New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Banned

eek Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Crap. A tornado may be approaching. I'm actually really scared.
    --The Gremlin

2. - Top - End - #842
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Keveak, I apologize. I will try to improve the template based on your recomendations.

Also, I picked "We Are The Champions" for several good reasons. It fits well with the situation and I think it's a good way to celebrate the victory, Queen starts with Q, and I like subtly implying that Q is gay, even though he's not and has several wives.

Also because I saw several people singing that song at a karaoke bar just the other day, which is where got the inspiration from.
    I liked it. Great comic!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    --The Gremlin
    Don't panic. That's exactly what the tornado wants you to do.

But in all seriousness, GET THE FRIG INDOORS, SONNY!
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-06-04 at 06:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

--The Gremlin
    I'd say tornado's are overrated. Because hurricanes are totally overrated*. But they aren't exactly the same thing so I won't say anything other then perhaps you'll get lucky and there won't even be one.

*My aunt and uncle were living in Florida from like.. 1995-2006, they went through quite a few hurricanes simply by staying in their own home. They said it wasn't that bad really, you just got bored because you didn't have power and you couldn't go outside. Probably the only time anyone ever finishes the game Monopoly.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    I'd say tornado's are overrated. Because hurricanes are totally overrated*. But they aren't exactly the same thing so I won't say anything other then perhaps you'll get lucky and there won't even be one.
    Yeah, there wasn't. Sorry for being so dramatic, the computer kept shutting down (we thought it was from the storm, but it turned out we accidentally turned off some doodad)and I couldn't type much. It passed over, though a nasty thunderstorm with 60 mph winds is on its way, which could be kinda cool.
    Thanks/sorry for the concern.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-06-04 at 06:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ettin in the Playground

It passed over, though a nasty thunderstorm with 60 mph winds is on its way, which could be kinda cool.
    Meh, you'll be fine.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Meh, you'll be fine.
    Yeah, it's not really that scary. The tornado would've sucked, what with all our pets, but the winds don't really concern me. Hope the wild turkeys are okay, though, if they're anything like our old turkeys they're roosting in a tree which is kinda hazardous.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, it's not really that scary. The tornado would've sucked, what with all our pets, but the winds don't really concern me. Hope the wild turkeys are okay, though, if they're anything like our old turkeys they're roosting in a tree which is kinda hazardous.
    NOOOOOOOOOoooooooo! NOT THE TURKEYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'll give this SSB thing a whirl.

Down-B: Limiter Release. Increases attacks' power for a short time. Can stack up to four times, lasting successively less time as it goes on.
    Up-B: Dash. Pretty much just Pikachu's Quick Attack crossed with Fox's Side-B.
    B: .454 Casull. Similar to Falco's laser, but shoots slower and moves faster with slightly more knockback. At level 2 Limiter Release it is upgraded to Jackal.
    Side-B: Katanas. Throws katanas to the side, manifests new ones. At level 4 Limiter Release they become chain-katanas, increasing damage but decreasing knockback.

Final Smash:
    0x Limiter Release: Multi-Dash. Dashes through the closest enemy, going through walls and floors every time B is pressed.
    1-3x Limiter Release: Time Dilate. The stage and background becomes greyscale and washed out, and all characters other than NC are slowed down considerably.
    4x Limiter Release: Cromwell Activation. NC disappears along with the stage. The background turns black and eyes appear all over it it which act like the bumpers when touched.

Hey, I think it's a pretty cool mechanic.

e: Also, four jumps.
    Last edited by Ninja Chocobo; 2009-06-05 at 03:30 AM.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #850
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Here's another Smash profile:

Nobody

Nobady doesn't walk or run; in fact, his feet never touch the ground. He levitates slightly above the ground, gliding as he moves, like Mewtwo did in Melee. He is of course still affected by gravity, but has a slightly slower falling speed than most.

B: Blast from Nowhere: Nobody shoots a blast of gray Nowhere energy from his hands. There is a slight charge time before the attack. The attack does little damage, but temporarily weakens and slows the enemy hit by it. They also temporarily lose most of their color, but this is purely cosmetic.
    B-Up: Levitate: Nobody slowly floats in the direction of the control stick. This attack does no damage.
    B-Down: Vanishing Act: Nobody disappears with a flourish, leaving a grenade behind him. He reappears in the same spot after the grenade detonates.
    B-Side: Portal to Nowhere: Nobody disappears into a portal, immediately reappearing from a different portal off to the side.

Normal attacks are punches and occasional kicks. Smash attacks also feature gray Nowhere energy.

Final Smash: Unspeakable Beast: As the stage goes dark, Nobody opens a portal below the stage, from which the tentacles of a Lovecraftian horror erupt, dealing heavy damage to any enemies on the bottom two-thirds of the screen.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ven, as the Centurion Detta
    B: Gatt-pistol. Fires a burst from his gat pistol,=.
    B-up: Air Support. Two Flying Dettas swoop in and lift Ven. Their propellers deal damage to things they hit.
    B-over: Ven charges his enemies with his sword.
    B-Down: Projector. Ven uses his projector to create a detta. Type is random. Cannot have more than five dettas at a time.
    Basic Detta: Weak claw attack, picks up useful items and brings them to Ven. Dies after taking 15 damage.
    Repair Detta: If Ven stands still, will begin to heal him. Has a weak attack with it's blowtorch. Dies after taking 15 damage.
    Soldier Detta: Decent attack with both Blade and Gun arm. Dies after taking 20 damage.

Final Smash: Vendetta. A pair of Flying detta's carry Ven off the map. The Vendetta begins bombarding the stage with lasers, when the bombardment ends, Ven returns to the map.
    Or (can't decide between the two)
    Detta Swarm: Ven fires several projectors, each of which begins summoning Dettas.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-06-04 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

I'm glad I live where there's no tornadoes (and the earthquakes have to come from norway or something because they can''t start around here, we doesn't get hurricanes either) those are scary, I'm also glad it weren't ne Grem .
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm making next FFF
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    I'm making next FFF
    Isn't MM supposed to be drawing the final battle thing?

15. - Top - End - #855

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    *Points at the giant fighting robot thingy*

*Feels ignored*
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I think I am, but Im letting him do it.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    I think I am, but Im letting him do it.
    Tut tut... Letting MM take away your fun just like that... I'm ashamed... ashamed...

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    *Points at the giant fighting robot thingy*

*Feels ignored*
    Oh, cheer up. I am waiting the next comic with anticipation

Also, you could send me the details of it so I can say my opinions before it goes to the press. It's mine and TnD's giant robot after all

19. - Top - End - #859

Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Oh, cheer up. I am waiting the next comic with anticipation

Also, you could send me the details of it so I can say my opinions before it goes to the press. It's mine and TnD's giant robot after all
    Dont worry, I'm doing comics in way where it depends on you how much damage your character took (if any) + it's already uploaded

Next time I check discussion thread first, I promise
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Heh, awesome comic. I will be making the follow-up then I guess

21. - Top - End - #861

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post

*My aunt and uncle were living in Florida from like.. 1995-2006, they went through quite a few hurricanes simply by staying in their own home. They said it wasn't that bad really, you just got bored because you didn't have power and you couldn't go outside. Probably the only time anyone ever finishes the game Monopoly.
    ...? You guys must be doing something wrong; with two people, Monopoly takes ~30 mins, an hour tops. With 3 or 4, usually 1 hour to 2 hours; with 5 or 6, usually ~45 mins to an hour and a half.

My basement's a bomb shelter*, so we'd have nothing, really, to worry about, even if a tornado literally hit our house.

*Not really; it probably couldn't survive a bomb, but it's surrounded by like two feet of solid concrete.

EDIT: Ugh, I hate Queen... That song especially.
    Last edited by Wreckingrocc; 2009-06-05 at 02:32 PM.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hey Drowzy, what if you made the next FFF? I could talk with you in PM about the details, and your artistic style is, let us be honest, far superior to mine

23. - Top - End - #863
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Detta Swarm: Ven fires several projectors, each of which begins summoning Dettas.
    What about that shell he used to blast a hole in the shade fortress that was loaded with Dettas? A few could rain from the sky.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

24. - Top - End - #864

HalfOrcPirate

Hey guys. We're doing a Literature/English project on the novel The Wave. For this project, everyone must create a country, and describe it. I'm doing: The People's Republic of Smurfland. Does anyone speak Latin well enough to translate: "Stand as one, Live as one, Die as one"?
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

25. - Top - End - #865

Hmmm... I'm only in first year Latin. I may be wrong:

State ut unim, Vive ut unim, Intere ut unim.

EDIT: This is assuming that you are telling multiple people to do this.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-06-05 at 07:29 PM.

26. - Top - End - #866

HalfOrcPirate

Thanks, SoG. You're a lifesaver.

I had the weirdest dream yesterday. It was Halloween, and we were on the forums, and you were a girl...it was pretty cool. But then you died from abuse from your boyfriend. And it was sad....
    But, you're alive! And a guy!
    *Massive huggs commence*

I have too many nightmaress.

That was awkward.
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2009-06-05 at 07:34 PM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

27. - Top - End - #867

Oh. I lied. I think it's actually Uno, not Unim. Depending on if "ut" makes it take the ablative case.

28. - Top - End - #868

HalfOrcPirate

Is that for all of them, or one in particular? I'm going with all of them.

And thanks, SoG. I'm taking Latin next year, I here it's a good root language to take. In college, I plan on taking Portuguese. Or somethinh.

Meh, off topic. Just thanks.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Or you could just cheat and copy paste something from the Abr wiki about someplace in Avbaroy. <.<

@V - You're no fun. But I applaud you for taking the honest way. Even though it's not like anybody would ever catch you. (I'm just trying to mess with you now. :P) Unless your teacher is actually an abr'er. o.o"
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-06-05 at 07:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #870

HalfOrcPirate

No, that would be plagiarizing. If I'm not anything, it's a cheater...if that makes sense. Thanks for the idea, though.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!