New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Snuggles and the 'Cat Pantheon' [Requires aid]

That's the wrong "weed" altogether.... However, there's no reason there couldn't be a potent form of catnip. Variety is the spice of life after all.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #153
    Halfling in the Playground

Wow...really? This is epic. However.
    Spoiler
    Show
    REPTAR FOR LIFE!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I think I've asked this before, but is there a listing for what books contain the variant class levels for the PHB classes?
    Orcs and Goblins

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Well Cuddles is done cept for a few Feats/Divine Abilities. So as before I'll move on till I get some better idea of what he can do.

Couggles up next.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-09-30 at 06:03 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Couggles
    Symbol: A legal document that has been shredded by cat claws.
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Portfolio: Energy, randomness, non-conformity, flightiness, mind changing, opportunism, the tendency of cats to ask you for something and then change their minds after you give it to them.
    Worshipers: Anarchists, gamblers, rogues, anyone who refuses to plan ahead
    Cleric Alignments: Any Chaotic or any that he decided on a whim to accept as one of his representatives.
    Domains: Animal, Cat, Celerity, Chaos, Liberation, Luck, Trickery
    Favored Weapon: Bite (his teeth are anarchic)
    Titles: The Eminence of Neutral Chaos, The One True Lord of Cats, The True Representative of Cathood, He Whom is Pure Feline Chaos, any other elaborate title that he decides to have that day.
    Description: Couggles the master of feline chaos appears differently every time he is met. He hates the fact that as a member of the Cat pantheon he has to wear a collar of true resurrection as his uniform and keeps moving it to a different part of his body. His left eye is the Cateye of Deception and casts all illusions other than those from the shadow subschool at will as spell-like abilities and his right eye is the Cateye of Change and casts all transmutation spells at will as spell-like abilities. He has a breath-weapon that does a random type of energy damage. He also has the ability to smell weariness. Couggles is an energetic playful, attention-seeker that demands all to realize how cute and cool he is. He also likes being fed tuna, his favorite food. Couggles is a rather unreliable individual whom switches allegiance at his own convenience usually to fight someone whom happens to be irritating him at the time. He also finds stupidity annoying.

COUGGLES
    Wizard 20, Rogue 20
    Tiny Outsider (Chaotic)
    Divine Rank: 25
    Hit Dice: 20d8+140 plus 20d4+140 plus 20d6+140 (780 hp)
    Initiative: +21
    Speed: 80 ft. (16 squares)
    Armor Class: 103 (+2 Size, +13 Dex, +25 Divine, +38 Natural, +15 Deflection), touch 55, flat-footed 90
    Base Attack/Grapple: +45/+44
    Attack: Claw +85 melee (1d2+32) or spell +79/+85 melee/ranged touch
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +85 melee (1d2+32) and 1 Bite +80 melee (33 points) or spell +79/+85 melee/ranged touch
    Space/Reach: 2 1/2 ft./0 ft.
    Special Attacks: Domain Powers, Salient Divine Abilities, Spell-Like Abilities, +10d6 Sneak Attack, Crippling Strike, Opportunist
    Special Qualities: Divine Immunities, DR 30/Epic, Fire Resistance 30, Spell Resistance 37, Spontaneous Casting of Divine Spells, Understands/Speaks/Reads all Languages, Speak directly to all beings within 15 miles, Remote Communication, Godly Realm, Teleport w/out Error at Will, Plane Shift at Will, Divine Aura 25 miles, DC 50), Trapfinding, Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Trap Sense +6, Improved Evasion, Defensive Roll
    Saves: Fort +56, Ref +68, Will +69
    Abilities: Str 24, Dex 36, Con 24, Int 38, Wis 38, Cha 40
    Skills: Balance +84, Bluff +85, Climb +78, Concentration +78, Craft (any one) +63, Decipher Script +62, Diplomacy +69, Disable Device +85, Escape Artist +84, Forgery +85, Gather Information +85, Hide +84, Intimidate +91, Knowledge (Local) +99, Knowledge (Arcana, Geography, Nature, Religion) +85, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, History, Nobility, The Planes) +63, Move Silently +84, Open Lock +84, Profession (Troublemaker) +85, Search +85, Sense Motive +85, Sleight of Hand +90, Spellcraft +91, Spot +85, Tumble +84.

