New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Heroes of Myth IC

"Fear? It is not I they fear, but loosing their own power, their authority. Though I suspect, if I wish, I could put the fear of me in them." Kysis replied to the lady of poisons, his tone less graverly then usual. She suspected he was almost smiling. He always did enjoy their little banter.
    Then he inclined his head to Mir. "Thank you for coming, sister. Your wisdom is, as always, appreciated."He nodded at Wraght, conveying little emotion, but enough to convey concern and interest in equal parts, then stood up, glaring baelfully around at all those preasent. "Brothers and Sisters, you know why I have called you here. Each of us has carved a portion of the world for their own, and there is always another unclaimed shore, another unexplored land. And yet we have responsobilities, to our worshipers and to the world, and to our father. We must keep the ballance." He surveyed them, his one eye narrowing and his right fist clenching. "Magic cannot, and should not, be given free reign. Mages should not bestride the world unchallenged bar our intervention. Their must be an opposite force. Just as ice is the atithesis of fire, so shall 'Void magic' oppose all magic, from any source. None of us will have direct juristiction over it, instead it will be ours to distribute as we wish, a final safeguard."
    with that he was silent, allowing the others time to speak.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-07-07 at 06:22 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

"So you want us to create something that is not opposed by anything. Even so few humans have so far even heard the word magic you are ready to take them out. I believe this an unnecessary step at the moment but a precaution for later. I'm still working on my own magic so even though I do support support this ... somewhat ... I cannot help you at this time."
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, I want to create a ballencing agent. No matter how powerful or subtle the wizard, he can be killed like any other man, that I can guarantee you. What I am attempting to do is create a controlling agent, something that can be used to rectify what can be caused by magic." Kysis replied.
    "I am not prepared to create this myself. What I want is to understand the reasonings of my siblings."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Minion992929 View Post
    "Fear? It is not I they fear, but loosing their own power, their authority. Though I suspect, if I wish, I could put the fear of me in them." Kysis replied to the lady of poisons, his tone less graverly then usual. She suspected he was almost smiling. He always did enjoy their little banter.
    Then he inclined his head to Mir. "Thank you for coming, sister. Your wisdom is, as always, appreciated."
    He nodded at Wraght, conveying little emotion, but enough to convey concern and interest in equal parts, then stood up, glaring baelfully around at all those preasent. "Brothers and Sisters, you know why I have called you here. Each of us has carved a portion of the world for their own, and there is always another unclaimed shore, another unexplored land. And yet we have responsobilities, to our worshipers and to the world, and to our father. We must keep the ballance." He surveyed them, his one eye narrowing and his right fist clenching. "Magic cannot, and should not, be given free reign. Mages should not bestride the world unchallenged bar our intervention. Their must be an opposite force. Just as ice is the atithesis of fire, so shall 'Void magic' oppose all magic, from any source. None of us will have direct juristiction over it, instead it will be ours to distribute as we wish, a final safeguard." with that he was silent, allowing the others time to speak.
    "I respectfully disagree. I believe that wizards should be used as our agents. . Just like anyone with great power. I do not believe that we should create this new art. It sounds more dangerous even than magic itself. Why cure a disease with such a painful remedy?"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Orc in the Playground

"Ey, brother I understand."

Kysis
    Spoiler
    Show
    "When I have finished creating my own magic we can discuss this matter further"
    Last edited by Ra_Va; 2009-07-06 at 08:46 PM.
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Kysis stared at his brother and for a moment his hand strayed to the Hilt of his blade and Garland feared he would loose control. But the moment vannished so quickly Garland could not be sure he hadn't imagined it, and Kysis straightened, his tone was less feral, almost submissive. "Of course they should. Why should we not use power where it is?" Kysis replied. "But it would be foolish to give anyone a power that cannot be suppressed without our direct intervention. This magic's one ability is the suppression of powers, and would be unable to have any influence on the world beyond that. Why cure magic? Well now the world is young and sturdy, so perhaps there is no need for it. But would you allow a disease to run rampant without searching for a cure? This need not be used today, or ever, but it would be the height of narrow-mindedness to protest against it's existence due to it's current lack of use. I am simply planning ahead. Magic has advanced at a rate beyond anything else, as your servants search for secrets herefore known only to us. Would you see the world rebuilt in their image?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Minion992929 View Post
    Kysis stared at his brother and for a moment his hand strayed to the Hilt of his blade and Garland feared he would loose control. But the moment vannished so quickly Garland could not be sure he hadn't imagined it, and Kysis straightened, his tone was less feral, almost submissive. "Of course they should. Why should we not use power where it is?" Kysis replied. "But it would be foolish to give anyone a power that cannot be suppressed without our direct intervention. This magic's one ability is the suppression of powers, and would be unable to have any influence on the world beyond that. Why cure magic? Well now the world is young and sturdy, so perhaps there is no need for it. But would you allow a disease to run rampant without searching for a cure? This need not be used today, or ever, but it would be the height of narrow-mindedness to protest against it's existence due to it's current lack of use. I am simply planning ahead. Magic has advanced at a rate beyond anything else, as your servants search for secrets herefore known only to us. Would you see the world rebuilt in their image?"
    "I would see us making the world better. I see no problem watching them making the world as it is now in their image."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

As the discussion continued, Mir stood silently, holding her artifact in her arms and gazing with neutral eyes at the others gathered there. So far in the discussion that had come following Kysis' words, she had said nothing.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2009-07-06 at 08:59 PM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then so be it brother. But I for one wish to see this world prosper and triumph, and I believe that this can only happen if ballence is reached to an extent. While we may certainly entrust the world to our followers, we should never forget that they require our guidence and wisdom. We should never simply give them power to do as they will."Kysis turned from Garland too look at the rest of those that had gathered. Wraught had followed him, as had Tz'Aren, but the rest remained undecided.
    "People must earn their achievements through labors, not knowledge. Magic must have it's limits set, defined. And I suggest this is the way to do it."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I have already made a plan with Mir and hope to plan with Rilcar on another."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Kysis turned back to him. "I have said my piece, if you feel it is not necessary then luck to you." He replied calmly, then turned away again. taking a few steps back he lowered himself back on to the rock and watched the other gods.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magic, a powerful tool that takes wisdom to use correctly, and something that can make mere mortals supermen among their kind.

Ahmua was now sitting in the water, looking surprisingly happy as she splashed around.

Of course, the problem does arise when an imbecile wields considerable power. Strength of will and personality does not always translate into purity of intent and restraint when necessary...

She stood up, shaking the water from her breeches.

Of course, you can throw another wizard at the problem, but then more problems arise. And what should happen should this person wield more power than his opponent? In any case, you end up with only one source of potential escape, and that happens to be more of the same.

I don't intend to insult Mr. Wizard, here, but I think alternatives are a good thing to have.

Her blood-red eyes seemed to glimmer as she winked at Garland and smiled in a manner that seemed to be sincere, inadvertently showing off her oversized canines.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2009-07-06 at 09:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

The Duke

I paced among these new beings, looking, searching, trying to find what I was looking for. A spark in the eye, perhaps, or a carefully tilted chin. I needed to find that one among these that was closest to my heart.

Then, I saw it - a wry smirk quickly-hidden in the corners of the mouth, the vixen looking out at me from the emerald eyes, the poise in her stance and the whimsy in her face. I made my way to her, caught her chin, kissed her on the forehead, whispered in her ear. The kiss burned silver on her forehead before shifting to mimic the moon's shape, and the words in her ear made their way into the heart.

Chose those who will walk with you. Serve The Duke wherever you dwell, you and yours. You are the keepers of the gloaming, the masters of the heart's inner desire, the storytellers and the storykeepers. I name you... The Maiden. Seek me in Al-Makid, seek me in the lands of the Antarans. Hunt the dream, Maiden.

And with that, I turned the world a half-twist and entered into The Land once more. The Maiden would lead a tithe of the creations to Antara, I had no doubt. She... would be the fourth of my chosen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor Act - Empower The Maiden.

@Ravarthis:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, I'll be there soon. Give me but a short time to compose myself, and I'll arrive at your sanctum."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Kysis cocked his head. "As sister has so eloquently put it, of course you want your followers to be all powerful. You are hardly a fair example." Kysis added, his voice deepening slightly until it sounded like rocks bashing together.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

At last, Mir spoke softly, and yet with such grace and clarity that it was heard by all whom had gathered.

"Brothers and sisters, these are the words of warning in my heart. As you spoke your words to me upon Mount Arratth, Kysis- You said then that you are doing this to restore equality, for in your words, one brand of power should not rise to dominate all things. Again here you have repeated these words, as if they should be the truth of this world."

"And yet it is not the true nature of all existence, for one power does dominate, and that power is the creator: Eunok, our Father. Ill is the thought that should strive to break that which is."

Mir pauses once to look around and then at her book, before returning her gaze to Kysis.

"The benefits of such a creation you have suggested does little to fair the advance of those under us. You have suggested that this 'Void' shall lie outside of jurisdiction of any one Diety, yet this is dangerous for it means the responsibility is no one's. Further, the 'Void' provides no benefit in itself, except to oppose magic, whether for ill or good. The 'Void' does not help crops to grow, nor heal wounds. Yet it is able to prevent such things that would."

Foresight is always important, and of this I know much. Yet the dangers inherit in the creation of this 'Void' now far outweighs the use. The danger I fear in the future does not come from mortal hands, but from those of our family."

She finishes ominously, looking at each of her brethren in the eyes. Turning back to her child form, she looks back at Kysis and continues.

"However you have raised an important point with which I have no contention. Indeed magic must be guided, both with wisdom and knowledge. While the current nature of 'magic' lies scattered and varied amongst the Gods whom have invested their works into mortals, this as suggested, will not stand long before conflict occurs. Yet it is not within our power to bind the actions of a brother or sister without ill will generating therewith, as this new creation stands to do, for it serves to directly undermine the works of our brothers and sisters. To rectify this dilemma, my proposal is thus:

The use of magic should be ordered under the authority of those Gods whom have so taught their followers the subtleties of their craft. Magic taught properly and carefully is not a disease, but a boon to creation, for it gives them their voice beyond the pleas and request which we hear. As such it is not in itself Evil, only the ill use of it. Furthermore while there is danger inherent within the improper use of magic, it is the responsibility of those Gods whom have given those gifts to their peoples to see to the proper use. Should there be quarrel about trouble between kind, then together we will reach a Just conclusion through mediation and intervention. Together we can do this, each with our own strengths, and for the moment at least, set aside this call for a most dangerous tool."

Pausing at last, she bows respectfully and steps back.

"You have asked graciously for my advice, and this is what council I will offer."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

"It pains me to disagree with you sister, but here I must. My father is ruler, but did he not create us for the very purpose of maintaining ballence? He does not require we think of him, only that we think. Only that we seek to improve the world, that we strive to keep it equilibrium. As my brothers will no doubt attest, making crops grow is not an ends to itself. Life is beautiful, death is beautiful, and the moment where the two stretch into one is ectasy." He stopped, then began again. "Advancement for the sake of advancement is the very thing I protest against. Which man is a fool, the one who does not comprehend the storms of my sister, or the man who does but cannot appreciate their beauty or power. No, what you propose is perhaps worse. We have a responsobility to act. Humans can use magic to circumvent that which they should earn. The void does not actively further advancement? Well why should it? Our sisters bring blight and drought. If I were to kill them would that not benefit humans equally? Perhaps more so? I bring death, murder and chaos. Should I fall on my own sword for no reason other then progress? But then, your argument is do not change what is, remain as it has been. I protest that doing nothing would be a greater crime then the greatest excess they can invent. Passion governs us, sister, not laws, not rules, not simple mathematics. We should always seek to do what we believe is best."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Mir stirred once more and met Kysis' stare openly, the tiniest hint at sadness and regret present in her otherwise stoic gaze.

"I will speak in answer of your claims, lest my council be deemed unwise."

She paused for the tiniest of seconds, and then opened The Ledger of the Dawning Age to the first page.

"When we first arrived here, there was already an existence that lay in and of itself. This is the world that our Father lay out before our coming out of Afu.
    What you suggest is that this land had always been maintained in equilibrium of all forms. Of joy and sorrow, of love and hate, of life and death. Of Good and of Evil.
    Yet this is not the case, for mortals have suffered greatly, and others have lived blissfully, but never are their lives so simply ordered by our machinations alone. There is a greater force at work in this land than ourselves, and that is Eunok, our Father who surpasses all these things. Though none of us can know the true thoughts of our Father, it is He who's Divinity conceived of this place and has ordered it's habitation, and it is He whom, if any holds governorship, it is. Never has our purpose bid by him be one to bring balance, rather instead we have brought what talents we each can bring and for the benefit of those whom are our charges, we are to do our works. This much is clear - through each of us a myriad of deeds have been done, of numbers nearly uncountable, and many more which shall come."

With a single motion, Mir moved to the last page of the artifact and stared at the page, her mandala alight behind her small form.
    "Though you were not present with us in Afu at the closing of the First Age when Father spoke his final sacred words to us, I will repeat to you here at risk of His displeasure, for they bade us to continue to aid the mortals."

The light around her increased in glare as the circlet upon her forehead gleamed in the evening light. Her voice altered, with more authority and power than it had before.
    "Do good, my children. I have great hopes for you."

As she finished, she closed the book and returned it to her side. The light faded back to normal, and she looked earnestly at her sister Wraght, and then at Kysis before she continued.

"It is these words that make me disagree with you, elder brother, for I see no good coming from this proposal."

"I suggested that we have a responsibility to act, and I gave council to the rules with which we should so as not to interfere with the works of a brother or sister. My proposal was misunderstood, it seems, because you have twisted it to mean we do nothing. This is not so. I proposed that we continue to act, as we all have, and that we have no need of this 'void' at the present time. You furthermore did not address the misgivings I had before, and so you have yet to offer a satisfactory solution in my eyes. As troubling as this 'magic' may be in your eyes, this view is not shared by myself.

Mir let out a sigh, her own weariness weighing heavily on her young form.

