New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] All quiet at Bakura

Jelvar

Taking his grenade he launches at the droids, hopeful that the grenades does some serious damage.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+3)[8]
    (4d6+1)[18]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

@Alvaro, Murr, Jelvar, Gorrump:

Alvaro, Murr and Jelvar manage to drop 8 droids between them, leaving only two to fight them...

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative please

@Daken, Tito, Blake:

There's still a city burning in front of you... Heat washes out, stench is carried on the wind, together with screams, cries, and shots.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

Wonderful Avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #213

Spoiler
    Show
    Jelvar's initiative(1d20+1)[13]

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

As the droids fall, Murr glances back at Alvaro. "I hope you have more of those."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+9)[16]
    The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215

"Of the four that were thrown... I have only one more." He hoped that they wouldn't need much more after this. But for now, these things would fall easily. It was, after all, a two-against-one match now. "Was hoping I wouldn't need them so soon, too."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[8]
    Keeping the -2 condition in mind...
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

Blake

Blake looks for some higher ground to head towards, preferably away from the anti-air guns we know about. He wants to see if he can spot somewhere to hole up for a bit, to get Daken recovered.

7. - Top - End - #217

Tito

With the recently suffered battering, Tito agreed that going back to the city in their current condition would be a bad idea. "Good idea.. You try and find something, I'll keep an eye on Daken."
    It might have been yours, perhaps, but never mine. And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am nothing.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

@Jelvar, Murr, Alvaro (I suppose we lost Gorrump?)

Murr goes first, then Jelvar, then Alvaro, and finally the droids, if they get to do anything at all^^.

@Tito, Daken, Blake:

The surrounding land looks quite flat, but from flying in Tito remembers a settlement of about 15 buildings that should be relatively close, about 5 miles to the south. Evading the tanks and the obvious enemy staging ground close at the space port, that would make a walk of maybe 8 miles to get there. Unless they can commandeer a vehicle somewhere... There must be lots of abandoned speeders near the spaceport...
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

9. - Top - End - #219

BLake

"I don't know what you think Tito, but I'd say we'll attract less attention if we hoof it rather than trying to pick up a speeder to get to that settlement you spotted. A few miles with a dead weight is better than being dead no?"

10. - Top - End - #220

Tito

"Agreed.. We might find a speeder near the spaceport if we wanted, but we'll end up being shot at again anyway.. "

Tito helped Daken back on his shoulder while assumedly Blake takes the other shoulder, and together they start their journey towards the settlement for the next couple of hours. all the way being cautious not to stay in plain sight for longer than needed, and always looking about for ambushers.
    It might have been yours, perhaps, but never mine. And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am nothing.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

@Tito, Daken, Blake:

You move away from the doomed city, carefully trying to stay low and not get spotted. The roads you occasionally see are jammed with wrecks and traffic, and sometimes you find battle droids rounding up stragglers...

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to have a stealth check - one rolls, the other aids. Just decide who's going to do it.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

12. - Top - End - #222

Jelvar

He moves as close as he can and then unleashes a burst of the force at the droids.

Spoiler
    Show
    move action to get as close as he can and then standard action to use force Slam (2d20+7)[29] but he won't even be able to reach them with the force he will just run to them instead.

13. - Top - End - #223

(((4d6)[13] damage))

14. - Top - End - #224

Alvaro

The Miraluka felt the movement of the Force and enacted upon it. Allowing the very energies to take hold of his movements, he pushed towards the remaining droids. Were the one that hit still to survive, he'd let the momentum push his weapon through it. Otherwise the blade had been aimed for the other remaining one.

Spoiler
    Show
    So... we've got a Surge - (1d20+10)[12] with a speed boost of 2, 4, or 6 with the following DCs: 10, 15, 20 respectively.
    Followed by a Charge ToHit - (1d20+7)[18] (+2 Charge, -2 Condition), with the Damage - (2d8+4)[11]
    Reflex is down to 11 for this round.
    Characters:

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

Murr activates his lightsaber and slips out of cover, moving closer to the battle droids in preparation for his next telekinetic attack...

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have my books with me at the moment, but if I remember activating a lightsaber is a swift action, move action to get close enough to the droids, and a standard action to activate Force Grip. I'll activate it on whichever droid Alvaro was going for.

Use the Force - (1d20+6)[15]

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

@Alvaro, Murr, Jelvar:

Jelvar scatters the droids like ragdolls - none of them move again. A singularly effective display of destructive power...

@Tito, Daken, Blake:

But you are lucky. Nobody spots you and after tense two hours, you are out of the immediate vicinity of the city, walking along a broad riverbed - the banks afford you cover - and away from the carnage behind you.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

17. - Top - End - #227

Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing as we seem to have lost our wookie, the count of remaining ion grenades is 2, not 1.

Alvaro

It seemed his, nor his fellow Jedi's power to take down the rest of the droids. Jelvar had it covered quite well. But now that those were gone it was time to move and find a hangar where they could escape. There was also the matter of any survivors trapped in their homes around here. Truly a conundrum.

"Nicely done, Jelvar... Now, I do believe it is appropriate to retreat to the nearest Hangar, yes?"
    Characters:

18. - Top - End - #228

Tito

Still wary for ambushers, Tito relaxed somewhat as they left the fringes of the city behind. Getting his bearings, he oriented himself to find the settlement he saw earlier and picked up the pace, eager to find someone to patch them up.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

"We're not done here, Alvaro." As Murr returns to digging into the rubble, he continues, "and even if we weren't busy saving lives, I'm going to remind you again that starports and communications centers are the places most likely under attack. We'd just be walking into more battle droids..."

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230

Blake

Blake picks up the pace along with Tito, hoping that they will find someone able to assist in patching Daken up, before they have to move on.

21. - Top - End - #231

Alvaro

The young Jedi nodded simply. But of course, if there were others around they were given to rescue those trapped souls. But in his condition from the massive bolts from earlier, he couldn't be of much help. However, given a few seconds of controlled breathing, and realigning his body with the Force he found himself no less battered, but more capable. He would have to tend to his wounds later. "Right, right." He noted, reaching out with the force, using his innate tap to try and find those trapped beneath the rubble.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending 2 rounds... 12 seconds? (6 swift actions) to remove the -2 condition. Unless it's a persisting one, in which case, it'll wait
    Characters:

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

@Alvaro, Jelvar, Murr:

You resume digging and are not interrupted again. There are still some people alive in the uncollapsed parts of the building - ground floor and basement. Several come out the moment you manage to get to the door, but they warn you that some of the others became trapped under furniture or smaller debris. It seems reasonably safe to enter the ruin right now, but you probably shouldn't wait long...

A girl of maybe 15 years clings to Alvaro "Please, help my father...", tears streaking down her grimy, bloody face.

@Daken, Tito, Blake:

After about an hour of walk, both are pretty wiped - the fight, the crash and all the damage they took, together with hauling Daken through the underbrush are beginning to tell on them. So, both are probably quite relieved when they see a building along the river you have been following - and it looks undamaged. It's a low wooden structure with a large terrace, and there are tables and chairs on it. A restaurant?
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

23. - Top - End - #233

Tito

Tito pointed towards the building. "Looks like taking the careful approach paid off.. hope we get service despite the fact we aren't exactly dressed in posh three-part Corellian or something.. "

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Murr's eyes sting from shifting dust as he enters the building, and he takes a moment to re-orient himself, wiping grime off his face as he does so. As his vision clears, he allows himself a moment to breathe - focus returns, and he pushes his emotions to the back of his mind.

"Take us to whoever's still trapped," he says to the small crowd of survivors. "Quickly."

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

Jelvar

He returns to the building carrying the droids blasters and hands them to the survivors. "Use these to defend yourself if needed."

26. - Top - End - #236

Blake

"Yeah. Let's hope there's someone still here. Or at least some clean water and something to eat. Wait here, i'll check it out."

Blake approaches the building carefully and pushes open the front door.

27. - Top - End - #237

Alvaro

Between the dust, and debris flying around them, the Miraluka didn't waver once. However, once they reached the inside a welcoming sight greeted his eyes. It didn't last long with the young female coming up to his side in tears. Although physically blind, the young Jedi glaces down to the child with a soft grin. "We'll get him. Where is he?"
    Characters:

28. - Top - End - #238

Tito

Tito carefully looked around with his blaster pistol ready while Blake checked out the building.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

@Daken, Tito, Blake:

The careful approach proves to be unnecessary, for the building is deserted. Blake finds an unlocked sideentrance and can see traces of hasty abandonment, like half cooked meals on the stove, and some tables already laid out and others still bare. It can't have been too long ago... Everything is in fine working order, pantry full and all facilities working fine.

@Jelvar, Murr, Alvaro:

Tearfully, the girl points towards one of the appartments, before taking the blaster with eyes wide with shock. The other survivors seem as apprehensive as she is, but don't refuse either. Holding the weapons in trembling hands, they cluster around the buildings entrance, some taking cover in the debris. Marching metal feet can still be heard, but for once they don't come closer...

Leaving the Jedi to free the last people trapped in the building, some of them gravely injured... An old woman looks at them with grateful eyes, clutching a crying little boy to her, even though the bones stick out of an open break in her leg. A man with a bleeding head wound calls wearily for a "Sylva", while you shift the wardrobe pinning him... It's too late for a teenage girl, lying in a pool of blood beside a broken window, her neck pierced with a sliver of glass in the explosion. And all around you, the Force roils and shifts, chokes and burns with pain, fear, frustration, anger...
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

Murr ignores all the negativity in the Force... he needs to focus on the now, which means he can't let his feelings interfere. He continues to work diligently to save the people trapped in the building.

As they help the man out from under the wardrobe, Murr looks over at Alvaro. "I suppose Sylva was that girl. Do you want to go get her? Jelvar and I can finish up here." He sighs with exhaustion as he checks the severity of the man's wound, then glances at the old woman. "While you're out there, ask if any of them have medical training. These people need a doctor."

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show