New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Let me clear the situation up for you.

Xartyve2 underestimated the tank the same way you are doing now.

Why is that so hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Also, it doesn't explain your 9-11 "overall" rating. From your description, you seem to be a level ~20 Evoker, but with an Effective Character Level of almost 30.
    I don't get what you are trying to point out. Or how to respond.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-06-17 at 05:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Let me clear the situation up for you.

Xartyve2 underestimated the tank the same way you are doing now.

Why is that so hard?
    Because even Tucker's Kobolds pose no threat to a high level character.

I don't get what you are trying to point out. Or how to respond.
    You said that Xart is 6.8 6.2 as an Evoker, but 9-11 10 overall. This puts him as level ~18 Evoker and a level ~27 character overall (assuming a scale of 0=level 0 and 7=level 20). He's one of the most powerful characters in ABR, he shouldn't be slowed down by anything.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

Magical power does not equal physical durability. If Xartyve2 did not cast any buffs prior to the battle, he can easily be beaten by a physical opponent who reacts faster.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Magical power does not equal physical durability. If Xartyve2 did not cast any buffs prior to the battle, he can easily be beaten by a physical opponent who reacts faster.
    Well, I guess sneak attacks work well in wizard hunting then. Or fighter with anti-magic field

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Yup, I agree.

While we are talking about powerlevel then my characters are:

Keveak: High, maybe 10 or so. BUT he can't control it at high levels (his teleport is fairly weak but even that went weird, though if used only for him and for short distances without a demon blocking then it works fine) and his body gets damaged at that amount. This means he is effectively at 3,5 but could continue an equal fight for years without replendishing his power.

Moss and White: Moss could potensially merge with divine sources (this is what happens if he die and lesser amounts of divine energy just gets absorbed by his geodian power thus why his arm can't be regrown) and become more powerful (but losing his personlaty in most cases) but is currently at around 3-3,5 in power with White at 1 or so because she fights by material arts and high speed not magic, their cat will be at 1,4.

Of course anyone could take them out given the right circumstances (as Mad pointed out)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Don't you me!

How old is that avatar by the way?
    Dunno, I made it for FFF just when we landed on the Shades Island thing.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

It would be fun with a plot or sub-plot where the characters was turned into kids and had to figure out how and how to get back to normal.

Just a crazy idea.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    It would be fun with a plot or sub-plot where the characters was turned into kids and had to figure out how and how to get back to normal.

Just a crazy idea.
    Didn't Q already done that couple comics ago?

@GR: still waiting for reply to this...

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    *sigh*
    Any ideas how to end that little battle of ours in 2 strips top? It's begining to be quite meaningless now and this time we don't have a week to wait...

If all agrees, I can use Falgorn to teleport us to Alphanica as it seems like the fastest solution....if I get his permission of course...

I can make comic including this today...
    I really doubt we can finish it without redundant delay of FI....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-06-17 at 09:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #969

dragon ball z rip off maybe

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Didn't Q already done that couple comics ago?
    It could be that a random transformation happens to the characters (gender bender, animal transform, monster, age change) and they have to get used to being whatever they got transformed into while trying to figure out what's going on.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Q was turned into a baby on the Vendetta. I don't know why, but it was fuel for a lot of jokes.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Maybe a TJH episode with a fountain of youth like thing could be fun.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Ogre in the Playground

While we are talking about powerlevel then my characters are:

Keveak: High, maybe 10 or so.
    -snip-
    Seriously... no character is that high... Fayte with all the cosmic powers of his pantheon was only about an 8... maybe 8.2 or 8.3...
    10 would be Plotus...
    or my own pantheons "Father" god...

I.E. NPGCEP (Non Player Godly Characters of Epic Proportions)
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

14. - Top - End - #974
    Troll in the Playground

X2 seems prety angry today.
    ____

15. - Top - End - #975
    Barbarian in the Playground

*sigh*
    Any ideas how to end that little battle of ours in 2 strips top? It's begining to be quite meaningless now and this time we don't have a week to wait...

If all agrees, I can use Falgorn to teleport us to Alphanica as it seems like the fastest solution....if I get his permission of course...

Why not just go through the portal? I don't see why it can't still be open. I don't remember it being closed in any comics.

Anyway, I'd hate for our little fight to be the only thing preventing FFF from ending, so perhaps TnD and GR should just teleport away rather than engaging us in combat.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    Seriously... no character is that high... Fayte with all the cosmic powers of his pantheon was only about an 8... maybe 8.2 or 8.3...
    10 would be Plotus...

