Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1539
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Banned
     
    The Gremlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Argg....I feel so sick. I thought I was rid of my fever, but nooooo, it has to come back.....blarg...
    So what should we talk about to speed up the demise of this thread?
    Also, I came up with a thread title we could use: "What, Us Hurry?"
    ...it sounded funnier in my head.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-06-23 at 12:09 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    CrimsonAngel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    More like "Who, us? Hurry?"
    ____

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned
     
    The Gremlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    More like "Who, us? Hurry?"
    But then the reference doesn't work.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    memnarch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the mind.

    Default Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Blarg. I just knew I was going to mess something up. It's like a law that you mess stuff up at 1 in the morning.

    Re: is fixed, unless you want it put back.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

    Currently playing: Minecraft, L4D2, Awesomenauts. Available for L4D2 shenanigans almost anytime.

    Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Green-Shirt Q's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Canada, okay?! Yeeesh.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Blarg. I just knew I was going to mess something up. It's like a law that you mess stuff up at 1 in the morning.

    Re: is fixed, unless you want it put back.
    I thought it was part of the joke.

    Thanks for fixing it, though.
    AVATAR BATTLE ROYALE!
    Spoiler
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fay Graydon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ashton-Under-Lyne
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    "What, Us Hurry?"
    ...it sounded funnier in my head.
    Try:
    "What? Us Hurry? Don't make us laugh!"
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Read the Comic about PASSIVE™
    Dawn of Yesterday (Indefinitely dead)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DoomITP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    much better

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post

    But seriously... Don't go there if you value your sanity.
    Value my sanity? I think you should find a better reason.

    @Grem: Too bad, hope you get better.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fay Graydon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ashton-Under-Lyne
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Value my sanity? I think you should find a better reason.

    @Grem: Too bad, hope you get better.
    Fine... your life.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Read the Comic about PASSIVE™
    Dawn of Yesterday (Indefinitely dead)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grim ranger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    So, Crimson... do you want to be one of the people I hunt in the starting parts of FI? I see some interesting battle scenes ahead if you do

    Also Fin, would you like to hear an idea I would have for FI... it would involve a bit of as-of-yet secret stuff (mostly some basic ideas) that would give our characters good way to know each other... I can send you a PM if you are interested (and no, this does not mean I am defecting from UNA payroll )

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DoomITP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Value my sanity? I think you should find a better reason.

    @Grem: Too bad, hope you get better.
    dude, i happen to know what goes on at site. It's bad. Read the wikipedia entry about it and you might understand.

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Fin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Future...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    So, Crimson... do you want to be one of the people I hunt in the starting parts of FI? I see some interesting battle scenes ahead if you do

    Also Fin, would you like to hear an idea I would have for FI... it would involve a bit of as-of-yet secret stuff (mostly some basic ideas) that would give our characters good way to know each other... I can send you a PM if you are interested (and no, this does not mean I am defecting from UNA payroll )
    Sounds good man, send it over!
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    Fine... your life.
    Don't like that either (too boring)

    @Mega: Okay then I'll do that.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Updated a bunch of info on the Sovice gods in the wiki, names especially are now a lot more accurate to the Jannic language (which is an actual constructed language) and include a number of alternative names that they are often referred to in shorthand (though "hanging lantern of dusk" isn't too short, I realise).

    A good point for how bad 4chan is would be that, on UStream, in the chat, if you say the word "4chan", the chat autobans you.
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2009-06-23 at 02:13 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Keveak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where we lay our scene
    Gender
    Male2Female

    eek Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    dude, i happen to know what goes on at site. It's bad. Read the wikipedia entry about it and you might understand.
    Dear god Lucifer Chutulhu that sounds horrible (4 chan not your post).
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

    Emphatic shirts.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

    At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

    An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mad Mask's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westmount
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Updated a bunch of info on the Sovice gods in the wiki, names especially are now a lot more accurate to the Jannic language (which is an actual constructed language) and include a number of alternative names that they are often referred to in shorthand (though "hanging lantern of dusk" isn't too short, I realise).
    Wow, you're really invested in these sort of things.

    Not that it's bad or anything, I was just really surprised that you invented a Conlang for your race.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DoomITP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    listening to doomy saves your brain

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Airstrip One

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Updated a bunch of info on the Sovice gods in the wiki, names especially are now a lot more accurate to the Jannic language (which is an actual constructed language) and include a number of alternative names that they are often referred to in shorthand (though "hanging lantern of dusk" isn't too short, I realise).
    They're still rip-offs of the C'tan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Dear god Lucifer Chutulhu that sounds horrible (4 chan not your post).
    It's not that bad!

