New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Test Of Spite Dungeon Direct, Special edition [3.5]

Boys? There's been a fundamental misunderstanding here.
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.

2. - Top - End - #182

"Them! Them! They are male... I think."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Seriously? The demons trying to eat your face? For real? Damn girl!
    Give them bread and circusses and the plebs wont rise against you. Give adventurers dungeons and trapped chests and they won't waste time looking to ransack your home and kill your wife.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Pansy elf archers. Cain't e'en fight right. And cain't handle a simple spell.

Dok moves to G3.
    Leopard charges ugly green hamburger in C8
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claw attack - (1d20+18)[19]
    Claw attack - (1d20+18)[21]
    Bite attack - (1d20+20)[35]
    Claw damage - (1d4+7)[9]
    Claw damage - (1d4+7)[11]
    Bite damage - (1d8+12)[13]
    If Bite hits:
    Grapple - (1d20+19)[26]
    Rake attack - (1d20+17)[23]
    Rake damage - (1d4+4)[8]
    Dok casts Wind Wall, going: C6-H6, H5, H4-M4, M5-M7, L7-H7.

Edit: Well, that's certainly a set of rolls. Though I just realized, do you apply the bonus from charging to a grapple check? I didn't, but I may need that if this run of luck continues.
    Last edited by Sstoopidtallkid; 2009-07-12 at 09:40 AM.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Nope, doesn't apply.

Wind Wall gets most of the way, but cuts off at column L as it hits the wall of force.

Grapple: (1d20+15)[24]
    Other rolls: (1d20+21)[23], (1d20+16)[29], (1d20+16)[29]
    Climb: (1d20+2)[13]
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

6. - Top - End - #186

Planetar

Round 11.

The left ugly green thing gets jumped on, grabbed, and clawed about by the giant leopard. It fights back and concentrates, but doesn't seem to accomplish anything.

The right ugly green thing makes an angry noise as the wind wall goes up. It sprints forward, getting right up in Jaya and Tina's faces, and fires at Tina from point blank range, trying to finish her off.

Attack 1: (1d20+15)[22]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[16]
    Combined miss chance (1-60 misses): (1d100)[34]
    Attack 2: (1d20+15)[26]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[15]
    Combined miss chance (1-60 misses): (1d100)[86]

One of the remaining ugly blubbery things runs up and claws at Dok.

Attack: (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[6]
    Miss chance (1-20 misses): (1d100)[24]

The other ugly blubbery thing makes a yammering noise and the obscuring mist turns to nauseating fog again. (Stinking cloud effect overlaid on the obscuring mist, again. DC 13 Fort saves from Tina, Dok, and Jaya or be nauseated for 1d4+1 rounds.)

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P
    1|||||M|M|M|G|G|M|M|||||
    2||||||M|M|M|M|M|J|||||
    3||F|F||||D|M|M|T|G||S|||
    4||F|F||||B|M|M|C|||||
    5||||||||B|C|C||||||
    6|||||||C|C|C|C||||||
    7|||||||C|C|C|C||||||
    8|||G|L|L||C|C|C|C||||||
    9||||L|L||||C|C||||||
    10||||||||||||||||
    11|||||||||||||B|||
    12||||||||||||||||
    13||||||||||||||||
    14||||||||||||||||
    15||||||||||||||||
    16||||||||||||||||[/table]

Looks like your luck's in for this round. Tina, Dok, Jaya, Fort saves, then your turn.
    Last edited by Saph; 2009-07-12 at 10:18 AM.
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Wha's this supposed to be? You nostalgic for your mom's cooking?
    Fort - (1d20+16)[32]
    Last edited by Sstoopidtallkid; 2009-07-12 at 10:31 AM.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Fort Save (d20+7)[9] add 2 if it's su

Full attack right back vs flatfooted

(d20+12)[13] damage (7d6)[20] +2str (blink miss on 1/2 (d10)[10]
    (d20+12)[16] damage (7d6)[21] +2str (blink miss on 1/2 (d10)[6]
    (d20+7)[21] damage (7d6)[20] 2 str (blink miss on 1/2 (d10)[6]

Jaya, if you've got anything to put this guy down right now I'd really appreciate it cause I'm about two very small steps away from joining the dead oxymoron!!!!

Edit: Ooooo... I forgot I've still got a 5' step to make, right. Back into the fog then to 3I then.
    Last edited by mostlyharmful; 2009-07-12 at 02:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

Fort: (1d20+9)[28]

10. - Top - End - #190

"I do infact have something for them."

Jaya takes a 5 ft step east out of the fog, then casts a spell.

"Waves of FATIGUE!"

SR:
    1: (1d20+4)[9] +12 = 21
    2: (1d20+4)[8] +12 = 20
    Last edited by Pharaoh's Fist; 2009-07-12 at 01:28 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Rules question:Does Freedom of Movement work against nausea? RAW it seems to, but if you want to call that exploitive, I understand.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ok, so I fluffed the Fort roll this turn and my full attack didn't happen. so instead I'll take a move action into the tree cover in G1 and Hide there

Hide (d20+30)[48]

Edit: Sorry Pharaoh
    Last edited by mostlyharmful; 2009-07-12 at 03:33 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

You had to hide, didn't you? I'd still like a ruling on FoM v. Nausea, since it my come up again, but here we go.