I think he meant 10th level, but I'm not sure. At any rate, Rand is 9 to 11th or something.
    See, I don't understand the scale, except that 7 is epic.
    Nilmerg would be about 4.1. Actually, more like 3.7. He's fairly high level (maybe about 13th)but he wasted two levels on druid when he was young and then converted to wizard. He gave up Evocation to be a Diviner, effectively ruining his potential as a real blaster. However, he has a lot of talent for Necromancy, and I'd raise it to 6.4 when he allows himself to use it.
    Ovu Monubi would be a 10, being a pretty powerful demigod. He used to be more powerful, but was bound to his plane and greatly weakened.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-06-17 at 12:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

10 would be Plotus...

Rand was at more. The premise of it is that it's like having the power of a sun but only a light bulb to use it, if to much then it will break (and be out of control in Keveak's case) but it can be kept on for very long. If it's too much then tell me how small it should be.

Waitaminute, if epic (level 21) is at 7 then level 30 would be at 10,5, right? Aren't gods way more powerful than that?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Banned

Rand was at more. The premise of it is that it's like having the power of a sun but only a light bulb to use it, if to much then it will break (and be out of control in Keveak's case) but it can be kept on for very long. If it's too much then tell me how small it should be.

Waitaminute, if epic (level 21) is at 7 then level 30 would be at 10,5, right? Aren't gods way more powerful than that?
    Gods are, demigods aren't. Just for the record.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    See, I don't understand the scale, except that 8 is epic.
    The scale itself if flawed, but we've been using 0=0th level, 7=20th level.

The flaw arose because the 7 wass taken from Lying's "Arc level", but that is meant to have increased over time. Lying would currently be Arc 20/21, as Arc is analogous to D&D Caster Level.
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-06-17 at 12:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #980

I'd say Sinister Penguin is about 5.0, maybe slightly lower. By the time of FI, he's around level 15 as a Sorcerer.

I may be completely misinterpreting the scale, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Gods are, demigods aren't. Just for the record.
    He aren't able to use it enough to be better than 3,5 so it ain't the same, demigods are powerful AND can use their power.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #982

HalfOrcPirate

*sigh*

You get my full permission. Go to making!
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

I was working on a scale of:
    0 = not even worth comprehending
    to
    10 = OMFG YOUR LIEK MARY SUEING MY @55 TO HELL HERE DEWD! YOUR WAY 2 POWRFULZ!
    so yeah... i fort it was only a 0 - 10 scale... my bad

Hmmmm my new charis are going to be about 2 or 3
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2009-06-17 at 12:35 PM.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

24. - Top - End - #984
    Troll in the Playground

He aren't able to use it enough to be better than 3,5 so it ain't the same, demigods are powerful AND can use their power.
    He aren't?
    ____

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I was working on a scale of:
    0 = not even worth comprehending
    to
    10 = OMFG YOUR LIEK MARY SUEING MY @55 TO HELL HERE DEWD! YOUR WAY 2 POWRFULZ!
    so yeah... i fort it was only a 0 - 10 scale... my bad

Hmmmm my new charis are going to be about 2 or 3
    Then Keveak's at 8 or 9 (as I explained before that's not the same as being overpowerful) but effectively at 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    He aren't?
    He could continue on for long but can only control so much (his body can survive even less) so as I said before it's like having a sun's power but only be able to use it on a light bulb, too much and it breaks (and it's fairly useless too)
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-06-17 at 12:51 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #986

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Why not just go through the portal? I don't see why it can't still be open. I don't remember it being closed in any comics.
    It may be open, but we don't know about it+ why would we ever do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    You get my full permission. Go to making!
    Good, I'll make it then. Full decision about canonity I'll leave to GR and TnD though....
    Last edited by -skimmer-; 2009-06-17 at 12:53 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #987

HalfOrcPirate

What portal?
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

28. - Top - End - #988

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    What portal?
    The portal Nameless made that everyone went through to get to the Citadel.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

Anyway, I'd hate for our little fight to be the only thing preventing FFF from ending, so perhaps TnD and GR should just teleport away rather than engaging us in combat.
    I don't remember anyone going through the portal either.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Orc in the Playground

I'd say Rot is probably a 5ish. In D&D terms, he is a fairly high level ranger but not really that good at the game.

Daniel Enthol is a 5.5. Not that powerful in terms of Ultimate Powar of magic, but he uses it very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters