Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Snuggles and the 'Cat Pantheon' [Requires aid]

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Also, the original post showed a lot of notes on things that needed editing. Do any changes need to be made?

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

I really don't know. Al I know about the cat pantheon is whats in this thread. One of SNuggles devotees on the boards would have to answer that one, assuming any are still around..
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #273

Hey Owrtho, I just noticed a needs correction marker by Domains as I was setting down to do them tonight. Are we sticking with those for PEC?
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd say yes unless a disciple shows up and says otherwise.

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

5. - Top - End - #275

Salient Divine Abilites are up.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #276

Domain stuff is up. man that took forever...
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Bhu, I just copied all this stuff into a Word 2007 document and it is 25 pages long. There's a lot of stuff here. I've been proofreading it and it isn't as bad as I was suspecting. I removed all the "(needs correcting)" that shows up because it is distracting.

Is there much more to go with this project?

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

8. - Top - End - #278

After Primordial Elder Cat only CAT needs done. Then I can go through and finish up the Feats/Abilities I left blank in hopes some of Snuggles minions would speak up.

Darn silent them minions...
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #279

Peeking at CAT, doing it may prove difficult. It's Divine Rank would have to be insanely high to get all teh Domains necessary, and being every alignment at once runs into conflict with several of the rules. Basically the Deities creations rules weren't meant to do something like this.
    Orcs and Goblins

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I have to say that I don't much like CAT as written up. I think it needs a major rehaul.

Debby

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    Cat
    Symbol: A cat's face with glowing yellow eyes
    Alignment: All
    Gender: Male/female/hermaphrodite/asexual/a/alpha/black hole/Vaarsuvius/F+/F-/Hfr/+/-/F'/pin/thrum/golden delicious etc.
    Portfolio: Everything that cats have dominion over. ie. everything
    Worshipers: Those who don't realize its really just Snuggles when he isn't pretending to also be all the rest of the cat pantheon. All who've realised the superiority of catkind.
    Cleric Alignments: Any
    Domains: All offered by any CatGod.
    Favored Weapon: Kick
    Titles: None. There is only CAT and that is all that will do CAT justice.
    Description: CAT appears as a black and white cat with yellow, glowing eyes. CAT has all the combined added and synergised powers of the entire cat pantheon. CAT has all alignments and is always treated as the alignment most conveniant to CAT. Pronouns are never used when reffering to CAT as they do not allow CAT'S awesomeness to be expressed. CAT is not likely to be encountered as CAT usually spends CAT'S time spit up into the cat pantheon. Little else is known or understood about CAT as the times that CAT has displayed CATSELF to humanity are rare and leave few witnesses.
    Okay, as MUCH as I love the idea of a CAT god/goddess. The above text is a mess. The changes I'd make:

1. Alignment: CAT is Chaotic Neutral.
    2. Gender: CAT can be any gender CAT chooses. [The rest is mumbo-jumbo if you ask me].
    3. Even CAT should not have every domain. However, we can go through the list of all the domains that the other deities have and make a list.

Why is favored weapon a kick? It should be an Unarmed Strike with the paw followed by a Bite.

Debby

12. - Top - End - #282

Even if we just stick o the Domains the kitty gods have, thats a lotta domains...
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #283

Do you think we're ready to tackle CAT? Other than revising the other kitties and polishing them up she's (?) all thats left.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #284

Cat
    Symbol: A cat's face with glowing yellow eyes
    Alignment: All
    Gender: Male/female/hermaphrodite/asexual/a/alpha/black hole/Vaarsuvius/F+/F-/Hfr/+/-/F'/pin/thrum/golden delicious etc.
    Portfolio: Everything that cats have dominion over. ie. everything
    Worshipers: Those who don't realize its really just Snuggles when he isn't pretending to also be all the rest of the cat pantheon. Also all who've realized the superiority of cat kind.
    Cleric Alignments: Any
    Domains: All offered by any Cat God
    Favored Weapon: Kick
    Titles: There is only CAT and that is all that will do CAT justice.
    Description: CAT appears as a black and white cat with yellow, glowing eyes. CAT has all the combined added and synergised powers of the entire cat pantheon. CAT has all alignments and is always treated as the alignment most convenient to CAT. Pronouns are never used when referring to CAT as they do not allow CAT'S awesomeness to be expressed. CAT is not likely to be encountered as CAT usually spends CAT'S time spit up into the cat pantheon. Little else is known or understood about CAT as the times that CAT has displayed CATSELF to humanity are rare and leave few witnesses.

