New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Banned

Default Re: Fri's (somewhat) Witty and (not) Alliteratively Titled Doodle Thread

Joshua is so annoying, abrasive and all-around unpleasant that he warps around to being awesome. The guy has made an art of being as horrible as possible to be around for Neku.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fri's (somewhat) Witty and (not) Alliteratively Titled Doodle Thread

Spoiler-free commentary:

Joshua's an a-hole, but he's an incredibly amusing a-hole. Terrible person, but great character.

The best part about Beat is his SHOCK! pose. BWAAAAAH!
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2010-04-14 at 09:46 AM. Reason: You censor "*******" but not "bitch", forum? C'mon...

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    Joshua is so annoying, abrasive and all-around unpleasant that he warps around to being awesome. The guy has made an art of being as horrible as possible to be around for Neku.
    Yeah, but I already had Neku himself for that.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have a very anime-ish dream last night. In that dream, I'm a transfer student to a class of girls in highschool, and I'm the only boy. For some reason, I'm the vice class president there. All the girls are either ignore me or hostile to me. But the most hostile is the class president. And I must try to soften their heart....

...clearly a premise for a harem anime
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-05-02 at 09:56 PM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

I had a weird dream myself last night; I couldn't get to sleep due to the pain of having scolded my hand while making myself a hot chocolate before bed and spent the entire night staring at my clock or the back of my eyelids.

...except it wasn't a dream. *redresses burn*
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    I have a very anime-ish dream last night. In that dream, I'm a transfer student to a class of girls in highschool, and I'm the only boy. For some reason, I'm the vice class president there. All the girls are either ignore me or hostile to me. But the most hostile is the class president. And I must try to soften their heart....

...clearly a premise for a harem anime
    You should draw such a picture.

I hope soon I have another interesting dream.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    You should draw such a picture.

I hope soon I have another interesting dream.
    Nah, it won't be a very interesting picture, kasanip . The one that might make an interesting picture is this dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Anyway, I just got this awesome, steampunk-ish dream. That somewhat related to this thread.

It was set where naval power was still the main power of countries. About just before world war one.

And there's this superweapon, some sort of ship mountable cannon. This cannon supposedly make ships with it undefeatable

There're only three ships with this cannon. One UK's, one dutch's and the other one is german/prussian's I think.

I know this because in my dream, it's changing between I'm the main character and I'm reading a manga about it. Yeah

So, in my dream UK was building the second cannon. But it was stolen! And somehow it's my fault. So, me and a female british researcher, had to go across europe to track for it.

On our journey, we met a chinese ninja, that hated me for some reason. But it seems that the chinese is also interested in that cannon, so he (or is it she?) helped us. We have some adventure together, then we parted way with the ninja.

In the mean time, the dutch's supership met with the ship with the stolen cannon in the sea! They fought, but the dutch's ship was easily defeated (they're like Union in gundam 00, the third party that nobody cared about).

After some while, finally, me and the british researcher were able to track the villain's base.

But my partner was captured!

I contacted the chinese ninja to help me, and he come with a bunch of other ninjas. We then assaulted the villain's base. As we managed to reach the villain's ship... he held my partner as hostage! He asked me to give him british's last cannon, or he'll kill my partner.

It'll make his ship to be the most powerful ship in the world! nothing can stand against him

...And I gave the cannon to him.

Then, suddenly. It's 'end of episode one.'

I woke up right after that, saying What the hell?

Sadly, I haven't got the second episode yet. But I speculate that it'll involve the German, since the dutch's ship was destroyed and the British's ship is rendered useless.
    Sadly, I don't get the sequel
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68

I had a dream where I was vacationing in a beach somewhere. And some mysterious guys offered me a job to collect pearl oyster or something. but the catch is, they're in some remote part of the beach or something.

as I got there with some other people, I realized that this is really suspicious. So me and a friend checked the only building around, that is an abandoned train station.

but before we can do anything, a bunch of police popped out from the toilet and arrested those mysterious guys, and we found out that the polices had got their hidden cache of weapons. And it turned out that one of their accomplice is morgana the witch from arthurian legend, and she's making a magic circle inside the station, most likely intending to use us as part of it. but the magic circle didn't work, because for some reason, there's a strong white magic cancelling it. I remembered that a lot of places with strong magical energies had also been sealed with a similar energy, for some reason. A node located on top of a giant dragon head's statue for example.

And.. I can't remember anything else. But I'm not here just to ramble about my dream. I'm here to post this!

It's Alexandra and Elizabeth! To celebrate the return of our game after a hiatus.
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-05-10 at 01:06 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69

Sure Alexandra, you blush, but we can all see where you've got your hand.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Banned

She's apparently lesbian to go with being kuudere. Odd since i never put that in there while i've been playing her.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Preface: I was an aspiring art major in college but good sense took some time off and I ended up majoring in something else because I was an arrogant teen. (Gee, Captain O., what next? Are ya gonna tell me the sky is blue?) That said, I did do all my basic studio classes, art history requirements, and still have a very active interest in the process of making art. I'm trying to be helpful, and if I seem harsh, I apologize in advance. I take arts very seriously.

Okay, first off, I really like your first offering and the one in post #23, I think it's a great stylistic thing you have going on and would like to see more in that kind of vein. The image in post #40 was pretty cool, too. #31 might have benefited from inverting the colors and making the lines less clean, give it a bit of woodblock print feeling.

Secondly, are you really a failing art student? As in, taking art classes and getting <60%? Art school, university, college, community college? Is art actually something you're getting a degree in/thinking about getting a degree in, or are you using elective classes? (It actually makes a difference.)

NOW, if you're an actual art major student, chances are pretty good you've heard or at least been told all of the following things, but it's still good to get third party verification. Sometimes profs actually do give sound advice! (It's LONG!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Third, people are going to say some things that are going to hurt your pride. Artists need skins like rhinoceros hide. Show your work to anyone who will give it a look, try to embrace honest critique of your work. If you get, "It sucks!"--and this is the hard part--ask specifically why the person feels that way. If you get an, "I don't know why," try again for a specific reason. Remember, this is going to be painful, but ultimately it WILL help you if you can get honest answers about "what's wrong" with it.

I notice that pretty much all of your images are anime/manga type. Some people don't go for that, and if that's why "it sucks", then you're not really going to get helpful critique from those people; move on to others who will give you a proper appraisal.

Range. It really does help to go outside your comfort zone or experiment with styles other than the one you're primarily interested in. Bust out with some realism, or emulate Picasso's cubist works, go all symbolic, dance with impressionism. I dislike several of the masters' works on a personal level, but from the technical aspect, and knowing what the artists were trying to do (expanding art knowledge, "pushing the envelope"), I can appreciate it in that way. I even try to give some credit to Jackson Pollack, gods I try.

Media. Experiment with things other than your PC graphics prog. Pencil, pen, scratchboard, charcoal. Watercolor is easy to clean up, but it's actually one of the most unforgiving paint mediums. Acrylic is a good choice, almost as easy to clean and better for layering colors. Oils can be very rewarding, but they're also a huge pain in the ass. We'll assume that your doodling is mostly going to stay within the confines of pencils or pen & ink. Get a smudge stick, which is basically rolled up newsprint, you can even use tissue wrapped on your finger.
    I used to live in a world of terrible beauty, and then the beauty left.
    Dioxazine purple.

12. - Top - End - #72

Wow! Thanks for your comment. Don't worry, unlike some people, I'm not allergic to criticism. In fact, I prefer them.

But first, yes, I'm a failing art student. Or to be precise, I'm a failing design student. My major is product design, that is the bard of college majors, and the stuffs I draw here, is what I draw in my free time.

I used to use watercolor and soft pastel beside cg, but yes, I haven't used them in quite a while.... your comment make me miss them.

