New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11365152535455565758596061
Results 1,801 to 1,823 of 1823
  1. - Top - End - #1801
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Test Of Spite Dungeon Direct, Special edition [3.5]

well... we'll assume Tina dismisses the disguise of a mermaid and exchanges details which convince them, then she shares that the squiddie thingies teleported out to who knows where recently and could be manuvering for an ambush... Can we move together quickly towards the heart of the demiplane please?
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.

2. - Top - End - #1802
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

(also assuming Gladiator is convinced)
    "The problem is: how to find the heart of this "demiplane"?" (looks at Doc for inspiration, remembering his attempt to find a city outside the first castle with magic)

3. - Top - End - #1803
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

OOC: Are we going to be finding someone to take over Jaya anytime soon?

4. - Top - End - #1804
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Now would be a good time to do it, yes. Olo, do you want to advertise in the Test of Spite thread?

Also, Tina and Dok might have a few things to relate to the other party members while we wait. :)
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

5. - Top - End - #1805
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

ooc: I suggest to offer the new player of the wizard an opportunity to completely redo the build if he or she likes to. Not all may agree with Pharaoh's Fist kind of build.

6. - Top - End - #1806

Planetar

Tyndmyr's volunteered to be our replacement. I've posted him some links, so we should be hearing from him soon.
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

7. - Top - End - #1807
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Dok looks around.

Now isn't this a convenient surprise? I guess she wasn't lying after all...

8. - Top - End - #1808

Planetar

(Heh. Turns out that Tyndmyr's PM box is full, and he doesn't receive emails, so there doesn't actually seem to be any way to contact him. Hopefully he'll notice the post in the ToS thread soon . . .)

9. - Top - End - #1809
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

OOC: I shouldn't have used that cone of cold. I was confused by Pharaoh's notation and thought that he had one memorized; instead he had already cast it. He just informed me of this... I don't think it did any damage, but, if it did, your monsters can have their hp back.

10. - Top - End - #1810

Planetar

It's fine. Just make sure you've got the spells correct for the next encounter.

I've been trying to get in touch with Tyndmyr, but haven't succeeded. Does anyone have him on AIM or something similar?

11. - Top - End - #1811
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I did send him a PM right after he volunteered with Jaya's sheet...I don't believe his PM-box was full then...

12. - Top - End - #1812
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

"Maybe we should try to get away from here as fast as possible. Doc, can you still do this magic of yours that finds places? Now would be a good time.
    Also, beware of a massive humanoid with a squid-like head that can attack your mind-it is around here with two demon-like guards."
    (gives short summary of what happened to the lip-reading Doc).
    "But I am glad to see you again- apparently waking up after dying here can happen quite fast by now (not sure though whether that is supposed to be a good or bad sign...)"
    Last edited by Sir Giacomo; 2010-03-11 at 01:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1813
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Something you all ought to know...Lilian is still around. She let me go past her but wanted me to ask for her clothes back. She also would like to avoid combat if we pass her again.

14. - Top - End - #1814

Planetar

(OK, I think we might as well give up on Tyndmyr. Olo, could you try in the ToS thread again?)

15. - Top - End - #1815
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like I'm playing Jaya now. I'll try not to disappoint.

Is this sheet accurate for prepared and cast spells? If not, does anyone know how things stand?

I can't edit that sheet, which could get annoying as things progress. Should I make a new one? If so, am I allowed to change anything? I don't plan on any huge changes, but I'd like to know in case I see something I don't agree with.
    Editor and playtester for Legend.

16. - Top - End - #1816

Planetar

The sheet's accurate . . . I think. You'll need to edit it sooner or later. Olo, any way you can give Claudius read/write access? If not, you'll have to copy it, I guess, which is a little tedious, but oh well.

Yes, you can make any minor changes you want. Make sure to PM me with the list, though.

17. - Top - End - #1817
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Hi Claudius Maximus, thanks for jumping in!

In case of any question of what the pcs would know so far - just ask (it is not that much actually)
    In a nutshell, the party got magicked to these realms and tries to survive a series of challenges that are connected by magic portals. Currently we are in the fourth major demiplane/challenge (apparently endless underwater world, with a mindflayer-like creature accompanied by two stronge outsider-like humanoids accompanying it and looking for us - it already attacked mentally Jaya and Gladiator before we retreated).
    The Lilian that Dok referred to is an alien woman (alien, as in: her true shape is a woman with tentacles on her back) with powerful magic/enchantment abilities, possibly power over undead and who posed as a cleric of Pelor to trick the party. So far we believed that you can only move forward through the portals but never back - but Lilian appears to be able to move through them freely, so she may appear at any time again.
    On the sheet:
    Just a small detail for now - Jaya handed one of the large longbows in her bag of holding to Gladiator, alongside arrows.
    And: in the character sheet I did not see what exactly were the spells cast - I think Pharaoh's Fist had cast quite a lot already and needs rest to relearn.
    Possibly the group could do just that now (or asap, given the hostile environment):
    Rest and move on (would be a clear cut).

18. - Top - End - #1818
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for all that information, Giacomo. I'll note that about the Longbow.

I copied Jaya's sheet, with a few minor changes. New version here.

Are there any objections to what I've done?

19. - Top - End - #1819
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

I still can no longer see the spells learned and cast, but otherwise it is fine.

20. - Top - End - #1820
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a checkmark thing under the skills that displays the spells, which you should be able to toggle. For the life of me, I can't get it to be on by default.

21. - Top - End - #1821
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Ah, I see - Great!

Should we continue now...and maybe use the occasion to start a new playthread? (I do not know how long this one can still get).

Gladiator suggests:
    - that Dok heals the weakened state of Jaya (if he can do it and the shadow-induced weakness has not gone away yet)
    - we find the next portal, with magic or by swimming around looking for something unusual.
    - Dok buffs the group up as much as he can with long-term buffs in case we get attacked again (Gladiator's rod of minor extend still has three uses for the day).

22. - Top - End - #1822

Planetar

Yup, sounds like a good idea. I've finally had the time to go over Claudius' adjustments.

We're at 1800 posts, so yes, I think it's an appropriate time to start a new thread. Just check with Mostly and Olo to make sure they know it's done, then I'll create the new thread. I think I also might do a short recap, since this game's been going for the best part of a year now and I wouldn't be surprised of a lot of stuff has been forgotten.

23. - Top - End - #1823
    Dwarf in the Playground

Thought it might help to pop in and point out that the new thread is at: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146760

Anyway, I can hear Pharaoh's ghost ordering me out, so I'll fade back into the shadows.
    My homebrew (that I like enough to sig, anyway):
    Sublime Ranger, Incarnum Paladin

Many thanks to lindorm for the amazing SHODAN-clam avatar!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!