CAT
    x 20, x 20
    Tiny Outsider
    Divine Rank: 25
    Hit Dice: 20d8+x plus 10dx+x plus 10dx+x (x hp)
    Initiative: +x
    Speed: 80 ft. (16 squares)
    Armor Class: x (+2 Size, +x Dex, +25 Divine, +38 Natural, +x Deflection), touch x, flat-footed x
    Base Attack/Grapple: +x/+x
    Attack:
    Full Attack:
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Domain Powers, Salient Divine Abilities, Spell-Like Abilities,
    Special Qualities: Divine Immunities, DR 30/Epic, Fire Resistance x, Spell Resistance x, Spontaneous Casting of Divine Spells, Understands/Speaks/Reads all Languages, Speak directly to all beings within 15 miles, Remote Communication, Godly Realm, Teleport w/out Error at Will, Plane Shift at Will, Divine Aura 25 miles, DC x),
    Saves: Fort +x, Ref +x, Will +x
    Abilities: Str x, Dex x, Con x, Int x, Wis x, Cha x
    Skills:
    Feats:
    Salient Divine Abilities:
    Domain Powers:
    Spell-Like Abilities: CAT can cast the following spells at will as Spell-Like abilities:
    Caster Level is 35. Save DC is x plus the spell level.
    Possessions: None.

Other Divine Powers
    As a Greater deity, CAT automatically receives the best possible result on any die roll he makes (including attack rolls, damage, checks, and saves). She is immortal.
    Senses: CAT can see, hear, touch, and smell at a distance of 25 miles. As a Standard Action she can perceive anything within 25 miles of her worshipers, holy sites, objects, or any location where one of his titles or name was spoken in the last hour. She can extend her senses to up to 20 locations at once. She can block the sensing power of deities of her rank or lower at up to two remote locations at once for 25 hours.
    Portfolio Powers: CAT can sense any act involving the Cat Pantheon the instant it happens and 25 weeks into the past or future.
    Automatic Actions: CAT can use any skill as a Free Action if the DC for the task is 30 or lower (the specific skill changes from day to day). She can perform up to 20 Free Actions each round.
    Create Magic Items: CAT can create any magic item.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-02-16 at 05:46 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #285

Okay adding up the Domains all the other cat gods have (and adding one divine ability to allow CAT to simultaneously be all alignments at once) he/she will be CR 47 without any other Divine abilities.

ouch
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #286
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Darn silent them minions...
    I'm guessing that they either don't spend time in the homebreing section, or are busy with their own projects. But I checked the thread and here are the individuals who showed devotion to or tried to discern more information about a Cat God: 23minds, Aegis, AKA Bait, Anonymous Man, Asbestos, Ascension, AstralFire, Bandededed, Burley, BRC, Calinero, Chiasaur11, Chineselegolas, Cnsvnc, Coke Can64, ColonelFuster, Daracaex, DarknessLord, DragonBaneDM, Dragonus45, drengnikrafe, EmperorSarda, Enlong, Face of Evil, FantomFang, Fawstow, Fax Celestis, Fendalus, Finwe, Flickerdart, Forealms, Forgotton, Infernal Undead, insecure, Kazasu, Kopout, Legoshrimp, Lert, A., llamamushroom, Lord Denyuar, Lordhenry4000, Lord of pixies, Lord Xavius, Magnor Criol, Matticus, Mercenary Pen, Mizzim, Moff Chumley, Mr. Bookworm, Mua’Dib, NephandiMan, Nerd-o-rama, nhbdy, Only1doug, Oracle Hunter, Pie Guy, Random NPC, Ravens cry, Rei Jin, Sequinox, Shadow Elf, Smeggedoff, Sstoopidtallkid, Starbuck II, Streakster, suzuro, Taim, Talya, Thane of Fife
    The Glyphstone, The Mormegil, Verosce, Vortling, Wadledo, xPANCAKEx, Zeebiedeebie, Zenos, _Zoot_ and Zuki not including myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman
    1. Alignment: CAT is Chaotic Neutral.
    Being all alignments is important to CAT's fluff.

2. Gender: CAT can be any gender CAT chooses. [The rest is mumbo-jumbo if you ask me].
    I apologise, I was trying to cater for those who didn't realsie that male and female aren't the only genders.

Why is favored weapon a kick? It should be an Unarmed Strike with the paw followed by a Bite.
    If you go to post number 338 on page 12 of the original thread, you'll see why (I can't quote as the thread is locked).

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu
    Okay adding up the Domains all the other cat gods have (and adding one divine ability to allow CAT to simultaneously be all alignments at once) he/she will be CR 47 without any other Divine abilities.

ouch
    I suppose that we could get away with just the domains specifically related to catness.

17. - Top - End - #287

Eh, I wouldn't even bother statting out CAT. It's more like an abstract concept than a god or even and overdeity. It's like a fundamental force of the universe.
    Witch Razor Blood Sage
    (Links both lead to ToB disciplines I made!)

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by pyrefiend View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't even bother statting out CAT. It's more like an abstract concept than a god or even and overdeity. It's like a fundamental force of the universe.
    I tend to agree. But I did promise to do all these...
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

So you are basing Cat's kick off that one picture of a cat kicking a dog to prove dominion over dogs? It's a finishing move perhaps but not CAT's only attack.

I strongly dislike the gender line. The other genders (transexed, intersexed and transgendered) are missing or supposed to be inferred. I really don't want people who would identify with those groups to read this line and think we are making fun of them. I think we need to tread more softly here and leave it as CAT can be any gender it wants. Ditto for Alignment. K.I.S.S. principle.

Debby

20. - Top - End - #290

Griffon

I apologise if it seemed insulting. It was never meant to be. I would rather have it changed than cause such a problem. Most of the stuff there were refferences to biology humor (I'm a geneticist).

As for the kick: Sure, I have no doubt that CAT has plenty of other attcks. It just seemed appropriate.

@pyrefiend: What you say is logical. After all the idea of someone worshiping CAT directly is a little ridiculous.

21. - Top - End - #291

Well that being said does everyone want me to do CAT, or just polish up the other kitties?
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Bhu can you manage to do both? I think CAT is viable but needs some editing to make it work. However, I'd rather see the other kitties finished first. Maybe a few days away from CAT will give me some insight.

Sereg, I know you never meant to be insulting. Some of it was funny and some was just plain weird. Nevertheless, you never know who is reading this stuff and who might be a bit thin-skinned on the topic. The whole thread has a bit of tongue-in-cheek about it, but I still think we ought to handle sensitive topics with a little more grace. {I still have to say what the heck is Thrum?}

Debby

23. - Top - End - #293

OK, I'll start polishing up the others. I'll try talking to a few devotees of snuggles too if they're still here
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #294

Whilst I wait I suppose I can go back through and make up the various unique new Salient Divine Abilities. Maybe make a few more based on classes made after Deities came out too. Any preferences on which I do first? Some of the Kittehs will need both.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #295

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    {I still have to say what the heck is Thrum?}

Debby
    Wikipedia to the rescue!

26. - Top - End - #296

Beginning to edit the new Divine abilities specific to certain gods in now
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    Botany is not my strongest Knowledge skill obviously, but I have to say that CAT probably isn't a flowering plant.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2010-02-23 at 07:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Guys I've run into a problem. I may have been poisoned at work or had a reaction to one of the meds I'm on, and the upshot is I may not have a job, and I may need weaned off a pill thats causing me mental difficulties. If today goes well I'll have more to say.
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #299

Well they didnt find anything easily found, so God knows what my coworkers dosed me with. I still dont find out if I have a job till tuesday, so I'll welcome the distraction of fooling about on the boards until then.

I got Eye of Disintegration up for Snuggles. Any thoughts?
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Guys I've run into a problem. I may have been poisoned at work or had a reaction to one of the meds I'm on, and the upshot is I may not have a job, and I may need weaned off a pill thats causing me mental difficulties. If today goes well I'll have more to say.
    HOLY MOLY! I hope you don't have a crazed coworker on your hands. A lot of meds can cause reactions, even med you've been on for a while. I wish you the best. If the boards here can take your mind off this distress for a while that's a good thing.

You have my sympathy.

Debby