Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1599
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Banned
     
    The Gremlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    The question of the century: Why is Mad Mask a Lemure?
    Duh. Lemures are created by petitioners in hell, who are tortured horribly until their bodies are eventually dissolved in a pile of liquified flesh, while their minds are utterly destroyed.
    In an alternate text, they are devils who died/got in trouble.
    /\ Don't forget scars!
    Also, anybody seen the new Star Trek movie? I haven't, but it lacks tribbles. Ergo, it sucks.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Green-Shirt Q's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, okay?! Yeeesh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Also, anybody seen the new Star Trek movie? I haven't, but it lacks tribbles. Ergo, it sucks.
    I have. I thought it was okay except for the random Ewok. And lack of Q or tribbles.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-05-29 at 09:16 PM.
    AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE!
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CrimsonAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    I have no idea what you people are talking about. :D
    ____

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Green-Shirt Q's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, okay?! Yeeesh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    I have no idea what you people are talking about. :D
    I only have a vauge knowledge and little care about what everybody else is talking about, but I'm talking about the new Star Trek movie and the Ewok that followed Scotty around.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-05-29 at 09:19 PM.
    AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE!
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Banned
     
    X2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Secret Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Duh. Lemures are created by petitioners in hell, who are tortured horribly until their bodies are eventually dissolved in a pile of liquified flesh, while their minds are utterly destroyed.
    In an alternate text, they are devils who died/got in trouble.
    /\ Don't forget scars!
    Also, anybody seen the new Star Trek movie? I haven't, but it lacks tribbles. Ergo, it sucks.
    I have. Its good, but not as good as All Good Things... Microphone!!!

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    I'm a couple hours late it seems, but the Sovices do not use magic.

    They can learn to mimic magic after enough exposure to specific spells, but they don't have the Incarnum to use magic naturally. The exception to this rule is Maeter.

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mad Mask's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westmount

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Ah, okay.

    Are you going to make a Fat Fish Fury comic any time soon ?

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemming's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I'm a couple hours late it seems, but the Sovices do not use magic.

    They can learn to mimic magic after enough exposure to specific spells, but they don't have the Incarnum to use magic naturally. The exception to this rule is Maeter.
    *GASP!*
    Does that mean something Mad Mask said was wrong?? HORRORS!

    Anyway, I liked Star Trek. You just have to ignore the Ewok and it's fine. Tribbles, well, nothing's perfect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

    O,,o

    Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.


    ...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Banned
     
    The Gremlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    *GASP!*
    Does that mean something Mad Mask said was wrong?? HORRORS!

    Anyway, I liked Star Trek. You just have to ignore the Ewok and it's fine. Tribbles, well, nothing's perfect.
    Hang on, Lucas didn't sue them for the Ewok?
    Also: Man, people really get down on MM. Don't take it personally, Mad Mask.
    I think it's that condescending tone and tendency to take offense at certain insults/comments. Similar to my argumentativeness.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemming's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Also: Man, people really get down on MM. Don't take it personally, Mad Mask.
    I think it's that condescending tone and tendency to take offense at certain insults/comments. Similar to my argumentativeness.
    Seconded. You're a nice kid as long as you don't take the high road and ignore other people's arguments. Which you might not do intentionally, but thats the vibe I get from you sometimes.
    ...Huh. That didn't get the tone I was hoping for.
    Oh well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

    O,,o

    Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.


    ...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Banned
     
    The Gremlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Seconded. You're a nice kid as long as you don't take the high road and ignore other people's arguments. Which you might not do intentionally, but thats the vibe I get from you sometimes.
    ...Huh. That didn't get the tone I was hoping for.
    Oh well.

    I do? Sorry, sometimes the arguments get lost in the flood. It's hard to reply to everything. I'm a busy man, I have tons of comics due!
    ...which I don't draw. Huh.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lemming's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ottawa
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post

    I do? Sorry, sometimes the arguments get lost in the flood. It's hard to reply to everything. I'm a busy man, I have tons of comics due!
    ...which I don't draw. Huh.
    I meant MM! XD
    You just get grouchy sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

    O,,o

    Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.


    ...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Banned
     
    X2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Secret Britain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Non-canon, as requested by Xartvye.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes!!!! Awesome, just awesome!!

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SinisterPenguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Yes!!!! Awesome, just awesome!!
    Why thank you.
    Avatar Battle Royale:
    Spoiler
    Show


    ABR signature by Darklord Bright.
    __________________________________________________

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Fawkes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    It wasn't an Ewok, it was an Ugnaught!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No, you can't advertise your rape how-to guide on my website.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Guys, stop speaking about what you hate in the Star Trek movie, I haven't seen it yet (it's also made as a new begining, so all the previous Star Trek stuff has nothing to do with it)

    Also; Science fiction require it to be future (doesn't matter how much but games like Resistance who seem scifi ain't cause it happens in the fifties) according to my teacher (we have to learn about basicly every genre in existance FYI) so none of this is science fiction (though it might have elements from scifiit just aint because of that)

    Now for the other stuff:

    @Maddy: I think the new avatar is nice

    @Crim: I personally don't think your characters look like whores but you should still have them wear something more (the one in green look like it belongs as a belly dancer for the sultan or something, and that's basicly a whore too FYI) but your art is good so I don't really mind
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

    Avatar by me.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ninja Chocobo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sydney

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Also; Science fiction require it to be future (doesn't matter how much but games like Resistance who seem scifi ain't cause it happens in the fifties)
    Whaaaaaaaat?
    Look at gorram Star Wars. It's like the first line in the movie. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    Avatar by me.
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show



  18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Nameless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    I'd say the Sovices definitely would come under the category of Sci-fi. And since they have a big role in FI... I'd say Nameless is right in it being sci-fi ish.
    Yay I'm right! *dances*
    Dear Princess Celestia,


    You faithful student,
    Nameless

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    Whaaaaaaaat?
    Look at gorram Star Wars. It's like the first line in the movie. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.
    I had the same reaction. Apparently Star Wars started a new genre or something (not something I have from school so ain't sure) possible the science fantasy one (magic and spaceship, YAY!)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

    Avatar by me.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Emperor Ing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ameritopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    YES!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird97
    Good, I like the quote for you do indeed frighten people beyond words.
    I make avatars. Want one? Yes, i'm accepting requests ATM.

    Furious, Mad, Evoker ITP
    Iron Avatarist: One:
    Randomizer, Overgod of Chaos by Vuilon

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tiffanie Lirle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Out of time

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Decent, but not as funny asScout chop

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground
     
    T-O-E's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Decent, but not as funny asScout chop
    I disagree.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tiffanie Lirle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Out of time

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I disagree.
    I disagree with your disagreeing.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground
     
    T-O-E's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Well, I disagree with your...

    Oh, forget it.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Emperor Ing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ameritopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    YES!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird97
    Good, I like the quote for you do indeed frighten people beyond words.
    I make avatars. Want one? Yes, i'm accepting requests ATM.

    Furious, Mad, Evoker ITP
    Iron Avatarist: One:
    Randomizer, Overgod of Chaos by Vuilon

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Airstrip One

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    What the-?

    I missed three pages and a discussion on what constitutes Science Fiction? That'll teach me to sleep...

    Still, Fat Fish Fury: Not Sci-Fi.
    Sorcerer Dude Strikes Back: Not Sci-Fi.
    The Pluperfect Plot: Intended to be Sci-Fi, but isn't.
    Future Imperfect: Not Sci-Fi.
    The Journey Home: Not Sci-Fi.

    Pretty much all of ABR falls under "Speculative Fiction", and most plots have Science Fantasy elements.

    Oh, and NC? Star Wars ≠ Science Fiction. It's a Space Opera, and Spec-Fic.
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-05-30 at 09:28 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ninja Chocobo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sydney

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Oh, and NC? Star Wars ≠ Science Fiction. It's a Space Opera, and Spec-Fic.
    Holy hell. If you could split atoms like you split hairs you could power a country on fission energy.
    It has robots and spaceships. That's not science fiction enough?
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    Avatar by me.
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show



  28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mad Mask's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westmount

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    What the-?

    I missed three pages and a discussion on what constitutes Science Fiction? That'll teach me to sleep...

    Still, Fat Fish Fury: Not Sci-Fi.
    Sorcerer Dude Strikes Back: Not Sci-Fi.
    The Pluperfect Plot: Intended to be Sci-Fi, but isn't.
    Future Imperfect: Not Sci-Fi.
    The Journey Home: Not Sci-Fi.

    Pretty much all of ABR falls under "Speculative Fiction", and most plots have Science Fantasy elements.

    Oh, and NC? Star Wars ≠ Science Fiction. It's a Space Opera, and Spec-Fic.
    For the first time in a long time, I agree with you, Keris.

    ^Star Wars has magic as the principal element of plot.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-05-30 at 09:41 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Falgorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    For the first time in a long time, I agree with you, Keris.
    Woah...you just made me smile. And that takes a lot. Make love not war!
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!
    Avatar by the amazing Teutonic Knight

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Nameless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXI: We're a Big, Happy, Dysfunctional Fam

    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    What the-?

    I missed three pages and a discussion on what constitutes Science Fiction? That'll teach me to sleep...

    Still, Fat Fish Fury: Not Sci-Fi.
    Sorcerer Dude Strikes Back: Not Sci-Fi.
    The Pluperfect Plot: Intended to be Sci-Fi, but isn't.Future Imperfect: Not Sci-Fi.
    The Journey Home: Not Sci-Fi.

    Pretty much all of ABR falls under "Speculative Fiction", and most plots have Science Fantasy elements.

    Oh, and NC? Star Wars ≠ Science Fiction. It's a Space Opera, and Spec-Fic.
    It's set in a futuristic world with advanced science, robots and laser guns, it's a freaking sci-fi fantasy god damn it!
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-05-30 at 09:51 AM.
    Dear Princess Celestia,


    You faithful student,
    Nameless

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •