New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] All quiet at Bakura

Blake

Blake returns to the others. "It's deserted but there are supplies. Let's get Daken in there and see if we can wake him. Once we're patched up we can make a new plan." He assists Tito carrying Daken into the building and uses a couple of clear tables to lay the unconscious ally down, balling up a table cloth for his head.

"Alright, let's get some water and rip up some bandages."

He attempts to bind the wounds as well as he can without specific medical training and applies his medpac to the worst of Daken's wounds.

Spoiler
    Show

Treat injury (1d20+1)[4]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alvaro

This pressure. This unbelievable pressure. It was clouding his blind vision. Making it difficult to walk in a straight line. But through some kind of miracle, or perhaps it was just staying beside his fellow Jedi's signatures. Then he allowed his knees to buckle beside the injured ones. One was already dead. He couldn't save her. But this one, this man he thought he could.

"Open your minds to the force..." The Miraluka murmurs softly. He paused for a moment, reaching out towards the others in the nearby area. Individually he tried to connect to their minds, probing to see which were still living, and which were no longer with them. For the one which was clearly alive, albeit injured, he placed a hand against the man's forehead. "And accept the energies. It won't hurt."

After another release of his breath, he pulled straight from the Force, and everything within it. He would've preferred to sort through the various emotions and only take from the positive, and those taught in his trials, and use those. But in their situation, he doubted he's have that kind of time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vital Transfer - (1d20+10)[30]
    15: 2*Character Level healed
    20: 3*Character Level healed
    25: 4*Character Level healed
    Spending a force point to negate the backlash of damage

And taking 10 on Use the Force for Telepathy
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

3. - Top - End - #243

Tito

Seeing how Blake is wrapping Daken up in bandages and not doing too good a job at it, he walks over and crouches next to Blake.
    "I think those bandages will stick better to his forehead between the horns if you use some thinner strips instead of of covering his entire head with it.. here, let me try.. "

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempting assisting in Treat Injury:
    (1d20+1)[7]
    It might have been yours, perhaps, but never mine. And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am nothing.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

@Alvaro, Murr, Jelvar:

Yes, Sylva is the girl you found in front of the house, and there is a tearful reunion as you bring her father out. Alvaro's aid is greeted with fascinated awe "By the balance... I've never seen anything like it!", but also strange, doubtful glances. It's almost as if the air cools down...

Just as you finish sorting out the survivors, and you hear another bomber scream over your heads, that a boy runs full tilt out of one of the narrow sidestreets and towards you. "They are killing everyone!!! You must help us!!!" He's bleeding profusely out of a headwound, and pressing one hand against his side...

@Daken, Tito, Blake:

It seems both of you are not really cut out to be doctors... But at least you aren't doing anymore harm to poor Daken. While you are working, you hear more traffic in the air, but the sound is different this time...

Spoiler
    Show
    Edited to correct name^^. And yes, you probably look all like mummies now.
    Last edited by Liliedhe; 2009-09-03 at 09:33 AM.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

Wonderful Avatar by Ceika

5. - Top - End - #245

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, that would've been poor Daken, although with us manhandling the bandages, I wouldn't be surprised if Blake ends up more wrapped up as Daken

Looking up in the direction of the sound, Tito wonders what could be flying over this time.. "What was that? I'll go outside and check while you try to determine if there are some sort of instructions in that medkit of yours.. "

Not really waiting for an answer, he stands up, opens the door a bit, and peeks through.
    It might have been yours, perhaps, but never mine. And in the end, as the darkness takes me, I am nothing.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

He sees about a dozen heavy aircraft flying in the direction of the city - heavily armored, with stubby wings, they look like flying Whaladons... And they fly the eight pronged wheel of the Republic. It seems there response has finally happened, even though he can't really understand where they come from.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

7. - Top - End - #247

Tito

If he could squint, he would. Tito had as much puzzled expression as his species would allow, and with a sharp twist with his head, he turned to Blake.
    "Looks like the cavalry's coming, Blake.. Unless my eyes deceive me, and they hardly ever do, there's Republic forces coming our way. It's odd though.. Even though I wished these guys showed up yesterday, I can't help but wonder how they got here so soon.. They couldn't possibly be here that fast unless they knew what was heading this way.. "

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Murr stands guard outside as they begin to move the survivors, his eyes open for any sign of the invaders. His vigilance is dampened by fear, however - and though he tries to ignore it, it's gnawing at him. The boy bursting out of seemingly nowhere doesn't help.

His lightsabers are drawn and ignited in moments, but when he recognizes the new face not as a threat but another survivor, he puts the weapons away. Murr sighs with relief, then walks towards the boy, taking note of his wounds. "Is there anyone nearby in immediate danger?"
    The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249

Blake

Blake takes a look at the mess he's making trying to dress Daken's wounds. He abandons his attempts in favour getting food prepared for when Daken awakens. He's busy getting something thrown together for the three of them when Tito calls back inside about new forces arriving. He heads out wiping his hands on a dish towel.

"You're right, there's no way these guys could have arrived in response to the attack, it was only hours ago. They must have been en route already. Maybe we should hole up here until Daken comes round, get some food and liquids in, then, when we're a little refreshed, we can try and link up with the new guys. I'm sure they'll have medical aid available. What do you think?"

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

@the Jedi:

"My brother, back there..." He points in the direction of the narrow street he burst from, trying to wipe away the blood that seeps from a cut underneath his eye and smearing his face with it. "He shoved me behind a dumpster before the droids rounded everyone up... And then the shooting started..."

@Daken, Tito, Blake:

Should Daken's player still be around, now would be a good moment for Daken to come to...
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

11. - Top - End - #251

Alvaro

"The shooting?" The "blind" Jedi repeats not fully understanding. "How many were there? ... and do you know of any possible reinforcements that would be willing to help us, or of any local places to restock? We are only three simple Jedi--not knights."
    Characters:

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

"About 50 people... and many droids... Please, you must help!"

He doesn't even seem to hear the questions, or is too shocked to understand them.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

13. - Top - End - #253

Tito

"Sounds good.. what're you cooking anyway?"

14. - Top - End - #254

Blake

"I found some nerf steaks, some stringed tubers and some sort of leaf i'll steam. Should be hearty at least. Hopefully Daken will come round in time."

15. - Top - End - #255

Tito

"I'm getting really hungry, so it sounds good enough for me.. anything you need help with?"

16. - Top - End - #256

Tito

Tito enjoyed the time of respite while his sores started to subdue a bit.
    He could use a good solid meal, and Blake's cuisine worked just fine.
    Resting until they felt better to move on again, and dissappointed that Daken was still out cold, he helped Blake to carry Daken back to the city now that help had arrived.

17. - Top - End - #257

Blake

After the meal, which turned out better than Blake had expected, he settles back in his seat and looks across at Tito. "Perhaps we should hole up for the night, get some shuteye. We'll take stock in the morning and see if we can locate the republic HQ. What do you think?"

18. - Top - End - #258

Tito

Stretching his arms a bit, Tito considered. "Between opinions for now.. on one hand, Daken still doesn't look good.. he might not survive through the night.. we might be able to reach the city and some bacta tanks today if we keep at it.. besides that, I really can't wait to get away from here.. on the other hand.. I really could use some sleep.. "

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

Murr glances at the boy and then at Alvaro. Unable to come to a descision, he lets out a sigh and turns to the blind Jedi.

"I don't think we can handle all that."

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260

Alvaro

The young jedi had run through all the possible outcomes he could think of with those numbers. Even as the enemies were just droids, they were still just three Jedi. Not knights, not even Masters--just initiates... and there was power in numbers. With a resigned sigh, he took shook his head. "No... I don't think we can. We're outnumbered and overpowered as just three Jedi... I apologize."
    Characters:

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

@Blake and Tito:

You are free to do whatever you think best now^^.

@the Jedi:

The boy doesn't seem to understand at all, he just sobs... "But you are Jedis. You help people..."

From the direction he came from, you hear screams, and blasterfire, and then there is just silence. And a surge in the Force, from many, many deaths...
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

22. - Top - End - #262

Blake

"You're right, we should make a move now, before the invaders crush the town. Let's pack up what we need and make our way to town, take a looksee."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

Murr feels sick for his inaction; the deaths burn his conscience. But there was no other choice, was there?

Speaking to nobody in particular, he says in a tired voice "someone take care of him." He doesn't say or do much more; he simply begins to walk away from the epicenter of the invasion, hoping the survivors are smart enough to follow.

Characters

Running
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264

Tito

Tito nodded and stood up again. He packed some provisions for as far as he could find them, and helped Blake to move Daken again. As soon as they were set to go, Tito headed towards the city..

25. - Top - End - #265

Blake

Blake packs up useful provisions as well and once prepared hefts one side of Daken. "Let's take it nice and easy, avoid any contacts until we know who they are. We'll try to find some high ground from which to survey the city, but we should probably be on the look-out for others trying to reach the same high ground. Sound like a plan?"

26. - Top - End - #266

Tito

Heaving Daken's other side, he made sure he was ready to walk again.
    "Good enough for me.. I can hardly wait to run into Republic forces.. "

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

@the Jedi:

The boy keeps standing there, rooted to the spot. Finally, one of the survivors, an older woman, goes to him and takes his hand. Then, as if there was a signal, they begin walking - away from the square, and away from the Jedi.

Since there isn't really something like an epicenter, Murr has no really obvious direction to go in. Other than away from the noise of marching feet.

@Blake and Tito:

Leaving your temporary sanctuary, you make your way back to the city. For the first few miles the going is uneventful, if tiresome... But as you near the city, the first signs of a struggle begin to appear - scorchmarks on the ground, destroyed droids, and the burned out hulks of tanks... There is still flame and fighting coming from the city, but out here it seems to be over.
    Winter is coming.

PbP Games:

Spoiler
    Show

Character:

28. - Top - End - #268

Blake

As they move, Blake keeps his eyes open for medical supplies and munitions they can use and something to use as a stretcher or repulsor sled to carry Daken.

29. - Top - End - #269

Tito

Tito superficially examines the wreckages and tries to determine if it were Bakuran or Republic forces that caused the destruction of the droids and the tanks. Any skirmish should result in casualties on both sides after all.
    Aside from that, he assists Blake in finding something to carry Daken.

"If we manage to run into hostiles, and they don't open fire immediately, we might want to think of a story in case they try to arrest us. We could pose as medics that happened to have salvaged some firearms along the way.. that'll explain Daken and the reason why we're armed. Since the Republic could be busting us out at any time, coming quietly might not be a bad idea.. what do you think?"

30. - Top - End - #270

Blake

"I'm not so sure I could pass off this armour as a civilian, nor my medical skills. Maybe we concentrate on avoiding contact with metal?"