New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Dogmantra's Dastardly, Despotic and Dangerous Random Banter #122

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I don't think "Grape Juice" when I think "Refreshing drink". I think Coca-Cola, or even apple juice.

Why not Cactus Cooler?
    Eh. It was what I had on hand.

Cactus Cooler would be ideal, but I loves me some Grape Juice too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, my neighbors fishing partner died in a lightning strike this afternoon, and my neighbor himself went to the hospital because of chest pains.

So yea. Lightning = Not Fun.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wadledo View Post
    Well, my neighbors fishing partner died in a lightning strike this afternoon, and my neighbor himself went to the hospital because of chest pains.

So yea. Lightning = Not Fun.
    Have your neighbors never seen Gone Fishin'

4. - Top - End - #184
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yowch!

I've just learned that the damned cats have brought in a flea infestation into the house. ...I am not amused.

I have, however, found out that one of the main animal shelters in town is a no-kill shelter. They just don't advertise it much for some reason, as it didn't come up in my search for no-kill shelters at all. Blech.

Now to call and find out if they'll take kittens and their mother together...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Squat View Post
    Have your neighbors never seen Gone Fishin'
    I doubt it.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Yowch!

I've just learned that the damned cats have brought in a flea infestation into the house. ...I am not amused.

I have, however, found out that one of the main animal shelters in town is a no-kill shelter. They just don't advertise it much for some reason, as it didn't come up in my search for no-kill shelters at all. Blech.

Now to call and find out if they'll take kittens and their mother together...
    Hope they do. As I said before, Shanghai has no animal shelters. We have an animal rescue group, but when I contacted them about Custard the kitten who-does-not-have-tear-ducts-but-still-manages-to-cry-scream-and-whimper-as-if-his-heart-was-breaking, they told me that they were having to euthanasize new-born kittens because they just didn't have the resources to deal with them. That's why I still have him - currently fussing and chewing on my finger because the expensive pet-feeding bottle I got him is obviously not good enough to nurse on.

For cat with fleas I highly recommend that 'spot on' liquid stuff you dab on their necks. Works a treat, but I don't know which brand name it'll be sold under in your region.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

So....kay. That was a great movie and all, but now I'm reading all of the knee-jerk monkey-jabber posts on the Escapist Wastelands Forums in the voice of Eric Idle. It's kinda surreal.

I mean, one of the Grandfathers of modern absurd commentary simply shouldn't be associated with the sentiment, "Casual gamers need to stick to playing bejeweled on their iphone." or "I think its more the gaming industry has turned into a shambling corporate monster that spews out shiny looking games with no substance because kids today all have add and have no idea of how awesome games could be if they kept their standards a bit higher. It's just like people that go see Micheal Bay movies, it's killing the genre."

Seriously. It's almost blasphemy. Which is, you know, kind of ironic given which movie I was watching.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-07-01 at 11:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post

Seriously. It's almost blasphemy. Which is, you know, kind of ironic given which movie I was watching.
    Life of Brian is not blasphemous in the slightest. They even show JC to make it absolutely clear that they are not referring to him. The groups which thought it was blasphemous just had exceedingly poor comprehension skills. (Or couldn't take a joke.)

Anyway, do you remember my rant about Chinese bureaucracy and my husband's attempts to renew a passport? Well the passport office called him today. Apparently their facial recognition machine wasn't working the day he went in. Could he please come back? Bear in mind that this office is still 1500km away from where we live, and, due to poor flight connections, takes a minimum of 36 hours to get to a cost of about twice a normal Chinese manual labourer's monthly wage.

DH is not happy. Really, really, not happy. The awful thing is, we can't annoy these people, because they're the ones who get to decide whether he receives a passport or not, and if he doesn't our marriage is going to face a lot of problems down the line.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:

9. - Top - End - #189

NecromancerGuy

I'm very sorry to hear that, especially with such young kittens...

We have the flea medicine stuff. I'm just annoyed at how missing a week of vaccuming set us back. And at the prospect of getting it on all of the cats close enough together. And kinda worrying about the fleas getting into me. I already have to pick off a tick trying to crawl up onto me every so often just from walking the dog. x.x *sigh* I can only take my nature in short doses. Though I wouldn't mind actually going on a hiking expedition. Hmm... To Facebook I will go...

I meant to call yesterday but I got messed up sleep-wise again. Guess I'll just have to remind myself today once they open up.

I wish you great patience and fortitude in dealing with all of this. Lord knows you have to already have it in spades to deal with it as is.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #190

@ Coidz: I can't quite tell whether you're just talking about the kitten post, or whether you're referring to the Chinese bureaucracy one as well...

Anyway, fleas are horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Do not feel bad if they freak you out, because they are freaky. And icky. (I prefer to kill them with the judicious application of chemicals, but if all else fails, they can be squashed between one's thumb nails. It makes a satifying 'squick' noise. This is a tip I learnt from John Donne, so metaphysical poets have their uses - yay!) Do not feel bad about nuking the fleas.

Raising Custard is not much of a hardship. I've cared for a lot of orphaned kittens in my time - it's just that this one is the youngest I've taken on, and it can sometimes be a bit heart-breaking to know that all he wants and needs is a proper mama-cat when I'm not a feline. But, he's growing and developing, and even starting to approximate purring noises. And a soft, tiny, sleepy kitten is pure bliss.

On the Chinese bureaucracy front: DH has spent the day chasing his 'guanxi' (directly translates to 'relationships' in English, but the Chinese word means much, much, more than that). He's managed to talk to his cousin's classmate's colleague who out-ranks the difficult bureaucrats and should be able to order them to hand over a new passport with minimal fuss. We're currently holding our breath and hoping it works...
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

So you did name him Custard. Even though I suggested a much more awesome name (which I promptly forgot).

...why aren't you on MSN if you can post here again?
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

I am here... and I'm not supposed to be.

What was originally to be a day off has turned into a half day.

I leave at noon. But I'd be damned if this wasn't the slowest morning I've ever had!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground

You're posting on a forum.
    Where are you again ?
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

At work, my friend, at work.

I am not the only Playgrounder to sneak a post or two whilst on the clock!

Cristo! *looks around* Where are you you freaky old man?

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of crazy old men...

Yes, I saw this on AOTS.
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2009-07-02 at 10:21 AM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

16. - Top - End - #196
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Cristo! *looks around* Where are you you freaky old man?
    *emerges from backstage with a bloody trash bag*

...busy...

*severed hand falls out of trash bag*

...you saw nothing.

*hustles outside to find a shovel*

17. - Top - End - #197

NecromancerGuy

You know they make folding shovels for close-in work, right?

mmm... folding shovels....

Dish: Yeah, I was trying to reply to both of those posts at once. and failed horribly. x.x
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hello? Playground police? This is Kopaka, in the RB thread. Yeah, we've got another crazy old man going on a killing spree. 5 minutes? Okay, we'll try to hold him off until then. Thank you officer.
    Kopaka in a former life.

Avatar made with "help" from banthesun.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Cristo, I think you solved the mystery of what happened to Mordokai...

>.>

Too soon?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    You know they make folding shovels for close-in work, right?
    Broke mine on a...rock.

*shuffles off, muttering incoherently*

21. - Top - End - #201

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Cristo, I think you solved the mystery of what happened to Mordokai...

>.>

Too soon?
    Damnit Krillin!

<_< >_> I named a continent after Krillin which is the result of two gods dying of embarrassment after being caught doing the nasty. Just a couple of hours ago, actually...
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #202
    Banned

To the cat-servant who was expressing woe over the cat-allergic feline: This was only discovered when the household, and its cats, were split. The delicate little flower has a household to herself now, and that's the way she prefers it.

