New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Fri's (somewhat) Witty and (not) Alliteratively Titled Doodle Thread

And now for something completely different than the previous darkness. This is another spontaneous drawing, just because I want to draw something based on a dream again.

This is based on an old dream of mine, that I dreamed a few years ago. Something kinda cheerful and colourful, maybe uncharacteristically so?

In that dream, I flew to a faraway land beyond the cloud, where I found out a colourful land where baloons grew in trees or vines, and people were able to fly around using baloons they picked from the plants. It's a very happy and colourful place, and I enjoyed my time there, before going back home.

But the next time I went there, the land had turned into something dark and gloomy. The reason is, there's mysterious thorny vines that grew all over the place, and the vines released thorny flying seeds that permeates the air around the place. Because of that, people there couldn't fly freely again, because the thorny seeds will pop the baloons. It's obvious that there's villainy afoot!

It's all up to me to return the freedom of flying to the place.

Uncharacteristichally cheery for my dream?

Anyway, I guess I could talk about the nature of my dreams here. I don't dream faces. That's why I can dream about people who I've never met. I actually also often dream about my other online aquintainces as well.

So that's why it seems that I often dream about you, Kasanip! I hope you won't mind.
    Last edited by Fri; 2012-05-20 at 08:59 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

2. - Top - End - #272

Default Re: Fri's (somewhat) Witty and (not) Alliteratively Titled Doodle Thread

It's summertime for most people now, but I'm not in the sunny mood at all. In fact, I've been rather deeply depressed for a while for some reason. This might be the worst slump of depression I've had since my graduation. I don't know why, I can't really explain it. But it's just a combination of various factor. I don't have the mood to do anything, not even posting or watching anime or playing video games. I can't feel any happiness from doing any of those right now.

And I'm not in college or school anymore, so summer time isn't a vacation time anymore. I miss the days when summer means fun time. I miss my home, but I dunno when I can even visit it again.

Maybe this is what they call in japan as 'May Sickness'? (eventhough it's not may anymore)

I haven't posted anything for a while.

This is my latest character, Konstantin Fortunato Antonis the noble swordman (some people might know that I based the pic on an old pic of mine), and hissummoned armor, the fox-harlequin themed armor called Reynard.

I'm currently preparing for my detective game, but while preparing for it I got a great urban fantasy story idea that I really like.

It would make a great light-hearted pbp game, or even a webcomic. I realized I'd love to DM this game, but I'm not sure that I'd be able to recruit players, since even my current detective game is still recruiting and I haven't even managed to got a single character sheet.

I got the idea from reading Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer/Hoshi no Samidare again. Some people might know that it's one of my very favouirte manga. So this story would be very much inspired by Hoshi no Samidare and The World End With You/Subarashiki Kono Sekai

The story would be set in a current, modern town (maybe japanese town.) The main characters wake up realizing that they're missing one important person, maybe a brother, a sister, or a lover, but nobody else beside them even remember that the person ever exist. The main character remember that before their dissapearance, the person was involved with a strange ragtag group of misfits. And you often see the group with a mysterious person in a cartoonish bunny costume...

I imagine the story would basically urban fantasy, with psychic/magic power set in the real world, and it would be full of shenanigans...
    Last edited by Fri; 2012-07-02 at 08:06 AM.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

I hope you feel good soon! I don't think it is May Sickness. But I am sorry to hear problems of Fri! Fight!

I like idea of your comic and game. It seems interesting for me.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

4. - Top - End - #274

Thanks Kasanip. It does makes me feel better. I hope you're doing well with your exam and your projects as well.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #275

It was a good run.

I wish we'll have a chance to play again. I really do.
    Last edited by Fri; 2012-07-14 at 11:58 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276

Oh man, I forgot to update this thread. Is it past necromancy date already? I really hope it's fine.

so it won't be just a text update...

a quick design for Konstantin's partner's armor. It's supposed to be a witch+armor+comissar.

Last edited by Fri; 2012-10-29 at 06:42 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277

It's my birthday today!

I made myself a cake.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy birthday! And yum, strawberries.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

9. - Top - End - #279

Happy birthday!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Full comic is unnecessary at this point.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy Birthday Fri!

12. - Top - End - #282

Thank you guys

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283

Sigh, I don't know if I'll ever draw anything again. I'm feeling very depressed lately. But I don't want this thread to move past the expiration date yet, so I'm posting this poem I made years ago, yet perfectly fit my current situation.

What is saudade, you asked me?

just that longing reminiscence

that bitter feeling

for those sweeter times

that had gone by, elapsed, ended

spent

as past hope, past promise

past love

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Sigh, I don't know if I'll ever draw anything again. I'm feeling very depressed lately. But I don't want this thread to move past the expiration date yet, so I'm posting this poem I made years ago, yet perfectly fit my current situation.

What is saudade, you asked me?

just that longing reminiscence

that bitter feeling

for those sweeter times

that had gone by, elapsed, ended

spent

as past hope, past promise

past love
    Dear Fri,
    Spoiler
    Show

I want to tell across any distance, that Fri always helped me when I was depressed and sad.
    Thank you for being a good friend.
    I want to show my support for you, too!
    I want to cheer for you!
    Even when very dark,
    there are always stars shining in the sky.
    Please smile again soon.

I want to see Fri's drawings, too.

When I am sad, I like this song.
    KOKIA [The Power of Smile]

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

I can't draw anything like Kasanip, but I can offer my support. No matter how bad things go I'll always be your internet friend!

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286

So it's been almost a year since I draw anything. I'm feeling much better lately, so I decide to get back drawing. The mods said it's okay that I resurrect this thread instead of making a new one.

Even back then my drawing wasn't that good, but here goes nothing.

These are the first drawings I've ever done after my hiatus. My character and a friend's character from a short lived Legend of the Wulin game. I guess I'm lucky that the game is short lived, because if not, I'll have to draw all of the characters . My character is inspired by Joseph Joestar from Jojo's Bizarre adventure, by the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

My character and a friend's character from another game. It's based on a joke scene in the game. How lewd.
    Spoiler
    Show

And finally, what's a Fri art thread without dream story. If I have to make a new thread, I'll just name it Fri's Dream Diary or something.

Amy from Suisei No Gargantia reminded me of Kamome a lot. Back then when I was watching it I had a dream where I live in Gargantia as a NEET, with my brother who works as a dentist, and for some reason, Kamome/Kasanip works there as a doctor. It's a strange dream.
    Spoiler
    Show

And finally, something based on a long dream of mine about Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin.
    Spoiler
    Show

First, well, there’s a short scene where I was a cadet in training for the Titan military thingy. For some reason, I was holding a hug pillow for the whole training. Apparently there’s a Titan incursion somewhere near my hometown. I went there with a team.

In my dream, the setting isn’t Attack on Titan’s walled town, but in the real modern world. With modern technology and such. So we rode a squad car to my home town. The Titan attack was in the neighboring town. The squad sent was basically the best of the best, Mikasa, Levi, and such, so I have no worry at all. Besides, I’m not part of the team. I’m only tagging the squad car because apparently it’s summer vacation or something I’m allowed to go home for a while. Eventhough I call it my hometown, and in my dream I thought about it as so, it’s actually my college town. Or even, inside my college, but it’s a town in the same time.

So anyway, the recon team went to contain the attack, and Dot Pixis (but he’s a female in my dream) commented about how I was a good cadet and I’m going to be a good soldier, told me to go home, and commented about how strange it was to bring a hug pillow everywhere.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that the uniform is different here. The anti-titan soldiers wear a black three-piece suit complete with a tie, and a long coat. Awesome.

I went to my place, and unpacked my 3d maneuver gear, put down the silly hug pillow, and prepare to rest and such. I still have no worry at all. Then I heard a voice that made my heart jump. I looked at the window, and saw a movement. It’s a Titan.

I was scared beyond belief. I gathered everyone in the building, and told them that there’s a monster outside and they should all go hide in the basement. Strangely, apparently nobody knows about Titan in my dream setting. But for some reason they believed me. There’s some chaos, where I was stuck in the basement in the middle of the crowd, but I managed to get back upstairs. I fumbled around, equipping my 3d maneuver gear. But I don’t have the uniform yet, I just wore a t-shirt and a jacket.

And crash. A hand crashed through the wall. The titan smiled through the wall and grabbed a person. I freaked the hell out and run outside.

I fly around with the 3d maneuver gear, apparently I’m good enough with it, and watched as the Titan ate the person and started to destroy the building. I wanted to attack, but, I was so scared. It was just a small one, a 5 meter class or something, but you apparently don’t understand how scary a Titan is before seeing it with your own eyes.

So I ran away. I was a coward. I thought, it’s just a stray Titan from the incursion that’s being contained by the awesome team. They’ll arrive here soon and kill it. I fly around for a while like Spiderman, resting on top of buildings, and thinking. I then realized the reason for the uniform. Apparently, the wire from the 3d maneuver gear whip around and it’d burn your skin or something if it’s unprotected, you can imagine it. My arm was full of welts.

Then I saw a swat-like team, looking like the military from the original Half-Life. I also saw my friends in a parked car, chatting, laughing, like there’s no care in the world. For some reason, I thought the SWAT team was going to kill all witness, like in Half Life. I called my friends,

Sobbing, explaining that they should drive the car and get away from the back (of the college). They asked what was I doing cosplaying, but they shrug their shoulders and agreed. I fly back to a building, and looked at them as they drive away, and heard they talk and realizing that because of my sobbing, they thought I said “drive to the back of the college, I’ll park your car there”

Damn, I thought, but there’s no time to catch them. I spied at the SWAT team, one of them climbed the building I’m at for some reason. He shot at the hiding me with his smg, but when I popped out he stopped shooting.

I asked about him, what’s the situation, and he explained that the Titan has been destroyed. I let loose a sigh of relief. We chat for a while, he’s saying about how the Anti-Titan team was useless drain on the city’s budget. He asked, am I supposed to be the Anti-Titan put in my home town? I said to him no, I’m just a cadet and I’m here for vacation, and each city is supposed to have an Anti-Titan team put there, but that’s still the plan for the future. (more setting explanation!).

I then realized something. I asked him, how did they kill the Titan. He said, the team just barraged the Titan with machine guns and such, and the Titan went down quite easily.

Damn, I didn’t have time to explain to him, gathered my guts, and fly away. I run around for a while, looking for the sign of the Titan, the city/college looks peaceful enough. When I tried to unsheathe my swords, I then realized that eventhough I can use the 3d maneuver gear good enough, apparently I have trouble flying and holding swords at the same time. I don’t know how I’m supposed to fight the Titan that way, but I thought, damn, I’ll think about it later, and I sheathed my swords back

Then I saw a commotion. It’s a group of normal policemen fighting Titans. And yes, it’s not just one, there were TWO of them. And none of them were the same Titan that I run away from previously. I run toward the policemen, telling them that ordinary arms are useless against the Titan, you have to slice the back of their head. Then I run toward the Titan, readying myself to fight like the soldier I’m supposed to be. I hoped that I could hit the Titan while they’re still distracted by the policemen at least. I tried to unsheathe my sword, but as I said before I have trouble with my swords. This time, apparently they’re stuck behind the 3d Maneuver gear or something. I panicked and tried to yank them as hard as I could to free my swords. And apparently, I yanked the sword so hard that my arms moved in the real life, and it hit the wall beside my bed. I then woke up.
    Last edited by Fri; 2013-09-07 at 04:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287

Old School Hack is a great system.

Today, in me my friend's boardgame session, we were wondering what game should we play. And out of nowhere, I suggested that we play an RPG instead. I introduced my two friends to this system, printed the rules and character sheet (only twenty and so pages!), explained to them the rules in about half an hour or so, then we play. One of them never even touched a pnp rpg before.

It was an improptu, completely spontaneous session where I didn't plan anything and I just completely wing everything, but it worked so great and we agreed to make this into a campaign. Here is the after action summary of the session. Mind you, once again, I completely didn't plan any of this, and just blab things out of my mind. So how to read this is, imagine that each paragraphs are made without thinking about what the following paragraph would be about. I’m really proud that everything somehow turned into a narrative.

We didn't actually set the setting, but somehow it ended up into an alternate universe 19th century fantasy steampunk of our world.

The game started in the airship Flying Potato, flying a route from an unnamed city in Russia to Batavia (nowadays known as Jakarta).

One of my friends played a naughty playful male priest of the god of hedonism, and another played a cold tsundere female thief. The priest is travelling the world to preach his god, and the thief is adventuring for valuable ancient relics. The priest kept telling everyone that he’s personally sent by the Tsar, nobody knows if it’s true.

Then suddenly, sirens blared, and goblins jumped onto the deck out of nowhere. The ship was attacked by sky pirates! The priest tried to negotiate with the goblins, but failed, and some of the goblins entered the ship. The priest then decided to open combat with a surprise attack at the goblins on the deck.

In short, chaos ensued, a hostage was killed, the thief got conked by the priest’s holy boomerang once on purpose. The thief managed to kill most of the goblin, leaving one. The one goblin then started screaming for help. The priest tried to capture and gag him, but failed, and they hear flapping sound. A man riding a dragon landed on the ship.

Both of our heroes successfully hide as the new foe threatened the ship's passengers. But for some reason the priest tried to sneak somewhere, and he was spotted.
    Somehow, the priest managed to bluff the man with the dragon that his holy symbol is a personal gift from the Russian Tsar, and worth more than the ship. The man rode his dragon away, but not before setting fire to one of the ship’s engine.

The thief managed to field-repair the ship’s engine, and the ship crashlanded in the middle of a forest.

The ship’s passengers hailed the two PC as heroes. One of the passenger is a rich merchant, and he gives the pc a selection of magical item as a reward, and promised more reward if he can reach Batavia. They picked a pair of bracers that can start fire.

They’re safe, but they’re now in the middle of a forest. The captain asked for volunteers for a scout party. The two heroes volunteers. The captain looked at his map, and pointed out that a city should be nearby.
    But before that, the party decided to rest for a bit to recover their health. The priest decided to preach, and the thief decided to liberate the more well-to-do passengers from their valuables. The thief got richer, and the priest got some new convert. He even managed to ask two of them to join the scout party. The ship provided the party with some weapons and armors, and they went on their journey.

Some good awareness rolls got them to their right way, and they even managed to spot a village. They snuck nearby, and found out that it’s a peaceful goblin village. They do some silly stuffs there, but most importantly, they got some info that there’s a ruin nearby, and there’s been a human who’s been recruiting the village’s youngsters to do bad stuffs. The priest wanted to continue straight to the town, but ancient ruins are exactly what the thief want. They debated for a while, and the thief won. They decided to check the ruin.

Some good awareness rolls again means they found a goblin walking around, wearing the sky pirate uniform. They decided to follow it. It led them to a clearing, where a group of goblins are excavating a ruin.

The goblins were talking about how they’re waiting for their leader to come back. The thief want to just watch them for a while, but the priest decided to sneak into the ruin before their boss came back. The priest also pretend to bless the npc scouts’ weapons, which he succeeded, and made the scouts braver (eventhough there weren’t any mechanical benefit).

He failed at the sneaking though, and the goblins attacked. He ordered the scouts to defend the ruin, while he entered a hole deeper into the ruin. There he found a golden statue. He failed his check for traps, but decided to took it anyway. Nothing happened. He checked his knowledge, and only knew that the statue is a statue of a forgotten god.

Meanwhile, the two npc scouts were killed outside. Tragic.

The priest climbed back out and when the sunray touched the golden statue, suddenly cloud gathers and the sky darken. And many goblin zombies rose up from the clearing! The priest commanded the goblins to follow him to the forest, which he succeeded, while the thief charged their new, fire-making magic-bracer. The thief managed to burn all the zombies, and the priest managed to convince the goblins to go back to the village.

The heroes asked the village chief and the pirate goblins about the ruin and the idol, but the chief only know that it’s a ruin considered forbidden by them, and the pirate goblin also know nothing, they’re just tasked by their boss to excavate the ruin.

For their success in convincing (some) of their youth to come back to the village, the village chief wanted to give the party some reward, but the priest said that they didn’t need any reward, just that the goblin will remember this in the future. So the village chief gave them an amulet, saying that it’s a symbol of the goblin’s trust, and in the future, if they need a help from friendly goblins, they just need to show that amulet.

The heroes continued their way, and they reached the city. They contacted the authority, and told everything that happened except for the events at the ruin. The authority then worked to send a rescue party to the ship, and the party were free on themselves. They decided to look for information about the statue. But on the way, the thief caught a homeless street kid trying to pickpocket them. The priest decided to bring the kid to his temple, to turn him into an acolyte.

The party shows the head priest the golden statue, and told him about the events in the ruin. The head priest told that the god is forgotten because any record about it in history had been erased. The head priest said that a professor in the university that should know more about it, but begged them to not tell anyone about the statue and just destroy it. The party decided to ignore him.

On their way out, they met the homeless kid, who said he didn’t want to be an acolyte, and told them that if they bring him out of there, he’ll introduce them to the leader of the street kids. The party agreed, and the kid led them to his gang.

The party asked the gang about what news were there in the underground world. They found out that someone had been recruiting youths to do something, and a sky pirate group had been attacking ships transporting relics. It turned out, unknown to them, the Flying Potato was also transporting relics.

The party decided to check the local magic institute before going to the history professor. They decided that they wanted to meet the dean. Without any credentials, the secretary rebuffed them though. But the thief threatened the secretary, and they were brought to the dean.

They asked the dean about what kind of relic can raise zombies, but didn’t tell anything about their relic or the events at the ruin. The dean talked about how it’s relatively easy to make a relic that can raise a single zombie, but a relic that can raise many zombies were unheard of. This made the party realized that their relic might have world shattering importance.

Then they went to the history professor. This time, they had the introduction from the head priest, so no secretary were stopping them. This time they directly showed the relic to the leather-jacket-wearing, whip-holding history professor. The professor was surprised, because just not a long time ago, he just retrieved a similar-looking relic from a ruin in the forest of Malaysia. It was a golden amulet, with a face similar to the party’s statue. The party asked if there were anything happened when the amulet was retrieved, but the professor said he got some knowledge beforehand that the amulet wasn’t supposed to be touched by sun ray, so he hide the amulet well, and nothing happened.

The amulet was being curated. The party asked the professor to show them the amulet. And of course, the amulet looked similar to the statue. The party debated what they should do next, when suddenly, there’s a ruckus outside. The priest managed to convince the professor to go check outside. The party peeked from a window, and they can only see fire.

The party concluded, it must be the man with the dragon. The priest was going to put their golden statue to the sunlight, when the thief told him she had a better idea. The thief swiped the golden amulet, and held it out of the window, to see what would happen.

And the session ended in that cliffhanger.

I also don't know what would happen next .
    Last edited by Fri; 2013-10-05 at 03:26 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Old School Hack is a great system.
    It is isn't it? I just started looking at it.

Also, glad to see you're back on the wagon!
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

19. - Top - End - #289

Now for something completely different! 3d art!

It was my birthday yesterday! I made myself an edible minimalist art. Notice the slight imperfection at the top right corner, symbolizing man's impatience and inability to restrain themselves in front of temptation.

I think it could use more brown.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Completely intentional, I'm sure.

I wished you happy birthday in chat already, but I can do it again here.
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2013-10-31 at 09:28 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291

Happy birthday! So you're entering the terrible twos, eh?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry it is a late [Happy Birthday] message for Fri.

I'm sorry a picture couldn't be drawn for this happy occasion. However, it is hoped that it was enjoyed very much by Fri.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Barbarian in the Playground

I shall watch this thread. And in it, I shall also wish a happy birthday.
    Playground in the Playground

24. - Top - End - #294

I'm not dead, only mostly... dead.

An attempt of a quick drawing and coloring after a while, that takes too much time. Konstantin and Mon-mon.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

I don't like being an adult. I was sick for a couple of days, but work was relentless. I work as a subtitler in a translation company, and I worked from morning until late night for the last couple of days subtitling tv programmes about fishing. I don't even like fish. It's a wonder I'm not seeing fish everywhere.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Look on the bright side. At least it's not Ancient Aliens and crappy reality shows anymore!

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh no, the Coralians are real!
    Playground in the Playground

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

I am talking to a friend about E7 literally at this moment. Talk about a coincidence.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Please get well soon! It's always nice to see Fri's pictures.

30. - Top - End - #300

It's been a while, and I'm still alive. It's just I kinda lost my confidence on myself on a many things. If someone who I promised something, but I never did, read this, sorry.

But I hope I can be back soon. For example, I'm kinda thinking of a silly spontaneous pbp campaign about hats. I'm also still thinking all the time about my pet setting, the one with steam and magic, which I really should name one of these days.

But for starter, here's the latest drawing I've drawn, about one or two months ago. It's about the epilogue of a game I played, where a character end the game by starting a detective agency, my character, Elena Ivanov (the girl in the right), joined her crush's detective agency, and the end of that game is just the beginning of their adventure!

Last edited by Fri; 2014-06-06 at 11:36 AM.

Spoiler
    Show