New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    A specific one? Zombie? Nuclear? The one with the four guys on horses? Or just any?
    Can't we use the one that floods the earth? It worked well last time... Though nuclear wastelands are always good.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Bored...

So...

Bored.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

It is an oddly quiet day around here, yes

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

What is going to happen first in FI after mad mask starts the plot? What meaningless subplot will we start?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Dunno.

Again, apologies to any who find Squark's use of Imperceptible overpowered.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    What is going to happen first in FI after mad mask starts the plot? What meaningless subplot will we start?
    Don't think we have anything planned other then a few people with their own individual character intros.

Once Mad starts the plot, I guess people will just do that, and after the initial intro's someone is going to make a comic introducing some macguffin or something and that'll get the ball rolling.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-07-18 at 11:22 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

I've decided to pop here, just to see what the hell happens here.

So, I'm both new and lazy. 'Cause I don't feel like browsing around to see what I am supposed to be doing.
    So, anyone can brief me without getting me dizzy?
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Ermm... Ok, but, to be honest, with FFF wrapping up, now is not a great time for newbies to join. Then again, I chose this time to rejoin, so that's a bit hypocritical of me.

Let's see...

Fat Fish Fury begins with Almighty Salmon falling in Love with Threeshades (TS for short). Threeshades then "falls in love" with Salmon's younger, but much larger, brother, Leroy. A fight breaks out, and Threeshades flees to her fortress of vengeance, with Salmon in pursuit. Both acquire several allies, most notably- Salmon meets his old friend Kpenguin, who has done a lot of the exposition, while TS meets up with Lyinginbedmon, who has cast a spell of permanent domination on her (in actuality, Threeshades rolled a natural 20 on her bluff check.. so yeah). Kpenguin then reveals TS's true goal: Leeroy is the only person who can open a mystic temple, within which is a macguffin which controls dragons, which will allow her to rule the world like her grandmother Sildyu before her. However, a parody of the Order of the Scribble stopped her and locked the temple, so it can only be opened with 5 keys.

There are more story arcs dealing with Threeshade's redemption, the death of the Aranthi Shades, and so on, but the last bit of FFF, and the major villains of its sequel, Future imperfect, are the sovice.

The Sovice are... essentially, they're magical replicators (from Stargate SG-1). Their leader is Inses... Insesectile or something or other. We just call him Ins. Ins is a clone of lying with the soul of a sovice block with in him. Ins has formed the United Nations of Avbaroy, which is attempting to solidify its hold over the world. The UNA appears to be benevolent, but the Sovice's record speaks for itself.

The last story arc of FFF deals with the battle of Aphlantica. Or something. Anyway, 2 Sovice battleships are bearing down on Aphlantica, attempting to destroy the last large hold of resistance to sovice domination.

The Sovice have the Soverign, and its sister ship, both nearly indestructible, while the Resistance has been reduced to The Citadel of Bis Anu (an ancient, magical, flying city).

For more info, read through the archive (which is sadly incomplete).

Visiting the wiki and reading any of the backstory comics (Lyinginbedmon's is the most informative, dealing with Sildyu's reign of terror, although the sovice do make an appearance.

EDIT: Urgh... Someone else try to summurise this in simpler terms while I try to read the comics that aren't in the archive.
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-07-18 at 12:17 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Even though it is too long, it was, in fact, very well summarized.
    I almost entirely understood everything.

I'll see then what to do when a new story arc pops.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Fat Fish Fury begins with Almighty Salmon falling in Love with Threeshades (TS for short)
    Incorrect. I don't believe Salmon ever loved her. It began with him trying to kill Leroy for falling in love with the enemy.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Well fine.

He asked her out on a date, fell in love, same difference.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    Incorrect. I don't believe Salmon ever loved her. It began with him trying to kill Leroy for falling in love with the enemy.
    It began with Salmon hitting on Threeshades and Threeshades running away with Leroy after Salmon wanted to make him a giant filet, for falling in love with her.
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2009-07-18 at 01:32 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy View Post
    I've decided to pop here, just to see what the hell happens here.

So, I'm both new and lazy. 'Cause I don't feel like browsing around to see what I am supposed to be doing.
    So, anyone can brief me without getting me dizzy?
    Ooh! Ooh! I know!
    We sit around talking about what ever the heck we feel like and very rarely someone sits down and makes a comic that may or may not actually advance the plot!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh! Ooh! I know!
    We sit around talking about what ever the heck we feel like and very rarely someone sits down and makes a comic that may or may not actually advance the plot!
    you summed up abr. Congratulations

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Great.
    Anyone up to make the Hideous Nut-eating moose?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Grr...

I can't find a picture of Ins in something casual looking to use as a reference.

Shades of Gray made a FI proto-comic awhile ago, does anyone know where it is?

EDIT: Never mind, found a comic that will work.
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-07-18 at 02:27 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

Ermm... Ok, but, to be honest, with FFF wrapping up, now is not a great time for newbies to join. Then again, I chose this time to rejoin, so that's a bit hypocritical of me.

