New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Lightbulb [Creature] We will steal him...

In 'light' of the coming out of The Yuyu, the newest edition to the Brackenwood series, I give you these frightening beasties.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, take a look here:
    http://www.biteycastle.com/content/animation_brk.php

Though 'The Yuyu' just came out, its actually only a continuation of one of the earlier movies.

Here is the order in which they need viewed :
    Bingbong of Brackenwood
    Bitey of Brackenwood
    little Foot
    The Yuyu
    Prowlies At The River

-=-=-=-=-=-

Yuyu

Dimunitive Outsider (Extraplanar, Swarm)
    Hit Dice: 9d8 (40 hp)
    Initiative: +10
    Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), Fly 120 ft. (good)
    Armor Class: 23 (+6 dex, +3 natural, +4 size), touch 20, flat-footed 18
    Base Attack/Grapple: +8/-
    Attack: Swarm (Shadowsteal)
    Full attack: Swarm (Shadowsteal)
    Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
    Special Attacks: Distraction, shadowsteal, spell-like abilities
    Special Qualities: Dark flight, midnight chant, darkvision 60 ft., light sensitivity, locate creature, low-light vision, outsider traits, split, resistance to cold 5
    Saves: Fort +6, Ref +14, Will +8
    Abilities: Str 4, Dex 23, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 14, Cha 16
    Skills: Hide +30, Intimidate +15, Listen +15, Knowledge (arcana) +13, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +13, Knowledge (the planes) +13, Move Silently +18, Search +13, Spot +15
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Lightening Reflexes, Stand Still, Wingover
    Environment: Plane of Shadow
    Organization: Solitary or Eclipse (1-4 swarms)
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
    Advancement: -
    Level Adjustment: -

Yuyu are miniscule beings appearing as elongegated humanoid shaped shadows with two vaguely glowing white eyes and mouths filled with sharp, needle-like teeth. They are only found by the thousands in massive groupings as they search for victims to steal away. What they do with their prey only the victim knows, and the rare victim who escapes is rarely completely sane.

While in their persuit mode they form together into great billowing clouds of utter inky darkness.

Yuyu speak only their own language in a distorted, nerve-fraying voice though are also fond of chanting strange tunes as they persue prey.

Combat
    Though possessed of many strange abilities Yuyu prefer a victim who are indisposed to put up a struggle. They therefore prey upon sleeping or injured beings whenever possible, pulling them back to their pitch realm. If their victim is found to be more of a challenge than they suspected they persue them until daybreak. If the victim is able to elude capture till this time the Yuyu transport back to their realm until the next dusk when they seek out a new quarry.

Dark Flight (Ex):
    A Yuyu swarm can move six times its normal speed (720 feet) when it flies in persuit of its quarry. As well, a yuyu swarm blocks out all light in its area. Illumination of any kind, even magical, is unable to pierce the shadow.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature that begins its turn with a yuyu swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 14 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Light Sensitivity (Ex):
    Yuyu are blinded for 1d6 rounds from any sudden brightlight. As well they take 1d4 constitution damage every round they are exposed to natural sunlight.

Locate Creature (Sp):
    A Yuyu may use the Locate Creature spell at any time to track down their quarry. They may only use this ability in reguards to the creature they have most recently attempted to capture.

Midnight Chant (Su):
    A victim of the Yuyu who has been surrounded even once suffers disturbing dreams filled with their chanting. This causes the victim to be shaken for 1d4 hours upon awakening for a week. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.

Shadowsteal (Su):
    A Yuyu can attempt to surround a victim as a full round action. Those who begin their turn within a yuyu swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 17 reflex save or be surrounded. If having successfully surrounded, the Yuyu can attempt to pull their victim bodily into the Plane of Shadow unless their victim succeeds on a DC 17 will save. Those who make the will save remain in their current position. Each round they may make an additional reflex and will save to escape, though for each failure the save DC increases by 1. The Yuyu accompany their quarry into the plane. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Spell-like Abilities:
    3/day Shadow Walk (DC 17). Caster level 10. Save DC's are charisma based.

Split (Ex):
    As a standard action a the Yuyu may split into two identical swarms, each with half of the original’s current hit points (round down).

-=-=-=-

And, as always, my creatures are always considered PEACH (Please Examine and Critique Honestly)
    Last edited by The Vorpal Tribble; 2007-02-27 at 01:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: We shall steal him...

Ooh... cool. Ive always liked the Brackenwood series. Now that this is statted up... well I may have to use it in one of my games. :D

Have you statted up any of the other stuff from those videos? Id be interested in reading those.
    I used to do avatars on request, feel free to use them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Default Re: We shall steal him...

Quote Originally Posted by starwoof
    Have you statted up any of the other stuff from those videos? Id be interested in reading those.
    I actually statted up Bitey and the Yellow Thing a good while ago. Will see if I can find them. Only problem is I don't think my version of Bitey quite holds up with this most recent video.

He's, like, nearing epic in this'un.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: We will steal him...

Brackenwood is a small planet. Anyone can get going quick with moon gravity. ;D

Looks good VT, you make this monster thing look easy.
    "I'll give you a 10 second head start; if I catch you, I eat you."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrath
    Brackenwood is a small planet. Anyone can get going quick with moon gravity. ;D
    Yeah, yeah ;)

Except that he's going quick even for moon gravity, and beings used to low gravity would grow muscles accordingly.

Or Bitey and the 'foots are just freaks.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Just thought I might give this a bump

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

...eek.
    Very nice. Also very scary.
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler