Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Good OOTSiverse

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Good OOTSiverse

Keothi Longwalker AC: 17 HP: 48/48
    Maneuvers: Moment of Perfect Mind, Action Before Thought, Steel Wind
    Stance: Hunters Sense

Keothi will run around to the front of the inn at the cries of fire, unaware of the cause. Thankfully, he still has all his gear, so he will wait for the others to join him.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

OK then, if I may suggest, change the bottom half of the body to a different color and make the sleeves larger and longer.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Fire! The devious swine, that was perfect. He could slip away in the confusion, and the evidence against him would be destroyed in the blaze. Radel's eyes narrowed, and he gripped his scimitars tightly, catching the man's eye as he ran past him.

"EISO! TAKI! GET EVERYONE OUT! KEOTHI! DON'T LET HIM GET AWAY!"

Radel himself barrelled past the man and into his room, looking to gather up the body of the murdered man. He had no particular love for the guards, but they did tend to look askance on people taking the law into their own hands. It was simple expediency.

Unfortunately, he was driven back by the surprisingly intense heat - it had already consumed a large part of the body, and was spreading fast... a stream of curses escaped him as he gave the plan up for lost and darted for the exit.

-----

In the ashes after the fire, Radel stood staring at the ruins, watching the dark stranger intently. Memorise his face... He stared around suddenly, seeking out the CPPD officer with the highest apparent rank, and striding over for a word.
    Last edited by Pulsecode; 2009-07-03 at 07:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Taki has finally finished his investigation of the... meal. While dangerous, and quite possibly deadly, it did not appear to contain any of the 'truth of the blade.' Thruth of Indigestion, perhaps, nothing more.

"So what now?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Radal." Eiso grabbed the ranger by the shoulder. "Radal, uh, I'm not sure this lot will do us any good. I mean, go ahead if you want but..." Eiso pulls his hand away and folds his arms tightly. "I just never found that the pursuit of justice and the involvement of the police were particularly compatible. Personal observation."
    Kaldon Fulgrant, planar dwarf, ex-Guvner, Free Leaguer, Automata-born, Sigil-resident, surly, erudite, recently short-tempered Archivist. Previously a miner.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Radel hesitated - as a member of the militia, he had been a guard, at least a guard of a sort. But back there, the law had been whatever they said it was, whatever was deemed fair. Here, there were procedures, standards of proof... would they accept second hand testimony from a bird?

... probably not.

He sighed quietly, and turned to nod at Eiso.

"You may be right. Perhaps it would be best for us to stay anonymous, and find something more substantial as proof before bringing them in. You know the city better than I, do you know who that man was?"

He raised a hand and gestured to the other two, gathering them around. In a low voice, so the guards and bystanders wouldn't hear.

"... that man murdered his colleague. My hawk saw it happen - crushed his skull with a candlestick. The fire was to provide an escape route, and destroy the evidence. Does anyone know who either of them were, or where they are likely to go?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

NOTE: Again, I would like to express my preference that you do NOT check the evil team's threads

Thank you.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Taki's face lit up with enthusiasm. Not a smile, but rather the desire to do what he did best.

"Does it really matter? He's a Murderer. Let's go take care of him. If you like, show me where he went, and I'll deal with it myself. I'd hate to inconvience you guys."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

As you speak, an officer comes up to you.
    "Please, sirs, we're clearing the area. Would you be so kind as to remove yourselves? After all, there was a fire here only half an hour ago..." he shakes his head. "Poor old Alvor, he was a fine old man..."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

"If I knew where he went, I wouldn't have asked."

He exhaled slowly, a thoughtful rumble following the breath. Finally, he shook his hooded head.

"And in any case, I'm not sure how much it'd help. Sounds like this man is tied up in something bigger, and I for one would like to find out just what. Talk of artefacts and evil, something he's willing to kill and burn for. Something is fishy here..."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eiso replied to Radal. "Never seen him before, but we now know that he's clever, and ruthless, which are good things to be aware of. I'd think he'd have other contacts, here in the city, unless he's decided to torch his only ally. Trying to get any leads on people he speaks to would be good."

Turning to Taki, he gave a brief smile. "Tempting as that is, you can't just kill people in this city and say, 'Oh, but he was a murderer, it's fine.' They like to keep a monopoly on law enforcement. I think we might need a bit more, you know, subtlety. Maybe we ask who Alvor was?"
    Last edited by Night Monkey; 2009-07-03 at 08:12 PM. Reason: colours wrong
    Kaldon Fulgrant, planar dwarf, ex-Guvner, Free Leaguer, Automata-born, Sigil-resident, surly, erudite, recently short-tempered Archivist. Previously a miner.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Radel looked up at the guard with a strange light in his eye, pushing his hood back slightly to reveal more of his face. He noticed there was still an aroma of smoke on him, from when he'd attempted to press into the burning room.

"Alvor, was that his name? We saw him arguing with that swarthy fellow, before they cloistered themselves upstairs. Sounded quite heated. What did he do, this Alvor? His profession? And is there some way we could help?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Noticing that Radel was getting the policeman's attention, Eiso tried to slip away unnoticed.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Taki grumbled to himself. His solution seemed like the best. If the guards didn't like it, that was why you kept your bags packed, and left town.

Has always worked before...

For now, however, he just listened to Radel's conversation.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking slightly annoyed, the officer turns to you nevertheless. "Alvor has been the head of the Library of Cliffport for many years- almost 40, I believe. Terrible loss, terrible indeed. Alvor knew all sorts of things- mostly myths, fables, faerie-tales of old wars and gods, heroes and monsters, but the children enjoyed his stories...Well then, you best get moving along, we have work to do. That swarthy fellow was his friend, he said, they were just discussing some important business. And thank you for your offer, but the CPPD has this under control."
    Last edited by Elfin; 2009-07-03 at 08:29 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Radel sucked thoughtfully on his teeth, before nodding apologetically.

"Ah. Not a local, I apologise. Sounds like a tragic loss, genuinely. Telling a story well is a rare gift. We'll let you get back to work..."

With a significant glance, he spoke again in a murmur, addressing the rest of the group.

"Library sounds like the place to start, then..."
    Last edited by Pulsecode; 2009-07-03 at 08:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Keothi listens to the conversation, his eyes scanning the burned out inn. He is unfamiliar with how the police work in matters like this, and keeps out of it. "A librarian, huh... he must have had friends there, they might have seen who he was spending so much time with... or what he was researching." he thinks, then turns to Eosi.

"Where is the library he worked at? We should go there and ask about him"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The library? Eeh, I was banned from that place when I was a child for sneezing, ehm, too loudly. Never quite been able to go in since. I can direct you, but maybe I should pursue different lines of inquiry?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I need sleep, I'm going to a wedding tomorrow. Don't want to be congratulating the happy couple with bleary eyes. Goodnight.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I think I'm going to have to bow out too - gotten quite late, and the pace seems to be slowing a little. Been fun though, and you better believe I'll be back later. :D

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Following the Ninja's directions, you come to the Cliffport Library. It's an ancient-looking, weathered stone building, with a wide set of stairs spanning its length and leading to a covered area up against the main building, held up by great marble columns. A large doorway is before you at the top of the stairs, great, elaborately carved oaken doors swung inward.

21. - Top - End - #81

Keothi will head up the stairs and into the library. Once inside, he'll look for the desk or some other form of employee. Once he locates one, he'll ask "Excuse me, my friends and I are looking for some information about Alvor."

22. - Top - End - #82

Alrik Thrundling

The dwarf was busy, scribing down something in a book. He looks up and says "Mmmmh? Oh! A goliath. Haven't seen any of your kind for a while. So what did you want to know a... ah, right - excuse my confusion. Alvor, he's our head librarian. What information about him do you need?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Oooops, thought this game won't continue untill tomorrow. Sorry 'bout the delay. But I'm here now.
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2009-07-03 at 10:19 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Tki saw a place where he could be helpful. After all, it appeared this fellow had a misconception.

"Was."

He smiled, and lapsed into silence.

24. - Top - End - #84

Keothi grins down at the dwarf. "It is nice to be recognized. My tribe lived in the valley above one of the dwarven cities." He unstraps his greatsword, leaving in sheathed, but showing the hilt to Alrik. "In fact, this was made my them. Maybe you recognize the mark?"

He glances at Tavi, and nods. "Aye. He was killed, sadly. We where hoping to find out what he was researching, as it seems to be the indirect cause of his death."

Spoiler
    Show

Make up whatever mark you like, and if you recognize it or not. Just providing a hook for him to help explain why he'd join.
    Last edited by ColdSepp; 2009-07-03 at 10:33 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Alrik Thrundling

First he looks at the human "Was? Why, did he retire without telling anyone? He was quite old... well, at least for a human, I suppose."

Then he stands up from his desk and takes a close look at the goliaths greatsword. "A forge and a beerkeg... mmh. No, but very traditonalist. As everything in dwarven society. So what was this about Alvor?" He slowly raises an eyebrow.

"KILLED?" he says loudly in response to Keothis last words, almost shouting before he regains his composure to some degree. "Who would have any interest in doing that? No... that seems unlikely. Are you sure? From who did you hear it?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Aaaah, I at fail coming up with something creative... but then again, dwarves are usually not. He'll come along once you mention his death though - he'd sure like to find out what happend.
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2009-07-03 at 10:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

"Ah, to bad." Keothi replaces his sword, looking around with a wince at the near shout. "Yes, yes, killed. And we saw it." He glances at the ranger, "Yes, we saw him die. Do you know what he was studying? The man who did it seemed to be rather interested in that."

He steps, back, looking around, then lowers his voice even further "Something about a relic of great power, and the mountains between Greysky and Blue River Fort."

27. - Top - End - #87

Alrik Thrundling

"I... yes. He was reading about a magical artefact - a crown named Meduseld. I wanted to learn about this too... asked him all kind of questions about it - but never got anything meaningful out of him. The only thing I know is that it was lost somewhere between Blueriver Fort and Greysky City, so the crown must be what they were talking about." He looks at the ground, a frown on his face. "It always struck me as weird, you know. He always shared so much knowledge freely, but about this..."
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2009-07-03 at 11:05 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

"Very interesting... Do you know anything more about this crown?" He leans on the desk, his size making it slightly awkward. "Or where, exactly, to find it?"

He is speaking in hushed tones, since it is a library. "My friends and I plan on stopping this killer before he gets it. We overheard him talking about it, and he didn't sound like someone who should have it."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

"Really? I don't know what you're talking about. It was a horrible tragedy yes, but murder? Ha."
    The dark man smiles at you coldly.
    "I just came to bid you goodbye, for I greatly enjoyed your company at dinner. I have decided to hasten my departure to the mountains; I leave now, without the loss of a moment." The man speaks lazily, in a chilling droll. He bends down in to your faces and adds, in a harsh whisper, "And if I ever catch you in my sight again, I will make sure you do not live to see the next dawn."
    With that, he turns and strolls out of the library and into the street.

30. - Top - End - #90

Alrik Thrundling

His cold stare follows the man for a few moments. "Was that the man that killed him? Wait..." He quickly runs towards the employees room, returning with a crossbow and a quarterstaff. He walks around his desk, to the goliath and the human. "I do not know anything else about the crown. But If you intend to stop this man... I'm a good shot with the crossbow and decent with the staff - and I know a few magic spells that might be helpful. May I join you and your friends to help stop this man and avenge Alvor?" He then walks back to the desk again and grabs a worn out backpack from behind it, apparently not ready to accept anything but yes for a answer.
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2009-07-03 at 11:55 PM.