New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventurer Education

Spoiler
    Show
    Err.....I assume what Maria sees also goes for everyone else in the Arcana class? Or is it just her?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

"The illusions, the hiding lecturers are more annoying then shocking."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spot Class
    "Well, if you find this lecture annoying then please remove yourself from the class," says the lecturer who had snuck behind Dreven, " I was hoping that the students would appreciate the state-of-art field simulator rather than complain about it. Because of it, we can enact the various different terrains of which you would be encountering in your adventuring career. Now, Dreven if memory serves correctly, I believe your mediocre grades in my class last year, is proof enough that there is more things that you can work on, so unless you are arrogant enough to believe that your senses are better than mine, then I suggest you put out your sense of annoyance, and listen to my lecture." The lecturer waits for Dreven to respond.

Arcana Class
    As the class teleports into the lecture hall, the first thing everyone notices is the size of the hall, it was as wide as a typical stadium, and was probably 3 stories high. Magic was a very common subject that many students take, the size of the lecture was meant to accommodate this, but it was also meant to accommodate the lecturer, the second thing you notice. He is HUGE, standing on all for of his legs, his wing stretching as he yawns a little, and smiles at everyone, it is clear that the lecturer likes the company. There is enough room for him to move, though seeing as how the staff room is meant for smaller humanoid creatures, it felt unlikely that this bronze dragon of a teacher lived in the same building as the rest of the staff.

The Planes
    After taking 2 teleportation circles, Zekk has finally reached the 999th level. It is a truly beautiful room. The whole place is full of colorful spheres, magical portals that lead the the Outer and Inner planes. You can see large devices harnessing the raw elemental power from the Inner planes, Earth, Fire, Air, WAter, Positive, Negative. All these planes are part of the reason why the academy has been able to flourish with such arcane might. Their abilitiy to efficiently harness the power of the elements. At the same time, no lecturer can be seen......

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Zekk glances around the room for the professor.

If the professor isn't here yet then I'm probably not late.
    Last edited by Mahtobedis; 2009-08-17 at 09:38 PM.
    You will be part of my achievement.

I survived the Tomb of Horrors! 5/28/09

5. - Top - End - #335
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Upon failure to see the lecturer Zekk's eyes flash momentarily as he attempts to detect some lingering magic aura or where the professor may have gone or where they are.

Spoiler
    Show
    since there is nothing to distract me I am able to maintain concentration on the spell for the full 18 seconds to detect magic aura's

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming she's familiar with the professor and the building, since this is her second year here

Elicia

A smile flits around the young woman's lips as she enters the classroom. She always loved the Arcana building. Quoth shuffles nervously on her shoulder, and then hops down to nestle inside her bookbag.

"Oh, get out of there, you!" she scolds. "The professor's perfectly kind and understands about familiars. I promise he's not going to eat you."

"Eat me? Eat me?" Quoth gives a strangled little laugh. "Miss, you'd better worry about him eating you! I'm not even a toothpick for that guy!"

The raven glares beadily at the dragon. "Great big bloody flying lizards," he grumbles. "Reptiles should stay on the ground! If crocodiles were meant to fly, the gods would have..."

"...given them wings?" Elicia finishes sweetly. With a flourish, she gestures towards the dragon's massive wings. "It looks like the gods listened to you."

"You know what I mean!" Quoth snaps. Huffily, he burrows into the corner of her bag and tugs the drawstring shut with his beak. "I'm NOT coming out until we're done here!" his muffled voice comes through the bag. "And that's final!"

Elicia sighs and thwacks her bookbag out of spite. She then puts a smile on and waves up at the massive dragon as she moves forward towards the seating area. "Good morning, Professor!" she calls out cheerfully.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Well, ummm.... sorry sir." I've got to remeber that most of the teachers probably have good listen and spot checks
    Last edited by Istari; 2009-08-18 at 10:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Dwarf in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So it has been a very long time since anything has happened here