New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Might of Mortals IC

"The world is yet young, Lossethir. Give it time. I trust others will be acting soon enough. When the action starts, let's hope you know which side to end up on, eh?"

Rono stands and smiles.

"Well, I think I'll let that fellow over there get a shot at converting you now. Don't forget where you came from, Lossethir. Don't lose sight of your roots."

Rono steps and ends up back in the Sky Plains where Arfin has quite patiently been waiting for his impulsive sibling.

Rono and Arfin, in the Sky Plains

"Brother! What brings you here at a time like this, a time of peace? Surely you aren't going out and looking for trouble, are you?" says the hero god with a sly grin.
    Last edited by Vadin; 2009-05-25 at 09:35 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

*Upon Rono's departure...*

"I came from...there!" he points skyward and huffs.

"AGH! First things first. Invent...vodka."
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2009-05-25 at 12:30 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Faala and Deth - The pearl ship

The pearl ship was floating in a lagoon, surrounded by shallow turqoise water. Glistening in the morning light and lying completely still. The ship itself shone like a beacon, casting it's reflection on the cliffs surrounding the lagoon.

Faala was lying on her back in the water, her hair and dress had spread out, floating, over the surface around her. Her eyes was closed and she looked like she was at peace, her presence gave the entire area a atmosphere of complete tranquility.

When Deth spoke to her she opened her eyes and looked up at him, she smiled and rose herself from the water and began climbing aboard the ship. As she did so the water did not run off her, rather it became one with her. As if had always been there.

Good morning, Deth. You are not interrupting anything, I was merely enjoying the morning and this... fresh... world. Please, go ahead.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

The Great Forest
    He was first aware of the noise. Stark and foreign to the silence of Limbo, or nonexistence that he had known, Josebellen entered the world calmly (not a shrilling babe, but a stoic bairne).
    "-He of the Untouched Expanses! Brother to the Little Ones!" a strong voice cried out to a cheering throng, each word gaining momentum as he sung praises and divulged great deeds.
    "Jose Jose Josebellen! Jose Jose Josebellen!" The throng chanted, roaring voices giving the newborn god strength. He let the words wash over him, bathing him and taking root in his mind.
    He Who will Deliver us from Impurity and Make us Strong!", the voice stood upon a fallen tree. It was small and weak, collapsing under it own weight. The Forest was weak, but at the voice's feet, Josebellen sensed those as new as He.
    Jose's long fingers reached out to the seeds, and they sprouted. Pushing up from the dirt, three young oaks took shape. Their boughs, strong and regal, stretched to the heavens as the trees grew to magnificient proportions.
    The crowd cheered. Their chant grew manyfold, so was their faith.
    Josebellen sensed many new sprouts, and raised them all to great Oaks. Soon a weakened forest was made strong again, and a godless people knew the purity of Absolute faith.
    Josebellen wasn't finished, though. From each tree, grew strange buds. Plush and squirming, they chirped, and sung. In every branch was a new colour of songbird, and they trilled in unison. The Woods were alive again, and this sacred site was to be known as Josebellen's Grove.

Josebellen - 2 AP
    (1 AP spent --> Encourage Populace: Faith)
    Last edited by Perpetuum; 2009-05-25 at 01:52 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thelyl & Eul: Wastes of the Dead

"If they're "un" dead they're not dead are they? Oh don't worry about the immortals, they're on my list, but I think the problem of mindless shambling corpses, or even worse, intelligent shambling corpses, is a little bit more immediate. Call it a courtesy visit then. Undead or not, if they can get killed again, they're at least a little alive." Thelyl waved his hand and the raven, who had alighted on the blasted ground twisted. It's beak became sharp and hooked, and the creature itself grew to an immense size. It's claws became deadly hooked talons, it's tail grew long and serpentine, and it's eyes glimmered with malevolent intelligence. It's head swung. "Not bad. Not bad at all. And for the record, if it's alive. I'll make sure it dies." And then they were... elsewhere. The dice on the ground popped, like ripe fruit, scattering shards of bone about. A high keening laugh rose on the wind with them.

Thelyl, the frozen... somewhere.

Thelyl and his creature arrived in the snowcovered waste lf the north. Thelyl couldn't actually be sure it was the north, it might as well be the south for all he knew. Lossethir was around somewhere. Thelyl climbed up onto the creature's... the deepcrow's back. "Get walking. Chances are we'll find him." Thelyl said as he jabbed a pair of sharp fingers into the creature's back, it stepped forward on the crunchy layer of snow.

1 AP Create World Element: DEEEEPCROOOOW!
    1 AP Left
    Last edited by Aergoth; 2009-05-25 at 06:21 AM.
    You don't want the monster? You don't throw the switch.
    Awesome Avatar by Starwoof

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Starbrow

Arfin heard someone behind him, asking him to not stop. and something added to the hymn - beautiful and powerful, even compared to a holy war song of the Elohim.

He turned, singing the chorus louder and with fervor. Interesting...
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Faala and Deth - The pearl ship

Deth looks around. Beautiful as ever Mother, as well as a very beautiful place you have picked. Deth swipes his arm through the air leaving a ornate mirror of silver that perfectly reflects the world around a moment before it clouds over and shows Deth's work shop then pans out to show the mountain and the group of Warforged working on crude tools. A few already using them to gather wood and stone as instructed.

I also wanted to thank you for this existence. gesturing down at his body.

I want to make contact with Father and the others. You have not spoken to them yet have you?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Shekkar, The Northern Lands

The great wolf padded slowly to where Lossethir is currently standing. The great wolf's mouth does not open, but Lossethir can hear him speak anyway. "Hello, Brother."

Shadar-Kai Place

The Dire Wolves and the Shadar-Kai lived easily together, neither killing the other, and after a time they grew together. They aided one another, and the Shadar-Kai grew to appreciate the cunning and power of the beasts, as they did the intelligence and resourcefulness of the Shadar-Kai.

However, they needed something to eat, to hunt. It would have to be a challenge, and it must be in abundance, not too small and not too large, but powerful and not easily killed, so they would never grow lax. Their prayers were answered, as elegant creatures came to inhabit the forest. They stood proud on tall legs that ended in hoofed feet. Alert, faintly equine heads played host to two great stalks like trees, that sprouted a number of pointed ends. They bounded gracefully, lived in large groups, and had much meat. These powerful animals became known as Elk, and they danced about the forest like a shadow beneath a flame.

1AP=3AP-1AP Encourage Populous, Dire Wolves and Shadar-Kai work together (+1 Military) -1AP Create World Element: Elk
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Rono and Arfin

While Rono waited, the Ronin listened. They listened.

What they heard was a primal song of a young universe, of a reality filled with joy and beauty and evil and challenge. The Ronin were enthralled, and they thanked their god that he would bring one such as this among them.

The Ronin saw that songs could hold power over reality. Perhaps, they wondered, other things could as well.

At the flameborn's volcano

Their prayers were unanswered. The lord of flame did not care for them! What despair, what shame!

"WAIT!" shouted a voice from above.

A humanoid figure with an eyepatch and an impressive physique fell gently from the heavens.

"Noble flameborn, I have heard your prayers! Wait now, while I venture to seek why they have yet to be answered!"

Rono and Enigma

"Lord of flame and questions, I am Rono the Might, hero of heroes! Tell me, noble deity, why have you forsaken the little ones who woke with you in the world? They call out your name and you respond only with silence! What reason might you have for this?"

0 AP = 1 AP - 1 AP (Encourage Ronin: Magic exists, +1 Arcane)
    Last edited by Vadin; 2009-05-25 at 10:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Uril in his jungle

Uril decided he would make one more thing before taking a break from his development of the world. He concentrated his mind again as he had done before to will his trees to grow and this time from the ground huge creatures burst forth. They had tusks longer than any human and their bodies easily dwarfed the smilodons he had recently given life to. They stood on four mighty hoofed legs and had thick leathery hides as well as giant ears and long flexible snouts that were strong enough to wrench small trees from the ground. They were mammoths. Eventually Uril would train his people to use them well but not right now. He'd save that for later and continue eating.

(0 AP left -2 to raise military and population a while ago and -1 to create mammoths now)
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2009-05-25 at 02:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

"What in blazes?!"

And Rono raises up his mighty fists to meet the oncoming flame.

(1d6+1)[6]

(Roll 1d6+your DR)

12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nokov, Enigma, and Rono

As the flames of battle die down, the air is filled with slow, dramatic clapping. Once again, Nokov stands at the edge of the volcano's rim. He is flanked by two gruff Nomen.

"Excellent work noble warrior, excellent work. That burning idiot was on the verge of becoming a thorn in my side. I doubt he questioned himself on whether attacking you was the right decision."

Nokov chuckles to himself. The gruff Nomen using all of their willpower to hold their posture in the heat.

"I am Nokov the Dastardly. State your name and intentions."
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post

The great wolf padded slowly to where Lossethir is currently standing. The great wolf's mouth does not open, but Lossethir can hear him speak anyway. "Hello, Brother."
    Folded arms, big smirk.

"Heya, kid. How we doing? Love the ears and tail, by the way. Don't change a thing."

Pleasantries didn't really become Lossethir, especially for someone so familiar. It was all along the lines of 'yes, yes I know you, you know me, now what do you want?'. Whenever he tried his hand at polite conversation it always felt so smarmy and insincere he wanted to laugh at himself. Things always boiled down to intention anyway, and when someone has occasion to meet with the White Spy it's either because they want something from him...or they want him dead. The latter never prevented good business negotiations though.

Feeling a dreadfully awkward silence of more than half a second,
    "...game of fetch? I won't tell if you don't..."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nokov, Enigma, Deth and Rono

Deth Steps out of nothing to the Volcano's rim. Hello fath..... Oh seems I have interrupted something. Deth quickly quiets down to watch to see what happens.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nowhere in Particular

All of a sudden a great loud sound is heard as reality is bent and torn. Such power should not normally exist. Only the power of a god could perform such an act, and in particular only a god from another plane of existence could do that.

A hole in reality is created as the invader god enters the world, full of might screaming at the top of his lungs

"EEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA!"

The hole being no more than a few meters, closes behind the invader.

"Finally!" Yells the invader

"I have finally escaped from that hell hole and those stupid clowns!"

He looks around and sees the young world, ripe for the taking and proclaims, mostly to himself really

"This is perfect! This place shall be mine for the taking. Beware world! FOR SOON YOU SHALL FALL UNDER THE MIGHT OF SKREECHY BARAHAHAHA... oh wait I discarded that name long ago... OF NILBOG!"

yells Nilbog in his high pitched annoying voice which in his original world had given him the name of Skreechy.

"But what to do.... what to do..."

Nilbog senses huge divine power nearby, and decides to investigate. Better for him to judge the powers of this world before he goes around taking it over really.

Reaching from a respectable distance, Nilbog reaches into his pouch on his belt and takes out a crooked telescope, as he watches Rono and Enigma fight. Nilbog wonders how he can use this to his advantage.

Unfortunately for Nilbog, he is quickly given away from the putrid stench which always hands around him... and the fact that his idea of a "respectable distance" means that he was crouching on the ground a few feet away from the fight... with his telescope peering straight at Novok's knee.

Nilbog wasn't even looking at the right deity.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

The wolf merely makes a rumbling noise deep in it's throat. "Only if we get to play with your head." He begins to prowl toward the yaks, his voice still as strong in Lossethirs mind as ever. "So, Rono eh? What did he want?"

17. - Top - End - #107

The big after fight party

Nokov whirls around to point at the two eavesdroppers. The Noman guard on his right is knocked off the side of the volcano after colliding with his arm, the guard on the left trips up on his cape and falls into the magma far below.

"All of you, state your name and intentions! I am Nokov the Dastardly, and I will not accept unidentified powers in my midst!"
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Shekkar and Lossethir: North Lands

"Tell you what, you can have my head, but only if you can do it without taking my neck as well."

Aaah, ancient burn. Always...wait, that hardly makes sense at all...stupid ancient...

"Everyone's always like, "Rawr, I want Lossethir's head. Booga-booga. Scaryshadowmonsterman." The least you could do it make me a sensible offer. I might consider a monetary exchange for my head. Ya know, I don't use it that much, really. At any rate, I won't give head for free...MY...give...my head for..................did you want something or are you just going to pace around looking ominous and menacing?"

Way to not answer his question, Loss! Mental thumbs up!
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2009-05-25 at 12:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Enigma, Rono, Deth, Novok

Deth takes a step back watching the two Nomen falling to their deaths.Greetings I am Deth. I was coming to see my Father.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Shekkar and Lossethir, Northern Lands

The Wolf began to size up one of the yaks, stalking around it. "Do you even know what that old saying MEANS? Doesn't sound like you do. Anyway, I'm multitasking. Besides, you didn't answer my question. Rono's brother stopped by Fathers lands, but he wasn't even polite enough to stay and speak with him in person. How rude, yes?"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nilbog, crashing the after fight party

Nilbog yells out

"Curses! I have been discovered!"

Shoving the telescope back in his belt pocket, Nilbog raises to his full height in order to become more intimidating to Nokov

"You are much much more cunning than I expected! You have gained my respect for now..."