Let's see...

Fat Fish Fury begins with Almighty Salmon falling in Love with Threeshades (TS for short). Threeshades then "falls in love" with Salmon's younger, but much larger, brother, Leroy. A fight breaks out, and Threeshades flees to her fortress of vengeance, with Salmon in pursuit. Both acquire several allies, most notably- Salmon meets his old friend Kpenguin, who has done a lot of the exposition, while TS meets up with Lyinginbedmon, who has cast a spell of permanent domination on her (in actuality, Threeshades rolled a natural 20 on her bluff check.. so yeah). Kpenguin then reveals TS's true goal: Leeroy is the only person who can open a mystic temple, within which is a macguffin which controls dragons, which will allow her to rule the world like her grandmother Sildyu before her. However, a parody of the Order of the Scribble stopped her and locked the temple, so it can only be opened with 5 keys.

There are more story arcs dealing with Threeshade's redemption, the death of the Aranthi Shades, and so on, but the last bit of FFF, and the major villains of its sequel, Future imperfect, are the sovice.

The Sovice are... essentially, they're magical replicators (from Stargate SG-1). Their leader is Inses... Insesectile or something or other. We just call him Ins. Ins is a clone of lying with the soul of a sovice block with in him. Ins has formed the United Nations of Avbaroy, which is attempting to solidify its hold over the world. The UNA appears to be benevolent, but the Sovice's record speaks for itself.

The last story arc of FFF deals with the battle of Aphlantica. Or something. Anyway, 2 Sovice battleships are bearing down on Aphlantica, attempting to destroy the last large hold of resistance to sovice domination.

The Sovice have the Soverign, and its sister ship, both nearly indestructible, while the Resistance has been reduced to The Citadel of Bis Anu (an ancient, magical, flying city).

For more info, read through the archive (which is sadly incomplete).

Visiting the wiki and reading any of the backstory comics (Lyinginbedmon's is the most informative, dealing with Sildyu's reign of terror, although the sovice do make an appearance.

EDIT: Urgh... Someone else try to summurise this in simpler terms while I try to read the comics that aren't in the archive.
    You left out an important part: Ins is in Lying's original body. Lying died casting an apocalyptic spell, and after a chicken (not me)tried to resurrect him, a newly deceased Sovice spirit went into Lying's body instead. of course, Lying had many clones, so he came back to life, but that doesn't matter. What does is: Ins looks exactly like Lying, except that he has blue eyes and, these days, is looking a lot healthier.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    You left out an important part: Ins is in Lying's original body. Lying died casting an apocalyptic spell, and after a chicken (not me)tried to resurrect him, a newly deceased Sovice spirit went into Lying's body instead. of course, Lying had many clones, so he came back to life, but that doesn't matter. What does is: Ins looks exactly like Lying, except that he has blue eyes and, these days, is looking a lot healthier.
    Doesnt he have green eyes?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

In answer to the subtitle of this thread.

Haste is the spell that has been cast on me to allow me to turn out so many comics recently...

Or maybe I'm just being a bit sloppy with the art...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Grr...

I can't find a picture of Ins in something casual looking to use as a reference.

Shades of Gray made a FI proto-comic awhile ago, does anyone know where it is?

EDIT: Never mind, found a comic that will work.
    Currently he looks like this:

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post

forgot the mustache and the big purple hat.

22. - Top - End - #52

I don't know if it's just me but that hat looks abit Awkward apart from that it looks really good.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Like the suit, but what the heck is that thing on his head?
    His hair looks slightly odd too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

24. - Top - End - #54
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

*whistles innocently as he waits*
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

I won't be able to draw anything this weekend, since I don't have my graphic tablet with me. So the next FFF is going to be Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by chriky View Post
    I don't know if it's just me but that hat looks abit Awkward apart from that it looks really good.
    Thanks. It's a real type of hat, by the way.

@Squark: What the hell is Ins doing on the ship ?
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-07-18 at 04:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Its not so much the shape of the hat, but the position on the head that bothers me. Should not more of the head be inside the hat?

27. - Top - End - #57

@Squark: What the hell is Ins doing on the ship ?
    Also, Squark; if you want people to notice when you make a new comic in the same post as an old one, you might want to copy the contents of the post, delete it, and make a new one with both the old comic and the new one. The only reason I knew to look at the art thread was because MM posted about it.
    Last edited by SinisterPenguin; 2009-07-18 at 04:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Its not so much the shape of the hat, but the position on the head that bothers me. Should not more of the head be inside the hat?
    Um...

It's an old drawing ?

29. - Top - End - #59

Um...

It's an old drawing ?
    I think it might look better if you forgo the hat entirely. It just seems like an odd thing for the ruler of the world to wear.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterPenguin View Post
    I think it might look better if you forgo the hat entirely. It just seems like an odd thing for the ruler of the world to wear.
    Rulers often have fancy hats.