeable and firm

Does Strongly Conscious allow, say, an Elven Wizard to only rest two hours before refreshing their spells? That seems to be what the wording says, but can't be what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Does Strongly Conscious allow, say, an Elven Wizard to only rest two hours before refreshing their spells? That seems to be what the wording says, but can't be what you mean.
    Elves don't sleep so this feat would have no benefit for them. Hence the prerequisite 'ability to dream'.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Grounded in Reality" sounds somewhat counterintuitive. REM-sleep deprivation would actually make you hallucinate, which should make you more susceptible to illusions and daydreams, not the other way round.
    It's a fine feat, though. Just take out the scientific sounding REM-sleep and it will be less prone to being nitpicked on by the likes of me.
    I think the phrase rhymes with 'clucking bell'.

Lord Flashheart by Kalirush

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

"Mana refresh" takes 8 hours of rest for anyone, even if their race doesn't need rest (e.g. warforged). It's nothing to do with sleep, except that you can sleep while the appropriate parts of your brain reformat themselves. They're not mutually exclusive activities, but neither causes the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    Abstract positioning, either fully "position doesn't matter" or "zones" or whatever, is fine. If the rules reflect that. Exact positioning, with a visual representation, is fine. But "exact positioning theoretically exists, and the rules interact with it, but it only exists in the GM's head and is communicated to the players a bit at a time" sucks for anything even a little complex. And I say this from a GM POV.