"INFERIOR LIFE FORM! I AM NILBOG THE GREAT! YOU SHALL BOW DOWN TO ME!"

of course it is hard being intimidating when you are less than 3 feet tall. Indeed Nokov looking down sees a little creature screaming his lungs off.

The creature, being Nilbog that is, is green, and has an ugly balding head. His crooked nose sticks out like a crescent moon, and his feet are comically huge, giving Nilbog a rather silly walk.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Enigma, Rono, Deth, Nilbog, Novok

Deth jumps at the unexpected scream. Looking down he see's then smells the creature.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Shekkar and Lossethir

"Terribly rude, yes, can't even imagine the blah ze de blah blah mumble mumble...

He folds his arms again and looks bashful. He of course isn't, but was exceptional at making an (apparent) ass out of himself.

"Fine. Rono is looking to build an artifact and he wanted my input and a loan of my power. I don't know the specifics, but you can bet Eul won't like it."
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2009-05-25 at 12:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

The Wolf barked a laugh, and a yak stumbled away from it. However, his target did not. "Father doesn't like much of anything, which I suppose is the point, yes? Still, Rono has enough of his own spawn you think he wouldn't really need a loan from us hmm? The wolf pounced on the back of the Yak, which bleated wildly and began to stamp about, trying to dislodge him. "There's a bothersome number of newcomers about."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Lord Amon simply awaits somewhere in his area. Brooding, doing nothing. Perhaps planning. Or maybe he slumbers once more. Whatever the case, he seems to be uninvolved or unconcerned with the affairs of this world.

(I'm not leaving, just trying to make a post to get involved in the game.)

26. - Top - End - #116

Rono, Deth, Nilbog, Nokov

A moment of silence passes between Nilbog and Nokov. In an instant, Nokov's leg shoots out and punts Nilbog into the volcano below. (Being a god, Nilbog will be fine)

"No one may talk to me that way! Nokov the Dastardly is inferior to nothing!"

Nokov points to the remaining two gods, a smirk on his face.

"Now that the noisy interruption is out of the way, father and son will have to settle business with me. But, seeing as you two have not seen each other for some time... I will allow some time for conversation. The father still needs to state his name and intentions before we can begin."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Rono, Nokov, and...'Nibble-long', right?

The whole 'kicking Nilbog' thing is over before Rono even notices what's going on.

"My name is Rono, friend Nokov! Though your name is a bit odd, I'm sure there's a wonderful story behind it that banishes all doubt as to your true nature!" Rono says with a beaming smile and a friendly arm clasp.

"Oh! Deth! How have you been, boy? I was just investigating the fate of these people of flame and curiosity. Any ideas for them?"
    Last edited by Vadin; 2009-05-25 at 12:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

All of a sudden, Nokov feels something tugging at his cape.

"Hey mister miiiiiiiister....."

Looking down he sees Nilbog, his green colour turned into someone of a more... crispy colour....

"THAT IS NOT HOW YOU BOW FOOL!"

screams Nilbog.
    Last edited by Shmee; 2009-05-25 at 12:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post

The Wolf barked a laugh, and a yak stumbled away from it. However, his target did not. "Father doesn't like much of anything, which I suppose is the point, yes? Still, Rono has enough of his own spawn you think he wouldn't really need a loan from us hmm? The wolf pounced on the back of the Yak, which bleated wildly and began to stamp about, trying to dislodge him. "There's a bothersome number of newcomers about."
    Some spark of creativity and wiliness gives the yak herd the idea to work in unison with truly inspired tactics...at least for an instant. The yak the wolf is currently riding falls to its belly just as a bull comes charging in from the side with its horns ready and level with the predator.

"You really shouldn't play with your food. And, you should know the strength of the wolf is the strength of the pack. By itself, it's really an unimpressive creature, but with friends, it can do almost anything. Curious how that works...at least my woolly friends seem to grasp the idea."

Punted or not, the yak herd quickly makes life hell for the wolf by turning into a swarming mass of stamping hooves and prodding horns.

Lossethir watches from a safe distance, arms folded politely behind his back.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Shekkar, Lossethir, The Northern Lands

The wolf leaped past the bull, and through the withering assault of hooves and horns, to leap onto the back of the yak. It's fangs flashed for an instant, before burying themselves in the yaks neck. "You always did underestimate the Lone Wolf. They are more cunning than you think. Have you met any of the newcomer gods yet?"