New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    I couldn't title my way out of a paper bag.
    Really, all the British people I know are good at coming up with titles, I would have thought...Oh right, you wouldn't want to blow your cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Well I hope in that comic Shadesworth is already ressurected because I was going to make his rezzing the last of Episode 1.
    Hey Xartvye, there were some people from the Home Base team that wanted to join the Away Team, right? I think it was Digger Deb and (maybe) Katya. Were there any others?
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Really, all the British people I know are good at coming up with titles, I would have thought...Oh right, you wouldn't want to blow your cover.
    So... what are you going to do during Episode 2. Want a guest character? The mayor perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    Hey Xartvye2, there were some people from the Home Base team that wanted to join the Away Team, right? I think it was Digger Deb and (maybe) Katya. Were there any others?
    Felyndira (or however it's spelled), Megadoomer's character and... I dunno. Keep in mind we aren't jumping straight away.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-07-22 at 07:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514

Felyndira (or however it's spelled), Megadoomer's character and... I dunno. Keep in mind we aren't jumping straight away.
    My comic is going to consist mostly of Brain giving Xartvye a "briefing" of sorts to make sure they're ready for the jump. Will that be satisfactory? Anything specific you want in there?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

I couldn't title my way out of a paper bag.
    Best sentence ever.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Banned

My comic is going to consist mostly of Brain giving Xartvye a "briefing" of sorts to make sure they're ready for the jump. Will that be satisfactory? Anything specific you want in there?
    Shouldn't he brief all of the away team? Usually this is how a Tuesday for a X2works more or less.

0500 hours: Wake up and do morning routines (breakfast, shower, teeth clean, feed Data (his cat))
    0600 hours: Read schedule (newsletter mailed to individual quarters, so Shadesworth will probably give it to him), head to conference room
    0630 hours: Away team meeting (includes Katya however)
    0700 hours: Preparation (spells, equipment)
    0945 hours: D-Jump begins to be cast. During this time a head count is taken
    1000 hours: D-Jump completes, jump begins.

But that's just my idea.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-07-22 at 07:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

Isn't it five in the morning for some reason? Won't most people be asleep?

Personally, I think our comics should take place whatever time we wish.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-22 at 07:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #518
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Isn't it five in the morning for some reason? Won't most people be asleep?

Personally, I think our comics should take place whatever time we wish.
    Nobody has a gun to his head Q.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-07-22 at 07:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

This unfortunately is the regular waking time for away team members.
    *shrug* Makes sense I guess.

I'll begin making my comic.

And yes, I'll have Shadesworth already alive in my comic. I think it'd be a pretty weird comic with him already dead.

Nobody has a gun to his head Q.
    You kinda made it sound like yes, we DID have a metaphorical gun to our heads.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-07-22 at 08:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #520

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Thanks guvna!
    Too late!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

11. - Top - End - #521
    Banned

Too late!
    Whose side are you on!?

Will Tjal be joining us this D-Jump?

12. - Top - End - #522

Whose side are you on!?
    BRC's. If the reds don't stick together, who will?
    Will Tjal be joining us this D-Jump?
    He might. I was thinking maybe a test run for the inter-dimensional communication equipment. I also have an idea for a comic. Expect it around Saturday (I have summer school till Friday).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

13. - Top - End - #523
    Banned

You kinda made it sound like yes, we DID have a metaphorical gun to our heads.
    *click click* Wanna rephrase that son?

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

FFF tactical idea-

Couldn't two of the corvettes/gunboats accompanying the Yamoto break formation in opposite directions? That is to say, One... ship stays with the Yamoto to provide torpedo-based attacks, while the other two travel along the coast in opposite directions, so as to be able to harry any lingering coastal defenses and settlements? Since, to my knowledge, the citadel can't split itself apart (or can it? dun dun dun! just kidding), splitting forces would be an ideal way to cause grief amongst its crew, especially the guinoids. If a land invasion is the ultimate goal here, it's also a great way to get a beachhead earlier. Since the citadel only has, to my knowledge, two heavy guns, getting out of range unharmed would be trivial.

This also gives a group of mass fly- enhanced sharnin swordmages something to do- harry one of the... whatevers.

On the other hand, I have all the tactical knowledge of a deranged wombat, so this might actually be a horrible strategy. I don't know.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

15. - Top - End - #525
    Banned

He might. I was thinking maybe a test run for the inter-dimensional communication equipment. I also have an idea for a comic. Expect it around Saturday (I have summer school till Friday).
    That's not a bad idea.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    FFF tactical idea-

Couldn't two of the corvettes/gunboats accompanying the Yamoto break formation in opposite directions? That is to say, One... ship stays with the Yamoto to provide torpedo-based attacks, while the other two travel along the coast in opposite directions, so as to be able to harry any lingering coastal defenses and settlements? Since, to my knowledge, the citadel can't split itself apart (or can it? dun dun dun! just kidding), splitting forces would be an ideal way to cause grief amongst its crew, especially the guinoids. If a land invasion is the ultimate goal here, it's also a great way to get a beachhead earlier. Since the citadel only has, to my knowledge, two heavy guns, getting out of range unharmed would be trivial.

This also gives a group of mass fly- enhanced sharnin swordmages something to do- harry one of the... whatevers.

On the other hand, I have all the tactical knowledge of a deranged wombat, so this might actually be a horrible strategy. I don't know.
    The boats are actually transport ships with light armament (capable of wiping out coastal defences, but with a lot more difficulty than the Yamato), but your idea is good. Maybe two of the transports head out of range of the Citadel (submerged, so that it doesn't know where they are heading), ensuring that the Pikalites land and besiege the capital no matter what.

The Sharnians could still try to locate the Pikalites and teleport there to try to destroy them, although since the Tajirans have support from the transports' defence lasers and have a lot of armoured vehicles to compensate for their small size and vulnerability the Sharnians would be better off using ambush tactics, or they'll be massacred.

EDIT: Tomorrow I'll make a comic about that, please don't do anything yet.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-22 at 08:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    The boats are actually transport ships with light armament (capable of wiping out coastal defences, but with a lot more difficulty than the Yamato), but your idea is good. Maybe two of the transports head out of range of the Citadel (submerged, so that it doesn't know where they are heading), ensuring that the Pikalites land and besiege the capital no matter what.

The Sharnians could still try to locate the Pikalites and teleport there to try to destroy them, although since the Tajirans have support from the transports' defence lasers and have a lot of armoured vehicles to compensate for their small size and vulnerability the Sharnians would be better off using ambush tactics, or they'll be massacred.

EDIT: Tomorrow I'll make a comic about that, please don't do anything yet.
    Or they could sneak onboard the ship and either commandeer it or scuttle it, effectively ridding the Tajirans of that support. The land battle could be a series of tactical retreats designed to be a diversion.
    ...What?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

18. - Top - End - #528
    Bugbear in the Playground

I approve of this idea Lemming.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally I'm glad we already have a precedent for the Citadel's shielding being resistant to the Tajiran laser weaponry of the Yamato.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Personally I'm glad we already have a precedent for the Citadel's shielding being resistant to the Tajiran laser weaponry of the Yamato.
    We're so lucky the shield isn't completely transparent.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    We're so lucky the shield isn't completely transparent.
    Theres an invisibility field around the shield.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Banned

Does Avbaroy have a calender and a timeline of important events?

23. - Top - End - #533

Does Avbaroy have a calender and a timeline of important events?
    There's a great deal of documentation in the history section of the wiki.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

"It is time to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the ENEMYS." - John Freeman
    Spoiler
    Show

In other words, I felt this had to be done by someone, so why not me?

25. - Top - End - #535
    Firbolg in the Playground

Psssst. You forgot the tail.

Otherwise, awesome.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Psssst. You forgot the tail.

Otherwise, awesome.
    Maybe she tucked it into her pants?

27. - Top - End - #537
    Firbolg in the Playground

That would be uncomfortable. But fine.

God knows how many times I've forgotten to draw it.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Bugbear in the Playground

Do I want to know what you are talking about?

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    Do I want to know what you are talking about?
    Tails. And where to place them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

30. - Top - End - #540
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

*works on secret project but is hung up by delays*
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)