    ...Okay, maybe it is, but some parts of the site have semi-redeeming features!

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground
     
    T-O-E's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Pretty much every internet meme ever started on 4chan.

    Which is why I hate it.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2009-06-23 at 02:38 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Airstrip One

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Pretty much every internet meme started everon 4chan.

    Which is why I hate it.
    That's what 4chan says, but it's not really true. Most that make it out of 4chan were simply popularised by the site, not invented.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Nameless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    4Chan is just... It's just it. It is what it is.
    Dear Princess Celestia,


    You faithful student,
    Nameless

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Airstrip One

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    The only way to understand it is to immerse yourself in it fully, and not many ever come back....

    But some good things come of it. I sometimes frequent /tg/, which both (occasionally) Gets Sh*t Done (homebrew 40K stuff mainly) and has resident artists, who sometimes produce works of wonder.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-06-23 at 03:04 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Nameless's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    The only way to understand it is to immerse yourself in it fully, and not many ever come back....

    But some good things come of it. I sometimes frequent /tg/, which both (occasionally) Gets Sh*t Done (homebrew 40K stuff mainly) and has resident artists, who sometimes produce works of wonder.

    Spoiler
    Show
    No way.
    No WAY did the artist of that creat something more awesome then this. How? HOW?!
    Dear Princess Celestia,


    You faithful student,
    Nameless

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Airstrip One

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    He added Monsters and Metal.


    ...that would be a suitable name for a DnD setting. Homebrew time, anyone?

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Emperor Ing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ameritopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    ...that would be a suitable name for a DnD setting. Homebrew time, anyone?
    I am the (lesser) god of Improv Homebrew.
    What kind of setting is it?
    Slam Dunk!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird97
    Good, I like the quote for you do indeed frighten people beyond words.
    I make avatars. Want one? Yes, i'm accepting requests ATM.

    Randomizer, Overgod of Chaos by Vuilon

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Lyinginbedmon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Co. Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    They're still rip-offs of the C'tan.
    Meh, I'm not gonna argue that, at this stage I don't think there's anything I could say to convince you otherwise.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Emperor Ing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ameritopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Meh, I'm not gonna argue that, at this stage I don't think there's anything I could say to convince you otherwise.
    There's really no point in arguing it, I do believe MM said they were ripoffs of the C'tan.
    Slam Dunk!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird97
    Good, I like the quote for you do indeed frighten people beyond words.
    I make avatars. Want one? Yes, i'm accepting requests ATM.

    Randomizer, Overgod of Chaos by Vuilon

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Airstrip One

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    I am the (lesser) god of Improv Homebrew.
    What kind of setting is it?
    Well, it would be a music centric campaign, with the PCs as monster races.
    ...and that's all I've got so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Meh, I'm not gonna argue that, at this stage I don't think there's anything I could say to convince you otherwise.
    The C'tan are "gods" to the Necron race, although they are not true gods (i.e. Warp Creatures), but immortal beings in shells of living metal, which is fluid and malleable by the C'tan. The C'tan choose their own form.

    The Sovice gods are not traditional gods (i.e. Incarnum beings), but effectively immortal consciousnesses in liquid metal bodies. They choose their own form.

    Of the four known C'tan, three correspond to the Sovice Gods.

    • The Nightbringer. "Death incarnate", he takes the form of a hooded figure with a scythe, and is terrifying to behold. He is the most destructive of C'tan.
      • Contrast: Bringer of Death, aka the Nightbringer. He takes the form of a cloaked and hooded figure, carrying a weapon resembling a scythe. He is the Sovice god of destruction, and is feared.
    • The Deceiver. A trickster, he one of the most intelligent C'tan, and takes the form of a golden figure, with four horns flowing back from his head and a large mark on his forehead.
      • Contrast: Avian Deceiver, aka the Great Deceiver. He is the god of knowledge and trickery, and takes the form of a figure with four horns and a enlarged third eye on his forehead.
    • The Void Dragon. Not much is known for sure about him, so you weren't able to find anything to copy here.
      • Contrast: The Void Dragon. The leader of your pantheon, as far as I know his fluff is original.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Fay Graydon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ashton-Under-Lyne
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    his fluff is original.
    I don't know why... But I found this incredibly funny >.<
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Read the Comic about PASSIVE™
    Dawn of Yesterday (Indefinitely dead)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DoomITP's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

    maybe the use of the word fluff?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •