New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: A couple of venereal diseases... [PEACH]

Went to WC, noticed there what did you have in mind, went back to edit my post - bam, a response already... you're fast.

As for the topic... wouldn't Fortuna's Bane, if undetected, kill almost anyone in 2d4 or 3d4 weeks? That sounds a bit harsh. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

Birdman of the Church of Link's Hat

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

Well, the -20 only apllies to the save to resist being infected. Once you're infected, the -20 goes away, and you're making Fort saves against DC 5. Which probably wouldn't kill most people in 3d4 weeks. Unless... how often are people supposed to make saves against disease? I can't remember.

Oh, and I have no more STDs.

Wait... Did that sound kind of wrong?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu
    bam, a response already... you're fast.
    So I'm told ;)

Uh...

LOOK OVER THERE, IAMES IS IMPLYING SOMETHING!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Banned

Yes, I am implying that I actually exist in Tyrath, and am using my psionic powers to access this thing you call the "Internet." ;D

And fortunately, the clerics were able to identify and cure the diseases before they did any damage.

Basically, my concept of succubitis is that those infected by it gradually lose control of their sex drive. I'm thinking about creating a template or something for creatures that have been reduced to 0 Int and 0 Wis by the disease, and thus lost their self-control completely.
    Lustdriven Template
    No Int score
    Rage 3/day (as 1st level barbarian)
    Loses all Int-related skills and abilities, all weapon and armor porficencies, and gains Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple as bonus feats.
    Carries and can spread succubitis, but takes no damage from it.
    Still subject to the Unslakeable lust trait.

No idea what the CR adjustment for this should be.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

Even animals have an intelligence of at least 1, and those are driven purely by instinct. An intelligence of - means an absolute lack of ability to process information or respond or anything. Without intelligence, even instinct is gone. To move, the body would need to be controlled by some other force (a dominate spell temporarily reduces the effective intelligence of the creature to - and then controlls the creature).

Try eliminating Wisdom. That's the more commonly accepted way of making people go nuts.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Iames, the CoP
    Lustdriven Template
    No Int score
    Rage 3/day (as 1st level barbarian)
    Loses all Int-related skills and abilities, all weapon and armor porficencies, and gains Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple as bonus feats.
    Carries and can spread succubitis, but takes no damage from it.
    Still subject to the Unslakeable lust trait.

No idea what the CR adjustment for this should be.
    Sounds like a +1 at most to me… Maybe even +0, since they aren't gaining much combat prowess (loss of intelligence means loss of tactics, I feel, so they may even be weaker than that).
    Doing:
    Paladin-like Knight (possibly Bard-like Rogue too) Substitution Levels.
    N ja Base Class.
    Emiya Shiro PrC (not yet posted).
    Samurai Compendium, First Entry.
    Very Non-Vancian Magic System.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I'd say +0, considering the loss of Intelligence also takes away all skills and feats (except for the bonus feats granted by the template).

8. - Top - End - #38
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brickwall
    Even animals have an intelligence of at least 1, and those are driven purely by instinct. An intelligence of - means an absolute lack of ability to process information or respond or anything. Without intelligence, even instinct is gone. To move, the body would need to be controlled by some other force (a dominate spell temporarily reduces the effective intelligence of the creature to - and then controlls the creature).

Try eliminating Wisdom. That's the more commonly accepted way of making people go nuts.
    Vermin have no Int score, and they do fine.

You already have to be reduced to Int 0 and Wis 0 by succubitis before you gain this template.

It says in the rules, "Anything without a Wisdom score ... is an object, not a creature."

So... should the creature type change to vermin? ???

9. - Top - End - #39
    Banned

Actually, I believe plants lack an Int score. Hmm...

Okay, that hurts my brain. Maybe a new creature type is in order.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

Or you could put a note at the bottom of the lustdriven template entry...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Psionic Devotee
    Or you could put a note at the bottom of the lustdriven template entry...
    I don't follow. A note saying what?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

That they function even without a Wisdom score. That's what I did with the contest entry I made (weird extraplanar beasties), and it worked fine.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

Okay, new version:

Lustdriven Template
    The lustdriven template is an acquired template that can be added to any living, corporeal creature. That creature must have been reduced to 0 Int and 0 Wis by succubitis before acquiring this template.
    Size is unchanged.
    The creature gains the ability to rage 3/day as 1st level barbarian
    The creature loses all weapon and armor proficiencies, and gains Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple as bonus feats.
    The creature carries and can spread succubitis, but takes no damage from it. The creature cannot be cured of succubitis, and is still subject to unslakeable lust.
    The creature's Intelligence and Wisdom scores become 2.
    CR +0.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Succubitis sounds intensely fun. For me, the DM, not for the player I trick into contracting it.

File that one with rust monsters and my "undead reverse campaign" idea (where the players roll a party of high-level adventurers to take on the biggest, baddest undead in the kingdom, and spend the whole campaign killing weaker and weaker undead and getting level-drained to match). Loads of fun to do, not much fun to have done to you.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Barbarian in the Playground

Reminds me of Futurama's "death by snu-snu". Succubitus would incapacitate any character in a big city, however. Plus it really isn't... subtle, which is another succubus trait. I'd suggest changing it to a sexual addiction:

Phase 1: Vampiric nymphomania. The victim must have sex X times a day or he goes into withdrawal and starts losing stats. If he goes into withdrawal, he must make a Will save or go to desperate measures to satiate his hunger.

Phase 2: Escalated fetishism. After the first week, the infected victim must make a Will save or find he isn't satiated with the usual. For each failure, he must satisfy some exotic/disturbing fetish once a day. These can stack to "The Aristocrats"-level absurdity.

Phase 3: Scandal!

Side Effects: Any children the victim spawns while infected are born as Tieflings.
    PCs: Horacio, Gorby, Helionaluxis

16. - Top - End - #46
    Banned

Revised Editions!

Fortuna's Bane (Natural):
    Fort DC 1^; incubation period 1d4 weeks; 1d8 Con*.

Fortuna's Bane is a disease that first arose among prostitutes who worshipped the Goddess Fortuna. Though the Whore-Priestesses and others did their best to wipe the disease out, it persists in the seediest of brothels in cities all over Tyrath. Saves against Fortuna's Bane need be made only once every month.

Succubitis (Supernatural):
    Fort DC 1^; incubation period 2d4 days; 1d4 Int* and 1d4 Wis*, plus unslakeable lust".

Succubitis is a disease that can only be contracted by consorting with succubi (or incubi). Only a few, rare succubi and incubi now carry the disease, since most of the disease-carriers were hunted down and wiped out by clerics of Maia, but regardless of whether they are carriers or not, all succubi (and incubi) are immune to its effects. It causes its sufferers to slowly lose control of their sex drive. Sufferers of succubitis need only save against the ability damage once per month; the unshakeable lust trait must be saved against whenever the trigger conditions are met. This disease can only be cured by a remove disease spell casts by a character with 18 caster levels. Creatures reduced to 0 Intelligence and 0 Wisdom by succubitis gain the lustdriven template, described below.

^Is not cured after the 3rd consecutive successful saving throw. Creatures who have intimate, unprotected contact with an infected creature take a -30 on their Fort saves to avoid infection.
    *Make an additional Fort save against DC 10 or 1 point of this ability damage is permanent ability drain.
    "Unslakeable Lust: A creature infected with succubitis, every time it sees a creature of appropriate race and gender, must make a Will save against DC 15. On a failure, the infected creature must attempt to mate with the target creature, regardless of current circumstances. If multiple creatures might trigger this quality at once, the infected creature targets the one with the highest Charisma. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect.

Lustdriven Template
    The lustdriven template is an acquired template that can be added to any living, corporeal humanoid or monstrous humanoid, hereafter referred to as the base creature. The base creature must have been reduced to 0 Int and 0 Wis by succubitis before acquiring this template.

Size/Type: As base creature.
    Hit Dice: As base creature.
    Initiative: As base creature.
    Speed: As base creature.
    Armor Class: As base creature.
    Base Attack/Grapple: As base creature.
    Attack: As base creature.
    Full Attack: As base creature.
    Space/Reach: As base creature.
    Special Attacks: The lustdriven creature gains the lethal strike and rage special attacks. It retains all the special attacks of the base creature.
    Special Qualities: The lustdriven creature gains the carrier and unslakeable lust special qualities. It retains all the special attacks of the base creature.
    Saves: As base creature.
    Abilities: As base creature, except that Intelligence and Wisdom are 2.
    Skills: As base creature.
    Feats: Lustdriven creatures lose all weapon and armor proficiencies, and gain Improved Unarmed Strike, Improved Grapple, and Superior Unarmed Strike as bonus feats.
    Environment: As base creature.
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: As base creature.
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Always Neutral
    Advancement: As base creature, except that if the creature previously advanced by class, it no longer does so. Instead, it gains hit dice according to its type, even if it would not normally be able to do so.
    Level Adjustment: ~

Carrier (Ex): Lustdriven creatures carry succubitis. It takes no damage from the disease, but can spread it.
    Lethal Strikes (Ex): Lustdriven creatures can deal lethal damage with their unarmed strikes at no penalty.
    Rage (Ex): Lustdriven creatures gain the ability to rage 3/day as 1st level barbarian and whenever their unslakeable lust ability is triggered.
    Unslakeable Lust (Su): A lustdriven creature, every time it sees a creature of appropriate race and gender, must make a Will save against DC 15. On a failure, the infected creature must attempt to mate with the target creature, regardless of current circumstances. If multiple creatures might trigger this quality at once, the infected creature targets the one with the highest Charisma. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect.

Creatures who succumb to succubitis find their higher thought processes slowing; eventually, they stop altogether. When that happens, raw instinct takes over, particularly the urge to breed, magnified by succubitis's effects.
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2007-02-03 at 08:42 PM.