Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BleachITP] Episode 7: "The Master Without a Voice! Masato's Training Begins"

oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap..... Metta takes a few breaths to calm himself, stands up, and dusts himself off. "Alright. If you're a shinigami, and that's your zanpaktou...You live in a place called the Soul Society, as a member of the 13 Court Guard Squads. Each of the 13 Divisions that reside in the Court of Pure Souls is led by a captain, all of which follow the leadership of the Commander General. How am i doing so far?"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: [BleachITP] Episode 7: "The Master Without a Voice! Masato's Training Begins"

Hrm. Abokku pauses. Accurate information you have there. Have you heard of the Kenpachi?
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Uh, yeah. Big guy, eyepatch, spiky hair. I have a feeling that, assuming this isn't a crazy hoax, you're probably in his squad."

4. - Top - End - #124

Zombie

Hey, that's Shirubaru's Squad! says Abokku, outraged, nodding its head towards Shirubaru. He's the only Kenpachi around here! He's been Kenpachi for over 70 years!

...Okay, he's not any more. But my point still stands!

There is a pause.

And eyepatches are for wimps, mutters Abokku. Shiru just leaves his missing eye for all to see.

There is a longer pause.

Who's been telling you this stuff, anyway? Because they've obviously gotten their facts wrong.
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-06-28 at 06:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

Metta blinks at the outburst. He reaches into the small satchel-bag slung over his shoulder and pulls out a manga. He holds it out for Shirubaru to look at. "From this series. It's called Bleach. Not all that well known, but it's pretty long-running." He flips to a page and holds it open. "This is the Kenpachi that I know. But based on your weapon's comment, I'm going to assume that the title that this character took for his name is, in 'reality', your title." Great, alternate universe. My basic knowledge should be sound, but past that, useless...

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

*the sound of a sound stage wall falling echoes through the apartment*

((I'm sorry, barging in, but I had to do it.

Carry on. Feel free to ignore it.))
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Metta looked over. There appeared to be a miniature sound-stage wall leaning against one of the nearby walls. It had a large crack going down the middle. It hadn't been there a moment ago. It proceeded to not be there any longer. Metta face-palmed. "I really hope I didn't do that. Because if I did, my subconscious has a terrible sense of humor."
    Suddenly, a voice spoke up in his head. "What do you mean terrible? Huh?" Metta's right eye twitched once, he mumbled something like 'god dammit', and then collapsed on the floor unconscious.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

The book gets snatched. Right, what do they have about Quincies...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler walks back into the front area of the house.

Seeing Senna, he lets out a wolf whistle. Waggling his eyebrows, he says "You need to go say good morning to Masato, Senna. I'm sure he'd appreciate it."

Yes, he's a bit of a cad. He hangs around military guys a lot. And he's harmless; he's just having fun.

"What book, babe?"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Look.

Natsuko hands the manga to Tyler. Apparently, you're Mexican.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Wha? Mexican?"

He looks.

"I don't look much like this dude at all...and my power looks completely different, and I got it completely differently. But sure, I'm a Mexican, what they hay. I'll let Mom and Dad know. Where'd you dig this up, Metta? I don't recognize the author or the magazine."

He's sarcastic, but not bitingly so. He's mostly confused.

Edit: Then he notices Metta is asleep. He proceeds to prod the boy with his foot.

"Metta! Wake up, dude! Where'd you get this manga? I don't recognize the author, publisher, or magazine."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-06-28 at 10:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

After mere moments of unconsciousness, Metta awakens. "I'm awake, I'm awake." He blinks and moves to a nearby chair. He seems to process what Tyler said to him as he was regaining consciousness. "Ugh. I got it at that little specialty manga and book store down town. There's a whole pile of them in a corner. The place, as small as it is, is full of all sorts of small-name rare manga, as well as books of all kinds. It's run by a girl, um...Yomiko. Yeah. Well, she has books stacked up -everywhere-. I visit pretty often. Got some of my class books for almost half as much as where I found them on the internet."

Noticing who had his manga, he laughs once to himself, and then speaks to Natsuko. "I see. Based on that bracelet, you're a quincy. So the history is different as well. The Shinigami didn't kill almost all of you off. Uryu would appreciate that."

He shakes his head and looks around. "I take it the armless dead guy was the one making the pancakes. Rather, armless and jawless captain of squad eleven, who is here to...what? Get stronger? Train your version of Ichigo?" After speaking, his eyes widen slightly. "Alright, please tell me that what little I remember last night was wrong. Masato is a newly-created shinigami, after using Senna's power to awaken his own. He's met and befriended the quincy Natsuko, as well as the spiritually awakened Tyler....and...Oh dammit. I'm Orihime."

He slumps over, allowing his head to firmly impact the surface of the kitchen table adjacent to him. A faint 'ow' can be heard, followed by Metta turning his head enough so one eye is showing. "Think I could have some of those pancakes now?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"To be honest Metta, I only caught some of what you mean. Of course, I only found out much beyond what I could do, and that those "Hollows" are bad, last night."

As he talks, he walks over and gets Metta a plate with a couple of pancakes.

"How do you want them?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Eaten." He takes the plate, then picks one up with his hand and begins munching on it. "Hey, not bad. Good job snake. Now if you excuse me, I need to sit here for a while and figure out if I'm crazy or not." He leans back in the chair and crosses his legs, zoning out while looking at the ceiling. He continues to slowly eat.

15. - Top - End - #135

"Why not just invite the whole city in for some pancakes? We can explain everything about hollows and shinigami all at once! And then we can tell them about the giant fighting robots and the high-school girl who can destroy the world with her mind!"

Masato was standing in the doorway from the other room, looking into the kitchen where everyone had apparently been gathering. He had an arm wrapped around his waist, cradling the fresh bandages.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

16. - Top - End - #136

Zombie

You're up, kid! says Abokku happily, with Shiru striding forward. Your friends have been telling us all about you. You've been a Substitute Shinigami what, a matter of days? And you've already achieved your Shikai. And we sensed your reiatsu back there too. Whee-oo. Impressive stuff.

You have what we in the business know as potential.

So tell me. How would you feel about getting stronger? Shirubaru and I could make it so that you need never fear for your sister again. You could protect her, and other innocents like her. These are dark, difficult times. Someone with potential like you could make a lot of difference.

With us to train you... you could do what we... failed to do. You could bring an end to all this death. All this suffering.

Shirubaru would extend a hand to you in friendship, but he doesn't have one.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    "Why not just invite the whole city in for some pancakes? We can explain everything about hollows and shinigami all at once! And then we can tell them about the giant fighting robots and the high-school girl who can destroy the world with her mind!"

Masato was standing in the doorway from the other room, looking into the kitchen where everyone had apparently been gathering. He had an arm wrapped around his waist, cradling the fresh bandages.
    "Uh, Masato? He's not just anyone. Metta here can...make stuff. Out of thin air. I should know, he hit me the face with a crowbar."

After Shirubaru's offer, Tyler grins.

"Any way that can be group training?"

He's about to take a bite of pancake, when he frowns in thought.

"Uh, Shirubaru? What did you stir the pancakes with?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tyler did not have a lot of time to speak after his howl, and as soon as it was over, it was as if Senna had pulled something out of nowhere and slapped him with it. Upon further inspection of the object, Senna had grabbed an empty two-litre bottle from next to the fridge and rammed it straight into his cheek.

"Don't howl at me hollow-boy!" she growled before turning arround, "And who the hell is this! And why is he carrying Manga arround? I mean, how geeky ARE you kid!", Senna completely forgets to take her vast stockpile of Hello Kitty clothes and accessories allong with her shelf of J-Drama seasons (she's especially proud of her Limited, De-luxe edition of Oturan, a tale of a high school teacher who desperately tries to manage his everyday life whilst his girlfriend thinks he is cheating on her with his students. ¤epic tears start to run down her cheeks as she thinks about it¤)

And with the entry of Masato, the tears go away in an instant, "IF YOU'VE BLEAD ON MY BEDSHEETS, YOU'RE THE ONE WASHING THEM!" she roars at him.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

19. - Top - End - #139

Masato was stunned silent with Senna's outburst. He began to prepare a response, but realized that anything he said almost certainly would be held against him, so he shut up and tried to change the subject.

"Training?" he asked ignorantly, turning his attention to Shirubaru. "What do I need training for? I seem to recall doing pretty well on my own out there. Besides, I don't have the time for that kind of stuff. We have exams coming up!"

20. - Top - End - #140

Zombie

What the hell do exams matter? roars Abokku, coiling up and hissing in rage. Have you been watching the news recently? All these deaths? All this destruction? They might call it "terrorism" or "gas leaks" but it's vast forces battling over our heads!

Shirubaru used to be a powerful player in this vast battle. Not any more. Look at him. Crippled. Mute. Weak. Our side - the good guys, the Shinigami - we've lost a powerful asset in Shirubaru. Ashamed, we fled Soul Society. And look what falls into our lap. A supremely powerful kid. An opportunity to replace the gap left in Shirubaru's departure with someone potentially almost as strong.

Let us train you, Masato. Do you really think you can defend yourself? Shirubaru could beat you up right now, even without his arms, even without me to help. At the moment you are a minor player, and if you don't get stronger sharpish, an Espada might misstep and crush you underfoot without even noticing.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post
    Tyler did not have a lot of time to speak after his howl, and as soon as it was over, it was as if Senna had pulled something out of nowhere and slapped him with it. Upon further inspection of the object, Senna had grabbed an empty two-litre bottle from next to the fridge and rammed it straight into his cheek.
    Tyler goes stumbling back a few feet.

"Don't howl at me hollow-boy!" she growled before turning arround, "And who the hell is this! And why is he carrying Manga arround? I mean, how geeky ARE you kid!", Senna completely forgets to take her vast stockpile of Hello Kitty clothes and accessories allong with her shelf of J-Drama seasons (she's especially proud of her Limited, De-luxe edition of Oturan, a tale of a high school teacher who desperately tries to manage his everyday life whilst his girlfriend thinks he is cheating on her with his students. ¤epic tears start to run down her cheeks as she thinks about it¤)
    He gets back up, rather ticked.
    "Point the first, it was a wolf whistle. A sarcastic method of informing a female that a male finds her, in some way, attractive. Point the second. Do. Not. Call. Me. Hollow Boy. I am not one of those monsters, you hear me? I help people. I mean really help them, not sit around screaming and smacking them like you."

He pauses, and starts to pace a bit.

"Point the third, this si Metta, from school He is here due to his recently-discovered ability to manifest physical objects with mere willpower and thought. They are very much real, as I discovered to my chagrin. Point the fourth."

He turns and stabs his finger at her accusingly.

"I think you have no room at all to judge someone for their taste in entertainment, Miss "I have every bit of Hello Kitty stuff in existence". I won't stoop to calling you names for your taste, but I will note that you're just as bad. You've got a whole shelf of manga over there. It's just not what he reads. If all you shinigami are so intolerant, maybe I should make sure not to die."

And with the entry of Masato, the tears go away in an instant, "IF YOU'VE BLEAD ON MY BEDSHEETS, YOU'RE THE ONE WASHING THEM!" she roars at him.
    Suddenly, Tyler is next to Masato. He stage whispers to the other boy.

"Is she always so moody in the morning? Or is this just...bad timing?"

He then smiles at Senna, reaches over, and holds out a plate with a couple of pancakes on it.

"Pancakes?"

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Zaraki View Post
    Let us train you, Masato. Do you really think you can defend yourself? Shirubaru could beat you up right now, even without his arms, even without me to help. At the moment you are a minor player, and if you don't get stronger sharpish, an Espada might misstep and crush you underfoot without even noticing.
    "You want me to believe that a guy with no arms and no mouth can still beat me up? Although I don't usually talk big to threats from snakes, that's ridiculous," Masato boasted, without a second thought. He looked the snake dead in the eyes, then continued, "I could take both you and him without so much as breaking a sweat."

((In case you can't figure it out, Masato is going to need to be shown how much he sucks. ))

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler hears Masato's boast.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2009-06-29 at 03:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    "You want me to believe that a guy with no arms and no mouth can still beat me up? Although I don't usually talk big to threats from snakes, that's ridiculous," Masato boasted, without a second thought. He looked the snake dead in the eyes, then continued, "I could take both you and him without so much as breaking a sweat."

((In case you can't figure it out, Masato is going to need to be shown how much he sucks. ))
    Abokku grins. Wrong thing to say. The serpentine Zanpaktou slithers onto the floor. Go get 'im, Shiru.

Shirubaru shunpo's out of existence and appears behind Masato, his leg sweeping round in an attempt to hook him and trip him up.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145

Masato blinked.

Then he was on the floor, pain shooting across his entire body. He didn't even know what had happened, but he had lost. A lot faster than he thought he would, too.

He let out a low growl, pushed the pain to the back of his mind, then hopped back onto his feet. Shirubaru was waiting for him, so he charged forward and spun around, letting his kick gain power along the way.

Got you now.

26. - Top - End - #146

Zombie

Shirubaru leaps into the air, high above Masato's own kick, and spins around impossibly fast, before delivering a kick of his own to the side of Masato's head.

Use your sword, advises Abokku. If you don't use your sword you'll die.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

"Don't tell me what to do!" Masato shouted at the snake before getting back to his feet. He watched his enemy for a long moment, taking in everything that he could. After waiting for the perfect moment, Masato lunged forward, bringing his fist back and readying the hardest punch he could muster.

In the blink of an eye, he was just a single step from Shirubaru again, but just as quickly as he had started, something else stopped him dead in his tracks.

Someone was knocking.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Tyler was getting frustrated. These idiots were going to wreck the house.

He was about to tell them to take it outside, when he heard the knock.

"Ah, crap. I'll get it. You all try to clean up, I'll stall for time."

Going to the door, Tyler cracks it open; enough for him to see out and talk through, but no more.

"Yes?"

29. - Top - End - #149

"Uh... Is Masato here?" asked Miharu, curiously watching the kid peek at her through the barely opened doorway.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Uh, yeah. He is. But, um. He's...he's still, you know, getting ready. You know, morning stuff. Shower, brushing teeth, getting dressed, all that. I, can, um, go get him?"

He tries very hard to look innocent, smiling as he speaks.

It mostly succeeds. Maybe.