New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Groundhog's Random Banter of Weather Prediction and Anti-Gopherness #120

Woot! I got TWO msn adds from Playground members within the space of 3 minuets!
    *Feels popular*
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-05-31 at 07:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Groundhog's Random Banter of Weather Prediction and Anti-Gopherness #120

I like your list, Koorli. The only big left-out thing I can think of is dreams.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

And don't forget, this time loop is self-referential. Wait, no... that's not the word...

Hmm. DAmnit, where's my brief guide to space and time when I need it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    And don't forget, this time loop is self-referential. Wait, no... that's not the word...

Hmm. DAmnit, where's my brief guide to space and time when I need it....
    It's recursive. It goes on forever within itself.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah. The time loop is itself part of the time loop. So we talk about dreams, huh? All I can remember of my most recent dreams is a vague sense of sunlight and horror.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #36
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    *Feels popular*
    And now you have another one! Welcome to MSN!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't wanna sleep, but I wanna be rested, quite the conundrum...

Anyone know the secret to solve my problem?

EDIT: Browsing some archives, I just discovered that I won Nameless's "Truth Behind the Hood" contest. I had forgotten all about that, now I feel fuzzy!
    Last edited by Phase; 2009-05-31 at 10:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

So...judging by the name, you've won:

• A trophy statuette
    • A list of memorabilia
    • An auto shop
    • Weariness at a world that no longer needs you
    • An untimely death at the hands of a street thug
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Curly: Me and DP have a problem. It's called insanely addicted to metal. It has doctors, and medicine and everything! It's like we are bonded by blood or something... The first shot of Lyrics War II has been fired!
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

10. - Top - End - #40

Bah. Who needs lyrics? Did Pachabel write lyrics for his greatest work? Did Motzart write lyrics? What about Bach? Beethoven? How about Brahms? See, a whole slew of great musical people who didn't write lyrics!

Yes, yes, yes. I know that most of them actually did write or have written lyrics to their music. Also, that jab about Pachabel is unfair because his Cannon in D is based on an incomplete set of manuscripts that were found after his death. If there was ever more to it, we will never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

I prefer the sweet music made by intertwined lovers.
    Not that I will know what its like for a loooong time :(
    Super-amazing avatar by Ceika!
    << It's a mound of rainbowflesh, do NOT forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    See the rainbowflesh, EAT the rainbowflesh, BELIEVE THE RAINBOWFLESH!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So how's this for a random entrance into the random banter thread:

I made a TV show.

It's just a cable access show, but it was shot in a fully equipped studio and as producer I had to find a director, camera people, audio person, design the set, and book the acts (it's a showcase for local singer/songwriters).

I turned in the DVD to the station back on Friday, and I'll find out the air date probably on Tuesday. Now I have to start planning the next shoot.

I was very happy with how it turned out, though, the crew were excellent and we go some really artsy shots and transitions, and the musician was awesome both for the performance and the interview. When it airs, it's also simulcast on the internet, so I'll be sure to let everybody know.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Bah. Who needs lyrics? Did Pachabel write lyrics for his greatest work? Did Motzart write lyrics? What about Bach? Beethoven? How about Brahms? See, a whole slew of great musical people who didn't write lyrics!

Yes, yes, yes. I know that most of them actually did write or have written lyrics to their music. Also, that jab about Pachabel is unfair because his Cannon in D is based on an incomplete set of manuscripts that were found after his death. If there was ever more to it, we will never know.
    Metal is modern day classical music.
    If Beethoven was alive today he would be a metal guitarist.

@Haruki: HOORAH!

14. - Top - End - #44

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, that would explain why metal has never held much appeal for me then.

...Aside from the fanbase anyway. Like their weirdness came from such a source as to be as alien to one another as we were from the rest of our peers.

*Feels popular*
    Ooo, which composers were you listening to?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-06-01 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

*Feels popular*
    *Adds Nameless.*
    Make that three.
    This avatar by Phase.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    So...judging by the name, you've won:

• A trophy statuette
    • A list of memorabilia
    • An auto shop
    • Weariness at a world that no longer needs you
    • An untimely death at the hands of a street thug
    Heh, never made that connection, personally.

And Jimor, what sorta TV show is it?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ooo, which composers were you listening to?
    Well at the moment I'm listening to Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata".
    How does this relate to MSN?

*Adds Nameless.*
    *Glee*

*Will accept new adds when he goes on MSN later*
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-06-01 at 05:31 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Well at the moment I'm listening to Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata".
    How does this relate to MSN?

*Glee*

*Will accept new adds when he goes on MSN later*
    Ooooh, Moonlight Sonata. I like that one.
    *Listens as well.*
    This avatar by Phase.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay so today I'm having the annual graduation field trip that my school puts on for every graduation class, sans for the seniors... and we usually go to some two-bit (no offense Papa Twoobs) amusement park for the day.

But this year is different. We're going to Hershey Park!. Any playgrounds going to be there today? On the tiny, tiny chance you are, You better come and tackle me... In your experience, what are the best rides? What are the worst? What should I totally go on, and what should I avoid like the plague? Because we all no there is no in between .

EDIT: And I got added on MSN too... and nobody seconded me... .
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2009-06-01 at 05:52 AM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Mrmud, how did it go yesterday?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Today is a good(ish) day, I did my maths exam and it was easy. Honestly, both papers were meant to take two hours between them and over all I had 30 to 40mins of spare time. However, it was sweltering hot in that hall, I could feel myself melting in the heat.

So how are you all?
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-06-01 at 07:06 AM.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Today is a good(ish) day, I did my maths exam and it was easy. Honestly, both papers were meant to take two hours between them and over all I had 30 to 40mins of spare time. However, it was sweltering hot in that hall, I could feel myself melting in the heat.

So how are you all?
    I hope you did well!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    So how are you all?
    I lack the requisite number of pylons
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

24. - Top - End - #54

I've got to actually remember to get on MSN sometime and actually talk to the people on there...people'll start to think I'm some sort of anti-social jerk...

...it's generally true, but still.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Grr, I just got another brace bracket put in my mouth.

26. - Top - End - #56

Grr, I just got another brace bracket put in my mouth.
    Only the top, only the bottom, or the full set?

Had the full set myself for a good 3 or 4 years. Evil, nasty things. Then about a year after getting them out I ended up having to get my wisdom teeth out...not a good couple years in orthodontia for me.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Only the top, only the bottom, or the full set?

Had the full set myself for a good 3 or 4 years. Evil, nasty things. Then about a year after getting them out I ended up having to get my wisdom teeth out...not a good couple years in orthodontia for me.
    I've had only the top one in for about 6 months now I think, but they put in an extra bracket on one of the teeth they couldn't earlier. :/

28. - Top - End - #58

So, strange story...

I've never had a mobile phone. Apart from thinking they were incredibly annoying and that people were even more annoying when discussing private things over the phone while in a train ride, I just didn't want to spend the money. (Yes, we get them for free, too.)

So, now, my grandfather gave me his old one as a present. Which, by the way, is one of those 200-buck-things with a huge screen and a camera. He also sent me an email in which he explained I should ask him if I need any of the features explained.

This feels weird. I didn't even know my grandfather had a mobile phone. Or a computer.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    So, strange story...

I've never had a mobile phone. Apart from thinking they were incredibly annoying and that people were even more annoying when discussing private things over the phone while in a train ride, I just didn't want to spend the money. (Yes, we get them for free, too.)

So, now, my grandfather gave me his old one as a present. Which, by the way, is one of those 200-buck-things with a huge screen and a camera. He also sent me an email in which he explained I should ask him if I need any of the features explained.

This feels weird. I didn't even know my grandfather had a mobile phone. Or a computer.
    Wow, you grandfather is more hip then you.

30. - Top - End - #60

I have yet to actually pay for a mobile phone. The only ones we ever get are the ones that come free with the plan. Why do I need to browse the internet or send e-mail from my phone? I've got a computer for that.

I've had only the top one in for about 6 months now I think, but they put in an extra bracket on one of the teeth they couldn't earlier. :/
    Yay...

I'm convinced that braces are adults' revenge against their kids for the kids' early years. "Wake me up a 2 am every day for a week will you...here, have a mouthful of metal!"