New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem-War of Destiny

(Lets see... Green has two squishies, Celeste and myself... so we should take the two farthest from the mass of enemies... I'll take B6 and I think we should let Celeste get C7.)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

(ooc: I assume you will start at A6, you mean Summoner?)

Celeste: "I-I don't believe this! We are walking straight into the battle! My lord, you are not honestly planning on attacking them straight on like this are you?"

Celeste will start from B7
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

(Yeah... I meant that...)

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

To Celeste:
    "Is it critical that we protect Sumar and my Nephew Resfeld. If that means risking our lives in combat, that's what what we'll have to do. However, a head on charge isn't what I had in mind."

Start at A4

To everyone:
    "We need to let them come to us! It'll be nearly impossible to defeat their overwhelming numbers all at once. Celeste, stay behind me and alex. Solam, stay back, but be ready to provide magical support. Alex, you and I will take the front. But let me and my heavy armor take the brunt of it"

(Potential move: Simply move back 2 squares. If Alex also moves back 2 squares, then we're only exposed to the 2 soilde'rs and the archer's attacks. When the enemy Fighter, Mage and Shaman move closer to us next turn, we can take them out easily.)
    Last edited by aje8; 2009-08-19 at 11:32 AM.
    Fire Emblem Optimizer and Game Balancer (apparently) in the Playground
    A note on using my Fire Emblem rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm mostly retired from Fire Emblem PbPs, and indeed the PbPs in general at present. So if you wish to use my character creation rules, I would appreciate a PM, but feel free to start the game before I respond, as it might be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti
    "Reason itself is fallible, for logic must account for all the crazy **** wizards keep doing."
    Harry Dresden Avatar by Deuxhero

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

(Do I even have players anymore? )

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Blue is using my plan on the OOC thread, but we never posted here. Green I believe is missing one player to update.
    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    I could shove the fighter down, then Oswald could move to the fighter's present location and rescue me, allowing Karius to steal the fighter band, and Daren could then move in and rescue the thief. That way no one is in danger, and we get the band this turn.
    Edit@V: pssst. Karius is a male, isn't he?
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2009-08-24 at 12:56 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Karius

Karius moves through the group of allies, appearing near the fighter with blade in hand. With a swift movement, she steals the band from the fighter's pocket.

Move to wherever necessary and Steal the Fighter Band from the Fighter.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Resfeld moves to I11 and shoves the fighter.
    "Fighters shouldn't wear jewelry, let us take that off your hands." Resfeld laughs, winking at Karius.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2009-08-24 at 12:50 AM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Solam pauses for a second to catch his breath from all the running. After a moment, he pushes the rest of his things back into his bag, abandoning everything he hasn't managed to save from the grime.

"You know these people? ... Well, that complicates things a bit... Which ones do I need to not kill?

(comeon... its been a week =/ I wanna zap things...)
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2009-08-24 at 01:23 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130

Ok, my offical move is to move back 1 square. Alex should do the same and squishes should move back as much as possible.

"Resfeld is the purple haired youth with the sword. He and those helping him are on our side. Sumar is the robed man with the two towering bodyguards. Don't kill them or their men."

(Actually I doubt you could actually do anything to Sumar. He seems to be a high level mage with all the res that implies.)
    Last edited by aje8; 2009-08-24 at 09:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm mostly retired from Fire Emblem PbPs, and indeed the PbPs in general at present. So if you wish to use my character creation rules, I would appreciate a PM, but feel free to start the game before I respond, as it might be a while.

"Reason itself is fallible, for logic must account for all the crazy **** wizards keep doing."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

(I'll move from A6 to A7 so you can move back your two spaces, but not a step further. None of them can hit me this round, and I'd like to get a piece of the action, not run from it... Actually, if Blackstone and Alex only move one south of their starting points, we can lure the soldiers and archer into attacking, and then destroy them on the counterattack... might be a bit risky though)

12. - Top - End - #132

(Summoner, we need to stay out of range of the mage and shaman..... they have 7 base magic. That means they deal 1/2 my health in a single shot. I need to stay out of both their ranges. Alex should probably do the same)

EDIT: Actually wait, I can move 1 square back and still stay out of their range.... barring mage attack, nothing is getting through mah 9 defense. Going with that plan.
    Last edited by aje8; 2009-08-24 at 09:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

(The shaman is both marked as a boss and on an arrive space. I seriously doubt hes going to move... ever...

Moving 1 back will definatly lure the soldiers and archer into attacking you and/or alex. The fighter will also likely come along for the ride. Finishing off the soldiers wont be hard. Depending on who all moves and where our health is, we can decide whether to press into them or fall back into a more defensive position)

14. - Top - End - #134

(*Facepalm* about the boss

Hum.... the soilders both have an awesome 4 str. This puts their damage at 4+7 (lance might)=11. 11-9 defense-1 weapon triangle=1 total damage to me.

The archer has 5 str, but an Iron bow has a measily 5 might. That means he'll deal me 1 damage as well. (5+5-9=1)

The Fighter fares much better. 7 str+8 weapon might=15. 15-9 defnese= 6 total damage to me.

6+1+1+1= 9. Not even 1/2 my health.

Note that those weapon might values are from my memory of Fe7 and so may not be correct given that this world is PoRish and that my memory isn't that great.)
    Last edited by aje8; 2009-08-24 at 11:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

(Considering I'm in absolutly no danger either way and also quite lazy/preoccupied, I'm not going to check, but the might didn't vary much from the GBA ones to PoR/RD for most weapons, so even if you dont have it exactly right, its close enough...

However, given the choice, the Soldiers will probably target Alex, who they will deal more damage to as well as have a higher chance of hitting thanks to triangle.

And the fighter wont be able to attack you this turn if you move back one... unless he has a hand axe that I didnt check for notice)
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2009-08-24 at 11:47 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

(That's why maybe Alex should move back 2 while I move back 1. That would put him out of their range while I remain in their range.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

(However, doing that would give you all of the exp... Its really his choice if he wants to take that risk or not... Even if not, Alex and Solam could both share one kill of the weakened soldiers while you weaken the archer or fighter for the next round)

18. - Top - End - #138

(It wouldn't actually give me that much exp because I can't double these guys. My attacks do 17-defense damage..... in otherwords not enough to kill any non-mage, so both soilders are living and the ranged dudes are too ready for the whole team to kill. My total exp after this turn will be 22+50 base...... not really that much. I'm not trying to hog exp, I'm just trying to keep everyone alive.

But yes, it's ultimatley Alex's decision, and I haven't done the math to see if he has a death chance or not.)
    Last edited by aje8; 2009-08-26 at 10:20 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

(Where is Geno? Without him this game will stand still like in glue-laced tar )

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

(You have three options.

1) PM him and let him know we need his move.

2) Take his move for him as you would an NPC.

3) Keep us waiting.

Personally, at this point I'd go with #2. If it happened again, #1, but this time its been too long for that already)

21. - Top - End - #141

(Agree 100% with Summoner.

The move we decided for him is moving back 1-2 squares...... just have him do that so we can get on with this.)
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

(Right, will do. You are suggesting his move to be to B7, then?)

(Expect update tomorrow if the answer is yes)

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry I haven't been responding; Life, school, etc.

Yes, I agree that Alex moves to B7. But as a side note, I'm practically a blind bat because the image-host-site-thingy is blocked.

Alex takes a quick glance at Celeste.
    "And I suppose you want us to wait till they stop fighting? There's people that need protecting RIGHT. NOW. Not later, NOW." and draws his sword as if emphasizing his point.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

(Hmm... blindman eh? Grim, may I suggest using http://www.imageshack.us/ for future image hosting? Hes been in mine since the beginning and never complained of trouble seeing those.)

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Celeste glares at Alex.

Celeste: "What are you yelling about addle-brain!? I'm the one who's supposed to care for the wounded, YOU'RE the one who is supposed to do the protecting, and all I said was that running straight at them isn't going to help!"
    She crosses her arms over her chest, pouting, but nods as Blackstone outlines their plan.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

(Okay, now that everyone has made their move final, I can finally get to work... expect update on saturday, because I have essay to do tomorrow and then I am just too darn tired and busy to do it tomorrow )

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

OOC: Well, first of all, I want to present my most tear-laden apologies for delaying this update. My life has been a mess recently, and not only because of schoolwork but also some relationship screw-ups... I hope you guys can give me a chance to keep this game alive?

Also, as I saw no definite moves from some people, only planning, I went with definite facts and my best judgement. It might not present as ideal of an situation as it would have, but you all are still alive

IC:

"Sir, there appears to be another group of them coming to our flank!"

"What? Impossible!"

"One of them is General Blackstone! Look, there he is!"

The priest points towards Blackstone and the leader hisses in frustration

"I don't have time for this! Kill them all!"

The enemy forces let out battle cry in unison and charge towards Blackstone's group

Player Turn:

All players make their moves. Due to some confusion on Alex’s movement (He planned to move to B7 in where Celeste is, and she did not post any move), he moves to B6 instead

Karius steals the fighter band from Fighter 3

Enemy Turn

Archer 1 moves from J10 to I10 and attacks Oswald!

{table="width=100%"]|Archer 1 hits twice for total of 4 damage!|Oswald cannot counter|[/table]

Oswald gains 1 exp!

Fighter 3 moves from I13 to H13 and attacks Sumar!

{table="width=100%"]|Fighter 3 hits for 11 damage!|Sumar counters twice for total of 38 damage, overkilling the fighter|[/table]

Soldier 2 moves from E4 to B5 and attacks Alex!

{table="width=100%"]|Soldier 2 hits, causing 8 damage!|Alex counters twice for total of 14 damage!|[/table]

Alex gains 30 exp! +1 support with Celeste!

Fighter 2 moves from G5 to C5 and attacks Alex!

{table="width=100%"]|Fighter 2 misses!|Alex cannot counter|[/table]

Alex gains 1 exp!

Soldier 3 moves from B1 to B4 and attacks Alex!

{table="width=100%"]|Soldier 3 misses!|Alex cannot counter|[/table]

Alex gains 1 exp!

Archer 2 moves from D2 to A3 and attacks Blackstone!

{table="width=100%"]|Archer 2 misses!|Blackstone cannot counter|[/table]

Blackstone gains 1 exp!

Mage 1 moves from F3 to D5

Knight 3 moves from I1 to G2

Knight 4 moves from G1 to E2

Other Turn

Sumar uses Mend on Knight 1!

{table="width=100%"]|Knight 1 regains 2 hp!|[/table]

Units:

Enemy:

Spoiler
    Show

Myrmidon 1
    Position: -
    Level: 2
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 0/21
    Str: 7
    Mag: 0
    Skl: 6
    Spd: 6
    Luck: 2
    Def: 3
    Res: 0

Movement: 4
    Weight: 8

Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron sword (e) (48/50)

Myrmidon 2
    Level: 3
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 0/20
    Str: 5
    Skl: 7
    Spd: 11
    Luck: 4
    Def: 2

Weight: 8
    Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Slim sword (e) (35/35)

Soldier 1
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 0/22
    Def: 6

Weight: 6
    Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron Lance (e) (48/50)

Soldier 2
    Position: B5
    Level: 1
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP:6/20
    Str: 4
    Skl: 4
    Spd: 5
    Def: 5

Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron Lance (e) (49/50)

Soldier 3
    Position: B4
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 21
    Spd: 4
    Def: 6

Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Javelin (e) (19/20)

Fighter 1
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 0/24
    Str: 6
    Spd: 3

Weight: 11
    Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron Axe (e) (49/50)

Fighter 2
    Position: C5
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 25
    Str: 7
    Skl: 2
    Spd: 2
    Luck: 3
    Def: 1
    Res: 1

Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hand Axe (e) (24/25)

Fighter 3
    Position:-
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP:0/27
    Str: 8
    Def: 4

Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hand Axe (e) (25/25)

Archer 1
    Position: I10
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 18
    Res: 2

Weight: 7
    Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron Bow (e) (48/50)
    Vulnerary(3/3)

Archer 2
    Position: A3
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 19
    Skl: 7
    Spd: 7
    Res: 2

Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Steel Bow (e) (39/40)

Priest 1
    Position: F1
    Level:1
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 18
    Str: 1
    Mag: 8
    Skl: 3
    Res: 8

Weight: 5
    Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Heal Staff (e) (40/40)
    Seraph Robe (1/1)

Mage 1
    Position: D5
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 20
    Str: 2
    Mag: 7
    Luck: 1
    Res: 5

Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Fire Tome (e) (40/40)
    Vulnerary (3/3)

Mounted Knight (lance) 1
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 0/22
    Mag: 1

Movement: 6
    Weight: 14
    Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron Lance (e) (48/50)

Mounted Knight (bow) 2
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 0/23
    Skl: 5

Movement: 6
    Weight: 14
    Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron Bow (e) (50/50)

Knight 3
    Position: G2
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 24
    Str:6
    Skl: 5
    Spd:2
    Luck:1
    Def: 8

Movement: 3
    Weight: 13
    Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron Lance (e) (50/50)

Knight 4
    Position: E2
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 23
    Str:7
    Spd:3
    Luck:1
    Def: 8

Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Iron Lance (e) (50/50)

BOSS
    ?????
    Position: E1 (Arrive Square)
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 24
    Str: 4
    Mag: 9
    Spd: 8
    Res: 8

Weight: 7:
    Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Flux Tome(e) (50/50)
    Elixir (3/3)

Haran:
    Spoiler
    Show

Royal Advisor Sumar
    Position:G14
    Level:?
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 13/30
    Mag: 14
    Skl: 18
    Spd: 14
    Luck: 8
    Res: 12

Movement: 5
    Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Elfire (e) 30/35
    Mend 19/20

Knight 1
    Position: G13
    Level: 6
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP:28
    Str: 12
    Def: 11
    Res: 3

Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Javelin (e) (18/20)
    Steel Lance (40/40)

Knight 2
    Position: H14
    Level: 5
    Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 28
    Str: 10
    Skl: 9
    Luck: 6
    Def: 10

Inventory:
    Spoiler
    Show

Steel Lance (e) (40/40)
    Javelin (20/20)

EXP totals:

Resfeld: exp:63 level:1
    Oswald: exp:46 level:2
    Daren: exp:83 level:1
    Karius:exp:50 level:1
    Blackstone: exp: 51 level:1
    Alex: exp: 82 level:1
    Celeste: exp: 50 level:1
    Solam: exp: 50 level:1

HP totals:

Resfeld:14/20
    Oswald:17/28
    Daren:20/20
    Karius:5/16
    Blackstone:22/22
    Alex:12/20
    Celeste:16/16
    Solam:17/17

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

(looking... thinking...

Ok, the key is going to be keeping myself and Celeste safe... Blackstone is a man-wall with nothing to fear except that mage. Alex is fairly safe as well provided we keep his health up... Having trouble coming up with a strategy, partially because I don't have all of our stats readily available (Grim please post these with the enemy ones...), but if Alex can survive the counterattack, it might be a good idea to have him attack the mage... Celeste would have to heal him after that of course. After that, if the mage survived, I could finish him off and Blackstone could do something that would put him in a defensive position. Alternatively, I could attack the mage first, having the highest Res of our offensive units, but unless I can finish him off it seems like a waste...)

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

(time for the OOC thread tactics discussion!)

30. - Top - End - #150

Move C6 and slash at the Fighter.

"This isn't working there's too many. We'll have to break their line , attack!"
    With that, the burly man dances to the side before swinging his mighty axe at the Fighter.
    Last edited by aje8; 2009-09-19 at 11:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show