Leopard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bite Attack - (1d20+14)[18]
    Rake Attack - (1d20+15)[16]
    Rake Attack - (1d20+15)[21]
    Bite damage - (1d8+12)[19]
    Rake damage - (1d4+4)[5]
    Rake damage - (1d4+4)[6]
    Dok: Attempt to Tumble to J3. tumble - (1d20+9)[16] Cast Call Lightning defensively. conc - (1d20+19)[21]. This round, attack the archer at K3. damage - (3d6)[17]

Let nature's fury turn all to rock and glass!
    Last edited by Sstoopidtallkid; 2009-07-12 at 03:46 PM.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    You had to hide, didn't you?
    ooc: As opposed to what exactly? Standing there with my three hit points and taking it like a man? HA! I've been without a decent tank to hide behind this fight so I'll settle for hiding in trees thank you.

I'd love to help but not without a fair to middling chance of not imploding, frankly I'm well out beyound character as it is to be worrying about total strangers when these things damn near shish Kebabed my PC within seconds of jumping the portal.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmful View Post
    ooc: As opposed to what exactly? Standing there with my three hit points and taking it like a man? HA! I've been without a decent tank to hide behind this fight so I'll settle for hiding in trees thank you.

I'd love to help but not without a fair to middling chance of not imploding, frankly I'm well out beyound character as it is to be worrying about total strangers when these things damn near shish Kebabed my PC within seconds of jumping the portal.
    I know, it's far more reasonable, I had just planned to(maybe) get rid of your nausea. But since you posted before I could get a ruling, now you're sick and hiding while I chuck 3d6 and my pet rolls terribly. Not your fault, just annoying. Especially since my cat should be able to take that archer in a grapple.
    Last edited by Sstoopidtallkid; 2009-07-12 at 03:55 PM.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I know, it's far more reasonable, I had just planned to(maybe) get rid of your nausea. But since you posted before I could get a ruling, now you're sick and hiding while I chuck 3d6 and my pet rolls terribly. Not your fault, just annoying. Especially since my cat should be able to take that archer in a grapple.
    As far as I can see my character hasn't seen or heard yours and even if I have I can't tell that a/ your a druid and b/ you've got a denausia spell and c/ you'd do that rather than anything else next turn. So I can't rely on your healing in combat even though I'd love to get a denausification (although I'd still be standing in frount of this thing with a target painted on my face and 3 measley hp). To be honest, at this point it'd probably be a waste of your action to keep me upright and moving, I'd be taken down straight away either way.
    Last edited by mostlyharmful; 2009-07-12 at 04:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

As far as I can see my character hasn't seen or heard yours and even if I have I can't tell that a/ your a druid and b/ you've got a denausia spell and c/ you'd do that rather than anything else next turn. So I can't rely on your healing in combat even though I'd love to get a denausification (although I'd still be standing in frount of this thing with a target painted on my face and 3 measley hp). To be honest, at this point it'd probably be a waste of your action to keep me upright and moving, I'd be taken down straight away either way.
    I have no problem with any of that line of reasoning. Like I said, it's just annoying. We could be far more effective if we in-character knew what the others were thinking.

Also, do you not have ranged capability?
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Also, do you not have ranged capability?
    Yeah, but so do they. Plus I've only got move actions for a while, don't know how long for until Saph rolls for rounds of nausea. Yes, we would be a whole lot better if we were co-ordinated but at the moment we're doing a bang up job of imitating a cluless bunch of randoms dropped into a horrible sucking hole of suckdom.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, we would be a whole lot better if we were co-ordinated but at the moment we're doing a bang up job of imitating a cluless bunch of randoms dropped into a horrible sucking hole of suckdom.
    And poison.

And what is up with the dice roller? Really? 5d20, no roll above a 7, average 4?
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

20. - Top - End - #200

Planetar

No, Freedom of Movement most definitely doesn't stop nausea. It gives immunity to effects that hinder movement. Nausea doesn't stop you from moving in any way.

Tina - You hide, although the total concealment from the mist makes it mostly irrelevant. You're nauseated for (1d4+1)[3] rounds, of which you've spent one.

Jaya - You try to 5' step and bump into the wall of force that you cast previously. Your spell goes off successfully, though.

Dok - Your tumble succeeds. The leopard's attacks fail epically. Your lightning bolt hits the archer and gets through its spell resistance (don't forget to roll CL in future when casting at these things) but does absolutely no damage whatsoever.

Note: It was really hard to interpret your turn as Call Lightning is supposed to take 1 round to cast. I've handwaved it since it didn't do any damage anyway, and I didn't want to wait for you to redo your action.

Other rolls:

Caster level check: (1d20+12)[30]
    Concentration: (1d20+21)[40]
    Climb: (1d20+2)[15]
    Last edited by Saph; 2009-07-13 at 05:12 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201

Planetar

Round 12.

The right ugly green thing staggers under Jaya's spell. With a snarl it sends a storm of arrows at her, though the attacks seem a bit weaker.

Attack 1: (1d20+12)[29]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[18]
    Miss chance (1-20 misses): (1d100)[42]
    Image targeting (1 is Jaya): (1d8)[1]
    Attack 2: (1d20+12)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[11]
    Miss chance (1-20 misses): (1d100)[64]
    Image targeting (1 is Jaya): (1d8)[2]
    Attack 3: (1d20+8)[25]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[18]
    Miss chance (1-20 misses): (1d100)[31]
    Image targeting (1 is Jaya): (1d8)[2]
    Attack 4: (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[12]
    Miss chance (1-20 misses): (1d100)[16]
    Image targeting (1 is Jaya): (1d8)[6]

The left ugly green thing vanishes from under Dog's claws, disappearing.

One of the ugly blubbery things scampers around and claws at Dok.

Attack: (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]
    Miss chance (1-20 misses): (1d100)[31]

A second ugly blubbery thing comes sliding over the walls of force, and the last one drops another stinking cloud on Dog.

{table=head]|A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P
    1|||||M|M|T|G|G|M|M|||||
    2||G||||M|M|M|M|M|J|||||
    3||F|F||||M|M|M|D|G||S|||
    4||F|F||||B|M|M|B|||||
    5|||||||||C|C||||||
    6|||||||C|C|C|C||||||
    7|||||||C|C|C|C||||||
    8||||L|L||C|C|C|C||||||
    9||||L|L||||C|C|B|||||
    10||||||||||||||||
    11||||||||||||||||
    12||||||||||||||||
    13||||||||||||||||
    14||||||||||||||||
    15||||||||||||||||
    16||||||||||||||||[/table]

Dok, Jaya, Tina, and Dog, more Fortitude saves vs nausea. DC 13 again.

I seriously don't want to do all the work to put yet another cloud effect on the map, so: there's a 20-foot radius stinking cloud on Dog, forming a square from A5 to G9. It blocks vision beyond 5 feet.

Players' turns. This has been quite an interesting combat so far.
    Last edited by Saph; 2009-07-13 at 05:01 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202

Planetar

Reroll image targeting: (1d7)[1]

Edit: You really don't have much luck with those mirror images, do you? One image gets hit and pops, but the other two arrows hit Jaya for 18 and 18 damage.
    Last edited by Saph; 2009-07-13 at 11:34 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Fort - (1d20+20)[35]
    Dog's Fort - (1d20+13)[20]

Okay, now I'm worried. Dog will charge the last enemy he saw, the blubbery thing at G4.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Claw Attack - (1d20+18)[35]
    Claw Attack - (1d20+18)[26]
    Bite Attack - (1d20+20)[22]
    Claw Damage - (1d4+7)[11]
    Claw Damage - (1d4+7)[8]
    Bite Damage - (1d8+12)[18]
    If the bite hits: Grapple - (1d20+19)[38]
    Rake Attack - (1d20+15)[29]
    Rake Damage - (1d4+4)[7]
    Dok 5' steps to I2(Sorry Jaya) and burns Death Ward for SNA 5, begins casting.
    Observers only:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Summon a Large Air Elemental to E1/F2

And nausea limits you to one move action a round, which is why I thought it might work.
    Last edited by Sstoopidtallkid; 2009-07-13 at 01:33 PM.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!

24. - Top - End - #204

I target the archer that shot me with a Ray of Exhaustion and move 30 ft straight down.

Attack: (1d20+9)[23]
    DC 18 fort save... but since you're already Exhausted, you are Fatigued even if you succeed. So I guess it all comes down to

Spell Resistance: (1d20+16)[32]

Edit: Fort save below.
    Last edited by Pharaoh's Fist; 2009-07-13 at 02:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Fort (d20+9)[27]

I snuffle a bit and feel sorry for myself.

26. - Top - End - #206

Fort: (1d20+9)[19]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

ooc: I've been thinking, although he died as an unfortunate result of lack of team work and a slow party file through into a crossfire... welll.... the point of this was kind of to show the Monk in action. Don't get me wrong or anything this is fun and all, I'd happily keep playing and forget the whole point of the exercise but I'm thinking maybe we should skip the multiple day respawning for Gia at least just cause it's a little hard to showcase the Monks tanking ability while being a nonplaying deadguy.

28. - Top - End - #208

We shall hopefully be able to mop this up in a hurry and get him back up in short order. The Druid has spells for it, after all.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh's Fist View Post
    We shall hopefully be able to mop this up in a hurry and get him back up in short order. The Druid has spells for it, after all.
    Ah yes of course... the fun way back! My players don't let me use that on them anymore

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah yes of course... the fun way back! My players don't let me use that on them anymore
    I'm hoping for 92. Or double-ot.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!