Anyway, really, thanks for your comments, and I'll brood on them like a good art student

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

I realized I never put my 3d works here. I don't have much of them though...

Steamknight! Something I made in my free time based on a bad drawing of mine

the dolled up version:
    Spoiler
    Show

I sadly lost the files at a hard disk crash, with a lot of other things so I can't work on it anymore.

And this is something that I work when I'm apprenticing at my college's manufacture research and design buerau.

A Ram Pump. It's just an example of what I'm doing in my major.

Last edited by Fri; 2010-05-10 at 07:03 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74

In the end, mostly a waste of time. A lot different than my original plan, and a lot worse.
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-05-25 at 08:47 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75

some people might know that lucifer and the biscuit hammer (aka hoshi no samidare) is one of my favourite manga.

I just got a very L&BH-ish dream, and I write this here mainly so I won't forget it.

anyway, for some reason the dream got a main character that isn't me. I'm there, but the main character isn't me. it's like watching a movie or something.

the main character is a very shy and introverted, and slightly misanthropic black haired girl. just say it's a cross between amamiya and whoever that mantis knight's name.

for some reason, she got a power to summon a translucent animal to fight beside her, but nobody beside her can see it. She used it to fight monsters at night, which only she can see too. She never told it to anyone because she can't be sure whether it's real or it's just her imagination.

that goes on for a while, until suddenly, a few people in her highschool got that power too. She didn't noticed until she heard some people talking about it in lunchbreak or something. Just then she realized that it's not her imagination, and she overcame her shyness to notify them that she also got that power.

they fight the monsters together in secret, until finally they got 10 people that they know got this power, including me.

there's also the most popular and extroverted guy in school, the main character's yuritastic only friend, and a pair of elementary school student with broken home.

(but for some reason, some people including me stll can't summon the animals, but somehow we know that we got that power)

the ending is a bit.... strange.

the elementary schoolers' father turns out to plan a bank robbery. they used the two elementary schoolers to help them/as hostage.

we found out, and decided to help, but realized that suddenly, none of our powers worked.

so in the end, there's a dramatic shootout, somebody were forced to kill one of the bank robber with their own hand, and we all decided to pretend that it was an accident.

And I woke up.

Except for the end, really Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer-ish.
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-06-15 at 08:55 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76

Lily and Mr Bubbles from the Pokemon Blue LP!
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-05-31 at 03:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77

Kasanip and a deer
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-06-05 at 04:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not sure whether to daw or lawl...

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
    I'm not sure whether to daw or lawl...
    Dawl maybe?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-06-04 at 04:41 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Dawl maybe?
    Don't you bring Wilbur into this. Spot the reference.

21. - Top - End - #81

Just had another dream that I felt like to draw.

This time it's a war drama. And involves kasanip again... I think I should start to pay you royalty... m(_ _)m

Yeah, it's the space battleship yamato.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Who's Captain Generic at the front?

23. - Top - End - #83

The other protagonist and my unnamed rival for kasanip. No one we know, just a character from my dream.
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-07-01 at 06:07 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

The cast of mecha sky pirates, powerwalking with style.

Last edited by Fri; 2010-07-09 at 01:16 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Heh, badass.

26. - Top - End - #86

Ha, thanks. And now for some touhou fanart.

Mystia and Wriggle knew that this is just going to end up with them getting eaten... Again.
    Last edited by Fri; 2010-07-14 at 12:01 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

This picture radiates sheer Team (9)-ness.
    Last edited by Cubey; 2010-07-13 at 05:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

As it should, given who's depicted. And yeah, you wonder why Mystia and Wriggle hangs out with people as likely to get them into trouble as Cirno and Rumia, though of course according to ZUN they are not quite the brightest themselves.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fri, I really like your style. I do.

Look forward to seeing more from ya!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #90

Thank you! And terra, it's most likely that rumia keeps them close as emergency food source.

edit:

and here's gonzaemon, my character for the touhou dungeon crawl, drawn in walfas style.

Last edited by Fri; 2010-07-15 at 09:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show