New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Lemian Treasure Hunters Guild

THOMAS

Thomas agrees with Zarabeth, but at Rook's comment he says, "If hey want us to recover an artifact for them, then I doubt they're going to ambush us before we get there. It seems we were supposed to defeat this bunch with ease. We should still be watchful, but I don't think we have anything to fear from our would-be patron until our return trip." With that, he hops on his horse.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

Awesome Richard avatar by kpenguin!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

The group sets off, and the next three days pass rather uneventfully. You arrive in Green Falls, a small hamlet at the base of a large cliff. According to the map Glenda gave you, there is a small path about an hour outside of the town that leads up to a secret entrance to the forge. The path is too small for the wagon and likely the horses as well.

You arrive at about 5 in the evening and it is starting to become dark.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

"At last, we can stop bouncing around on our bums for a little while," Rook says rubbing his backside. "Adventuring would not be nearly so bad if there were less traveling. As soon as we find a spot to stow our sturdy steeds, I am going to search for whatever passes for a nice inn in this small settlement. Who's with me?"

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGirl

ZARABETH

I'll come with you. Unless the rest of the party thinks we should head up the trail right away. I dont know about the rest of you, but riding doesnt take much out of me....and some of my best work is done at night (the last part of that was said with a suggestive smirk on her face)

5. - Top - End - #125

Unlike himself the goliath kept to himself during the voyage. Beth's comment makes him let out a chuckle. Then with a small cough he adds:

"Yes, we should call it a night... maybe you more talkative people should try to gather the local rumors..."
    Arena Medals:

6. - Top - End - #126

There seems to be a rather sturdy inn in town, which also has a small stable nearby. The slightly weathered sign pictures a once Bright Red Pig, and underneath is written Red Pig Inn

Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Much like you, Zara, I do enjoy the occasional night job," Rook responds with an exaggerated wink and grin. "But traveling up a large cliff face in the dark does not sound like my idea of a good time. Much better to tackle in the morning, methinks."

8. - Top - End - #128

BardGirl

ZARABETH

Zarabeth heads into the Inn, taking a look at the common room as she does so, and then heads over to the innkeeper.

My companions and I are looking for rooms for ourselves and our mounts, plus a hot meal tonight. The rest of them are outside dealing with your stablehands, while we are inside. We need 6 rooms and 6 meals.

Zarabeth looks to see if there is a stage and/or musicians playing at the moment.

And is there any entertainment that plays here at this time of the evening?

9. - Top - End - #129

I'm afraid we only have four rooms miss. Also, we're light on entertainment lately. To tell you the truth, you lot are the first travelers I've had in about a month. But, I can provide you with hot meals and a place for your mounts, as well as four rooms for ten gold for everything. That will get you the rooms and stables for as long as you'd like, though only tonight's meal. the older gentleman behind the bar says smiling at Zarabeth in a kindly manner

Show

10. - Top - End - #130

BardGirl

ZARABETH

We'll take them.
    Turning to Rook, she says
    You boys work out how you want to split up the rest of the 3 rooms. I would have one of you in my room, but it wouldnt be seemly
    She turns back to the innkeeper
    So you dont even have some musicians that play here at night? Thats really too bad.

11. - Top - End - #131

Neamaeli takes one of the room keys and heads for the corresponding room, not really caring who will be on the same room as him.
    Arena Medals:

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rook gives Zarabeth an innocent look, then says to the barkeeper,"Too bad indeed, about the music." He plops a single platinum coin on the table to pay for the rooms. "I'll take my meal now with a glass of your finest wine, my good man." He wanders over to a table at random and plops down in a chair, awaiting his food.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Thomas walks into the inn and sees Rook and Zarabeth apparently waiting to eat. He says, "I will take mine upstairs. I need to meditate and pray tonight." As he heads for his room, he murmurs, "I pray that they haven't harmed her."
    Last edited by Master_Rahl22; 2009-07-18 at 12:55 PM.
    Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled. We live to serve. Our lives are yours.

14. - Top - End - #134

Of course sir! the bartender pockets the platinum coin and opens up a door to the cellar and comes back up with a bottle of wine. He grabs two wine glasses and carries them over to the table along with a bottle of Elven Ice Wine. One glass for you, and one for your lovely lady friend the bartender says with a wink. I will go retrieve your food now the bartender says, walking back to the kitchen

Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Clyde enters the inn and sees the keeper entering the kitchen. He quietly approaches the front desk and drops down the eight copper pieces and a platinum piece that he had in his pocket. He then walks over to sit down with Rook and deliberately stares at a wall to ignore any looks he might be getting.

Spoiler
    Show
    The necessary checks, I presume:
    Hide - (1d20+2)[22]
    MoveSilently - (1d20+2)[16]
    Last edited by BoomerangFlash; 2009-07-18 at 05:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Lee is still fuming about the killing of the boy and the capture of his boss. He does not even say a word as he goes to one of the rooms not taken and starts to do push ups and other work outs. He only stops when some one come's in or an hour has passed, then falls asleep.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

17. - Top - End - #137

BardGirl

ZARABETH

Zarabeth eats her meal with Rook, discussing nothing of importance, while keeping an eye out for anyone else in the room who might be taking more than a passing interest in what they are doing and saying. After the meal is done, she will retire to her room, telling Rook to wake her when the party is ready to depart.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

After bidding Zarabeth a fond goodnight, Rook slowly sips at the Elven wine for a little while, lost in old memories. He lets Clyde sit in silence, but pushes the bottle of wine towards the somber man wordlessly. Seeing the common room empty out, and the barkeeper start to yawn, the hat wearing one pushes his chair back and walks to the rooms, flipping the serving man a silver coin as he passes.

He hears Neamaeli's snoring from down the hall, and decides that the goliath will get his own room, once again. He peeks into Thomas' room, and hears the cleric fervently muttering prayers. Closing the door back softly, he finally settles on the room with Lee since the shifter is sound asleep by this point. Rook closes his eyes and drifts off with his boots still on and a sheathed dagger under his pillow.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Clyde finishes up all the wine left and stumbles up to the room he's sharing. When he gets up there he realizes he still has his armor on. He starts removing it, then gives up when he figures out his fingers are fumbling around too much.

20. - Top - End - #140

The next morning comes softly, as the night passed uneventfully. Your dreams were plagued by visions though. Some of you dreamed of the young man who was killed in front of you, some of you dreamed of Glenda, though the dreams didn't disturb you enough to hinder your sleep.

Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

An eye half opens and glances surreptitiously around the small room. Once Rook is satisfied that it is morning, and everything remains unchanged from the night before, both eyes spring open and he gets up. Stealthily, he changes his clothing and puts all of his weapons in their proper place. Then he quietly exits the room and heads downstairs. Quite possibly, Lee never notices the rogue was in the room with him at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking 10 on Move silently- 21

Once downstairs he will sit by the fire and wait for the others to come while musing about how painful a death he can give to those that abducted Glenda.

22. - Top - End - #142

BardGirl

ZARABETH

Zarabeth awakes, and goes through her stretching and warm up routines, Once she is satisfied that she is fully limber and ready for action, she heads downstairs. Spotting Rook already downstairs, she heads for his table.

A quick breakfast? And then head off to find that forge and the artifact.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rook's vengeful face breaks into a welcoming smile when she comes down. "A pleasant morning, Zara. Looks like you didn't need anyone to wake you after all. I hope the rest don't decide to sleep until noon."

24. - Top - End - #144

BardGirl

Neamaeli's belly cant go that long between fillings

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGuy

Thomas has been up for quite some time now. His sleep wasn't as restful as he'd hoped, and he rose even earlier than usual to pray, meditate, and prepare his spells. Once he is finished, he goes downstairs to find Rook and Zarabeth already there. He gives a half-hearted smile, but seems preoccupied about something as he waits for his breakfast.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Clyde wakes up, quite groggy. He checks the journal entry he wrote last night while drinking, then rips up the page and tosses it out the window. He starts to head downstairs to join the others, but he decides his footsteps are way too loud and goes back to bed.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Lee who had been awake for half the night thinking decides to not change his soul melds. He walks down stairs and orders an ale and starts to drink silently.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

28. - Top - End - #148

Neamaeli eventually wakes up. He doesn't feel as energetic as before. He slowly picks his stuff up and slowly goes to the main hall to eat.
    Arena Medals:

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Each person who comes down is greeted energetically by Rook, who seems to completely miss the glum mood most of the party is in. He jokes around with the party, and speculates on "what fortune awaits us today!" and generally makes a nuisance of himself.

After a little while, he realizes the silent Clyde still hasn't come down, so he heads upstairs calling, "Come, come, come on down, Sir Clyde! There is treasure that awaits our finding! Vengence that awaits our doing! Adventure is knocking at our door like a lonely harlot screaming, 'Take me please!' and we must hasten to answer her call!!" Rook starts banging loudly on the door to Clyde's room. If there was anyone still asleep this fine morning, the are probably now awake thanks to Rook's ruckus.

30. - Top - End - #150

Is one of you named "Thomas Stoutheart"? the bartender will ask as he approaches the group sitting at one of only two tables with people at it. I've got a letter here for him

Show