New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Lemian Treasure Hunters Guild

Because he didn't actually get an attack off himself, Clyde walks over to one of the fallen foes (while being sure to stay out of the boy's sight) and dips his greatsword in the ever-increasing pool of blood. He then walks behind Thomas and Zarabeth and stands silently holding his sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 (1d20)[15] for a total of 25 then.

P.S. I'm going to need to learn how to roll with proper bonuses added
    Last edited by BoomerangFlash; 2009-07-13 at 09:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Awwww You mean I no get eat human? Lee acts trying to play up the boys fear.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thomas can feel the boy's weight shift, and as he looks down, he sees a rapidly dampening spot in the now crying boy's robes.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rook walks over to the prisoner taps his bloodied rapier against the boy's cheek. Though Rook is visibly unscratched, he walks as if he he has been beaten all over by a hammer. "Good job." he says, leering at the young mage. "You roughed us up- now go away."

The rapier darts to the boys throat, and presses hard enough to draw a thin red line on the neck. Rook does not follow through with the cut, though he looks as if he badly wants to.

"Better start using that windpipe, kid. You may never have another chance."
    Last edited by KnightOfV; 2009-07-14 at 01:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGirl

ZARABETH

Zarabeth delibarately places herself between the boy and the rest of the party. She speaks softly and warmly to him.

Look, I know you really didnt mean to kill us, youre a good person, not some sort of roughneck killer. You just got into something that was way over your head. But my friends here, they dont understand you the way I do. Because Ive been where you are, right now. All we want is a name, whoever set you up to do this. You give me that, and I will make sure they dont harm you. You can do that for me, cant you?

She gives him her biggest smile as she finishes.

(1d20+5)[21] CHA check

6. - Top - End - #96

Sheeting his weapon the goliath approched the boy too craking his fists, saying nothing but just looking like he could actually get some action...

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate(1d20+4)[6]

Lol... guess a 7 feet tall guy cracking his fists and looking at you is not THAT scary...
    Last edited by arkol; 2009-07-14 at 06:25 AM.
    Arena Medals:

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

THOMAS

While he waits for the boy to give the name of his employer, Thomas notices that Rook is hurt. He pulls out the wand of Lesser Vigor and activates his, and watches Rook improve slowly over the next minute.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rook gains 1 HP per round for the next 11 rounds. Naemeali must've tripped as he walked over to crack his knuckles.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rook wipes his long blade on whatever part of the boy's robe that is not already covered in blood or excrement, and reluctantly backs away as Zarabeth approaches. He puts the Rapier away, but starts playing with a dagger, spinning and flipping it.

As the swagger comes back to Rook's step, he tosses a small jingling bag of 130 gold to Thomas.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rook is going to search the boy, making sure he takes away any spell components or weapons, and then check the remains of the other two for possessions or gold.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on a Search check for 22 total.

10. - Top - End - #100

Smiling back at Zarabeth, the boy will say Okay, okay, I was hired by the Stone-

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex Save from Zarabeth
    (1d20+7)[10]
    Zarabeth is blinded for 4 hours unless she spends one minute flushing out her eyes.

Suddenly, Zarabeth sees a world in red as the boy chokes and spit blood into her eyes. The boys head falls down, no longer being supported by his neck. An arrow is sticking out of the back of the boys head, its point visible through his open mouth. A note is attached to the arrow.
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2009-07-14 at 04:51 PM.

Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Clyde quickly grabs Zarabeth by the arm and leads her to the ground so he doesn't hurt himself while stumbling around in surprise. He takes out his waterskin and helps her to flush out the blood from her eyes while the others investigate the note and read its contents.
    Last edited by BoomerangFlash; 2009-07-15 at 08:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

"Son of a bitch" Lee says as he runs off after the shooter. He will go in the direction opposite of the kids head and run a good 600 feet before turning back if he can't find the shooter.

13. - Top - End - #103

Clyde successfully helps Zarabeth wash the blood from her eyes (no more blindness). Lee doesn't see anything in the direction the arrow came from

Spoiler
    Show
    More waiting, I want everyone to be able to make a reactionary post before moving on.

Show

14. - Top - End - #104

BardGirl

ZARABETH

What the hell...
    Zarabeth stumbles and falls to the ground. She accepts the aid from Clyde in flushing her eyes out.
    What just happened here?
    She looks to the body of the dead boy, with sympathy. After all, he was only a dupe in this.
    Treasure hunting for the king must be a lot more profitable than we thought, if they are willing to kill without even knowing if we are going to find something good.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Saved me the trouble of removing that pawn from the board myself... would have liked to know who was the hand moving the pieces, but..." Rook looks up suddenly, as if surprised he was talking aloud. He clears his throat and says to the group,

"You won't catch him, a good assassin will always have a getaway planned and an arrow can come from over 500 feet away if the archer is skilled." Lee is already gone, so he sighs and adds, "we should collect what clues we have, and be on our way. Quickly if possible. We are now playing a whole new type of game- what was a simple race has become a match of cat-and-mouse, and for the moment we are the rodents in the dark."

The excitement over, the rogue goes back to searching the remains of the other two bodies for any hints to their identities or valuable possessions.

16. - Top - End - #106

Neamaeli tries to figure out where the arrow came from and as fast as he can bolts in that direction.

Spoiler
    Show

spot (1d20+4)[23]
    listen (1d20+8)[16]

Move 40 FTW! hopefully....

Arena Medals:

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

THOMAS

Thomas jerks back from the boy as the blood flies into Zarabeth's face. When Clyde steps in to help her, Thomas decides to examine the note since it's not likely that he will be able to chase down the assassin.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I said, you won't catch him!" Rook yells after Neamaeli. He watches the shifter and goliath race across the countryside until they are lost to his eyes and shakes his head sadly. "I would swear those two did not understand common sometimes," he exclaims as he goes back to digging through pieces of elf and cloth.

19. - Top - End - #109

BardGirl

Oh, they understand you alright...they just get an idea into their heads and its no stopping them. And besides, who knows, an assassin always plans an escape route, but might not count on their speed.
    Zarabeth stands on her tip-toes to peek over Thomas shoulder at the note.
    The boy did manage to say "stone" before he got shot. Anyone know of a treasure hunting group whose name starts with stone?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

This might not be from a rival adventuring group in the king's contest but it could possibly be just another group aware of our intentions in investigating the dwarven ruins and they're simply interested in acquiring the treasure before we do. Then again, they might be...

Clyde wipes the blood off his hands and then wipes his sword off in the grass.

21. - Top - End - #111

Thomas grabs the scroll off of the arrow jutting from the boy's neck. He unfolds it carefully, it reads as follows:

Lemian Treasure Hunters,
    Greetings and well met. If you're reading this note, it means I have succeeded in getting your attention. I also assume you know of the King's little contest. Well, as I'm sure you know, Glenda's information is rarely wrong, and you're likely to find the winning artifact. FOR ME!

You will bring the object you find to the festival and give it to my group, and we shall win the contest. But not all is lost, as I am willing to trade you. You're beloved Glenda, in exchange for the artifact. It seems to be a fair trade to me. One object of great beauty for another. I await my prize winner at the festival.

You also find 100 platinum pieces in the piles of bloody clothing.

Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Clearly, I was wrong. But only 1000 GP? That's only twice what the guild loaned us.

He picks his sword up and sheathes it again, then walks back into the wagon to write while the others make their decisions.

23. - Top - End - #113

BardGirl

How did Glenda manage to let herself get captured? She seemed pretty able to keep care of herself. Do we even know for sure that they do have her?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

Carefully, Rook drops the last of the blood soaked coins into a pouch. He brushes off a pointed ear that got on his boot during the search with distaste then looks over at the note.

"I do NOT appreciate being made a pawn of," he says fingering the hilt of his sword.

"These stoned treasure hunters... whoever they are, have quite a few chips on the table and probably lots more in reserve. If they say they have Glenda, I would put every coin we just found on the fact that they do."
    Last edited by KnightOfV; 2009-07-16 at 09:58 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Lee returns as Thomas reads the message. He grabs a tree as his rage build.

"GAH I WILL DESTROY THEM!" lee yells as he punches a tree. "The first time I see them they are dead!"

26. - Top - End - #116

Spoiler
    Show
    IŽm assumig out little persuit resulted in nothingness...

After hearing what the note said the goliath remaindssilent for a few moments and then adds:

"Well... as of right now, this changes nothing. Thiscan be a bluff or it can be a real threat, either way we need to get the artifact anyway. WeŽll worry about getting Glenda back when we know for sure that she is indeed, captured."
    Arena Medals:

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

THOMAS

Thomas' face takes on a very worried look as he reads the part about Glenda being captured. As the rest of the group processes the note and talks among themselves, his face darkens until his vaunted self control looks to be wearing thin. "Yes, we still need to go explore the cave, if only so we can force a meeting with the filth who have Glenda." Under his breath, he says, "Great Judge, keep her safe until I can deliver your justice to her captors."
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

28. - Top - End - #118

BardGirl

ZARABETH

Zarabeth swings her way back up into position on the wagon.

Yes, lets move and with more haste hopefully. We need to get this part of the hunt over faster than originally planned for, if only to give us extra time when we get back to the city. Glenda said we would need a little over a week to get there, a little over a week to get back, giving us about a week to explore. We need to do that faster so we can get back to the city in less than a month, so we can look around

29. - Top - End - #119

The goliath nods and gets up on the horse, ready to ride again.
    Arena Medals:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rook jumps back up front on the wagon and gets the horses moving at a fast pace (once everyone else is on). He keeps his rage at being toyed with beneath the surface, but he keeps touching the hilt of his sword as if eager for more violence.

Knowing they now have a powerful enemy, Rook watches the sides of the road as he drives, alert for any more ambushes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+4)[7]