New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fri's (somewhat) Witty and (not) Alliteratively Titled Doodle Thread

And now for something completely different.

Spoiler
    Show

Captain Jacobin is really a slavedriver. Can't we even have breakfast first before having mecha battles?

Alex Freeman, ready for take off!

Brrm... Pew Pew Pew!

Thankfully, all ends well.

And the artifact I was paid with was worth it!

Too bad that I don't have a fedora.
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-07-29 at 11:46 PM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fri's (somewhat) Witty and (not) Alliteratively Titled Doodle Thread

I drew small sketch today:

Spoiler
    Show
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

3. - Top - End - #243

That's really good, Kasanip.

On my end, haven't drawn anything for this last month, since I'm in my parent's house, except for some quick sketches that I draw spontaneously in a few minutes. I really should draw more of them, I find them helpful.

My characters for the SRWUG@ game, Herb Montgomery the travelling hobo artist and Epimetheus.

My character for Kamikasei's classic dnd game, Renard Walker the Ordinary Ranger.

And a spontaneous sketch of kamikasei-senpai.

I spent the vacation baking sweets and training my lucid dreaming techniques. Haven't got a success on baking a castella yet, even after I tried a couple of batches. I'm going to try another batch today!
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-09-05 at 08:31 PM.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244

Sadly both don't fare well. The third cake is another failure, and I still haven't managed to get regular lucid dreams.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245

Do you even need to ask? It's Sunset Riders!

The very first video game that I've ever bought...

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246

So, as I promised, I bought a blues harp recently.

I was torn between either this or an ukulele, but at the end I decided on a cheap harmonica since I always prefer a more melodic instrument. Sounds easier.

I always want to be able to play an instrument, but I never picked any since I thought I never had the knack for music. When people says they wish they had drawing talent, I always said that they should try to draw and practice instead. Thanqol's drawing thread made me realizes that it also covers me. So here I am. Let's see if I can't set aside an hour a day to practice this.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247

Just something that spontaneously appears on my canvas without I'm ever thinking about it.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuka
    Oh boy, genocide!
    Something like that?

Flower eyes just make me think of this though.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

I am curious why Yuuka is liked by you?

The harmonica character seems to be a good friend of Kamome maybe. They share many interest, like hair and headphones and music.

10. - Top - End - #250

Uhm... I like yuuka because... She's cute and eccentric?

My number one and two favourite touhou characters are cirno and rumia though.

That character with harmonica is James Redford, my character from cubey's long running tokusatsu/evangelion game. He play harmonica, yeah, he always wear headphones, and he can turn into a flaming chicken...

He might be a good friend with kamome, but he's awkward and not too confident when talking to girls though.

Most of my characters have skills that I wish I have...
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-09-21 at 08:10 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Uhm... I like yuuka because... She's cute and eccentric?
    Here, have another.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-09-21 at 08:40 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252

Thanks Prime. Yuuka is so cute.

Anyway, I'm still practicing harmonica everyday, especially since I don't have anything better to do.

Currently, my goal is to be able to play this. It's what I always want to be able to play with any instrument.

I have basic knowledge of music theory, from my school days, but I never actually play anything, and my grades are never well anyway. I know how to read musical scores, but that's it. I know next to nothing about chords or keys or whatelse.

So anyway, one of the tips I read is to record what you're playing, so this is me attempting to play that song almost exactly a week after I first touched my harmonica.

I just download the midi and convert it into sheets by notation musician. I'm never able to play by musical notation eventhough I know how to read them though, so I have to convert it into letter notation first. And I'm absolutely awful at picking notes from sounds. At least now.

My current goal is to be able to play in synch with the actual song!
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-09-25 at 02:20 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253

I was looking through my old stuffs and found the sketchbook that I used for most part of my college. Found a lot of old stuffs. So I think it'd be fun to redraw some of them.

This one is originally from... 2005 or 2006? I was having a plan to make some sort of webcomic back then.

The premise is a post-apocalyptic desert punk story about an unscrupulous jack-of-all-trade girl named Max and her sentient mini-tank, BG-1 (or Boogie) as they cheat, lie, and con people through the post apocalypse while occasionally saving people and finding the truth about what exactly is BG-1 and how the world ended up that way. On their journey, they'll find other sentient weaponries, not all are as well-behaved as Boogie, and learn stuffs about both of their past. Pretty standard. It was inspired by the anime Desert Punk/Sunabozu.

Then, I found out that there's actually an anime with almost an exact premise (titled The Third. I totally didn't know about that anime at that point) and I lost my spirit.

Actually, they would fit well with that other story/setting idea that I told here before.
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-09-26 at 04:42 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254

This is part of my 'let's redraw old stuffs' series, or to be proper, this time it's actually 3d modelling. I haven't touched 3d modelling since I graduated.

This is Alumunium Mallard, a space ship from my old Star Wars D20 PbP Campaign that I GMed back then. It's a space frighter, with retractable turrets. Obviously, this is a ship inspired by/in the line of Millenium Falcon and Ebon Hawk. And like the Falcon and the Hawk, this is supposed to be the party's transport ship/base.

I never tried making skin and material from the scratch before this. Took me a while, but finally finished it.

And if you're interested, this is the orthogonal projection of the ship, complete with size comparison.

Spoiler
    Show

Its size, length-width-height without turret is roughly 25x23x9 meters, about similar size category with Millenium Falcon and Ebon Hawk

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255

You know what I want to do lately? For some reason I'd like to try busking at least once. Not for money of course, I just want to try it once. You don't need to be good at something for busking, as long as you dare and able to play something. I think I'll try to do it after I manages to memorize this one particular song.

While we're talking about it, I also always want to try to quicksketch people for scraps. I mean, sitting in the corner of a busy place, offering extra quick mug sketch with soft pencil or charcoal for changes. But I'm never that good at quick sketching faces. Maybe after this I'm going to train myself exactly that eh?

And while we're at it, the Mecha Sky Pirates and War of the World games are back, yay!

edit: And something I draw for kasanip.

Last edited by Fri; 2011-10-06 at 09:34 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

Any of you ever feel the need of socking neo nazis on the face on top of a speeding train?

If so, this is your chance, since my game is re-recruiting! Just in case any of you're interested.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217868

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257

Urg. My spriggan game is still recruiting, but now I'm recruiting for another game of mine.

Mobile Guard ARM Unit Section One Recruitment

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258

It's been a while. I hope it's not thread necromancy yet. Job hunting is leaving me exhausted and depressed, that's why I'm not active in any of my usual activities. But lately, there's another thing that stopped me from posting drawings here though!

Spoiler
    Show

It's Uncharted Waters Online!

Lately I've been spending my time playing Uncharted Waters Online. It's an amazing game. It's a game set in the real world in the age of discovery, where you can get ducats and experience from actually adventuring, sailing through the seas, finding new discoveries and treasures... You barely even need to fight there if you want. Finally, an online game where I can really be an adventurer I always dreamed. Sailing my boat into the sunset....

I haven't drawn anything for a while. I'm getting really rusty.

The character in the left is Fri, my voyager from UWO. He's an adventurer/excavator, yeah, excavator is really a job there. He travels the world looking for valuable treasures and discoveries.

I managed to sail around europe using the provided starting dinghy pictured above. I feel quite great.

The character in the right is my character from the steampunk MMORPG Dungeons and Dragons Online, Riett Sparrowhawk. I like that game, though I rarely play that game lately, since I played UWO.

She's a Bard/Warchanter. As I wrote in her in-game biography, A Jack of All Trade, Master of Arms, Stealer of Hearts. I love being a bard, both in real paper DnD and DDO. In DDO, my bard can fight in melee quite effectively, support other people, distract enemies, even heal people in a pinch. Especially as warchanter where I get even more bonus at melee support. Really fun. It's funny how with the 'master touch' spell, she can really be a master of arms, since that spell gives her proficiency to any simple and martial weapons and shields for a day.

If you're playing any of those games, feel free to message me in-game!
    Last edited by Fri; 2011-11-12 at 02:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259

Just something that's been in my head for weeks about a current scene in the War of the World game. It's Elizabeth Shelley and Luis Cruz de la Vega.

Just think of it as an alternate bad ending of the game I guess... cough...

Finally, after putting this on paper, I can concentrate on doing other stuffs that's been put on hold. >_>

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

What a yandere!

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

It is a sad picture!

It is nice to see more of your pictures!

22. - Top - End - #262

I'm moving away, so my new room is still full of boxes that I can barely move around it right now. But I just have to draw this

I'm joining a sci-fi rpg as a leader of a sniper squad in martian militia, and I said to the GM that mami is perfect as her avatar.

So I jokingly ask, can I use mami's costume as the militia's uniform?

He said no, oh well, but this is the result of that musing.

A speed drawing, I'm rather proud of my speed for this.

Bonus:

Kasanip and Convenient Eris

Last edited by Fri; 2012-01-25 at 09:31 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263

Sketch of Allison and Will from Allison and Lillia. I think I said to my friend back then that Allison is my tsundere of choice? I'll color it one day, hopefully.

And uh, just Amamiya Yuuhi and Shinonome Mikazuki from Hoshi no Samidare as a buddy-cop series protagonist.

Just something that I draw randomly.

Hoshi no Samidare/Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer might be one of my favourite manga ever.

