New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIII: Because We're Lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Somethingawful.com
    Something Awful isn't really as bad as 4chan. Sure, it has a lot of problems, but it's not that bad and there's the occasional bit of comedy gold. It's not exactly a great site, but it's fun to read through occasionally.

But to each his own, I guess.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ettin in the Playground

I believe it was SomethingAwful.com's fanbase that brought down the Eve Online giant Band of Brothers for the roflmaos.

Then most of them actually stuck around in EO and are now a legitimate clan

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I just read the end of Chorno Crusade
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whyyy!
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be honest, you did see it coming miles away. I prefer the anime version myself, not so into Manga/books. Despite the fact that I work in a library (bet nobody saw that coming <.<"), I'm not much for reading anything that isn't on an lcd screen.

Plus the anime version has great voice actors.

You gain a small amount of awesome points for having read Chrono Crusade though, but you're still in the negatives.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    To be honest, you did see it coming miles away. I prefer the anime version myself, not so into Manga/books. Despite the fact that I work in a library (bet nobody saw that coming <.<"), I'm not much for reading anything that isn't on an lcd screen.

Plus the anime version has great voice actors.

You gain a small amount of awesome points for having read Chrono Crusade though, but you're still in the negatives.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tvtropes and I disagree with you, manga is better, it's the original story as the author intended it a library job sounds fun though.. Anyway what's an lcd screen?

Like I care what you think (okay I do, But only because of child traumas)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Tvtropes and I disagree with you, manga is better, it's the original story as the author intended it
    It's all about the "action" scenes really, I don't like using my imagination to paste the different pictures in a manga together in order to make a fight scene.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like in the first episode when they're running out of that house about to collapse, that would be totally boring to just see a plain image of them running when you could actually watch them running. Imagination is obsolete.

a library job sounds fun though..
    It's one of those jobs where you have a lot of free time inbetween your work. That's why I'm able to post here at just about any time of the day. Once you've finished organizing everything etc, the only thing left to do is check books in/out and the like.
    Anyway what's an lcd screen
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_display

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

It's all about the "action" scenes really, I don't like using my imagination to paste the different pictures in a manga together in order to make a fight scene.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like in the first episode when they're running out of that house about to collapse, that would be totally boring to just see a plain image of them running when you could actually watch them running. Imagination is obsolete.

It's one of those jobs where you have a lot of free time inbetween your work. That's why I'm able to post here at just about any time of the day. Once you've finished organizing everything etc, the only thing left to do is check books in/out and the like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_crystal_display
    You seriously don't wanna know how much I live myself into it/ good I am at imagining that kinda stuff, besides to me it's the story that counts
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't watch anime unless the series started as it, so I don't know what you're talking about

Cool job.

Are computer screens lcd?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

Are computer screens lcd?
    Slender/flatscreen ones usually are

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Slender/flatscreen ones usually are
    Spoiler
    Show
    then i don't get why her not reading manga has anything to do with only reading stuff on lcd screens
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    then i don't get why her not reading manga has anything to do with only reading stuff on lcd screens
    The screens of both my home and work computer are lcd, I don't really read anything other then what I see on my computer. As said, I'm not much for actual books.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The screens of both my home and work computer are lcd, I don't really read anything other then what I see on my computer. As said, I'm not much for actual books.
    Then read manga on the internet...
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #701

Then read manga on the internet...
    That's usually not technically legal...
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Bugbear in the Playground

He loses awesome points for saying to do something that is illegal.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    He loses awesome points for saying to do something that is illegal.
    You're just saying that because Randomizer keeps wanting Keveak to lose awesome points, which he never does.

Sheep.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #704
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    You're just saying that because Randomizer keeps wanting Keveak to lose awesome points, which he never does
    Trust me, he's lost points.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

15. - Top - End - #705

Wait, I had awesome points ?
    Kopaka in a former life.

16. - Top - End - #706

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    over nine thousand?

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

1) That's definitely valid. I didn't dispute that its good, i'm just saying it'll be fun and easy to parody
    There's no fun in shooting fish in a barrel. Well, actually, there is some sort of amusement in it, but I can't help but see creating something of lower quality than one of the worst things you can find as nothing more than a pointless endeavour.
    2) Ever hear of Squirrelking? He is the EMBODIMENT of 'so bad its good'
    I have heard of him, and have dismissed him previously, along with Peter Chimaera. I'm not a big fan of their works.

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Something Awful isn't really as bad as 4chan. Sure, it has a lot of problems, but it's not that bad and there's the occasional bit of comedy gold. It's not exactly a great site, but it's fun to read through occasionally.

But to each his own, I guess.
    But Something Awful sits between ABR and 4chan, which is my point. You can also find gold in 4chan, but searching for it is akin to sifting through a sea of piss. Which is why I usually limit my 4chan browsing to a couple of boards, or more commonly, the threads that make in onto the archive sites.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Says you.

And quite frankly, you have lost awesome points recently. Quite a few.

In fact, your awesomeness is at an all time low!
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-04 at 03:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

over nine thousand?
    Memes. Must. Die.

20. - Top - End - #710

Says you.

And quite frankly, you have lost awesome points recently. Quite a few.

In fact, your awesomeness is at an all time low!
    How many points can I possibly lose from someone who has negative awesome points? none.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Troll in the Playground

How many points can I possibly lose from someone who has negative awesome points? none.
    You can't lose awesome points from somebody. You lose them yourself. Something you have been doing quite frequently lately. Mainly from pestering Kevak, one of the awesomest people in this whole forum, and brainwashing Megadoomer.

Yes, you're going to have to do something REALLY awesome to make up for it, or else you will no longer be second awesomest guy here.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-04 at 04:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712

...Yeah, I didn't think I had awesome points. Just checking . And what do you have against SMBZ!?
    Kopaka in a former life.

23. - Top - End - #713

'scuse me? Brainwashing? Just because we get along doesn't mean I have been brainwashed.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kopaka View Post
    ...Yeah, I didn't think I had awesome points. Just checking . And what do you have against SMBZ!?
    It's just that you haven't done anything yet. You haven't done anything to lose points, you just haven't gained them yet. They'll come soon enough.

And I actually think that that line was originally in Dragonball Z, not Super Mario Bros. Z. Or so I heard.

'scuse me? Brainwashing? Just because we get along doesn't mean I have been brainwashed.
    You always chant back whatever Rand says! You're like a cross between a sheep and a parrot!
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-04 at 04:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #715

Mainly from pestering Kevak, one of the awesomest people in this whole forum-
    *twitch twitch* did you just say...keveak...the awesomest...one...here?!

I hereby remove every shred of awesomeness you ever held.

26. - Top - End - #716

I think yer jealous Q, . But really, WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH!?

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

*twitch twitch* did you just say...keveak...the awesomest...one...here?!

I hereby remove every shred of awesomeness you ever held.
    You can't do that. You don't have the authroity.

And that picture has lost you all your awesomeness! You are now, officially, less cool then Keveak!
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-04 at 04:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #718

You're not even worth arguing with anymore. *ignore*

29. - Top - End - #719

And I actually think that that line was originally in Dragonball Z, not Super Mario Bros. Z. Or so I heard.
    Well, yes, but Dragonball Z doesn't count. Memes like that don't come from anime!
    It was definately SMBZ. Or Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged. Or something!
    [/denial]
    Kopaka in a former life.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

I keep seeing Q's posts and thinking they're Mad Mask's.