New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1564
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    The ALF (Avbaroy Liberation Front) and the UNA (United Nations of Avbaroy). The ALF is the 'resistance' group, fighting against the UNA for a variety of reasons. The UNA controls most of the world, and are led by Ins, a human possessed by a Sovice intelligence (or something like that, anyway).

EDIT: Also, the ALF has Sinister Penguin, so it's totally the best.
    What's a sovice?

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Depends on what side the portal program will be owned by (if still operable).
    A big program like that is probably the UNA. The ALF would be too busy and strapped for resources to fund it very well, and doesn't really have a reason to handle it anywa.y
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Barbarian in the Playground

What's a sovice?
    Sovices.

Depends on what side the portal program will be owned by (if still operable).
    Hard to say. If they it's "owned" by anyone, it would probably be the UNA.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Banned

At school dude. The site is blocked.

Hard to say. If they it's "owned" by anyone, it would probably be the UNA.
    UNA then because X4 is (with everyone permission) the manager of the much less pleasant Home Base in FI.

5. - Top - End - #1115

At school dude. The site is blocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABR Wiki
    The Sovices ("Soh Vis" in their native Jannic language) are a race of mechanical entities from the planet Jannah, 300 light years from Avbaroy.

Sovices come in a variety of different models, but each is constructed from individual hexagonal "blocks" composed of billions of nanomachines. When a Sovice is destroyed, it deconstitutes back into these blocks and there is the possibility of reviving, unless the blocks themselves are destroyed and thus reduced to a "liquid metal" state.

Sovices are extremely efficient at self-replication. A single block can make more blocks, until a Mother unit can be constructed, thus hastening the production. A block placed near a power source will immediately begin producing new blocks, but this typically does not occur near a Mother unit.

The Sovices were created on Jannah by a precocious gynoid named Meter, herself created by a child prodigy named Angstrom. Initially they were lauded as a technological marvel, but opinions soured rapidly and the demand was given to destroy the Sovices and Meter. Angstrom refused to comply, and Meter gave the foolish orders that led the Sovices to wipe out the entire Janni race. Meter herself later ran a global marathon and deliberately ran her power supplies dry.

For a significant period, little occured. However, the arrival of the God-Killer on Jannah prompted an extreme reaction from the Sovices that amounted to a stalemating war, ended only when a meteorite strafed the planet and took the God-Killer with it. Several centuries later, this same meteorite crashed into Avbaroy and the First Sovice Incursion began 17 years afterwards. Following the First Incursion, the Sovices reformatted into the New Sovice Empire, forsaking their god worship, which produced the Holy Sovice Militia when Sovices with a tenuous connection to the Empire disagree, forming the Sovice Civil War.

Historical records are vague after this period (more will be revealed in Remember, in other words), but it is believed to be the reason that an Omnigate is presently in orbit of Avbaroy. Most of the Sovices left after the First Incursion, but at least one block remained and was discovered by the Order of Vengeance and held in their Fortress. When this block was used as a loofa by Calamity, it became active and produced hundreds of new units before the Fortress was destroyed by Lyinginbedmon.

However, the resurrection attempts of Onasuma led to the "spirit" of one of the blocks possessing the corpse of Lying and becoming Ins, who has since founded a world government under the control of the Sovice, and is working to eliminate all opposition to this coalition.
    UNA then because X4 is (with everyone permission) the manager of the much less pleasant Home Base in FI.
    Hm. I wonder if I should keep Brain around for FI...
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Banned

Hm. I wonder if I should keep Brain around for FI...
    Going mad because of the continual deterioration of his jar juice (which we are not funded to replace)?

7. - Top - End - #1117

Going mad because of the continual deterioration of his jar juice (which we are not funded to replace)?
    Eh, maybe. Or I might just have him disappear/die/whatever, because he's very powerful and thus not a great fit for FI.

The deterioration of his juice might solve that problem, though. Eh. I dunno.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No, the UNA would fund you plenty well. They control most of the world, so they can afford it.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    No, the UNA would fund you plenty well. They control most of the world, so they can afford it.
    Hmm... to make a darker counterpart to TJH we'd need to be underfunded and falling apart. ALF perhaps?

EDIT: Although we wouldn't be at Home Base very much because the plot isn't about it, any Basers would likely be somewhere else to contribute to the plot.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-06-17 at 09:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hmm... to make a darker counterpart to TJH we'd need to be underfunded and falling apart. ALF perhaps?
    Except the ALF wouldn't bother funding you at all, as they are too busy fighting the UNA to bother with it. So you wouldn't have any reason to side with them unless you insisted on continuing your research, but had some opposition to the UNA.
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #1121

EDIT: Although we wouldn't be at Home Base very much because the plot isn't about it, any Basers would likely be somewhere else to contribute to the plot.
    The problem is that the ALF has no real reason to fund the Home Base. They would probably be spending what little money they have on weapons, not research. I can't imagine dimensional travel would convey many benefits to a terrorist organization.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Banned

Except the ALF wouldn't bother funding you at all, as they are too busy fighting the UNA to bother with it. So you wouldn't have any reason to side with them unless you insisted on continuing your research, but had some opposition to the UNA.
    I have a way to make Home Base darker and deteriorate Brain's jar juice.

The UNA beurocratic funding disallows that money to be spent replacing the jar juice.

I like this solution because it can make Home Base darker by making a tangled forest of red tape and martial law.

Alternatively there could be no more jar juice left in the world.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The UNA beurocratic funding disallows that money to be spent replacing the jar juice.

I like this solution because it can make Home Base darker by making a tangled forest of red tape and martial law.

That works. The UNA may see that the Home Base project has potential, but they don't care enough to give it adequate funding. They say "We are giving you as much funding as a research project of your priority level" "But it's not enough!" "Feel free to submit an increased budget at the beginning of the next fiscal year"
    [/Center]

14. - Top - End - #1124

That seems kind of...cruel. The UNA isn't really bad, per se.

But I guess it makes sense if the jar juice is reallllly expensive.

This could also work, I guess.

Just don't do anything yet. I'm still not really sure if I want Brain to be around during FI yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Banned

That works. The UNA may see that the Home Base project has potential, but they don't care enough to give it adequate funding. They say "We are giving you as much funding as a research project of your priority level" "But it's not enough!" "Feel free to submit an increased budget at the beginning of the next fiscal year"
    The reason X4 and Brain leave to join the main plot would probably be to find jar juice. They would still be UNA guys, just taking a "business" trip

16. - Top - End - #1126

The reason X4 and Brain leave to join the main plot would probably be to find jar juice. They would still be UNA guys, just taking a "business" trip
    This actually sounds like it might work. So yeah, I guess I'll include Brain in FI. He probably won't take part in any of the "main" action, though.

So, because it sounds like he's not going to be in FI, I take it X2 will have returned to his home dimension by now?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, because it sounds like he's not going to be in FI, I take it X2 will have returned to his home dimension by now?
    I think it's because X2 dies during TJH......or so I heard...
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    I think it's because X2 dies during TJH......or so I heard...
    I believe he's done more than hint this, come to think of it. Didn't he outright state it at one point?

...The plot weavings already confuse me, so maybe I should be quiet now.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by All Talk Above
    -STUFF-
    I like Pie =3
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    I like Pie =3
    OMG! Me too!

What? This is the ABR discussion thread! What are you doing discussing ABR?!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

What if the investors lost interest in the D-jumping (maybe because the portal malfunctioned) and the team now try to gather the money themselves (doesn't go that well) or maybe there was unexpected side effects of the D-jumping (like a lethal disease caused by the vibration changes during the jumps or something) and the portal was destroyed because of that, so the previous D-jumpers are trying to achieve the money to research a cure.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Orc in the Playground

Oooo! How bout' this? At one meeting, Xarty got pissed off and flipped off the investors. They got angry and withdrew the moneh! Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    If my Wii internet was working I'd kick your character's ass in a brawl to prove how wrong that is!

Dammit. I don't even know how international brawling works! Stupid Wii internet. Being all defective.
    I beat master hand with half the characters so far, then I beat my dad up.
    ____

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Oooo! How bout' this? At one meeting, Xarty got pissed off and flipped off the investors. They got angry and withdrew the moneh! Problem solved.
    Well, my character Karen Dewey (and the UNA Navy, by her order) has a lot of interest in parallel universes. So you'll keep receive funds from her. And Michael Chang, if he's still there by FI.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale-Discussion Thread XXII: Mutual agreement? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Well, my character Karen Dewey (and the UNA Navy, by her order) has a lot of interest in parallel universes. So you'll keep receive funds from her. And Michael Chang, if he's still there by FI.
    But he needed a reason for the D-jumpers to be poor. I still like the idea of a disease or that the portal is broken.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    But he needed a reason for the D-jumpers to be poor. I still like the idea of a disease or that the portal is broken.
    Maybe the ALF attacked them, afraid they might discover something useful against them ?

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    Maybe the ALF attacked them, afraid they might discover something useful against them ?
    So, the terrorists (who are against ONLY the UNA) attacks a bunch of mad scientists and illegal immigrants travelling the multi-verse why? Besides Moss and white (and their cat) would sympathise with the resistance... Maybe the dangers of such power D-jumping gives one made the UNA afraid it could fall in the wrong hands (and be used to get reinforcements for the resistance) and they shut it down.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    I beat master hand with half the characters so far, then I beat my dad up.
    I ment experienced players. Parental figures who have just gotten the game the same time you did and know even less about it then you do don't count. Master Hand doesn't count either. He's an easy boss.

Face off against somebody who has played it since it came out and repects the stratagy involved and then we'll talk.

Another test that might be equally as fulfilling is, when you beat the Subspace Emissary, go into Boss Battles and set it to "Intense". See how well your random button mashing helps you there.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-06-18 at 10:06 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

My first of my Two new ABR characters to replace Fayte:

She's an Albino Elf.
    Her class Is Synchronized Swordsman with her (Semi-) Identical twin Ikaeru.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    My first of my Two new ABR characters to replace Fayte:

She's an Albino Elf.
    Her class Is Synchronized Swordsman with her (Semi-) Identical twin Ikaeru.
    Will the twin be black themed with a "good" weapon? (she has a white theme with a pretty evil looking weapon) it seems twins are usually like that in fiction (they are identical but still opposite, that's pretty cool)

EDIT:
    Now that you've decided not to use your main character I've begin to think about Killing of two of my characters making the last a kind of revenge driven anti-hero style character (fit's the setting) and use my back up characters instead from that on.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-06-18 at 11:24 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.