New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Norris

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Chuck Norris

You know what, we forgot to give him unarmed strike…. So here it goes

Unarmed strike

Chuck Norris is considered to be armed even when unarmed —that is, he does not provoke attacks of opportunity from armed opponents when he attacks them while unarmed. However, he still gets an attack of opportunity against any opponent who makes an unarmed attack on him.

There now he can kill people. Oh and here is another ability

Glare

Chuck Norris’s glare is so intimidating that any creature who sees it must make a will save DC= infinity + infinity, or die instantaneously. Chuck Norris is the only force capable of suppressing this power.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte, Keeper of IRC
    As to the ability to win any tied result, I don't think Chuck is going to be tieing very many results, as Pun-pun has a couple sources of +infinite to stats that the Chuck block is lacking. This leads to Pun-pun having higher check results, as infinite^3 is greater than infinite^2.
    I just wanted to pop in to say that this statement is incorrect. Infinity to the power of x, times x, or +x is always equal to infinity. Even if x is zero, coincidentally.

Now, "Infinity" can have one of several definitions, some of which are larger than others. For the purposes of D&D statistics, however, only whole numbers exist. Therefore, we only have the "smallest" infinity, A0 (aleph-nought), which is the largest possible whole number, or alternatively, the sum of all finite whole numbers, the product of all finite whole numbers, etc.

Therefore, Chuck and Pun Pun are equal. And for God's sake, why is anyone taking this seriously?
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

However infiniteinfinite = hyperinfinite
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheThan
    You know what, we forgot to give him unarmed strike…. So here it goes

Unarmed strike

Chuck Norris is considered to be armed even when unarmed —that is, he does not provoke attacks of opportunity from armed opponents when he attacks them while unarmed. However, he still gets an attack of opportunity against any opponent who makes an unarmed attack on him.

There now he can kill people. Oh and here is another ability
    Literal Unarmed Strike (ex) - If someone does manage to remove Chuck's arms, he still threatens because he's Chuck Norris.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

You guys messed up on his speed. Chuck Norris has 2 speeds walk (at 30' per round) and kill.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMgrinder
    You guys messed up on his speed. Chuck Norris has 2 speeds walk (at 30' per round) and kill.
    *gives DMgrinder a cookie*

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly Gezina van den Vechte
    However infiniteinfinite = hyperinfinite
    I'm actually going to have to look that up later, but I don't think so. Give me a few hours.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah inf^inf is a new inf. I believe it is represented by omega. My teacher told me the guy went crazy.

Edit: Chuck Norris can take 20 on Craft(Pain).

Edit:
    | Because Chuck Norris says so.
    V

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama
    I'm actually going to have to look that up later, but I don't think so. Give me a few hours.
    Well, I don't know whether that's the correct english name but infiniteinfinite is more than infinite (don't ask why, my father (who's a math teacher at university) says it is to difficult for me to undertstand and if it's to difficult for someone who spend all her life busy with math and understands math better than my fathers average student (allright not all of it, lots of stuff id really do) how are random people on a message board going to understand)
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Mr Rogers still beats Chuck and Pun-Pun.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Okay, since you guys have reliable sources, I'm going to give it to you and not look it up. You'd better not be lying.

So yes, a character with A0 ^ A0 stats would beat Pun-Pun, who has stats of, essentially, A0. Actually, re-reading the Pun-Pun build, he simply has arbitrarily large stats and every ability in the game. He actually has to take time to grant himself higher ability scores, meaning they are not actually infinite until after an infinite (A0) amount of time. Hmm...

Of course, he still has the highest stats you can get without inventing new rules, which is kinda the point of the Chuck meme.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostly Gezina van den Vechte
    Well, I don't know whether that's the correct english name but infiniteinfinite is more than infinite (don't ask why, my father (who's a math teacher at university) says it is to difficult for me to undertstand and if it's to difficult for someone who spend all her life busy with math and understands math better than my fathers average student (allright not all of it, lots of stuff id really do) how are random people on a message board going to understand)
    It's nothing complicated. Basically, it's a matter of a one-to-one correspondence. If you can create a one-to-one correspondence between the elements of two finite sets, then they must have the same number of elements. For example, {2, 4, 6} and {1, 2, 3} have a correspondence 2<->1, 4<->2, 6<->3. The same idea is carried over to infinities. You cannot create a one-to-one correspondence between integers and reals, and so there are "more" reals than integers. Hence the reals have a different infinity than the integers.

Things like A_0^A_0 = A_1 don't have set meanings, as there aren't really universally accepted methods of applying operations to infinities. However, you *can* make them. In this case, if you want to say that there are A_0 integers, it's not too hard to see why there would be A_0^A_0 reals.
    "TORONTO. CANADA. Which is, despite common belief, NORTH of you."-Abd Al-Azrad
    "Sadly, Thray has a point."-The Glyphstone, who is NOT a cad
    "Thray wins. at the internet." Rama Lei
    "It's only confusing if you don't get it."-Thomas

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, since you guys have reliable sources, I'm going to give it to you and not look it up. You'd better not be lying.

So yes, a character with A0 ^ A0 stats would beat Pun-Pun, who has stats of, essentially, A0. Actually, re-reading the Pun-Pun build, he simply has arbitrarily large stats and every ability in the game. He actually has to take time to grant himself higher ability scores, meaning they are not actually infinite until after an infinite (A0) amount of time. Hmm...

Of course, he still has the highest stats you can get without inventing new rules, which is kinda the point of the Chuck meme.

I guess you could say Pun-Pun beats Chuck since he is approved rules legit.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just wanted to pop in to say that this statement is incorrect. Infinity to the power of x, times x, or +x is always equal to infinity. Even if x is zero, coincidentally.
    Um. This isn't necessarily true with any infinities, it's a matter of how you define a convention. You can define infinity*0 to be whatever you want, with any one of the infinities. There's no "correct" definition.
    "TORONTO. CANADA. Which is, despite common belief, NORTH of you."-Abd Al-Azrad
    "Sadly, Thray has a point."-The Glyphstone, who is NOT a cad
    "Thray wins. at the internet." Rama Lei
    "It's only confusing if you don't get it."-Thomas

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

the official Pun-pun build uses the Font of Power ability and various time-altering powers to allow such an infinite amount of time to occur... within the space of a single round.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jaqueses
    Mr Rogers still beats Chuck and Pun-Pun.
    ...with hugs and LOVE! And a side helping of cardigans.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

You forgot an ability
    Who the F*** is going to believe this?!!?
    All creatrues within sight range of Chuck Norris may make either a DC5 Spot check or a DC5 Will saving throw, success indicates that you have disbelived all of Chuck Norris's abilities and his stats change to that of a level 4 commoner level 1 monk posessing a monk's belt. You are immune to the abilities of his fanboy fantasy form. Failure means your going to die.

Now this is more believeable.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Paradox Vulnerability:

If the Unstoppable Force (a +3 Keen maul which deals +1d10 damage on a critical hit, available only in d20 World of Warcraft) should ever strike The Immovable Object (a +3 shield available only in d20 World of Warcraft), Chuck Norris dies. He can, however, be resurrected, which he goes back in time and does to himself as an immediate action.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maerok
    Yeah inf^inf is a new inf. I believe it is represented by omega. My teacher told me the guy went crazy.
    And that omega^omega equals a new (third) infinity, and so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful
    You forgot an ability
    All creatrues within sight range of Chuck Norris may make either a DC5 Spot check or a DC5 Will saving throw, success indicates that you have disbelived all of Chuck Norris's abilities and his stats change to that of a level 4 commoner level 1 monk posessing a monk's belt. You are immune to the abilities of his fanboy fantasy form. Failure means your going to die.

Wouldn't he roundhouse them first? ;D

20. - Top - End - #50
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

While technically this thread died some time ago with the mention of Pun-Pun, I have an ability to add:

Mastery of All Chuck Norris doesn't obey the laws of physics, the laws of physics obey him. Thus he can do anything from getting McDonald's breakfast after 11:30 to roundhouse-kicking you from 3 planes of existence away.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground

Chuck Norris does not take 20. He takes 100 instead.

Chuck Norris does not score critical hits. He only scores kills and critical kills.

It's not true that only one Tarrasque ever exists. Chuck Norris just killed the rest of them. When he was in kindergarden.

Chuck Norris overrides rule 0.

Chuck Norris doesn't have spell resistance; he just stares at magic until it runs away scared.

Chuck Norris does not roll damage; he just rolls how many times he kills you with his attacks.

Chuck Norris once killed a black dragon with an Acid Splash spell.

Chuck Norris can kill people with Intimidate checks. For that matter, Chuck Norris can kill people with Spot checks.

Chuck Norris does not have any form of enhanced vision. He just decides what's there in front of him instead, and he's always right.

(Normally I wouldn't indulge like this, but I just had to post to spite the guy complaining about Chuck-dom.)

22. - Top - End - #52

You all forget Chuck Norris' racial vulnerability, Bruce Lee :)

23. - Top - End - #53

Oh and "DR Infinity/Mr.T" too
    Member of a fanclub.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of species Chuck Norris allows to live. Therefore, if Chuck Norris kills a creature, he can decide to kill not only that creature, but all others of that species. This is instantaneous and unavoidable.

Also, he should have Swallow Whole: After all, he once ate an entire three-layer cake before his friends could tell him there was a stripper inside.
    Patchouli Knowledge avatar courtesy of the skillful Prime32.

"Everyone feels benevolent if nothing happens to be annoying him at the moment."
    --C. S. Lewis

"The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful
    You forgot an ability

I think this brings him down to about.. LA+50,000...

I think chuck norris jokes are cool as much as th next person, but this is kinda.. overkill. Try and atleast put him under the rules...

"overrules rule 0"?

Here's a chalenge, try and make a chuck norris class/race/prc that encompasses the awsomness of norris, but is LA+0.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by skreweded
    Here's a chalenge, try and make a chuck norris class/race/prc that encompasses the awsomness of norris, but is LA+0.
    That way lies madness!

This thread frightens me almost as much as it amuses me. :P

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Win (Ex): Chuck Norris can't lose anything. Ever. If challenged to anything, he wins.

Chuck Norris doesn't take 20. He takes them all.

28. - Top - End - #58

Chuck Norris doesn't "Take" Chuck Norris HAS
    Member of a fanclub.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Unless x is negative...

30. - Top - End - #60

Why Chuck Norris?
    "You would not want to be staring that way at me." -Al Swearengen

"Crush your enemy, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women." -Conan

Let's harvest some kidneys!!

I'm not a magic fan but...: