Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 78
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    onasuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    3rd best way to get people to NOT read your comic: swearing. Thankfully, this comic is without that for now. And even if it was put in, the mods will cancel the webcomic, so we probably won't be seeing it at all.
    I disagree. C2H5OH has swearing and roughly a page of comments per comic drawn.
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Green-Shirt Q's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, okay?! Yeeesh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Quote Originally Posted by onasuma View Post
    I disagree. C2H5OH has swearing and roughly a page of comments per comic drawn.
    Yes, but these rules just make it slightly less likely that people won't read. They won't forcefully stop anybody from reading.

    And your comic swears? Really? I'll have to reread, because somehow I missed them.
    AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE!
    Spoiler
    Show

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground
     
    T-O-E's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Sometimes swearing's needed. I mean, it's useful for impact and can be very meaningful (see the latest Erfworld page for an example). Also, it's kind of unrealistic to leave out curses.

    But yeah, don't just add them anywhere. Use sparingly and appropriately. Unless one of your characters swears a lot.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2009-06-23 at 01:12 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Green-Shirt Q's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, okay?! Yeeesh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Okay. I've reread C2H5OH. I haven't seen any of the swears I was talking about.

    I didn't mean little swears like "hell", "crap", "ass", or any other swears that OOTS has put in themselves.

    I'm talking biggies, here. F-word. S-Word. N-Word! Those are the kinds of words that put people off reading the comic!

    And I mean frequently, too. Erf doesn't count because they've said one of them only once at the end. That won't drive anybody away (particularly since it has ended).
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-06-23 at 01:15 PM.
    AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE!
    Spoiler
    Show

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Hey Q, why dost thou hate Inkscape?

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground
     
    T-O-E's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    People kept trying to get him to use it and now he's annoyed.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Oh. So what DOES he use?

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    The Dark Fiddler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    IUP
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    I was going to say Fireworks or w/e, but that's Nameless.

    And now I fell I'm officially a member of the community; I can remember people I don't directly interact with.

    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    3rd best way to get people to NOT read your comic: swearing. Thankfully, this comic is without that for now. And even if it was put in, the mods will cancel the webcomic, so we probably won't be seeing it at all.
    I have to disagree; people like swearing. If anything, it'll increase readership.

    The sad part is, I don't know whether I'm kidding or not.
    Homebrew: The Guardian | Combat Pragmatist
    Animorphs-styled morphing rules for the Fate Core system!
    Coming Soon(?): WarMunchies, a candy-based wargame | Pokemon Four Suits

    The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    No, no. BEST way to get people to stop reading: Realistic gory photos of mangled dead bodies that are nauseating even to soldiers and police officers.

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Green-Shirt Q's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, okay?! Yeeesh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Quote Originally Posted by Babale View Post
    Hey Q, why dost thou hate Inkscape?
    I don't have a reason. It's on my Meaningless Rage List! There is a reason my list is called "Meaningless".

    Quote Originally Posted by Babale View Post
    Oh. So what DOES he use?
    Why do you care?
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-06-23 at 08:22 PM.
    AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE!
    Spoiler
    Show

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    I care from general curiosity.


    And sorry for the delays, I've been very busy. No promises, but another comic may show up today.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jallorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    If I'd nagged you yesterday about getting a strip out like I thougt about doing, would that be considered saying something constructive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    My links:

    Avatar by Dogmantra

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    No, I'd just ragequit.

    OK, will update soon... Sorry I'm so busy, I'll try to get multiple strips up over the weekend.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jallorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Don't make promises and you don't have to keep them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    My links:

    Avatar by Dogmantra

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Nevitan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Viridian Gym
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    This comic seems a bit above par in relation to most of the other comics. I think I'll follow it and see where it goes.
    My Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Thanks! In terms of art, plot, what?

    And Jallorn: That's pretty much why I said "No Promises".

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Nevitan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Viridian Gym
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Well the art isn't the best but it's not painful to look at, which can't be said about a lot of the fan comics. You've also got the text at a nice readable size that doesn't take up too much of the panels.

    It's too early to comment about the plot, but it seems like it could be going somewhere interesting.
    My Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Thanks!

    I like your avatar's shadow... If I learn to, I may some day make my comic have shadows and light levels!

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jallorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Hey babale, wanna join my game as I'm in yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    My links:

    Avatar by Dogmantra

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Nevitan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Viridian Gym
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    I wouldn't if I were you. Shading is a bit of a pain, and takes quite a bit of time. It might work every now and again for a dramatic moment, but not for every comic. Even the Giant doesn't shade his comics.
    My Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Giant doesn't shade his comics because it goes against his style. I want to make that my style. But then again, I don't get my comics done AS IS; why would I wanna add MORE work?

    Truth is, when I said EVENTUALLY, I meant When I Retire in 50 years.

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jallorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Erf has shading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    My links:

    Avatar by Dogmantra

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Nevitan's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Viridian Gym
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Erf isn't vector art.

    Feel free to shade, I'm just saying it's a lot of work.
    My Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    So guys, I'm gonna need a little break... Please post questions about the comic, I'll be doing a QandA soon.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hacktor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bucharest Romania
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    It looks nice... although the ogre's feet are disturbingly bent :D
    Other than that :D great work
    Last edited by Hacktor; 2009-06-26 at 11:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show



  26. - Top - End - #56
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Guys? Please? I need fan-mail!

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jallorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    If someone comes up with a good idea when talking about what they expect will happen, will you use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    My links:

    Avatar by Dogmantra

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Depends. Show it first.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jallorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Well I don't have anything yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    My links:

    Avatar by Dogmantra

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Monstrous: Because Not All Heroes Are Humans

    Well, just ask about the cast or something... Oh well, I'll probably get 2 more REAL comics done before I need filler, so you guys have time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •