Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [BleachITP] Episode 7: "The Master Without a Voice! Masato's Training Begins"

"Since the day that Shinigami powers were bestowed unto me, my world changed forever. Substitute Shinigami Masato Shinichi, to protect my friends I will let my powerful feelings explode and release the blade of my soul!"

Opening Titles

It had been a week since Natsuko's kidnapping, and her father's dead. From what Masato had seen, she was taking it surprisingly well. Maybe that was part of the whole Quincy code, or something. The two of them along with Senna had spent a good amount of their time bonding. Gene, the Martial Arts teacher often showed up too. The four of them had something of a club forming.

Masato and Senna had spent the rest of the time they could spare out hunting down hollows as they appeared. He was getting into the rhythm of things by now and the two of them were turning out to be quite a team. He often wondered how long he would have to keep something like the substitute shinigami business up, but found himself wondering less and less as the days went on. In fact, he was almost afraid to admit it, but he was starting to like it all. Of course, it was only a matter of time before something went wrong. Might as well enjoy it while I can...

As he wandered into the front door after a long day of school, he expected to see Miharu waiting to pounce, but was pleasantly surprised to find that she was wasn't even home. His mother explained that she had gone out with some friends for the night. Masato let out a sigh of relief. Maybe he could finally get some peace and quiet for once.

The moment he walked into his room, he plopped down on the bed and closed his eyes. He wanted nothing more than to simply doze off and get some rest. He figured that was one thing he deserved these days. Just as he began to drift asleep, he caught the strange sense as if someone was watching him... "Probably nothing," he mumbled before giving in to his exhaustion.

"You can't ignore me forever."

His eyes shot open upon hearing a clear voice. It sounded familiar, yet so foreign. It felt as if whoever was speaking was talking in an entirely different language, yet Masato could understand every word. In a split second, he sat up and scanned the room. The door was still closed tightly, and it didn't look as if anybody had even disturbed it.

Before he could question anything, he sensed the unmistakable trace of a nearby hollow. Well, so much for peace and quiet, he thought to himself as he began climbing out the window. When his feet met the pavement, he started running toward the site, hoping that Senna was already on her way to meet him.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [BleachITP] Episode 7: "The Master Without a Voice! Masato's Training Begins"

Tyler was out for a late-night walk.

Ever since the accident, and the subsequent...changes...he'd needed less sleep.

He was wandering along, considering getting some coffee, when he saw Masato running towards him

"Hey! Masato, wasn't it? What's the hurry, man? Is everything alright?"
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-06-23 at 06:15 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: [BleachITP] Episode 7: "The Master Without a Voice! Masato's Training Begins"

This wasn't the kind of distraction he needed. Masato had to think fast to come up with an excuse.

"Just going to meet a friend, but I think I'm late!" he explained as he came to a stop before the other boy. It wasn't the most convincing thing he could come up with, but with the feeling of a hollow bearing down nearby, he didn't have time to think straight.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler caught up with his jog.

He felt something in the air; it was similar to the other times he'd confronted those masked monsters.

"It's late enough it might be dangerous out. I'll jog with you, it's on my way back home. I'm Tyler, by the way. I think we've only barely met."

He's keeping up with no real effort in his breathing.

Of course, his stride's longer, too.

5. - Top - End - #5

Great, now he had some innocent bystander jogging alongside him. There was certainly no good that could come from this situation. Hopefully when he found Senna, Tyler would leave them alone. The last thing he needed was for a fellow classmate to end up hurt from his own shinigami business.

"Well, you already know my name. We're in the same class. I've seen you around school a bit," he replied, trying to make small talk and keep the mood light, all the while running toward the growing sense of dread in the distance.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler nods.

"Yeah, not sure why we haven't crossed paths more. Any reason you're running to your friend? You that late?"

He pauses, then waggles his eyebrows.

"Are you hurrying because it's a lady friend? Are you late, late, late for a very important date?"

The whole time, Tyler was getting more worried. It was like Masato didn't feel the monster at all! He was running right at it, the fool! Most people, even the least sensitive of people had a kind of gut feeling that steered them away from such things.

(OOC: I think this whole "the idiot! he's running right at it!" thing should be a running gag (pun intended) until we get there.)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Natsuko is standing on a roof.

Helping Masoto and Senna had allowed her to take her mind of her Dad's death.

She started jumping along the rooftops, heading towards the Hollow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8

Masato's head whipped to meet Tyler's as he immediately started to defend himself. "What?! No! I mean, it is a girl yes, but not... No! No, I'm not!"

So much for a good excuse and worst of all, he didn't have the time to come up with anything else. They were almost there...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler can't help it.

He lets out a deep belly laugh.

"I see. You want to keep it on the down-low. Why? Overprotective family? Shy girl? Both of you just the private types?"

On the outside, he was laughing. On the inside...he was cursing the fact of how blind Masato was. The guy just kept running right at the monster! It was crazy!

Maybe love was blinding him.

10. - Top - End - #10

((Neknoh, I godmodded Senna to the scene, since I know you wouldn't be on for a while yet. I didn't think you'd mind anyway, but if you for some reason do, then I can get rid of it.))

Masato ignored Tyler's prodding and focused on finding the hollow. They were close enough now that he expected to see it leap from the shadows at any minute, but it was still quiet. The lack of activity didn't keep him from running, however. He bolted across an open field as quickly as he could, and upon reaching the top of a small hill, surveyed his surroundings.

Where could it be hiding? Before he had time to think any more, he felt a hand smash into the back of his head. In an instant, he separated from his living body and rolled down the hill, screaming the entire time. Once he reached the bottom, he jumped to his feet and shot a glare back to the top, only to have it shot right back by a disgruntled Senna.

"Stop screaming, you idiot! You'll attract more attention!!" she shrieked down to him. Before he could reply, however, Masato's attention was ripped toward a nearby treeline, where they heard the familiar sound of a hollow's scream.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler started to panic when that girl--Senna, he remembered her name being--shoved her hand at Masato's head, and he collapsed.

Right as he rolled out of his body.

'....Huh. Funky. I'll have to get him to explain this.'

"Uh, Senna, if screaming attracts it, maybe you shouldn't-"

His head snaps towards the sound of the scream.

"Ah, crap."

With that, Tyler started running. Towards the screaming monster.

12. - Top - End - #12

Masato noticed Tyler making a beeline for the direction of the hollow and immediately shouted, "What are you doing?! Why are you running toward it?! You'll get yourself killed!"

He quickly leaped into action and caught up to the boy. They both managed to keep an even pace with each other as they barreled toward the treeline.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"No, I won't. You're not the only one with a nifty trick, Masato."

Tyler's head is encased in a black and white mask. His steps are quicker, allowing him to easily pace Masato.

"Let's take the monster down, then trade stories."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-06-24 at 12:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Then Natsuko jumps in. And stares at Tyler.

I've got to learn this story.

Who wants a crack at the Hollow?

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I do, pretty lady. But if you want first crack, by all means. Ladies first."

There's not really much, if any, sarcasm in that last bit. It's like he's being polite or something.

Surely, a miracle for those barbarian Yankee Americans.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Goody.

Natsuko forms her Quincy bow, and starts taking shots at the Hollow.

There was a time when we Quincy could only destroy Hollows, not purify them. Good thing that time has gone.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #17

((This hollow isn't the one I talked about in the PMs. This is just a normal hollow that any one of us could own for now, so if anyone else wants him, go ahead.))

"Natsuko. I was wondering when you were going to show up. Can never seem to keep you away from the action, eh?" Masato joked. He grabbed hold of the hilt of his blade and quickly drew it from its sheath, proudly brandishing it before himself.

"Let's not waste any time."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"No idea what you're talking about, Natsuko, but I'll listen to a pretty girl's stories anytime. Masato, you hit it high, I hit it low?"

Tyler somehow managed to seamlessly be serious, flirty, and excited for a fight, all at once.

He crouched, fists clenched, ready to pounce on the Hollow.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

You boys finish it off. Let Masoto get the final blow, though. Alright?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Sure. I'll just break its legs."

Sonido. Crack.

"And maybe the back, too!"

Crack. Sonido.

He's standing next to his new found friends again. If they could see his face, they'd see the big smile he had on his face.

21. - Top - End - #21

Before anyone else could take another step, Masato had plunged his blade into the head of the beast. It cried out in pain before dissipating into the cool night air. Masato let out a small sigh of relief, then turned to the others.

"Since when have you had these kinds of powers?" he asked Tyler as his sword found its way back home. No wonder the kid had been so excited to find the hollow. He could hold his own pretty well.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

And why is there a startling resembelance between your reiatsu and that of a Hollow?

I'd almost say you're a Vizard...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"A what? I've had these powers about a year now. It's a pretty good package. Stylish mask, fancy powers, beat up some monsters. All in a day's work."

His mask crumbles away as he assumes a casual pose.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

You do realise that you're essentially partly one of these monsters?

Did you need to struggle to control them or somthing?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    You do realise that you're essentially partly one of these monsters?

Did you need to struggle to control them or somthing?
    "I...huh."

He blew out a breath.

"I got these powers about a year back. I pushed a little girl out of the way of a car, and got hit myself. I was medically dead right as the ambulance arrived. Some weird monster, like that one but small, and really weak, popped up. It started gnawing on me. After a minute, I managed to kick it away. Right after that...I changed. Into a monster. For just a second, I had...no inhibitions. Just rage, pain...and a desire to hurt and consume. I had some weird chain stuck by the very edge to a hole right here." He taps a spot midway along his left collarbone."I was about to rip it off...when it yanked me back. They revived me, and...somehow, the monster got driven away. I was me again. But...I had this mask on my head. It made me heal up enough I was out of danger."

Tyler sighs, and looks up to the stars.

"No struggles, Natsuko. Just the mask. I have nightmares, but they're regular ones, driven by my own fears. I've been trying to teach myself how to use these powers ever since. Occasionally fight one of these monsters, but only weak ones. I'm not good enough to fight the tough ones yet."

His eyes slid over, and he looked sidways at Masato.

"I've seen a lot of people like you running around lately, Masato. Killing those things, and...sending spirits onward. What were they called again? I've kind of steered clear so as to not step on any toes."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

They're called Hollows. They are essentially souls that have either stayed too long after death, or have been attacked by other Hollows. They try to consume other souls to ease their pain...

What's happened to you, however, is completely unprecedented.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler suddenly grinned.

"I'm an Air Force brat, babe. I live to set new records, break barriers, and go beyond the impossible."

He winks.

"And all that before lunch."

28. - Top - End - #28

"So what?" Masato sighed, interrupting the two of them. "Who cares if it's 'unprecedented.' What happened happened, and now he's got some cool powers to go along with. He's a good hand to have in a fight. Just make sure you don't get too big a head about it. These things can be dangerous if you—"

Another hollow's shriek pierced the air. It wasn't far, but this one was further in the city. His blade was drawn once again in the blink of an eye, but just before he managed to take a step away, something stopped him dead in his tracks. Yet another hollow scream. Coming from the opposite direction.

"Damn. I can't handle both of these at once. You guys take care of the other one!" he ordered before hurrying off into the city.

((I hate you people. I had to revise my post about 3 times before I could actually post it because of the changing dialogue. Slow down a little.

Also, the hollows in question are still normal, everyday hollows, so go nuts. There's going to be a lot more of them and they aren't going to stop coming, so just keep wiping them out as long as you want.))

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, no. An American Vizard. What did we do to deserve this?

She summons her bow again. I shall now demonstrate the advantages of having a ranged weapon.

Shoot the Hollow!
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-06-24 at 01:05 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Oh, no. An American Vizard. What did we do to deserve this?

She summons her bow again. I shall now demonstrate the advantages of having a ranged weapon.

Shoot the Hollow!
    Tyler gives off a beaming smile.

"Why, you merely walked upon the earth, pretty lady. I'm your reward for being such a beautiful specimen. I hope I'm up to spec."

As the two of them approach hollows, he gets slightly more serious.

"Nice trick. I prefer the direct approach!"

Once more masked, he leaps at a nearby Hollow, smashing its mask in, before buzzing to the next one, also smashing it.

He then settles down near Natsuko.

"Fear not, fair princess! I shalle ensure no Hollow surprises you at close range! Together, we shall be unstoppable!"

With an overacted laugh, he proceed to smash any Hollows that get "too close".