(New fluffy cat, raised among dozens of pets, approaches delicate little flower, who is lolling about and looking cute)
    Fluffy lovecat: Hi! Play!
    Delicate little flower: Hissssss!
    ("Awww, isn't that cute! She finally learned her native language!" --cat-servant witness)
    Fluffy lovecat: . . . ?
    Fluffy lovecat: Play!
    (Misplaced barn cat enters, studies scene)
    Misplaced barn cat: Oh fer crissakes, not another one.
    Fluffy lovecat: New cat! Play!
    Misplaced barn cat: . . .See you next week. Maybe. (exits)

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    So....kay. That was a great movie and all, but now I'm reading all of the knee-jerk monkey-jabber posts on the Escapist Wastelands Forums in the voice of Eric Idle. It's kinda surreal.

I mean, one of the Grandfathers of modern absurd commentary simply shouldn't be associated with the sentiment, "Casual gamers need to stick to playing bejeweled on their iphone." or "I think its more the gaming industry has turned into a shambling corporate monster that spews out shiny looking games with no substance because kids today all have add and have no idea of how awesome games could be if they kept their standards a bit higher. It's just like people that go see Micheal Bay movies, it's killing the genre."

Indeed, the number of self-righteous, elitist <Censored> on the Escapist forums is kind ofoverwhleming.
    Probably not saying much about myself since I am registered on the Escapist forums and stuff, but I try to not be self-righteous.
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    To the cat-servant who was expressing woe over the cat-allergic feline: This was only discovered when the household, and its cats, were split. The delicate little flower has a household to herself now, and that's the way she prefers it.

(New fluffy cat, raised among dozens of pets, approaches delicate little flower, who is lolling about and looking cute)
    Fluffy lovecat: Hi! Play!
    Delicate little flower: Hissssss!
    ("Awww, isn't that cute! She finally learned her native language!" --cat-servant witness)
    Fluffy lovecat: . . . ?
    Fluffy lovecat: Play!
    (Misplaced barn cat enters, studies scene)
    Misplaced barn cat: Oh fer crissakes, not another one.
    Fluffy lovecat: New cat! Play!
    Misplaced barn cat: . . .See you next week. Maybe. (exits)
    This sounds like an encounter that I experienced, only slightly different.

Golden Retriever: Hi! Play!
    Old crabby cat: Hisssss!
    Golden Retriever: . . . ?
    Golden Retriever: Play!
    (adorable kitty enters room, studies scene)
    Adorable Kitty: Oh $%@&.
    Golden Retriever: New cat! Play!
    Adorable Kitty: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! *dashes out*

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

That does work. The prevailing theory about Fluffy lovecat is that, having been raised among cats and dogs both, he hasn't quite wrapped his head around the idea that they operate differently, and that his personal behavior is on the 'dog' end of the spectrum. (This cat plays with rabbits, even. He lets them chase him around.)

Also, I suspect you missed a final "Play!" as dog dashes after retreating and clearly 'playing' adorable kitty. . .

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    That does work. The prevailing theory about Fluffy lovecat is that, having been raised among cats and dogs both, he hasn't quite wrapped his head around the idea that they operate differently, and that his personal behavior is on the 'dog' end of the spectrum. (This cat plays with rabbits, even. He lets them chase him around.)

Also, I suspect you missed a final "Play!" as dog dashes after retreating and clearly 'playing' adorable kitty. . .
    Ah, yes. Here's the ending:

Golden Retriever: Play!
    Adorable Kitty: *jumps up somewhere high*
    Golden Retriever: Awww, but. . . Play! *watches for a second, and then gets chewed out by me for chasing Adorable Kitty*

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    Life of Brian is not blasphemous in the slightest. They even show JC to make it absolutely clear that they are not referring to him. The groups which thought it was blasphemous just had exceedingly poor comprehension skills. (Or couldn't take a joke.)
    Oh, I fully agree. After watching the movie, I would have wondered what the fuss was, if I didn't know what kind of people would take it that way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

*stands on a stage in the spotlight*

I AM BORED!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Hello, Mr. Nameless... would you like to embark...
    On a journey?
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Hello, Mr. Nameless... would you like to embark...
    On a journey?
    Yes.

Yes, I would.