I mostly just posted this because I haven't posted anything for two months. I have a full-time job now, and it's really time consuming and tiring. I barely have time for anything now, so I must pick the use of my free-time carefully. I don't think I'll be able to draw anything much now. There goes my hope of improving my drawings, I guess.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    It's Bearded Owl of The Ocean, my newest character!

by the way, just a couple more pic until third page, yay.
    Exalted, or just possessing a cool name?
    Last edited by Doorhandle; 2012-03-11 at 04:40 AM.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

25. - Top - End - #265

Obviously Exalted

Here's his background story.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bearded Owl of the Ocean

Bearded Owl of the Ocean is an eccentric old man with big bushy beard covering his scarred face with a habit to yell to what he calls the youngsters, and drinks, usually at the same time. His one armed body is usually covered in loose, cheap-looking raiments as he wanders all over the west, selling fishes that he catches from place to place, though most of the time he just snores under the random coconut trees.

But when people talks with him, sometimes they can see that his eyes twinkled with intelligence and spirit that no drunken old men are supposed to have...

Bearded Owl of the Ocean was once known as The White Albatross, leader of the most powerful fleet in the navy of Wavecrest Archipelago. Clearly gifted from his younger days, he rose toward captaincy and usually regarded as one the greatest captain of his day. If he wasn't so eccentric in his way of life, with his unorthodox tactics and leadership, and if he's not always seen with a gourd of wine, he should have rose his rank even farther and faster. But he felt content in the frontline with his men, and even his opponents in the nation can’t ignore his talent and tactical genius.

There are no pirates too powerful for his fleet to tackle, and no mortal fleets can outflank them in the open sea. His fleet sail unopposed on Wavecrest’s sea.

Until one day. When one single, dark, supernatural warrior wiped the whole fleet by himself. His men’s training, his fleet’s weapons, his so called tactical genius, none matter in front of this non-mortal foe. The White Albatross recognized the being in front of him. It’s one of the so called Anathema. It’s a dark god’s champion, a dark exalted being…

He thought to himself. It’s so unfair. Do the mortals really don’t have any chance against supernatural creatures like this? So, battered and bloodied, with one arm left, he slowly rose and yelled to the dark being as it silently watched the destruction around it. And as he yelled, he launched one last punch with all of his strength and spirit. A punch so powerful and passionate that everyone that looked at it winced, even the dark being itself, even though he’s not supposed to feel anything. It’s a punch so spirited and full of power, that everyone can’t help but felt that the punch must be painful for its recipient.

And he exalted.

Noticed that he himself had become one of those powerful being, he let the navy thought that he died with his fleet, and he spent his time since wandering around the west, trying to make sure that the mortals can live their life without fearing those powerful, cheating supernatural creatures.

I never actually in fact played an exalted game for real, sadly, eventhough I've some characters for them. or some reason the game always ended very prematurely.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266

I'm still alive.

Recently I'm playing srw unlimited generation alpha, the livejournal LP. I'm submitting Elena as my next character there, and I'm drawing all of her avatars.

I just then realized that I could just use the standard expression chart. This one doesn't really fit that one, oh well.

As I said, I'm not drawing a lot lately because I have a full time job. I'm a professional subtitler now.

I spend at least 8 hours a day sitting in front of a monitor putting subtitles into shows. It's really a time-consuming job. I end up really tired at the end of the day, and I have to choose how to spend my free time carefully (gaming and sleeping kinda have higher priority than drawing).

Sigh, I wonder if I'd ever get my drawing better now.

At least I haven't actually started seeing subtitles in real life now. My senior co-workers are getting itchy when seeing badly placed subtitle when watching tv, always wanting to fix its placement.

Now I've drawn that, I can finally move to other things.
    Last edited by Fri; 2012-04-05 at 02:19 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267

My sniper cannot be this cute?

I had a weird dream. It's about a new tv series.

The tv series is about Kasanip as a rookie sniper/agent (of SHIELD I guess?) who's tasked to hunt down Wolverine that's gone rogue for some vague yet good reason.

...Yeah, it's been a while.
    Last edited by Fri; 2012-05-07 at 07:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

It has been a long time since to become topic of the dream of Fri. Always it is interesting ideas like RP stories or movies or tv show. I wish to have good imagination like Fri. But Kasanip would be a poor sniper.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

I like how you can tell Wolverine has gone rogue because he's wearing a suit.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270

Well, at least wolverine is weak against cute young girls.

Anyway I made an opening of my future PbP game, Hardboiled in Steam. It's supposed to be a noir detective game set in steam/magipunk setting.

Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F2T1YV6xJE

I draw all those in one caffeine fueled bender/night, except one, can you guess which one? Anyway, some of them might have been too hastily drawn, like the one with wolf, or example, what a shame. I considered on redrawing some of those, but it's too late by the time I realized, since I already put them in the video, and I'm not in the same mood/mindset anymore.

here's the pics in one picture.

Spoiler
    Show

Maybe I'll make an edited version one day in the future if I'm bored or something.

Spoiler
    Show