After reading an article on the Antikythera mechanism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism), I started thinking about writing a campaign set in a world where the Greek empire never fell, but continued to rise in power instead of Rome, creating a steam/clockpunk-esque feel set around medieval times.

Some ideas I had included a possible civil war between a more scientifcally minded Athenian faction and a Spartan-style faction which focuses more on the power of the human body. As examples of other nations/powers, I thought England may be ruled by druids that reject the advances of the Greeks, remaining independent.

If you were to play such a setting, what would you want to see in it? Would magic be out of place? What other factions could you see being involved, and how would they be different to actual history?

Since the d20 system is the one im most used to , I'm currently aiming to use that. However, if anyone knows a systemt hat would be better suited to this I'm open to suggestion.