Feats: Anklebiter, Delay Spell, Dodge, Empower Spell, Explosive Spell, Greater Spell Focus (Illusion, Transmutation), Greater Spell Penetration, Improved Initiative, Maximize Spell, Mobility, Rapid Spell, Repeat Spell, Spell Focus (Chaos, Illusion, Transmutation), Spell Mastery, Spell Penetration, Superior Initiative, Transdimensional Spell, Weapon Finesse, Heighten Spell (B), Quicken Spell (B), Silent Spell (B), Still Spell), Scribe Scroll (B)
    Divine Immunities: Ability Damage, Ability Drain, Acid, Cold, Death Effects, Disease, Disintegration, Electricity, Energy Drain, Mind-Affecting Effects, Paralysis, Poison, Sleep, Stunning ,Transmutation, Imprisonment, and Banishment.
    Salient Divine Abilities: Alter Reality, Arcane Mastery, Automatic metamagic, Avatar, Battlesense, Clearsight, Divine Blast, Divine Celerity, Divine Dodge, Divine Rogue, Divine Sneak Attack, Divine Spellcasting, Energy Burst, Extra Domains (Chaos, Liberation, Luck, Trickery), Extra Sense Enhancement (Smell), Free Move, Gift of Life, Instant Move, Life and Death, Mass Life and Death, Spontaneous Wizard Spells, Wave of Chaos
    Domain Powers: Speak w/Animals 1/day, Chaos spells are +1 Caster Level, Good Fortune 2/day, Fast Movement, Reroll 1 failed save against charm/compulsion.fear effect 1/day
    Spell-Like Abilities: Couggles can cast the following spells at will as Spell-Like abilities: Aid, Allergic Reaction, Animal Shapes, Animate Objects, Antilife Shell, Blur, Break Enchantment, Calm Animals, Cat Gravity, Cats Grace, Chaos Hammer, Cloak of Chaos, Commune With Nature, Confusion, Disguise Self, Dispel Law, Dominate Animal, Entropic Shield, Expeditious Retreat, False Vision, Foresight, Freedom of Movement, Greater Blink, Greater Dispel Magic, hairball, Haste, Hold Animal, Invisibility, Magic Circle Against Law, Mass Cats Grace, Mind Blank, Miracle, Mislead, Moment of Prescience, Nondetection, Omen of Peril, Polymorph Any Object, Protection from Eneergy, Protection from Law, Rage, Refuge, Repel Vermin, Screen, See Invisibility, Shapechange, Shatter, Spell Turning, Summon Monster IX (Chaos only), Summon Natures Ally IV and VIII (animals only), Time Stop, Tree Stride, Unbinding, Undetectable Alignment, Wind Walk, Word of Chaos,
    Caster Level is 35. Save DC is 50 plus the spell level.
    Possessions: None.

Other Divine Powers
    As an Greater deity, Couggles automatically receives the best possible result on any die roll he makes (including attack rolls, damage, checks, and saves). He is immortal.
    Senses: Couggles can see, hear, touch, and smell at a distance of 25 miles. As a Standard Action he can perceive anything within 25 miles of his worshipers, holy sites, objects, or any location where one of his titles or name was spoken in the last hour. he can extend his senses to up to 20 locations at once. He can block the sensing power of deities of his rank or lower at up to two remote locations at once for 25 hours.
    Portfolio Powers: Couggles sense any act involving Chaos or randomness the instant it happens and 25 weeks into the past or future.
    Automatic Actions: Cuddles can use any Charisma based skill as a Free Action if the DC for the task is 30 or lower. He can perform up to 20 Free Actions each round.
    Create Magic Items: Couggles can create any magic item.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-03-18 at 09:07 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Looking at Couggles Description, I'm going to have to switch him from Beguiler/Rogue to Wizard/Rogue so he has access to the Transmutation spells...
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

You guys are still out there yes?
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes. You seem to be doing good. Just think it might be good to mention though that you forgot to change the name to Couggles in a few spots (such as the big bold name).

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Darn Copy paste errors

Thanks Owrtho.

I fixed it and added some of the Salient Divine Abilities. As usual if anyone has any comments on those feel free...
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys I'm having some serious problems offline. I'll try keeping up with this, but it might not be a daily thing...
    Orcs and Goblins

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I hope things are okay with you Bhu. I really like what you did with Couggles.

I'm out of ideas for cats at the moment.

P.S. I just downloaded your Cat Burglar. The pdf downloads fine, but the formatting is kinda ugly. It looks a lot nicer when you format the document before you put into a pdf. Did you put this in a Word Document first?

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2009-10-05 at 07:53 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I hope things are okay with you Bhu. I really like what you did with Couggles.

I'm out of ideas for cats at the moment.

P.S. I just downloaded your Cat Burglar. The pdf downloads fine, but the formatting is kinda ugly. It looks a lot nicer when you format the document before you put into a pdf. Did you put this in a Word Document first?

Debby
    Yes

I was pressed for time and just wanted to get a rough draft out.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

minor update to Couggles
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

OK once I add feats and Salient Divine Abilities, COuggles is pretty much done.
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

As usual I've left a small handful of Feats/Divine abilities open for when I (someday) come in contact with one of the kitteh disciples. Leoparddles up next.
    Orcs and Goblins

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Leoparddles
    Symbol: A fluffy spot
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Portfolio: Contentment, introspection, philosophy, advice, counsel, sunbeams, healing, help
    Worshipers: good philosophers, healers, sun lovers, those who believe in doing good as the opportunity arrives and enjoying life in the mean time.
    Cleric Alignments: Any Good
    Domains: Animal, Cat, Celestial, Healing, Knowledge, Community, Mysticism, Protection, Sun
    Favored Weapon: His ball (considered a holy orc shot put)
    Titles: Leo, The Cat Brother, His Coolness, His Deepness, The Great Homie, Mr. Fluffy-pillow
    Description: Leoparddles or Leo as he's often referred to is the most laid back of the Cat Gods. He appears as a spotted cat whose right eye casts Sublime revelry and whose left eye casts righteous glare at will as spell-like abilities. His message is to experience and enjoy life and to try to understand new ways of doing so whilst helping those who cannot enjoy life and casting out those whose enjoyment comes at the expense of others. Any individual whom he breathes on is subject to a greater vigor spell. He enjoys lying in sun-beams and eats different tasty treats every day. He can smell misery and seeks to eliminate its source.

LEOPARDDLES
    Cleric 20, Wizard 20
    Tiny Outsider (Good)
    Divine Rank: 25
    Hit Dice: 20d8+240 plus 20d8+240 plus 20d4+240 (950 hp)
    Initiative: +12
    Speed: 80 ft. (16 squares)
    Armor Class: 101 (+2 Size, +12 Dex, +25 Divine, +38 Natural, +14 Deflection), touch 63, flat-footed 89
    Base Attack/Grapple: +45/+69
    Attack: Claw +84 melee (1d2+32) or spell +84 melee/ranged touch
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +84 melee (1d2+32) and 1 Bite +79 melee (1d3+28 points) or spell +84 melee/ranged touch
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Domain Powers, Salient Divine Abilities, Spell-Like Abilities, Turn Undead 17/day
    Special Qualities: Divine Immunities, DR 30/Epic, Fire Resistance 30, Spell Resistance 57, Spontaneous Casting of Divine Spells, Understands/Speaks/Reads all Languages, Speak directly to all beings within 15 miles, Remote Communication, Godly Realm, Teleport w/out Error at Will, Plane Shift at Will, Divine Aura 25 miles, DC 49),
    Saves: Fort +67, Ref +61, Will +73
    Abilities: Str 24, Dex 35, Con 34, Int 34, Wis 35, Cha 38
    Skills: Bluff +62, Concentration +67, Craft (any 3) +94, Decipher Script +81, Diplomacy +111, Gather Information +62, Heal +103, Hide +60, Knowledge (Arcana, Geography, History, Nature, Religion, The Planes) +103, Listen +60, Move Silently +60, Profession (Philosopher) +81, Search +59, Sense Motive +60, Spellcraft +110, Spot +60
    Feats: Anklebiter, Augment Healing, Combat Casting, Consecrate Spell, Disciple of the Sun, Empower Spell, Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, Greater Spell Penetration, Heighten Spell, Improved Turning, Maximize Spell, Protection Devotion, Reach Spell, Sacred Boost, Sacred Healing, Spell Focus (Good), Spell Mastery, Spell Penetration, Sun Devotion, Weapon Finesse, Empower Spell (B), Silent Spell (B), Still Spell (B), Scribe Scroll (B), Widen Spell (B)
    Salient Divine Abilities: Alter Size, Alter Form, Arcane Mastery, Area Divine Shield, Automatic Metamagic, Avatar, Divine Celerity, Divine Dodge, Divine Inspiration, Divine Radiance, Divine Shield, Divine Spellcasting, Energy Burst, Extra Domains (Healing, Knowledge, Community, Mysticism, Protection, Sun), Extra Sense Enhancement (Scent), Extra Spell-Like Abilities (See Below), Gift of Life, Know Secrets, Speak With Creatures, Spontaneous Wizard Spells
    Domain Powers: Speak w/animals 1/day, Divination and Healing spells are +1 caster level, Protective Ward 1/day, Greater Turning 1/day, Calm Emotions 1/day, Luck Bonus 1/day, Cats luck 1/day, Smite Evil 1/day
    Spell-Like Abilities: Leoparddles can cast the following spells at will as Spell-Like abilities: Allergic Reaction, Animal Shapes, Antilife Shell, Antimagic Field, Bless, Blessed Sight, Call Faithful, Calm Animals, Cat grace, Cats Gravity, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Commune with Nature, Consecrate, Cure Critical/Light/Moderate/Serious Wounds, Cure Mass Critical/Light Wounds, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Thoughts, Discern Location, Divination, Divine Favor, Dominate Animal, Endure Elements, Find the Path, Fire Seeds, Fire Shield, Flame Strike, Foresight, Gate, Greater Visage of the Deity, Hair Ball, Heal, Heat Metal, Heavenly Lightning, Heavenly Lightning Storm, Heroes Feast, Hold Animal, Holy Aura, Holy Word, Legend Lore, Lesser Planar Ally, Lesser Visage of the Deity, Mass Heal, Mind Blank, Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion, Prayer, Prismatic Sphere, Protection from Energy, Rary's Telepathic Bond, Refuge, Regenerate, Repel Vermin, Repulsion, Righteous Might, Sanctuary, Searing Light, See Invisibility, Shapechange, Shield Other, Spell Immunity, Spell Resistance, Spiritual Weapon, Status, Summon Nature's Ally IV and VIII (animals only), Sunbeam, Sunburst, Tongues, True Sight, Visage of the Deity, Vision of Heaven, Weapon of the Deity
    Caster Level is 35. Save DC is 39 plus the spell level.
    Possessions: None.

Other Divine Powers
    As an Greater deity, Leoparddles automatically receives the best possible result on any die roll he makes (including attack rolls, damage, checks, and saves). He is immortal.
    Senses: Leoparddles can see, hear, touch, and smell at a distance of 25 miles. As a Standard Action he can perceive anything within 25 miles of his worshipers, holy sites, objects, or any location where one of his titles or name was spoken in the last hour. he can extend his senses to up to 20 locations at once. He can block the sensing power of deities of his rank or lower at up to two remote locations at once for 25 hours.
    Portfolio Powers: Leoparddles sense any act involving the sun, healing, or philosophy the instant it happens and 25 weeks into the past or future.
    Automatic Actions: Leoparddles can use any Wisdom based skill as a Free Action if the DC for the task is 30 or lower. He can perform up to 20 Free Actions each round.
    Create Magic Items: Leoparddles can create any magic item.

Extra Spell-Like Abilities
    You have additional Spell Like Abilities unconnected to your Domains.
    Prerequisites: None
    Benefits: You gain 3 spells of any level from the Wizard or Cleric list that you can cast at will as Spell-Like abilities. Caster Level and Save DC are the same as the Spell-Like Abilities gained from your Domains.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2010-03-18 at 09:19 PM.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Okay is Leaporddles a spotted Housecat or an actual Leopard?
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Okay is Leaporddles a spotted Housecat or an actual Leopard?
    Both...or more accurately either, depending on whether or not he is in titanic form.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

But which one is the 'base' form though?
    Orcs and Goblins

21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

The housecat.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Any thought about his second class? I was gonna go Cleric/Rogue. but Rogue doesnt imply laid back philosopher...
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry for the distraction, but I found this picture on lolcats and thought of this thread.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...res-temple.jpg

Enjoy and happy homebrewing!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    Sorry for the distraction, but I found this picture on lolcats and thought of this thread.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...res-temple.jpg

Enjoy and happy homebrewing!
    That made my day
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

This is just a weird thought, but how about Factotum for leoparddles other class?
    Orcs and Goblins

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Well that suggestion was met with stunning applause...

Hmm

Archivist maybe?
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Don't know anything about Factotum. What book are they from? Sorry Bhu, but I tend to stick to the core books unless there's a compelling reason not to.

Debby

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

it's in Dungeonscape. Much like the Bard it's a dabbler having various abilities from various classes. Sort of a professional adventurer.
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground

Why not just Wizard then? I would suggest sorcerer, but that class seems more maniacal/flamboyant than a wizard. Wizards could be laid-back homies that use their knowledge to help the less fortunate <<
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Wizard it is then.
    Orcs and Goblins