New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I'm Bored, Give Me A 3.5 PrC To Make [it'sdonenow]

What is with the "!"? No love for the Disney version of "The Little Mermaid"?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Methinks TSED's mind went somewhere squickier than mermaids.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TSED View Post
    Well, dang. Thanks Djinn. Mind if I ninja that ability?
    That's why it's there. Just add "Or the ability to initiate 3rd level Martial Maneuvers in a class that has access to the White Raven Discipline."

So it's a crusader/Warblade only entry, as both can make good Gallant Princes, and White Raven seems like the best starting point.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2009-06-19 at 06:24 AM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    That's why it's there. Just add "Or the ability to initiate 3rd level Martial Maneuvers in a class that has access to the White Raven Discipline."

So it's a crusader/Warblade only entry, as both can make good Gallant Princes, and White Raven seems like the best starting point.
    I was actually going to say "Devoted Spirit" but I can't see a logical reason to preclude Warblades, so, yeah. Ok.

I'll plop in a "thanks to Djinn for ToB support!" as well.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

I was actually going to say "Devoted Spirit" but I can't see a logical reason to preclude Warblades, so, yeah. Ok.

Well, making it Devoted Spirit doesn't mean warblades can't enter, it just means they need to burn a feat or two on Martial Study; this encourages crusaders but doesn't disallow warblades. On the other hand, if you thought warblades fit the knight-in-shining-armor trope best, you could require Iron Heart and make crusaders burn a feat or two. On the gripping hand, while White Raven seems a bit off for the archetype (given that the Prince Charming type is usually a lone hero with only his trusty steed to accompany him), I think letting both classes enter equally is the best idea.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Well, making it Devoted Spirit doesn't mean warblades can't enter, it just means they need to burn a feat or two on Martial Study; this encourages crusaders but doesn't disallow warblades. On the other hand, if you thought warblades fit the knight-in-shining-armor trope best, you could require Iron Heart and make crusaders burn a feat or two. On the gripping hand, while White Raven seems a bit off for the archetype (given that the Prince Charming type is usually a lone hero with only his trusty steed to accompany him), I think letting both classes enter equally is the best idea.
    Additionally, the requirement never states that you need White Raven Maneuvers...only that your class has the ability to take them. You can get in with an purely Iron Heart Warblade, for example. See? Already took that into account.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

These Initiator levels do grant you additional maneuvers known or maneuvers readied.
    I believe this should be "do not".
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_In_Tonic View Post
    Additionally, the requirement never states that you need White Raven Maneuvers...only that your class has the ability to take them. You can get in with an purely Iron Heart Warblade, for example. See? Already took that into account.
    My bad; I just automatically interpreted that as "3rd level White Raven maneuvers" and missed the specific phrasing.

I'd actually make that "Initiator Level 5 and at least 1 White Raven maneuver" so you (A) ensure that they have something leader- and heroic-ish and (B) allow paladins and knights to enter (at the cost of a feat) if they're using an alternate class feature--since your noble steed doesn't have to be celestial--as well as more chivalrously-inclined fighters or rangers.
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2009-06-19 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Made a suggestion
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Oops. Typo.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Improved Martial Maneouvers isn't in the chart. Also, Brave Soul is still showing an untyped bonus to Will saves. It probably should be a morale bonus. Lady's Favor also gives out a morale bonus but to damage not to Will saves so the bonuses won't interfere with each other.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Improved Martial Maneouvers isn't in the chart. Also, Brave Soul is still showing an untyped bonus to Will saves. It probably should be a morale bonus. Lady's Favor also gives out a morale bonus but to damage not to Will saves so the bonuses won't interfere with each other.

Debby
    I'm keeping that because really, paladins are immune to fear and Prince Charming knight-style sure didn't run away from Maleficus' Frightful Presence.

I'll fix the chart / typo shenanigans. I think I'll also add a new maneuver known if you already knew a third level maneuver for IIL as well.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    TSED, you might want to fix this. DracoDei spotted a rather important typo in my writing of the Improved Martial Maneuver ability. As of your last edit, which addressed your most recent post, this was not changed.

Ninja-ed! You sneaked by me with that editing.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2009-06-19 at 04:56 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions