The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now

Thread: The Everyweapon

1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Default The Everyweapon

I know I've seen this referrenced before. Isn't it a Sizing, Metalline, something that changes between slashing/bludgeoning/piercing weapon? Who can help me out?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Everyweapon

In my experience, the best option here is a well-armed warblade.
    ;)
    Last edited by Doc Roc; 2009-05-29 at 03:18 AM.
    Lagren: I took Livers Need Not Apply, only reflavoured.
    DocRoc: to?
    Lagren: So whenever Harry wisecracks, he regains HP.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Samson View Post
    I know I've seen this referrenced before. Isn't it a Sizing, Metalline, something that changes between slashing/bludgeoning/piercing weapon? Who can help me out?
    Morphing, and a Morning Star base (as you can switch between more weapon types, even Slashing if you know the trick to it).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Transmuting (+2) in the MIC allows you to overcome any DR except DR/- after the first attack. Shadowstriking (+3) from ???? overcomes all DR immediately. Pick which one you believe will be most relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

The humble bite. It deals bludgeoning/piercing/slashing damage automatically. With large size, you get reach with your bite. Add in a single Crusader level for Mountain Hammer and you have a bite that ignores all forms of DR.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

In 2nd edition there was a type of magical weapon or item that was called the 'Anything item'. Basically it could turn into anything within a certain range of sizes. Problem with them was some could only do it so many times, some could only turn into each thing once, etc. Still fun.

Sorry, I don't know what the 3e equivalent is. I'm sure it's out there. I'll take a look and post again.

obnoxious
    sig
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

A Sizing Metalline Dagger? Turns into cold iron, silver, adamantine and back to regular metal.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Shadowstriking's from ToM ;)

10. - Top - End - #10

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    I laughed SO HARD the first time I saw that. It's still funny, and thanks for the link.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

12. - Top - End - #12

I think what you're looking for is a Morphing weapon (from Underdark, and I think it was reprinted several times), which can turn into any weapon of the same size as a Standard Action. If you want to change sizes, you need to enhance it with Sizing (Complete Adventurer), which can change sizes as Standard Action. If you want to overcome any DR, then you need Shadow Striking (Tome of Magic). If you want to be proficient with every weapon (including every exotic weapon), you should consider a Haberdash build. Alternatively, you can enchant it with Skillful (Complete Arcane), which gives you proficiency in the enchanted weapon and a minimum of 3/4 BAB. If you want your body to be any weapon, then head into the Kensai prestige class (Complete Warrior), which allows you to enchant your fists as magic weapons. Give them Morphing, Throwing, and Returning or the superior Teleporting. Be a Warforged, and get access to Alter Self and/or Polymorph. Now you're a transformer, with rocket fists!

Interestingly enough, there's some great synergy between Morphing, Skillful, and Kensai. Morphing + Skillful = proficiency in everything, which gives you access to all the Haberdash combos. Perhaps more interestingly, Kensai improve the BAB and Saves of an ally by taking a penalty to yours. But your BAB is boosted back up to 3/4 by the Skillful enhancement, and you can cover your Saves with Tome of Battle maneuvers (Action Before Thought, etc) because your Concentration check is so high. I'm pretty sure I wrote out the full build a while back - though it might have been lost in the cleanup.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Ahahaha.

Also, you should always consider haberdash. ALWAYS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGirl

It's called a Sizing Morphing Metalling Weapon. One of the parties I'm in has one. It changes size, changes into any melee weapon, and changes metal. I think it's a +6 weapon? +5 or +6.
    "Experience is a good thing. You should hit it." - Lathandar to his Paladin, in response to her prayers for advice on what to do about a Holy Liberator

"Strahd turns into mist." - DM
    "And I turn into a hepa filter." - Lumieras

Quote of the Week:
    "If you go down south, you'll hear of Arthur Bartholomew Bartholomew, a man who changed a town." - Foster
    "Into dust?" - Owen

Characters: Kalinda Gray, Lawful Good Thief