Passion may govern you, elder brother, but I am governed by wisdom and prudence, and it is because of that you called me here. I repeat to you your own words: We should always seek to do what we believe is best... I have said what is required of me, and no more."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Kysis did not reply for a long time. he had not seen his father in centuries, not since his sin, not since he submitted to his passion for the first time, when he gave in and became what he had always been. His father had not forgiven him, and never would, but he had understood. He knew what Kysis was, and the reasons Kysis had acted as he did, for he had made him.
    When he looked up, he was shaking with some deep emotion. "You call that wisdom, sister? You twist our father's words to your own benefit. Do good, he says, and you claim that is grounds to refuse my work for it is of no benefit to you. You confuse your own welfare with the world's sister. You delude yourself to your own importance, and hide behind our father's authority to give yourself credence. Because magic is your slave, you refuse to see beyond your own petty self importance."
    He got up in a single smooth movement, his hand flying to the hilt of his blade like a sprung steel trap. Suddenly he seemed very tall, and his eye burned with a volcanic, feral light. A wind sprang up behind him, that smelt of copper and salt and steel, his robes billowed around him and his voice thinned, loosing it's pain and darkness to become loud and clear as a bell.
    "This world itself is beyond our jurisdiction, sister. Our very lives, hopes and dreams are little more then pawns on our fathers chessboard. You talk of the benefit of magic, but you only address one side, the side that benefits you. For every wizard who uses his powers for the common good of his fellow man there are four that are selfish and try to use it for their own power. A wizard may bestride the world as a god, for there is nothing but we ourselves to oppose them. You do not trust my creation? Well manage it yourself if you don't trust your siblings. But don't play high and mighty with me. You fear your family? Well I recognise the danger myself. Why do you think I brought so many of you here? To create trust, and the beginnings of a future where we all work in concord to shape the fate of this world, by crushing it's dangers together. You fear it? You sister? Tools a dangerous. It is there nature."
    He drew Widowmaker with a sharp movement. He did not flourish it. He knew exactly what swords were for, and it was not flourishing. The shadowy blade hissed as it swept through the air. "Widowmaker is dangerous. It's name defines it's use. In my hands it is a weapon, an extension of my will, and my hunger. But no matter who's hands I put it in, it is equally dangerous. Yet times call for such a tool, and when they do you are grateful for it. If you have misgivings about my proposition, I will do what I can to convince you, but if you will not listen and address the rest of us as you equal, or if you are simply craven, then you have nothing further to say."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-07-07 at 12:37 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Bear Savage walked in the forest, he knew his path. His steel fur, his huge claws, his tusked face, and his massive size all spoke of his power. Savage knew the other gods had moved on already, passed their quests, proven their worth. But he did not look upon his own slowness as a lack of potential or power, but an example of his patience and fortitude. Where others had gone, certain in their own godhood of their victories, glorying in the strength of their arms and their abilities, he had not used the pure power of his divine abilities. He had taken the potential granted by his divine shifting, and applied it to a very real test of survival. He was the bloodhunter, the ruthless king, the brutal god, and he would prove his worth.

Finally, he came to the place he had sought. A vast cave rose behind a magnificent waterfall, glittering in the many colors of the world. As Savage approached, he roared challenge to the thundering of the water. But it was not the falls that answered his cry, but the peels of a truly magnificent and terrifying creature. Stalking from the cave, water cascading off of it's shimmering ruby scales, it's soulless black eyes fixed on Savage. It had a huge tail that ended in a knotted club, like Savage's own, and it had four heads. One was that of a lizard, huge fangs glittering from it's open mouth, snakes tongue slithering from it's mouth. Another was large and beaked like a raptor, it shrieked a battle cry. The third was a great scaled mountain lions head, slitted feline eyes studied him coldly. The last was a sharks head, jagged teeth snapping as it smelled the blood in his veins.

Savage roared again, and charged the creature before it could react. Though it was huge, the size of the bear he had devoured was truly impressive, and he smashed it backward, bones breaking beneath him. But it was not defenseless, huge claws rose up and raked him away, leaving bloody marks through his steel fur. It's beaked head snapped at him, but he batted it away, it's other claw came rushing in, and left another bloody trail on his body. He whipped around, clawing at the things gem-like scales, and several fell away, keeping his momentum he smashed his gnarled bony tail into its chest, smashing more ribs. He leapt upon it, his fang filled mouth tore great chunks from the lizard head, and all four heads shrieked in agony. The lion head reached over and nipped at him, cutting him with it's teeth, but unable to ease his relentless attack. Clawing at it, he sought a grip on it's back, but it swung backward, trying to smash him against the wall of the cliff. Savage leaped off of it, raking it with his claws, and it smashed in it's futile attempt on the stone. It's blood frothed in the water, as if the falls had spread, it stood, foam in it's mouth. It was weak. Savage leaped one final time, ripping into it's chest, He tore at it, again and again. His previous attacks had cracked open the bones in it's chest, and he finally rested from it his prize. The heart of the great beast, a pure ruby, a perfect orb.

Savage swallowed the orb, and knew his task was complete. He knelt, and begin to devour the scaled creature. When he was done, a figure like a man stood next to the water. It's legs were bent backwards, ending in huge clawed feet. He had ruby scales, and a long lizard tail swished behind him. His face was a feline muzzle, with a hawks eyes and a snakes tongue. His hands were clawed like his feet, and fangs grew in his mouth. He opened his jaws and hissed the first words he had spoken. Ssssavage... isss born
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2009-07-07 at 12:38 AM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

20. - Top - End - #290
    Barbarian in the Playground

This argument has stopped being interesting for some time.

Ahmua picked herself up and brushed the sand off herself. She decided to interject herself before things got messy.

Look, you asked Mir her opinion and she is convinced that Magic is a tool that can be used either incorrectly or correctly. However, she does not see the void as the same thing. She sees it as a means to create stagnation of development. Seems to me that magic can be used for grand creation and for the betterment of mortals the world over, but it can still be far more destructive than this void magic kysis is suggesting. Just ask the Thunder Tart over there.

She held up a hand before anyone could speak

But... But it seems to be that Mir thinks Kysis is determined to scrub magic off the face of this planet. in any case, there will be no way to fully contain the powers that have already been released onto the world, so it's a moot point. It's another type of magic, just another tool that I'm sure even Mr. Wizard can come to use. A tool that will need Wisdom and Clarity of intent to use just like any other... ahem... Magic

She paused for a moment before continuing.

Now listen Kysis, you asked Mir to make her point and give her opinion, and she did so. She has a goal, you have a goal, we all have goals and we all have different views as to how to get there. If you wanted to bring here here just to get her to agree with you, you're wasting your time. If it's so important to you, than get on with it. It was unwise of you to call this little pow-wow in the first place. Of course not everyone will agree with you, but you don't need everyone's permission. Just make the damned thing and be done with it. I like the aspect of an alternative to magic to fall back upon so I will help you, but that is my choice for my own reasons.

She faced Mir and Garland, looking them over.

I hold no grudge against these two for speaking their own minds and making their own choices for their own reasons. That would just be stupid.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

A raven fluttered near him, just out of reach. "Kysis is coming." It croaked, "He wants to speak to you."
    Savage felt a thick, liquid pressence scrape his mind for a second, for all the world like liquid pain and corruption and blood. An island appeared in his head, his siblings standing around talking.

Savage
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Brother, it is good to see you again. Our siblings are gathered, discussing what they veiw should be the future of the world. I ask you to join us, brother. It is your right as much as any of us."

Kysis nodded. He relaxed with some difficulty. "You are right of course, sister." He growled, seeming almost embarrased. "I apologize, Mir. I was out of line." He said, then sat back down.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-07-07 at 12:56 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Mir looked at Ahmua with what could be described as a rueful smile only sisters could share.

"Elder sister, your words are correct, and you have pierced the veil of misunderstanding. Thank you."

She turned her gaze back to Kysis and put her hands together in a symbol of peace.

"I understand elder brother, and do not hold anything against you for your words.."

Mir looked like she would say more, and then she earnestly looked at her brother.

"...I am prone to lecture, forgive me. I will hold my words here, out of respect and love for all my brothers and sisters who are gathered."

She bowed in a polite and humble gesture of farewell.

"I will be in touch if I am needed. Likewise I have no intention of interfering. For now though, I am in need of rest. Farewell, dear brothers and sisters."

...As she reentered the her sanctuary, she sat and thought for a long time on what had happened, sharing her deepest thoughts with no one.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2009-07-07 at 01:29 AM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Ravrthis reclined on the throne and let his mind wander. There was a meeting of Gods somewhere far off, Kysis arguing once more it would seem, he smiled. He stretched further. He saw the forest. Brother savage had achieved God hood it seemed, another interesting turn of events...

He turned and stretched once more, searching in his mind the bottoms of the Oceans, the highest peaks, the beaches, plains and deserts, frozen wastes and baking sea. But he couldn't find it. he frowned. What game was he playing then, what was he up to? Where they just his toys, an amusing game, a past time to watch and observe as he himself now observed his brothers. He was disturbed. Something would have to be done about this, something beautiful, something amazing, something... cataclysmic.
    Last edited by Jair Barik; 2009-07-07 at 06:48 AM.

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    — Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, you wish to use a void brother, to make the magic of the world defeatable? No mere man deserves to be a god. Power comes in many forms, light and dark appose each other, As do the sun and moon, as the dusk and dawn. There are many powers in the world, even those of life and death. The power to dillude another power, giving mortality to these wizards. I am all for it, Should i stop making it rain because it takes water from another place, and may kill an animal? Should i stop discharging my lightning, making the brush in the forest burn and allowing fertile soil? Im not saying this void shall be absolute. Let me divulge a little to you brothers and sisters. You know how i gained my throne? Through power! I killed my mother with this fang on my side, took her kingdom for my own and now do good and evil. I could leave death unproteceted should i choose, but who does that benefit, all i have to say is if any of you should cross Kysis in this matter and try to stop him, your people might have some bad harvests. If an of you trys to fight him in one on one combat because you believe he is a scourge on the land, you will face razor sharp winds and a storm powerful enough to kill a god. * As she gets angrier the winds start whipping around her, lightning builds through her body, hail starts raining, the temperature rises to 200o farehenheit, and water starts whipping around her. I am not in a mood to tolerate ignorance today.
    You notice its been quite awhile since she has rested

I stand by kysis through life and death, do any of you have a problem with that?

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

I arrived at Ravarthis's domain in the form of a dark-haired maiden garbed in black, stepping from the dream of the underworld into his throneroom. I curtsied to my brother with a smile. "Ah, brother. I believe you wished to speak with me?"
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

"Indeed"
    @Duke
    Spoiler
    Show
    "As we both know there is a lot of deals going on between the Gods, defensive alliances, magic monopolies, the creation of realms and weapons. There already seems to be a divide between the Gods, the faction of Kysis opposed to the faction of Garland. What we wish to know is your thoughts on these matters. Your allegiances, your desires, what we can do that may be of interest to you. We do not wish to alienate anyone at this time and we have made it abundantly clear that the defese of the Underworld is our primary concern. Having not spoken of any matters to you yet brother we felt it important to get in touch. We may not see eye to eye with your more flamboyant lifestyle but we realise that behind the way you act there is more, such power, such ambition...
    Last edited by Jair Barik; 2009-07-07 at 08:36 AM.

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Bugbear in the Playground

@ rav mentally
    Spoiler
    Show

when will we have that meeting?
    *you can feel the storms brewing in my mind

please PEACH my homebrew
    The Essence Seeker

I am a

Spoiler
    Show
    I Am A Chaotic Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (2nd/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-17
    Constitution-13
    Intelligence-19
    Wisdom-16
    Charisma-19

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Korath

Korath works feverishly on his new Totem. Soon it emerges. A single Gemstone rose. A ruby forms the actual flower with the stem being emerald. Diamonds make up the dew. When it was finally finished, Korath was pleased. THe flower was incredibly lifelike. It even had the smell of a rose.

Resting for a moment, Korath considered what to do.

Then he acted. Sending the Rose to the outer ring, Korath looked for a good place to place it. Upon finding a suitable valley by the sea, he placed it in the center. Using his divine power, he altered the valley. It went from barren and cold to being warm and lush. A spring appeared in the center and plants of all kinds flourished. Medicinal herbs were found growing in great quantities. In the center stood a stand with the Rose.

Spoiler
    Show

Sent the Rose to the Outer ring, created a Garden valley (1 minor).

2 Minor acts left
    Last edited by Krrth; 2009-07-07 at 09:01 AM.
    Thanks to Edwin for the Avatar!

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Soon, a tribe of neanderthals inhabited the fertile valley. They began worshiping the Rose, as it radiated divine power and possessed an inspiring presence.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: The totems are not only gates, but also "conducts" for prayer energy. Korath gains a few followers in the Outer Ring.
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2009-07-07 at 09:45 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

@Wraght
    Spoiler
    Show

"At the moment I am in a meeting with the Duke. If you wish to talk though we can do it through telepathy. What do you need sister?"

My characters
    Spoiler
    Show